Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Bravely Default

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old December 7th, 2013 (05:34 PM). Edited December 7th, 2013 by bobandbill.
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly

Who here has picked up this game for the 3DS? Or will if you live in America?

For those not in the know, it's a square enix game in the style of the older Final Fantasy games. Released in Japan a while ago and now has a sequel announced, but we just got it (thankfully), or rather an updated version of it.

And if you haven't gotten it and are unsure, there's a demo on the eshop (at least for the Europeans). That lasts a good number of hours. No exaggeration.

So far it's pretty enjoyable. Picked it up yesterday Music is neat, and the dialogue is entertaining too. Ringabel is pretty darn amusing too, and some of the voice acting of the antagonists is well done. (F-f....FIRE!). And the gameplay is fun (haven't played much Funeral Final Fantasy before though, but this seems quite solid, and there's a lot on offer, including the ability to adjust difficulty/encounter rates on the go!)

Beat the 2nd dungeon and now had a full party of ProtagonistsTM.
Old December 7th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
Let the Good Times roll!

Nature: Relaxed
I'm so excited for this game but...

...I live in the US ;_;
Old December 7th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Cookies are a necessary evil.

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
I've considered getting a Euro 2DS just for this game so I can ease the waiting time. But it's alright, I'll wait.

...February 7th is so far away.

Either way, I've heard it's great, and it's a RPG, so you know, it has everything it needs to become part of my gaming lineup.

I might not be dead! I might be. I dunno. Nachos.
Old December 7th, 2013 (05:46 PM).
she's a killer
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Modest
It's a sad day in the NA region; it's coming out next year for us. ;~: But soo excited for this game asafka,jh.lnge..

The soundtrack in this game is absolutely amazing. <3

"Well, hotshot? Now what?"
moderator of TWL, Celebrations!, and The World of PokéCommunity
paired with Peitharchia
staff collab july 2015
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:07 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
Waaaaait a moment. You guys got a demo?? D:

But yeah, I plan to pick it up if I have the funds for it when it's released. Otherwise I'll have to wait even longer ;.;

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:36 PM).
ON VACATION: July 22 - July 29
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful
Bravely Default <3.

I've been eyeing this little gem since it was announced. So, I'm definitely picking it up first day when it comes out for NA, limited edition as well!

Old December 7th, 2013 (08:27 PM).
All your base are belong to us

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Mara
I want this game xD But I live in the US so I have to wait. It looks amazing o.o
Old December 7th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Quote originally posted by Barrage:
Bravely Default <3.

I've been eyeing this little gem since it was announced. So, I'm definitely picking it up first day when it comes out for NA, limited edition as well!
A word of note to you americans then - if you want the collector's edition, preorder! Because IDK how many of those you get over there, but we got a rather low number over here for Australia. Something like 20. (Similar deal for the preorder bonus for the 3DS LoZ game, actually. =/). So naturally it pretty much ran out straightaway!
Old December 7th, 2013 (11:14 PM).
PONPONPON
Crystal Tier

I checked the math, and I seem to be $3.20 short of being able to preorder the collector's edition =.="

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old December 7th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

Nature: Naive
There wasn't even a collector's edition in my country, but at least I got the game. I'm starting the game as I type this and the game has suggested that I register friends and enemies for this.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old December 7th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
There wasn't even a collector's edition in my country, but at least I got the game. I'm starting the game as I type this and the game has suggested that I register friends and enemies for this.
The game has those little messages (what appears is random) each time you start the game. That'll be for the streetpass feature, registering friends. It'll explain that later when it comes up, and was also in the demo in part. You can also link abilities with other people for your characters.
Old December 8th, 2013 (05:58 AM).

I got the game 2 days ago.I got the collector's edition!I was one of the few lucky people who got that edition because there were not many pieces available in my country!
So,after 9 hours of gameplay,i just finished the intro i feel very excited about it.The enviroment,music are fantastic.
ps:I don't have friends for the spesific game so,if anyone wants to be my 3DS friend you can pm me and i will add you asap!
Old December 9th, 2013 (07:58 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

^ You can update to get random people over the internet into your town, although it won't work for stuff like Abilink.

I'm halfway through chapter 1 now, I think (which only starts after a decent amount of gameplay, haha). I find it interesting that side quests serve as a way to get additional jobs here.

It may be because I opted to play on hard, but how is the recommended level of 10 for the basic Nemesis battle accurate? I could only beat it without relying on a bunch of Pheonix Downs after a couple goes to figure out the battle pattern and at around double the level. @_@ Oh well, yay for challenges I suppose...
Old December 9th, 2013 (08:02 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

I'm so very jealous of you guys that have it. Boo for being in the US! This is one of the games I'll be picking up right away once it's out here. I love the artwork and design of the game so much.
Old December 9th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
It may be because I opted to play on hard, but how is the recommended level of 10 for the basic Nemesis battle accurate? I could only beat it without relying on a bunch of Pheonix Downs after a couple goes to figure out the battle pattern and at around double the level. @_@ Oh well, yay for challenges I suppose...
I know what you mean since I died from auto battling it with a level 13 team, but then completely thrashed it before chapter 1 was over.

