Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 8th, 2013, 04:08 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Superb work as always.

Probably I'm the only one who notice the common events problem at translation system and will use the fix. This is my favourite change.

I also liked a lot the mega evolution support.

A small mistake: The file name is "Pokémon Essentials v13 2012-12-02".
Old December 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Chrisario
Looking for members for my project with Lazerspark

Nature: Adamant
I lost the battle animation of the moves how do I put it back because I was messing with the animation editor now every time I use a move like ember and stat's raising no animation if someone can help that
would be helpfull
Old December 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM
DarkShadow21
Master of dark fire!!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkShadow21
Great work as always Maruno! I was planning on having alternate outfits in my games and making a suitcase key item, so the alternate outfits being in v13 saves some trouble. Plus I like the fix for the ice and tall grass/bike problems. Thank you for your hard work!

Check out updates of some of the stuff in Pokémon Titanium and Pokemon Chromium on my deviantart http://darkness2118.deviantart.com/
Old December 8th, 2013, 10:53 PM
tasmania12
Dovahkiin, Dragonborn

Nature: Naughty
Great work! One quick question though:

How can I make it so that all six Pokemon would be able to Mega Evolve instead of just one?

-Groudon-Rayquaza-
Reuniclus-Ho-oh-

-TRIFORCE-

please help me with my problems:
POKEMON ESSENTIALS

help with Missingno ideas:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7068357
Battle Different Form:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274447
exception to max level for certain species:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=274902
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:36 AM
lamasutra

Hello,
I'm new at it. Just to say, the starter kit game crash every time you try to display the "pokemon" menu in the game.

edit : the game doesn't want to launch anymore. Damn.

Last edited by lamasutra; December 16th, 2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: add
Old December 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
jim42

I'm betting you didn't include the Pokémon Pack. Download that and add the content of the folders therein to the same-named folders in the Essentials project.
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Semolous

Does scene_movie work? I tried to play an avi file but it kept crashing. Which is weird because I know it's set up right. It's set up like this $scene = Scene_Movie.new("INTRO") (with my video's name replacing INTRO)

Last edited by Semolous; December 17th, 2013 at 04:01 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Great way of displaying mega forms trigger! How did you obtained the icon?

The Pokémon pack split is also a neat idea. This reminds me my Unova Pack.

Last edited by FL; December 22nd, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL View Post
Great way of displaying mega forms trigger! How did you obtained the icon?

The Pokémon pack split is also a neat idea. This reminds me my Unova Pack.
I searched Google for the clearest battle screenshot I could find that had the icon in it, then cropped the stone icon, made the colours more vibrant and drew a black circle around it.
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:43 AM
IceGod64
My imagination.

Nature: Naive
I'm testing out the new version now, and it's looking awesome!

I've been away since what, version 11? I have too many hobbies.
The extending functionality of the animation editor is something that's been BEGGING to be done.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:24 PM
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Nature: Quiet
Got a quick question about mystery gift i made a test gift what to do i do to uplaod it so i can test the gift?
My first two Pokemon games.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:35 PM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
Got a quick question about mystery gift i made a test gift what to do i do to uplaod it so i can test the gift?
You need something like a website/webserver/ect. Upload it there, copy the url and paste it into the url section of the script "PokemonMysteryGift" then test.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
mewlover22
Pokemon Creator

Nature: Quiet
Okay know of any good websites makers or web servers free ones? Also one other question i downloaded a mega stone icon set i would like to know if we can change the in game battle sprite to show a Pokemon has mega evolved?
My first two Pokemon games.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:13 PM
Umbreon
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewlover22 View Post
Okay know of any good websites makers or web servers free ones? Also one other question i downloaded a mega stone icon set i would like to know if we can change the in game battle sprite to show a Pokemon has mega evolved?
There are plenty of free web servers out there just search for "free web server"

the first one that pops up for me is: http://www.000webhost.com/
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:33 PM
i_am_a_pokemon
AsparagusEdu

Nature: Naive
While messing around route 8, i found out that you can surf even if you don't have a pokemon and/or badges! Is there something i have to change somewhere, or is it a bug?
EDIT: Oooh, so it was because i was on Debug mode . In that case, I have a suggestion for the next version: how about that while in debug mode, instead of automatically being able to surf always, you'd have to hold Ctrl while interacting with the water? That way we can check if our badge switches weren't implemented incorrectly.

Last edited by i_am_a_pokemon; February 12th, 2014 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Found the "bug" xD
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Maruno

I tried it that way once, and decided it was pointless. If you want to check how something works in a real game, it's easy to play the real game (or to have an event which sets $DEBUG=false for a while).
Old May 29th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
Just wondering, when will the next update be?
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Maruno

I have no idea. I never announce releases, I just do them.
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I have no idea. I never announce releases, I just do them.
Oh that makes sense, I was just wondering because I really want 6th gen Pokemon with proper moves and the fairy type.

Also, I just wanted to point out that something is wrong with Aerial Ace. But I'm sure you already know about that. It seems after you use it, you become invincible for a turn.
Old June 6th, 2014, 09:09 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florio View Post
Oh that makes sense, I was just wondering because I really want 6th gen Pokemon with proper moves and the fairy type.

Also, I just wanted to point out that something is wrong with Aerial Ace. But I'm sure you already know about that. It seems after you use it, you become invincible for a turn.
I think you mean invisble*.

As for the Generation 6 content, there's this little thread: -link-

Maruno, a question. Will you utilize the efforts from the aforementioned thread for v14, or are you making your own move and ability scripts and such?
Old June 6th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Maruno

What, and deprive you guys of the joy of making an add-on?

I never said I was adding any Gen 6 stuff to Essentials anyway, and in fact, I don't particularly want to.
Old June 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Well, seeing as most of it is already made, it's not like you won't add it? Most people would probably consider the official Pokémon as being "Essential". lol
Old June 7th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Maruno

What is "essential" is that there's a game engine which can handle things like new Pokémon and items and all that. There are over 600 examples of how to add a new Pokémon, over 500 examples of how to add an item, over 500 examples of how to define a new move (and over 300 examples of how to create a new move function code) and so on. More of the same simply isn't needed; all it'd do is add bloat.

If you happen to want it, and you have all the graphics and audio and everything, then as you said, most of it is already made. Look it up and add it yourself.
Old June 10th, 2014, 08:50 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
What, and deprive you guys of the joy of making an add-on?

I never said I was adding any Gen 6 stuff to Essentials anyway, and in fact, I don't particularly want to.
First, I didn't like this decision, now I think that not doing gen 6 database is one of the best things for helping the community.

Gen 6 Updates project is one of few times that I see the community working together to do something. I only wish that you, at certain time, port some of these functions/abilities at Essentials since adding everthing isn't a plug and play thing and can consume a good time for the most complex effects when attention errors can be fatal for the project, specially when updating the game to a more up to date Essentials version.
Old August 16th, 2014, 12:53 PM
TheOnyxxRaptor

I can not download it, the wiki takes me to mediefire, but than it only gives me to options to open or save. if I chose save it makes a url shortcut back to the mediafire download site.. everything I tried has lead me back to it, so i'm kind of confused and annoyed.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links