The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2013 (02:11 AM).
ActionReplayer

Thanks Clay that's a better method. There's no problem with the Struggle thing though, because requiring a Normal-type move for evolution would be redundant, since Normal-type moves are almost omnipresent in movesets and if a pokémon were to evolve by knowing a Normal-type move it might as well evolve at level 2.
Old December 10th, 2013 (02:30 AM).
p.claydon

Old December 10th, 2013 (05:35 AM).
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.claydon View Post
only issue is if you want a pokemon to evolve if it has a normal type move as STRUGGLE also counts as normal so that condition is always true and not sure how to make it ignore STRUGGLE
probably because i didnt change evoparams the move type id is the numerical id of the move type and not its name but there you go
That's not an issue. No Pokémon can ever learn the move Struggle. Pokémon are forced to use Struggle if they can't use any other move, but they can't learn it.
Old December 10th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
p.claydon

yh but still seams to affect it (im guessing its that as normal type appears to be the only one that dont work)
Old December 10th, 2013 (09:35 AM).
Maruno

That's probably because blank moves (which are still instances of PBMove like regular moves) have a type of 0 or something (I'm not sure exactly what it's doing). You should only analyse moves whose ID is greater than 0 (i.e. actual moves).
Old December 12th, 2013 (06:01 PM).
LenSho

Nature: Modest
I wish I had more free time to help on this project. If it helps I could compile the new cries from Th3shark's thread in a folder with proper naming. Unless someone else is doing that already.

Also I have an idea for Inkay's evolution method:
- Reach level 30 while being in certain map. This map could be a special area like the Distortion World, or any environment where everything's upside-down. This is the closest thing I could think of to the real method. And I guess this would need to be a new method on its own, because it has to be specifically lvl 30.
Old December 13th, 2013 (10:09 AM).
p.claydon

i had made a method that allowed it to evolve at lvl 30 while holding an item (namely a mirror) guess inkay is the hardest
the pandas evo method was posted in an earlier thread so that can be done)
Old December 15th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Maruno, what you think about this project? If this is successful, do you port, at least partially, the features?
Old December 15th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
p.claydon

silly question but anyone got any ideas on how to add hoards and/or sky batles
Old December 15th, 2013 (10:42 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
silly question but anyone got any ideas on how to add hoards and/or sky batles
For hordes you need to do a huge edit in the battle system. For sky battles: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313944
Old December 15th, 2013 (11:22 AM).
ActionReplayer

Hey guys sorry for the absence lately, been really busy, and truth is I still am busy, only dropped here to say this. But don't worry, I'll go back to working on this as soon as possible.
Old December 17th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
p.claydon

vivillions forms depend upon the players physical location would this be possible in essentials (so if trade was possible you would need to trade with ppl all throughout the world eg japan, europe, america etc. to get each form)
Old December 17th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
AlexTCGPro

Nature: Timid
Quote:
vivillions forms depend upon the players physical location would this be possible in essentials (so if trade was possible you would need to trade with ppl all throughout the world eg japan, europe, america etc. to get each form)
Or maybe making its forms change according to a variable that chooses a random number at the start of the game.
Old December 17th, 2013 (04:37 PM). Edited December 17th, 2013 by reubenhare.
reubenhare

Hey,

EDIT: made this sound more concise

I just started trying to create more function codes for RPGmaker and was wondering if you would like to have me post them here for open use? Also I need someone to tell me how to include the new function codes as they do not add the desired effect when I add them to a move.

Thanks for your time, Reuben
Old December 17th, 2013 (07:41 PM).
WinterKirby

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenhare View Post
Hey,

EDIT: made this sound more concise

I just started trying to create more function codes for RPGmaker and was wondering if you would like to have me post them here for open use? Also I need someone to tell me how to include the new function codes as they do not add the desired effect when I add them to a move.

Thanks for your time, Reuben
If your effects aren't working, create a new thread about it and we'll help you there.

Old December 18th, 2013 (11:44 PM). Edited December 19th, 2013 by AmethystRain.
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Oh. Goodness, I haven't checked this forum in a while
But I have updated moves.txt and pokemon.txt (lacking alternate forms) in google docs. However, there may be some discrepancies between my pokemon.txt and what should be published for Essentials in an add-on because of some other changes I've made.

Shall I PM these documents understanding that they may require a little bit of editing?
Old December 19th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
p.claydon

might be good if you do edits can always be done
Old December 21st, 2013 (02:03 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Set this value into a variable. While undefined or 0, calls a method in certain points of the game that calls a url that displays lat/lon values (like http://api.hostip.info/rough.php?position=true). Define Vivillon form based on most near lat/lon positions. You can also set the form per country.
Old December 29th, 2013 (04:59 PM). Edited December 31st, 2013 by p.claydon.
p.claydon

the script file contains a fix for the max species name size and 2 evolution methods (HappinessMoveType for Sylveon (value 18 for FAIRY and TypeDark for pancham and the value should be 30 as that is the level he evolves at)

the pokemon.txt in pbs needs completing (added all pokemon but the data for most of them is genesects as standin data)
http://sdrv.ms/1bwzaSv
Old January 1st, 2014 (12:13 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
here is my gen 6 work so far
the script file contains a fix for the max species name size and 2 evolution methods (HappinessMoveType for Sylveon (value 18 for FAIRY and TypeDark for pancham and the value should be 30 as that is the level he evolves at)

the pokemon.txt in pbs needs completing (added all pokemon but the data for most of them is genesects as standin data)

HappinessMoveType have a priority over Espeon and Umbreon? Since these three are triggered by happiness, a priority (or even changing the evolutions order at PBS) is necessary.
Old January 1st, 2014 (03:12 PM).
p.claydon

i have no clue which has greater priority
Old January 1st, 2014 (05:10 PM).
Maruno

HappinessMoveType must have priority over the other Happiness methods, otherwise it'll never be picked.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (03:18 AM).
Chrisario
Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
here is my gen 6 work so far

When putted it in it shows this anoying error it looks like this
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 653, key WildItemRare

Compiler:1672:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1655:in `each_line'
Compiler:1655:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:1693:in `pbEachFileSection'
Compiler:2281:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2279:in `open'
Compiler:2279:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:3971:in `pbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4095
Old January 3rd, 2014 (08:43 PM).
Eichro

It struck me as a bit odd that the actual resources (sprites, cries, etc) of Gen VI Pokémon aren't mentioned on the main post... Are these already done?
Old January 4th, 2014 (06:29 AM).
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichro View Post
It struck me as a bit odd that the actual resources (sprites, cries, etc) of Gen VI Pokémon aren't mentioned on the main post... Are these already done?
They exist around the interenet, if you just do a search for them. They are all over deviantART as well as some in the resource section. There are no official ones, so I am assuming most agree that you should add the sprites in yourself, there are a handful of options to choose from for each sprite.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links