The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
List of all known Mega evolutions:
Spoiler:

Now, for the questions at hand:

Are there any other pokémon you think should get Mega evolutions? What should they be like?

Are there any existing Mega evolutions you wish would have been done differently? If yes, how?
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
I think some fifth generation pokemon could have mega-evolutions ( since there aren't any who have them ) like Druddigon, Golurk, Haxorus... and I don't see why any other starter pokemon couldn't have a mega-evolution?

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:58 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Mightyena, Arbok, Sandslash, Raichu, Machamp, Golem, and Rapidash should've gotten Mega Evolutions too.

Mega Blaziken should've received a different ability than Speed Boost. Maybe something like Reckless or Flash Fire?

Mega Manectric should've received Strong Jaws, and a higher physical attack stat to abuse it.

Game Freak made a pretty bad decision to make Mega Abomasnow slower. Instead, they should've raised its Speed, or kept it as it was.

Tyranitar, Scizor, Garchomp, and the Lati@s didn't need Mega Evolutions. Mega Charizard Y was also kinda unnecessary.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old December 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Superfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 大輔 View Post
I think some fifth generation pokemon could have mega-evolutions ( since there aren't any who have them ) like Druddigon, Golurk, Haxorus... and I don't see why any other starter pokemon couldn't have a mega-evolution?
I agree with you here that they should include some fifth generation Pokémon, but I don't really agree with your choices. Druddidon, Golurk, and Haxorus are already big, hulking things and they kinda look "mega" already. Personally, I think Scrafty, Musharna, and Mienshao could use mega evolutions.

Additionally, I think that some sixth generation Pokémon should have had mega evolutions, like maybe Hawlucha and Heliolisk. It seems weird that, in the very generation that introduced the concept of Mega Evolution, none of the new Pokémon had Mega Evos.

On top of that, all the starters from each gen should be given Megas. Its like they're favoring some of the starters over others or saying that Charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur, and Blaziken are better than the rest. But, in my opinion, the whole appeal of the starters has been that they're on the same level.

My Friend Safari type is Flying, with Fearow and Swanna.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I'd really like to see a mega-evolution for Skarmory. Once it mega-evolves, perhaps it could have a skinnier body, bigger wings, wider eyes, and shorter legs. Stats-wise, I'd like its Defense and Special Defense to be sacrificed a bit to give boost to its Attack and Speed stats. This would make it a lot easier for us to utilize this as sweeper. Other than Skarmory, it would be nice if they'd given a mega form to Metagross, Jynx, and maybe even Breloom. Breloom is good enough as it is, but a mega-evolution could make it even better. Some people might think that it'd become slightly overpowered, but I disagree. d:
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Give me a Mega Butterfree and I'm a happy man. Stats wise, it isn't all that great as it is, but at least if it gained a mega evolution it'd be a much more viable option for people to use.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Azumarill, Pidgeot, Mega Eeveelutions, and the rest of the fully evolved starters (I mean, why bother making them for just 4 of the 18 available?).
Old December 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Flushed
down the drain.
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Disappointed with Mega Absol. Haven't tested it in battle, but the design isn't all that great imo.

I mentioned this in another thread, but Mega Gallade to go with Gardevoir would be cool.

I've also seen a design for a magma-looking Mega Golem which would be pretty awesome.
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Demon Wolf
American Wolf

Nature: Naughty
Mega dragonite, mega swampert, mega greninja, and mega typhlosion please the best megas if possible

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Nature: Quiet
I would have liked to see more mega forms of the other legendaries such as the weather trio, Lugia & Ho-Oh, the elemental bird and beast trios, and the creation trio to name a few.

Gotta love the high life.
Old December 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Banz

Are there any other pokémon you think should get Mega evolutions? What should they be like?
Starmie! I want a Mega Starmie!!
And since they have mega evolutions for some of the starters, they should have it for all of them.

Are there any existing Mega evolutions you wish would have been done differently? If yes, how?
Mega Gyarados should have been Water-Dragon (or Water-Flying) instead of Water-Dark. This new typing gives it unnecessary weaknesses to Fighting and Bug - types which it originally resists. Plus I prefer a normal Moxie Gyarados because after it gets a Dragon Dance it can sweep very easily and resists Fighting priority moves which Mega Gyarados is weak to.
And the Mega Charizards need better speeds. Despite all the improvements in stats they're difficult to use.
And some of the mega designs are ridiculous - Venusaur, Heracross, Tyranitar, Manectric.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here