The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 24th, 2014, 12:45 AM
wael96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
sizes are different for FR/LG and R/S/E

R/S/E: 128 x 256
FR/LG: 128 x 192
Well, but I guess there is only four blank palletes and does this mean hackers could only insert few things?
Old January 24th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by wael96 View Post
Well, but I guess there is only four blank palletes and does this mean hackers could only insert few things?
You can change any palette you want and change any tile set you want also. 😪
You get more space to work with for R/S/E but FR has more tools and resources so it's a take the good with the bad situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynBit View Post
Okay so dumb question here but Lets say i want to add new tiles never use the old one... Will I be able to use Palette 1 for all grass/Green Tiles and lets say I make palette 2 Brown tiles would that work out? Because I heard its dangerous for some reason lol
Yes you're allowed to change anything with the tile sets and palette just remember tileset 0 is a primary tile set and is used typically for every map as Tileset 1.
• Check out the Ruby rombase sound list I contributed by clicking here

Last edited by Le pug; January 24th, 2014 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 24th, 2014, 02:26 AM
bitelaserkhalif
BITE LASER wants to fight!

Ah,thank you for this tut.
Now I can stuff up with my Pokemon Ruby:Festa 2002 Demo Ressurection Hack.
I'm also want to make the quick sands tiles by my own.
EDIT:
I'm decided makin' house tile, but they are too small...
Well, I just need help for door tile size.

Last edited by bitelaserkhalif; January 24th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Noz...

Nature: Relaxed
One of the tiles im editing is wild grass, where do I change the wild grass animation if I need to at all? And great tutorial by the way.
Old January 24th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noz... View Post
One of the tiles im editing is wild grass, where do I change the wild grass animation if I need to at all? And great tutorial by the way.
if you check the behavior byte drop down list next to the palette list area, it has a bunch of animations the choose from including Grass Animation (02) and High Grass Animation (03), and Arrow Down under block (65). The background byte should always either be 00 (meaning if you put tiles in the block Down/Up area then when the player walks on that block, he will be on top of the bottom tiles but the Up tiles will be above him) or if you want the player to be on top of all the tiles, go to Block is covered by hero [20] which will make the player walk over both Bottom/Up tiles for that block.
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Noz...

Thank you that makes sense.
Old January 26th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Near~
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Hello once again(I know, am I bothering you?XD) Well I now know how to insert these tiles thanks to you but I am here to ask if I may post this thread in a different language because it can help some people out but of course I will link your PC page and the original post like PC,PORH,RHM, whichever you would like, and thats if you let me...
Old January 27th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynBit View Post
Hello once again(I know, am I bothering you?XD) Well I now know how to insert these tiles thanks to you but I am here to ask if I may post this thread in a different language because it can help some people out but of course I will link your PC page and the original post like PC,PORH,RHM, whichever you would like, and thats if you let me...
sure i don't mind but you might want to ask a moderator before you do that
Old January 27th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Near~
The End is Near...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Near~
Oh excuse my bad english but i ment can i post it in another forum? Which of course is in another language... I will be very sure to put as many links to you XD well hope to hear back soon it would help alot in the other forums ^___^
Old January 31st, 2014, 08:54 PM
The_Show
Banned

Nature: Sassy
When I opened the ROM, the palette was messed up. I figured out, that in BLOCK EDITOR once you've edited your palette, you need to go to "Palettes" and then click "Write palette changes to ROM". Once I did this, the colors worked great! This was a fantastic, uberly awesome tutorial and you did a great job :D

Old February 1st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Dark Sneasel
Big Daddy in the House!
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
How would one be able to edit Tileset 0 (FR) since there's no more space in it (transparent color) , and you can't enlarge it? (Look at the attachments (I had to change it to png to put it here))
Attached Images
File Type: png Tileset0 dafadfa.png‎ (13.8 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:16 PM
The_Show
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Surskit View Post
How would one be able to edit Tileset 0 (FR) since there's no more space in it (transparent color) , and you can't enlarge it? (Look at the attachments (I had to change it to png to put it here))
Since this tutorial is based off of Ruby, you may have better luck searching the Tutorial Forums for a FR based tutorial.
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Dark Sneasel
Big Daddy in the House!
Community Supporter

I know it's based on Ruby, but there can be things that apply to both ROMs..
Old February 1st, 2014, 04:09 PM
The_Show
Banned

