Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old March 25th, 2014 (02:42 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. :( I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old March 25th, 2014 (02:56 PM).

Quote originally posted by Jak:
I need five more Blue Shards to teach Serperior Aqua Tail. Locations pleeeease. I have only one right now. idk where I got it. I just got to Lentimas Town.
There's basically 2 options for farming shards:

1) Buy a crapload of repels, and bike around inside Reversal Mountain (using repels). You see a dust cloud, run into it and hope for a shard and not an Excadrill.

2) Do the Funfest missions that have you hunt for shards. Whether or not you complete the mission or fail, you get to keep the shards you found. The colors of each pickup varies, but at least you can do the missions as much as you like.
Old March 29th, 2014 (08:42 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

Thanks!
Old March 29th, 2014 (09:05 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by victreeplume:
Guys I'm having trouble deciding on my team.

I just got to Mistralton City and I'm currently riding with Sawk, Joltik, Herdier, Unfezant, Munna and Tirtouga; however, I'm not sure I really like it. The only two I 100% want are (in he end) a Stoutland and a Galvantula.

What do you guys think? I feel like I want to pick up a Mandibuzz. But I'm pretty stuck to be honest!

Thanks!
Mandibuzz is a more defensive Pokemon, with very weak attacking stats. I don't really recommend it unless if you're more of the defensive style player, but also given I'm assuming you're playing the original Black/White games it also doesn't evolve until Level 54, which means you'll already be fighting the Elite Four by then and they use stuff around the mid-late 40's and once you defeat them you'll have to catch Reshiram/Zekrom (based on version) and then fight N and Ghetsis, who use very strong teams. Trust me, it's not really worth using Mandibuzz in B/W due to the reasons I mentioned.

Still, I think your team looks fine. You do need a Moon Stone to evolve your Munna though.
Old March 29th, 2014 (09:09 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Yeah I am on Black Version, sorry, I should have mentioned.

I think I just liked the look of Mandibuzz visually but your reasoning matches how I normally play so Mandibuzz is out. Thanks!
Old April 17th, 2014 (03:26 PM).
You know you like it, but it drives you insane.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?
Old April 17th, 2014 (03:31 PM).

Quote originally posted by Crackle:
I was just googling stuff and came across something on Gamefaqs, which led me to this thread. The one person who replied said that once the Wi-Fi shutdown happens next month, they said that not only will you not be able to get new visitors to Join Avenue, but you also won't be able to do Funfest Missions OR the Yancy/Curtis sidequest.

In my Wedlocke challenge that i'm doing on my secondary White 2, which is on my capture modded 3DS that hasn't connected to Wi-Fi once since I started playing it, i've had new visitors in Join Avenue on a decent basis (even though I only have a few shops). Is the Wi-Fi needed for anything for these three tasks that I mentioned? Will the shutdown affect any of them?
That's all actually not true. The game supplies you with AI visitors in case you don't have Wifi. It's just that once the Wifi shutdown happens, you'll get visitors at a much slower rate because you aren't interacting with any real people. You also don't need Wifi for FunFest missions. I've done those by myself, so Wifi isn't needed. You only need Wifi to do them with other people. And the whole Yancy/Curtis thing is completely unrelated to Wifi, so IDK why they said that. You'll still be able to do stuff with her/him.

So there's nothing to worry about.
Old April 22nd, 2014 (08:24 AM).

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old April 22nd, 2014 (12:17 PM).
Spheal Hacking Administrator

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by atomtanned:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it does pertain to Gen V games, so...

Does anyone know if the AR Powersave device would allow me to insert PKM files into a Gen V save file? I wanted to use Pokecheck to get some of the event Pokemon I missed, but am afraid I won't have time to do it before the GTS gets shut down. If I can just save the PKM files to my computer and use Powersave to add them later, that would be awesome.
I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old April 22nd, 2014 (01:15 PM).

Quote originally posted by Keiran:
I don't believe that the Powersave device for the 3DS works for DS games (including Gen V games) at all, so my answer would be no. A save dongle made for DS games would allow you to do this, though.
Cool, thanks so much for the help!

