The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Kanto's Hero

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
FireRedImproved

Introduction
Hello and welcome to my first hack on PC, FireRedImproved (or FRI for short). My goal for this hack is to make FireRed what it should have been in the first place. I got the idea of this hack after stumbling on PokeMMO. If you haven't played this amazing work of art you really should. What it does is it takes FireRed and makes it online. Well after playing for a couple months I found a patch for it that turned its crappy Gen III graphics into HG/SS graphics. I was so in wow of this I wanted to use this for single player FireRed and sure enough it worked. Kind of. After asking the maker (Darkshade) if I could use this I decided to take it one step further and not only improve FireRed's graphics, but also its game play. Well enough of this boring introduction, lets get to the features shall we?

Before I begin I have to thank two very important people for letting me use their hack, Darkshade (mentioned above) and RichterSnipes, who let me use his FireRed throwback hack for this project.

Features Implemented:
Day and Night system
Run Indoors
Improved Graphics (Darkshade)
New sprites and OW sprites for player and rival (RichterSnipes)
Original Red and Blue music player (much like the GB sound player in HG/SS) (RichterSnipes)
Decapitalization (RichterSnipes)

Planned Features:
Catch all original 251 Pokemon
Some new End Game
Trade Pokemon evolve a different way
A new Boss to battle at the end of the game, like the Pokemon League World Champion (Maybe Red's father)
Meet characters such as Professor Elm and a younger Ethan (Gold for you original Gold/Silver fans)
*And if I complete everything else then I might add Pokemon that I felt should have been added to the games long ago, Delta Pokemon!*

Screenshots:
FRI pallet town.PNG

Pokemon FireRedImproved.png

Pokemon FireRedImproved Trees.PNG

Brock Town.PNG

GB sounds.PNG

Credits: Without these people I wouldn't have made this so here they are
GameFreak for FireRed version and all other Pokemon titles.
Darkshade for making this game look so pretty.
RichterSnipes for letting me use his hack and all his amazing features.
ChaosRush for making Pokemon DarkViolet, which inspired me to make this hack.
Teh Blazer for helping helping a moron (me) with a very simple issue.
My parents for raising me to be the nerd I am today.
If you feel you should have been added to the list please tell me and I will fix it.

Glitches
If you notice any problems please post it below and I will look into it.

Downloads:
Beta 0.5
http://www.mediafire.com/download/37...edImproved.ips

Last edited by Kanto's Hero; December 13th, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old December 12th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
This is a swell game, could I please use the tiles for my hack?

Science fiction (Ooh ooh ooh) double feature.
Doctor X (Ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature.
See androids fighting (Ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet.
Anne Francis stars in (Ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet.
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
At the late night, double feature, picture show.
Old December 13th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Nature: Relaxed
Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned it yet, but the tile glitches you notice on the Pallet houses are because in the tileset for that map the bottom 16(?) pixels are reserved for door animations and shouldn't be touched. You put your house tiles on top of it, so when the game has to load the door animations for opening and closing the door it overrides your house tiles causing them to look like that.

The fix is actually quite simple, all you gotta do is just move your house tiles in the tileset (when you click the puzzle shaped button in advance map, the box on the right that pops up) up 16 pixels so it doesn't interfere with the door animations and then change the tiles in-game to match the changes. :)
Old December 13th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Kanto's Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Kind of surprised that nobody mentioned it yet, but the tile glitches you notice on the Pallet houses are because in the tileset for that map the bottom 16(?) pixels are reserved for door animations and shouldn't be touched. You put your house tiles on top of it, so when the game has to load the door animations for opening and closing the door it overrides your house tiles causing them to look like that.

The fix is actually quite simple, all you gotta do is just move your house tiles in the tileset (when you click the puzzle shaped button in advance map, the box on the right that pops up) up 16 pixels so it doesn't interfere with the door animations and then change the tiles in-game to match the changes.
Thanks. Kind of new to hacking so thanks for the help.
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:22 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I've got a suggestion for this hack. You should update the movepools of the first 251 Pokemon to their B2/W2 standards.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Kanto's Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Luigi Fletcher View Post
This is a swell game, could I please use the tiles for my hack?
You would have to ask Darkshade from PokeMMO (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?...793-darkshade/) since he owns the tiles.
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:14 AM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Nature: Bold
The entire game is broken in Vermillion city. I can't enter the Pokemon Center, Mart, Diglett Cave, the rocks look terrifying, the doors all make the Pokemart sound. Did you happen to use Darkshade's ips patch? Because Pokemmo may run using FireRed, but it's very different in the way it works.
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shiny Ho-Oh View Post
The entire game is broken in Vermillion city. I can't enter the Pokemon Center, Mart, Diglett Cave, the rocks look terrifying, the doors all make the Pokemart sound. Did you happen to use Darkshade's ips patch? Because Pokemmo may run using FireRed, but it's very different in the way it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto's Hero View Post

Credits: Without these people I wouldn't have made this so here they are
GameFreak for FireRed version and all other Pokemon titles.
Darkshade for making this game look so pretty.
RichterSnipes for letting me use his hack and all his amazing features.
ChaosRush for making Pokemon DarkViolet, which inspired me to make this hack.
Teh Blazer for helping helping a moron (me) with a very simple issue.
My parents for raising me to be the nerd I am today.
If you feel you should have been added to the list please tell me and I will fix it.
Here's an answer to your question.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
Here's an answer to your question.
I know that, but if he simply ripped the sprites and applied them over a clean ROM, it wouldn't have been broken.
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Soldier Randy

OMG!!! This looks amazing.... Literally it's my dream come true.

Up till now I've seen a 386 patch for FR (UltraViolet) and a kind of remake (DarkViolet), both of them amazing but always missing that feature that I wanted in a Kanto game, wich was the Day & Night System.

It says Beta 0.5 in the download link, so I wanna know up how far can you get in the game or when a complete version will be available?
My blog: "You know... that guy". Why don't you take a look at it? Just started it and if you have suggestion for any subject for me to write about I will gladly considerate it and give my thoughts on it!

yknowdatguy.blogspot.com
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Randy View Post
OMG!!! This looks amazing.... Literally it's my dream come true.

Up till now I've seen a 386 patch for FR (UltraViolet) and a kind of remake (DarkViolet), both of them amazing but always missing that feature that I wanted in a Kanto game, wich was the Day & Night System.

It says Beta 0.5 in the download link, so I wanna know up how far can you get in the game or when a complete version will be available?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=204047

You can implement day and night into any rom.
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Soldier Randy

Ok...

But I'm no hacker, I don't own a computer, and what I need is an IPS/ UPS patch.

And that's exactly what this hack is: a FR patch with day & night system.
My blog: "You know... that guy". Why don't you take a look at it? Just started it and if you have suggestion for any subject for me to write about I will gladly considerate it and give my thoughts on it!

yknowdatguy.blogspot.com
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
The Shiny Ho-Oh
Golden Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Randy View Post
Ok...

But I'm no hacker, I don't own a computer, and what I need is an IPS/ UPS patch.

And that's exactly what this hack is: a FR patch with day & night system.
When I finish making my "Perfect Fire Red", I'll send you an IPS patch. This, as it stands, is rather broken.
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Soldier Randy

Well thanks a lot!!!

I'll be waiting for it!!! This one is not completed yet so I won't play it anymore a I found some glitches, too bad

yknowdatguy.blogspot.com
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM
ChinpoiMao

The Link is Down Anyone Still Got The Patch?
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Christos
Project Shinx

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to Christos
Seeing as this thread has been inactive for more than 4 months and the creator hasn't been around since January, I'm going to close this.

Thread closed.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here