Quote:
I know it's based on Ruby, but there can be things that apply to both ROMs..
Ah I see your problem. You more than likely saved "Tileset 1", when you should've save "Tileset 2". Make sure you expanded your blocks to 512 first. Now your Tileset 2 should have enough space.
Old February 1st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Dark Sneasel
Big Daddy in the House!
Community Supporter

I know that much, but I'm trying to edit Tileset 0 in FR which has the Pokemon Center, trees and other stuff and when you press enlarge it asks you if you want to enlarge the second tileset not the first you have..
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:18 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Show View Post
When I opened the ROM, the palette was messed up. I figured out, that in BLOCK EDITOR once you've edited your palette, you need to go to "Palettes" and then click "Write palette changes to ROM". Once I did this, the colors worked great! This was a fantastic, uberly awesome tutorial and you did a great job :D

glad I could help, I am pretty sure I mentioned the write palette changes to rom thing somewhere in the tutorial lol but anyways I'm glad it works enjoy it because it only making hacking that much more fun!

Quote:
I know that much, but I'm trying to edit Tileset 0 in FR which has the Pokemon Center, trees and other stuff and when you press enlarge it asks you if you want to enlarge the second tileset not the first you have..
explain this enlarge ... are you trying to double the viewing size in the block editor?

Last edited by Le pug; February 1st, 2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:48 AM
Dark Sneasel
Big Daddy in the House!
Community Supporter

No I just wanna edit FR's tileset 0 (with the grass, pkmn center, etc) but as you can see there's no space in it for me to edit and you can't make tileset 0 512 blocks
Old February 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
reshilegend
Let's find the key we've lost

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to reshilegend
Quote:
No I just wanna edit FR's tileset 0 (with the grass, pkmn center, etc) but as you can see there's no space in it for me to edit and you can't make tileset 0 512 blocks
I'm not sure what you mean, but maybe this will help:
Remove the default tiles that you don't need, and then replace them with your new ones. You can replace Pokemon Center for Pokemon Center, tree for tree etc. if you're afraid of doing something wrong, but if you're going for a complete new tileset, insert them so that you save the most possible amount of space. For example don't include tiles that you could recreate with the x/y flip in AM's block editor. (= mirrored tiles).

Also, the size of both tilesets (1 and 2) is always the same, you can only change the amount of Tileset 2's blocks in AM so that you can create different kinds of blocks (e.g. a tree with different path tiles under it).
Old February 10th, 2014, 06:24 AM
The Stalker

Nature: Lonely
I very much prefer your method of inserting. Thanks for sharing, mate
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Maglor

Finally, I actually made it. Thank you very much good sir, you have contributed much to my hacking.
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM
coca cola
Wanna be:D

I now understand this finally!! Always wanted to insert my own tiles and the youtube vids you search on the tube don't help you but if you go on pokecommunity you find a gem like this of the tube that tells you how to do it right I might start a really gd hack this summer thanks to this.

P.s. I hope your youtube vid gets more populer because it is the best! Oh and later on I think I heard some funny background noises in that vid haha
Old May 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coca cola View Post
I now understand this finally!! Always wanted to insert my own tiles and the youtube vids you search on the tube don't help you but if you go on pokecommunity you find a gem like this of the tube that tells you how to do it right I might start a really gd hack this summer thanks to this.

P.s. I hope your youtube vid gets more populer because it is the best! Oh and later on I think I heard some funny background noises in that vid haha
im glad you understand it now, i feel you on the youtube vid thing. Now that I'm more experienced I won't forget my roots of struggling just to insert stuff or script or whatever and I want to help others bypass all the bs times I spent looking to make it easier on myself.

I hope you make your hack, you'll have fun doing it and PM me if you need any help or advice.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
avaramoon
Mirage Of Tales

Nature: Brave
I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm very new to this!

Just wanted to ask, say I wanted to insert new water tiles. Would that corrupt the already-existing water animations/would I have to add new water animations? Just thinking that finding tiles to use sounds hard enough without having to find and insert corresponding animations too! =P

Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Le pug
la butt doit le sniff
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaramoon View Post
I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but I'm very new to this!

Just wanted to ask, say I wanted to insert new water tiles. Would that corrupt the already-existing water animations/would I have to add new water animations? Just thinking that finding tiles to use sounds hard enough without having to find and insert corresponding animations too! =P
You have to add new water animations
Old May 4th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Thanks i really understand how to do it now!

thanks to Saturnus for helping me with the sig

My hack

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links