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old April 22nd, 2014 (09:54 PM).
is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.
Old April 22nd, 2014 (11:47 PM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Shrew:
In the Dream Radar, I heard that you can get Slowpoke, Hoothoot, and Beldum through special codes. Are these one-time only or will using the code let me get them multiple times? Detail how it all works.
You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.
Old April 23rd, 2014 (01:08 AM).
is a Shrew

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by MIAU:
You can use the codes as many times as you like. You need to be in the "Research lab" menu and enter the special key presses. The professor will show up and say she found a new extension while playing with magnets (Beldum), watching a calm shore (Slowpoke) or researching the planet's rotation (Hoothoot), and you can enter the new area immediately. You can only get one Pokemon in that area.
So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?
Old April 23rd, 2014 (02:57 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Shrew:
So you can use the code as many times as you like, but only get one pokemon in the area... so does this mean that out of the dream clouds, only 1 contains a pokemon and the rest have orbs? What % chance is there that it contains Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot? What if you enter the Extension course while there's only 1 cloud?
When you first enter the area, all the clouds are storm clouds, and the first you hit will have the Beldum/Slowpoke/Hoothoot. After you capture the Pokemon, the rest of the clouds will then have orbs. If you enter the extension with only one cloud, then that cloud will contain the Pokemon.
Old April 25th, 2014 (11:50 AM).

i am trying to figure out if a run through of black 2 is worth it or not

legendaries like cobalion are obvious. and soft resetting for the right nature could pay off very well

anyone have a list?
Old April 25th, 2014 (12:19 PM).
Crystal Tier

This should be in the Quick Questions thread, but anyway, i'm guessing you're looking for a list of Pokémon you can't obtain in XY, in which case Serebii has that: http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml It's important to keep this stuff in mind what with the Wi-fi shutdown soon.
Old May 7th, 2014 (08:54 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
This is not the In-Game Team Help section. That exists elsewhere.
Old May 16th, 2014 (06:38 PM).

Nature: Bold
I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?

hmm.. what to do today... pokemon...digimon...my own characters... hmmm...
Old May 16th, 2014 (06:41 PM).
You Crystal Clods!
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by D-poke:
I want to explore Undella before I finish Reversal Mountain. But when I try to go back, Bianca won't team up with me again. What do I do?
Bianca will only team up with you on your first travel through Reversal Mountain. After you finish that, she won't be back there.
Old May 18th, 2014 (01:50 PM).
Crystal Tier

So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)
Old May 18th, 2014 (01:58 PM).

So I was just battling a Veteran in Victory Road, and her Starmie used Psyshock on my Serperior while I had Reflect up. That brings me to this question: I know that Psyshock (and Psystrike and Secret Sword for that matter) targets the Defense stat, but when you have Reflect up, does that reduce the damage from it? Or is it Light Screen that weakens it? (She did 55 damage to me and was Level 58, and I was Level 61, should that mean anything.)
Can be self tested in DOUBLE GRASS due to hitting yourself. Serperior gets both Reflect and L-Screen and much Psychics get Psyshock. Target Serperior. Hope its with you to not die.

Great question! Hope to read the results
Old May 18th, 2014 (02:29 PM).

Light Screen is what affects the damage, despite it targeting Defense instead of Sp.Defense.

With Reflect up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 181-214 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 24.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With Light Screen up: 252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow through Light Screen: 90-107 (23.4 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO
Old May 19th, 2014 (05:25 PM).

Nature: Modest
Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?
Old May 19th, 2014 (05:52 PM).
The Red Death Alchemist

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by BLAZIKONG^^:
Where do you catch Keldeo? I've heard its on the dragonspiral tower after you have the national pokedex, but is that just a rumor?
Keldeo is an event-only Pokemon... I believe it's only distribution was for the first BW

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter || deviantART Youtube
Potato Buddy

Old May 19th, 2014 (05:53 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by BLAZIKONG^^:
Keldeo is an event-only Pokemon, so what you heard is simply a rumor.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)