Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Reload this Page Anime vs Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Old December 14th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Nature: Naive
If you would choose between the pokémon anime or the pokémon games, what would you choose? In other words: which do you like best? Do you really play the games much, or do you prefer watching the anime?

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old December 14th, 2013 (03:42 PM).
Pure Epicness.

Nature: Adamant
It depends.
When the Pokemon anime came out,it was cool.
But after Diamond and Pearl in the anime ended,it got a little...bland.
So right now,I prefer the games.
But years ago,I preferred the anime.
Old December 14th, 2013 (09:11 PM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

The anime's great, and I'm a huge fan of it. Unfortunately, though, it could start getting a little boring after watching two - three episodes of it in a row. Plus, I don't really have time nowadays to keep up with it. I know that I can watch episodes at any time on their official website, but they always don't upload ones that are latest. As for the games, that's different. Unlike the anime, I could play them for hours and not get bored—even a little. So, for now, I'd have to say that I like the games better. ^^"
Old December 15th, 2013 (12:59 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

I prefer the games over the anime. In the games, you can make your own team, with Pokemon of your own liking. In the anime, you have to put up with Ash and his Pokemon.

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old December 15th, 2013 (01:26 AM).
Oro

Nature: Relaxed
This is not an easy choice... I've spent more time playing the games but I only play through a game once every few months, whereas I watch an episode or two of the anime almost every day. I guess my choice would be the anime. Unlike the games, with a new game being released once or twice a year, the anime has a new dub every Saturday (except right now, between BW and XY). I've also been really interested with how the anime changes every now and then.

Wobbuffet in the anime > Wobbuffet in the games.
Old December 15th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
The Rabbit Pokemon
CS

Nature: Modest
This is an easy choice for me! I'd definitely pick the games. In my opinion, the games are the highlight of the entire franchise because they give you the closest experience to actually being a Pokemon trainer and isn't that what we are all after? ;) Sure the anime is astounding, but after a while just sitting and watching episode after episode will eventually get boring. The games never seem to get old and offer a new fresh experience each and every time!

Showdown | The Treehouse | AMA
[22:04] +shaymin: so i tried to do my best morgan freeman impression and i kinda scared myself
Old December 16th, 2013 (12:20 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Hard to say... while anime brings me enjoyment once a week but every week, games bring enjoyment everyday but only for few weeks until I finish them...
So probably anime...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 16th, 2013 (01:55 AM).
Let the legend begin.
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
While it was originally the anime (and the TCG) that hooked me on the franchise, it's mostly the games that I'm attached to at this point.

To be quite honest, I could probably count on one hand how many episodes of Pokemon I've watched since TPCi took over the dub (not that those two things are related- I stopped watching just prior to that). As for the games though, I've pretty up to date with them over the past few years, and I'd be much more disappointed about missing out on a new game than a new season of the Pokemon anime.
Old December 22nd, 2013 (03:29 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I literally never watch the show. For me, it's all about the games.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:51 PM).
give me the words
CS

Nature: Mild
The games hands down. They're just simply more immersive, not to mention in comparison to the terrible anime, they come out on top.
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:56 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

Nature: Brave
I was pretty big on the Anime, but as I grew up, I began to hate Ash's personality so much. So I tend to rely on the games a lot. The games show a lot more information and show so much plot, rather than the anime. The anime tends to show very little about said location or characters.
Old January 7th, 2014 (04:15 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
It's not a question about anime being lame. X&Y anime is particularly interesting and >>> B/W anime. But games. They're so interesting as they engage you through your own journey and let you make your own choices. In my opinion that's better than seeing someone else do them, because you'd think, 'If I were him, I would/wouldn't have done that.' or variations. At times you'd disagree with the protagonist's (here, Ash's) views but you won't question yourself. No matter how sugar-coated the games are, the anime will always seem to be very limiting. The games also come in variety, and there's a lot of games to choose from, three starters to play your game three times with. An endless journey if you catch my drift. Finally, the game allows you to journey with Pokémon. Though the character may not look like you, it is essentially you who's controlling him. You get to bond with Pokémon, to understand and battle with them. The anime is like watching a third person.
Old January 7th, 2014 (04:51 AM).
CS

Nature: Jolly
Both the anime and the games have their disadvantages, such as being able to dodge in battles at the trainer's commands, whereas in the games, dodging is completely random. But I'm going to have to go with the games, really. The games are what set the franchise up, and the anime is only derived from the games. The games are also more detailed and whatnot, such as methods when it comes to training and breeding, unlike the anime, where we cannot tell which level a Pokémon is, and etc..

Garnet is my birthstone, after all.
moderator of computers & technology
Old January 18th, 2014 (09:09 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
I love both but in different ways. The games are great for collecting my favorite cute monsters and killing time but the anime is fun to watch for comedy and to see all the Pokemon I love animated.

So I probably can't pick, though if forced, I'd say the games win by a small margin.
Old February 4th, 2014 (11:32 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
The games. Imo the games are what make the anime so popular for people of all ages. If the games didn't exist then I believe mostly younger kids would watch the anime instead of the wide spectrum of fans that do. I love both, but the games are my favorite.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old February 7th, 2014 (07:03 PM).

Nature: Gentle
I don't watch the show anymore so for me it's all about the games.
Old February 7th, 2014 (07:14 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
The games. I find the Pokemon anime series to be lacking and bland lately \: They just aren't the same as they used to be.

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements
Old February 7th, 2014 (11:41 PM).
Willpower

Nature: Quiet
I prefer the games, I play them much longer than I watch the anime.
If the anime was more like Pokemon Origins then, it might be a different story haha...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links