The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
WatermelonTango

A lot of possible new typings I can think of seem a little bit forced. Sound could be cool but it would be hard to decide what is good or bad against it. I'm sure that at some point way down the line they'll come up with a new typing and shock people like what they did with the fairy typing, but I'm pretty comfortable with the way things are now.
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:57 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
The only time I'd like to see a new type introduced is if the type can balance out Ghost because Ghost got buffed big-time this gen.

Old December 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Alex
TheRose, Pt
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I'd love to see a Gas-type introduced and the Bird-type brought back. That would make my day! :D

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Some people do want to see more types, however with so many types already (Including the new Fairy-type) adding more types would probably make Pokemon a little too complicated. 18 types is good enough already.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
dydd90

Mmmm....I think there are a lot of types. They are enough
Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Nature: Naughty
I don't think there any good types left, they pretty much got everything covered. Anything else you come up with would prolly overlap an existing group making it pointless
Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

Considering it took so long to introduce a new type since the last expansion (Generation II), I don't think there will be any more new types, at least not for a very long time.
However, if there ever comes yet another new type in the future, I'd like to see it not have an immunity (all of the post Gen I 'expansion' types (Steel, Dark, and Fairy) have one immunity each.) I honesty wasn't expecting Fairy to even have an immunity.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
I'd only want to see more new types if it's in the interest of balance. For example, if Ice resisted it, since Ice is the only type left in need of a serious defensive buff. (I mean, seriously, what's up with it only resisting Ice? Can't it resist like... Water, or something, at least?)

Granted, I don't think it'll be anytime soon, if they do decide to add any more. And they'd better not nerf my precious Dark-type any more than they already have... I'll never forgive those darn Fairies, I was just fine with them until that.

Regions cleared in the almighty Dark mono-type: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I don't buy into the "They only introduce a new type to balance out the game play" schtick because that's hardly true. If it were true Fairy would have appeared sooner than it did, or they would have made less powerful dragons, not that the introduction of Fairy Type did anything for balance other than throw it a little further from being balanced.

Steel got a change, completely unrelated to fairy type addition and that was a balance update to give it a not so tanky tank feel. Fighting and Dark didn't need new weaknesses, Bug didn't need to be resisted by another type. There wasn't much balance brought in.

With the rant out of the way, I'd like for Sound to become an actual type. Unlike Powder, Punching, Aura, and Biting, Sound is more than just a descriptive grouping for a set of attacks and deserves its own recognition as a type. It already has an ability that nullifies it similar to other types.

Sound is really all I'd like to see added in right now as the other types: Cosmic, Astral, Holy, Light, ect. ...They just don't really fit in. They'd be good for RPGs in general and any Pet collection/Monster Taming games that aren't Pokemon.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:13 AM
Ashleyx
I see food, I eat it.

Nature: Jolly
If new type comes out, there's surely have some pokemon with three types.

Native Vivillon:
Old January 8th, 2014, 04:36 AM
adventure
satellite physician

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudSilence View Post
I think we've got enough new types, it'd just be cooler to see some more interesting dual-typings. Imagine opposite types being stuck together (Fire/Water, Grass/Fire, Dark/Fairy, etc.)? That would be really cool!

I think the only dual-type I never want to see again is Fire/Fighting...how they got away with THREE starters like that I'll never know!
I agree with this post. New dual types can be an interesting way of making cool new pokémon. If some typings, Fire/water or something, would be "too strong", they could make the pokémon not an overly strong species.

Personally I was fine before we added Dark and Steel even, haha, because Steel could have fallen into the Rock type somehow, like with Rhyhorn. And Dark could have fallen into Psychic or ghost depending on what the pokémon was like.

So I'm not going to fight for yet another type to be added ;) Even though I think it was a fun thing that we got fairies. I think of that type as "fairytale" pokémon, I guess. I've heard better explanations for it though.

As some have said, more types would only be to balance the competitive gameplay.
paired with : abnegation
roleplay: CLOUD v2.0
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:17 PM
Bruce Banner
don't fly away
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
No, I think adding more types will make the metagame even more complicated. that's not necessarily a bad thing for veterans, but for newbies it would suuuck. I think that there should be a more diverse pool of dual types rather than new types.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links