Speaking of the Nemesis battles, has anyone gotten anything besides Beelzebub? I got Asmodeus but he's like level 70 so I don't think I can beat him when I'm only in chapter 2.

Old December 10th, 2013 (03:37 AM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Speaking of the Nemesis battles, has anyone gotten anything besides Beelzebub? I got Asmodeus but he's like level 70 so I don't think I can beat him when I'm only in chapter 2.
Same here. Guess we'll have to wait for more to get sent that are between the level 10 and 70 ones... I'm right at the end of chapter 1 now, I feel.
Old December 11th, 2013 (02:42 AM).

I got Asmodeus too.Asmodeus is Level 70.Are they kidding us;How can i beat when i am only level 30;;
I just started chapter 3.
I have done all the side quests except one in chapter 2 because i don't know where to find it!!I know where it is at the map but i can't get in.

bobandbill that's why i said to trade Friend Codes..so,i can use Abilink!

One question:The thing that i don't understand is why should i rebuilt my town;;(Tiz Village; ) What will i gain from it;;
Old December 11th, 2013 (03:48 AM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
I got Asmodeus too.Asmodeus is Level 70.Are they kidding us;How can i beat when i am only level 30;;
Must be that people who have already beaten the game (i.e. Japanese players) are sending those nemesis bosses, given you can send your own.

Neat thing with Abilink is that you can link with in-game 'friendbots' too. I'm not too inclined to use other people stuff to make the game easier (e.g. the summon option) - there's a reason I went with Hard mode, haha.
Quote:
One question:The thing that i don't understand is why should i rebuilt my town;;(Tiz Village; ) What will i gain from it;;
A whole bunch of benefits. Firstly, at random you'll get free items from shops every now and again, but only stuff you've upgraded up to. And you can buy those items from the Traveller too, including the ones right before boss battles. Need a spare Ether? There's your way to get it without backtracking.

And furthermore, it's how you buy extra options/effects for special attacks, as well as additional special attacks.

Only in a bit of chapter 2. Got to Florem and that town theme. So nice to listen to... The townspeople however... Ringabel really does have a one track mind too. And the dialogue is kinda surprising at times, tbh. =p Just starting on the sidequests there before I continue with the main plot and find that Sage again. Oh boy...

Been making a bunch of Miiverse posts on the BD community too, haha. (As Me, because I like silly names). There's some nice posts there, including an AT take on Agnés' 'Unacceptable' line. :V
Old December 11th, 2013 (10:32 AM).

Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
Must be that people who have already beaten the game (i.e. Japanese players) are sending those nemesis bosses, given you can send your own.

:V
well,i have 4 Asmodeus..One from SQUARE and the other 3 from players..

and also thanks for your explanation about rebuilding Norende.
Old December 11th, 2013 (11:41 AM).

What do you mean by older FF games? Like the first few, or like VII?
Old December 11th, 2013 (02:13 PM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

Quote:
I have done all the side quests except one in chapter 2 because i don't know where to find it!!I know where it is at the map but i can't get in.
I know for the Red Mage one you have to enter the town at night for the event. That tripped me up for a while. Also the blue exclamation mark for the Summoner is a slight bit off.

Quote originally posted by Cassino:
What do you mean by older FF games? Like the first few, or like VII?
I'd say FFV would be the most similar to this.

Old December 12th, 2013 (03:48 AM). Edited December 15th, 2013 by MrShadow.

Quote originally posted by Wings Don't Cry:
I know for the Red Mage one you have to enter the town at night for the event. That tripped me up for a while. Also the blue exclamation mark for the Summoner is a slight bit off.
really;;Thanks for the info!I am gonna return back to Florem then and try again!
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:10 AM).

Does anyone know how many levels every job has;;
Old December 15th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Maybe she's born with it
Silver Tier

They go up to 14. Don't bother going past level 9 until like chapter 4 because the JP curve just suddenly spikes to ridiculous levels.

Old December 16th, 2013 (04:01 AM).

thanks for the info!
Basically i was wondering if it is necessary to train the characters using all the availabe jobs or just choose the "best"one for every character and train them until the end of the game;

Currently i am still at chapter 3 and i am leveling up my characters and testing which job is best for everyone..
So,until now i have all my characters at least with one job at level 10 and some others at levels 5-6. Am i doing it right or am i losing my time;;
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)