The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Decimosoma
Free to dream, free to smile

I actually had to double check the release dates between US and EU since it was a complete joke in my eyes, as if someone was drunk.

Never have brought a game before that's been released earlier than the US, so this came quite the surprise. This game feels more final fantasy than final fantasy itself, quite ironic, it's been a while since i actually played a FF game, i'm enjoying it so far.
Old December 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Apparently you americans will be getting the demo too. Enjoy the many hours of gameplay! (From the description it sounds like it's the same thing as the European demo, really.)

I'm at the end of chapter 3 now. Meanwhile, my friends and I figured out a major plot twist before we were really supposed to, and it's... pretty good. Just going to leave it there. Square Enix did good.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:55 AM
MrShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I'm at the end of chapter 3 now. Meanwhile, my friends and I figured out a major plot twist before we were really supposed to, and it's... pretty good. Just going to leave it there. Square Enix did good.
i am there too...What plot;;Did i miss something;;;
Old December 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
You'll have to wait a while longer actually (my friends have been playing more of the game, haha). But you can still figure things out, or stumble upon it, before you're 'supposed to', it seems.

Old December 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Quote:
You'll have to wait a while longer actually (my friends have been playing more of the game, haha). But you can still figure things out, or stumble upon it, before you're 'supposed to', it seems.
Spoiler:
You have been warned
Spoiler:
There's two endings, you can force your way through to a different ending if you figure out the plot twist before the characters find out themselves. If you figure out the plot first and beat that ending the game is nice enough to load you to the point before you figured it out after the credits so you can see both endings. Of course if you figure out too early then you'll be challenged by having limited equipment and experience.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old December 27th, 2013, 02:55 AM
MrShadow

After 42 hours of gameplay i just restored the the fourth crystal ( Earth crystal ) and i found the Vampire Palace which it wants 5 or 6 keystones to open.So,these keystones are on the blue chests which i can not open or somewhere else;;

Also,is there anything else to do before searching the world about the "Light";I don't know where it is because i changed the settings and i don't have marks in the map.. (that makes the game more interesting!! )
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:09 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
After 42 hours of gameplay i just restored the the fourth crystal ( Earth crystal ) and i found the Vampire Palace which it wants 5 or 6 keystones to open.So,these keystones are on the blue chests which i can not open or somewhere else;;
For the sake of spoilers even if it is minor:

Spoiler:
They aren't in blue chests, actually (that's a fair bit later). You get gemstones by beating up dragons (naturally). Interact with the white/gray towers in the overworld to start fighting them; there's six of them, one per region. E.g. iirc, one is west of Ancheim.

Also, that castle isn't easy to climb up, bunch of annoying enemies and a bit of walking around as well.

Old December 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM
MrShadow

Quote:
For the sake of spoilers even if it is minor:

Spoiler:
They aren't in blue chests, actually (that's a fair bit later). You get gemstones by beating up dragons (naturally). Interact with the white/gray towers in the overworld to start fighting them; there's six of them, one per region. E.g. iirc, one is west of Ancheim.

Also, that castle isn't easy to climb up, bunch of annoying enemies and a bit of walking around as well.
thanks for the hint!!!Let the fight begin then!!
Old December 28th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShadow View Post
thanks for the hint!!!Let the fight begin then!!
You might also want to go through your bestiary after you complete the Vampire castle because there's some useful stuff that's gone after you go to the light right until you reach the final chapter.

Spoiler:
Mostly White Wind, which is identical to the way it works in Final Fantasy

Old December 28th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm going to be getting it!! It looks really awesome. I'm okay with waiting though, because I got a lot of games for Christmas I can play in the meantime, haha. ♥

I'm especially excited because I've never played a Square Enix game before (gasp!) so here's my chance to get involved!!

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Bravely Default's Demo is hitting the NA Eshop today!
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/02...n-eshop-today/

Annd the full release is coming Feb 7! <3 I caaan't wait so I'm going to grab the demo right now. :3
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
On my way to nab the demo now! Definitely can't wait so this'll at least satisfy my urges to play for a while.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:27 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Well the game looks great so far, and the music is every thing I imagined! I'm just a taaad confused about the Jobs - which ones would be more ideal for which character? o: Because so far I put Tiz and Agnes as Knights and Ringabel is a Swordmaster and Edea is a Ninja~
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Arc
ded

Nature: Bashful
So far the demo is amazing. I was getting my ass handed to me since starting at level 1 is just brutal, and to top it all off I was on hard mode. That was a rough start. But once my guys started to gain levels (thank you Black Mage job!) it started to become much more manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura Blackquill View Post
Well the game looks great so far, and the music is every thing I imagined! I'm just a taaad confused about the Jobs - which ones would be more ideal for which character? o: Because so far I put Tiz and Agnes as Knights and Ringabel is a Swordmaster and Edea is a Ninja~
So from my understanding, each character obviously have their own specialization for stats. Tiz is your balanced all-around character, Agnes is the best magical candidate, Ringabel has the best agility and dexterity, and Edea is the best physical character.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 12:37 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it

Quote:
Honestly it really doesn't matter unless you really care about doing that extra 1% of damage. Just use whatever jobs you want or try to give them jobs that would benefit from abilities you already mastered.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Yeah, it doesn't matter so much for the demo (and I maxed each job, each character mastering a few each in the demo anyway (i.e. only to level 4 - in the actual game it goes up to 14) - just swap and change and get the general gist of what they do. Verdure has it right though on what tends to suit each character. In the actual game, you get jobs gradually as you go through the story and start off with the default one.

And yes, the demo starts hard. 'Oh hi start off with random encounters with snakes that can poison you yay'.

Old January 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Bravely Default's Demo is hitting the NA Eshop today!
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/02...n-eshop-today/

Annd the full release is coming Feb 7! <3 I caaan't wait so I'm going to grab the demo right now. :3

downloading now!

Thank you !
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:03 AM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I played the demo and thought it was boring. A lot of the game looked nice. I didn't connect much to the characters.

The Brave/Default system made more sense when I wandered into a Higher level dungeon and got my butt kicked. That was cool! Otherwise, you just Brave 16 attacks in a row, and then move on.

I used to play game like this exclusively. But this one didn't do much for me in the Demo.
Old January 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
I played the demo and thought it was boring. A lot of the game looked nice. I didn't connect much to the characters.
The demo doesn't give you much at all about the characters. They save any actual plot and characterisation/development for the game itself. Rest assured that's not an issue to worry about.

Old January 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I just played the demo for it and I love it, the music, the art and how battles look. I will probably buy it next.

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Helios93

Nature: Careful
It's been two days since it came out in E-Shop. How do you like the game so far? Overall, the gameplay mechanic is awesome. Although the brave and default mechanic is a little bit confusing for first timer and I do anticipate the release of the full version.

Pokemon Black 2
Gray:3440-4075-3353

3DS FC:4871-3854-5091
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:40 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

There's a thread already on BD including discussion on the demo. I'll just merge this thread of yours with that one.

Old January 6th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Helios93

Nature: Careful
I'm just wondering though, will the progress in the village (etc: shop level, road expansion) be transferred into the full version?

Pokemon Black 2
Gray:3440-4075-3353

3DS FC:4871-3854-5091
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:56 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

No, the village progress itself won't (although fully completing it in the demo, i.e. all shops up to level 4, gets you an item bonus for the actual game). The population you have in the village will pass over though.

For comparison, there's maybe 3 times the number of shops in the full game (or, well, imagine the rest of the map with shops), and they can go up to level 11.

Old January 6th, 2014, 05:10 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
By the way, guys, how do you feel about about the whole "Censorship in the West" debacle?

Sponsored Links