The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:23 AM
matt0044

Advertise here
I'd be lying if I said I completely hated them. They do have some of the coolest battles on the show and Ash doesn't go down without a fight against then. Even Tobias (who had an admittedly cool design) managed to make his battle against Ash fairly memorable and intense.

On the other hand, they are quite frankly nothing but plot devices to ensure Ash doesn't win the league (because why would we want to see him progress on his journey at all) and are discarded afterwards, never to be seen again. Okay, Ritchie reappears in Johto but other league rivals are very one-note.

Tobias being the biggest offender as the other we got to know personally at least. He comes it with a LEGENDARY (a Pokemon who's very existence is questioned) and we never learn anything about him. He's mysterious, yes, but the thing about mysteries is they're very good when they've been solved. I think that's the worse part about him: He could've been very interesting.

What are your thoughts on all this?
Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief.

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Wobbu

Nature: Relaxed
I've always like the league rivals more than regular rivals. The fact that Harrison had a Blaziken during the Johto league was really cool, especially since this was Johto. I'm not a big fan of Richie but he seems to be a good friend of Ash and they definitely work well together. Morrison was a little goofy and childish but so is Ash. What I liked about Morrison was that he brought out Ash's inner passion for battling. Similar to Morrison, Virgil first appears a little before the league tournament starts. I wish we got to see more of him, especially in the dub since Japan got the special with Mewtwo. My least favorite of Ash's rivals is Cameron. Road to Humilau is one of my favorite episodes but Cameron is always forgetting about things and he doesn't know near enough about battling to have defeated Ash.

avatar soure | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here