The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
That's a good topic, imo.

So, yeah: best lead for each series?

(I'll make a poll later, I'm exhausted.)
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Nature: Brave
My favorite lead is Yugi, because I have really fond memories watching the original series and his hair is boom.

PairMy Let's PlayTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:10 PM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
best lead for each series?

DM - Can't go wrong with Yugi, the original King of Games who got people into the series in the first place.
GX - Didn't like Jaden, he got a bit annoying and angsty in seasons 3 and 4. Zane and Aster were cool anti-heroes though, and Jesse and his Crystal Beasts were cool too.
5D's - Yusei is a silent, stoic badass. Jack and Aki were good too, but I was never a big fan of Crow.

Haven't watched much of Zexal so I can't really say. :3

Old December 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Let's see:

Original: Well, Yugi is top dog, mmmm. Without him, the series wouldn't even be a series. (Lmao).
GX: Jaden is not a good lead character, tbh. I read a chapter book where he traded Syrus's bed for a card. Bad leadership right there.
5Ds: Yusei, omg. That man. He is such a strong character, and one of my favorite leads in Yu-Gi-Oh. I love his hair.
Zexal: Yuma is annoying, that's all I'm going to say.

I'm torn between Yugi and Yusei--both are great leads.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old December 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Username: Germaniac
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Jounouchi Katsuya (or Joey Wheeler in english, hated the dub)
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters (Original)

Anyone else liked the DDM (Dungeon Dice Monsters)? It deserves more love, by the way I've always hoped they would make a series which takes place in the Spirit World with the monsters as its characters of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post
Spoiler:

^ If that's boring hair, I'm not sure I wanna know what interesting hair is.

So here's a question - has anyone around here ever seen season 0 of the original anime? I've heard mixed things about it and I'm a sucker for the original anime series - is season 0 worth watching?
To be honest I also hated his hair in the first 3 seasons, but when I saw him in the season 4, omg he's hot now :o
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:38 AM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Welcome Germaniac! Yeah the first 3 season's his hair was pretty tame.

Old December 29th, 2013, 09:01 AM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Nature: Quiet
Username: LilJz
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi & Joey
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel City & Battle Kingdom

I love Yugioh, I still play the card game and I watch the series on and off. I currently run numerous decks; Rock Guardian, Harpie, Photon Galaxy, Empty Jar, Naturia Burn, Machina Vehicroid & Dark Magician deck
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

DARK MAGICIAN. <333 Welcome LilJZ~. Want to make a topic? You can if you want. :3

Old December 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Welcome LilJZ! How about favorite card?

Old December 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Favorite card? I'd say Dice Jar

It's a VERY risky card but if you can be extremely lucky and roll a 6, you deal 6000 damage to your opponent
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz View Post
Favorite card? I'd say Dice Jar

It's a VERY risky card but if you can be extremely lucky and roll a 6, you deal 6000 damage to your opponent
No wonder Joey is your fav then , err, Oxidation, you forgot to list me
EDIT: Guys, search for Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Androdisc, one day dueling might be a reality! (Google Glass D-Gazer anyone? :D)

Last edited by Germaniac; December 30th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

My favorite card? Uh...

Fairy Injection Lily. ^^ It's a pretty life point pricey though, goodness. I think it costs about 3,000 Life Points to play or something? I forgot. xD

Old December 30th, 2013, 06:17 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Oof, 3000 gee that's a lot! Mine would be Nightmare Penguin because of it's effect and it has good defense and I don't need to sacrifice two monsters to summon it.

Old December 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidation View Post
My favorite card? Uh...

Fairy Injection Lily. It's a pretty life point pricey though, goodness. I think it costs about 3,000 Life Points to play or something? I forgot. xD
VERY good card

You pay 3000 life point for it to gain 2000 attack during the damage step. Add that with Honest and you got a beatstick right there
Old January 1st, 2014, 02:22 AM
Germaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
No wonder Joey is your fav then , err, Oxidation, you forgot to list me
EDIT: Guys, search for Yu-Gi-Oh! Dueling Androdisc, one day dueling might be a reality! (Google Glass D-Gazer anyone? :D)
I feel pretty ignored :'(, btw guys, which is your fav duel from the anime? Mine has to be Yugi vs Strings

EDIT: my fav card has to be DMG xD, about effect, it has to be this:

Last edited by Germaniac; January 1st, 2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old January 1st, 2014, 03:32 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Lonefire Blossom's always been my favourite, so useful in a plant deck for bringing out Gigaplant, Tytannial, Dandylion, or whatever else.

Spoiler:

Old January 1st, 2014, 06:21 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Username: AlexOzzyCake
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: I guess Mokuba? :D
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Not watched it!

I love the card game and I've been playing it for ages but I've never watched the anime outside of YGO Abridged so I'm a bit lost on those discussions sorry! Was hesitant to join because the club mostly seems to be about the anime but if anyone wants to discuss cards then I'm more than willing. :D

@Diablerie, Lonefire Blossom is such a cool card, I really love it. Have you heard of the new Sylvan/Shinra monsters that've just been released? Lonefire works incredibly well with them; if you like FIRE Plants then I suggest trying out this new archetype. Let me know how you get on if you do, I'd love to test them with you if you'd like!

My favourite card? I have a couple Like Rodenut, Gladiator Beast Bestiari, Snow Dragon, Des Frog, Hazy Flame Peryton, etc, but I guess my overall favourite has to be Batteryman AA.

Spoiler:

Batteryman are a real favourite deck of mine despite their outdatedness and Batteryman AA is the perfect example of their strategy. They have a lot of fun cards like Batteryman Charger to spam the field and Short Circuit to clear it completely, but Batteryman AA is how they take advantage of these cards to quickly swarm three 3000 ATK beatsticks, easily combined with Solidarity or United We Stand to reach ridiculous levels. Once Short Circuit clears the field and you have these brutes in play, that's an easy win right there.

So yeah, sorry if the club's not really focussed much on card discussion over the anime but more than happy to talk about it with anyone that wants to. :)
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:52 AM
François
Earth! Wind! Fire! Water!

Nature: Serious
Username: François
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Mai Valentine
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Original

I only watched the first two series of YGO (I caught brief bits of 5Ds, no Zexal) but I'm still a huge fan of it as a whole. As a kid I collected lots of cards and while I fell out of it until quite recently, I now play lots My favourite deck is (thanks to Mai Valentine), Harpies, and my favourite card is probably Harpie Lady for starting the whole deck. Harpies got lots of cool cards lately including stuff like Harpie's Pet Phantasmal Dragon and Hysteric Sign so they're lots of fun to play. I also play a Gishki ritual deck and a Mermail/Atlantean deck (which has very pretty art). All I will say is that card design has come on a long way from the days of Summoned Skull being boss, but I find it more fun now!

As regards what I think Arc V will be like, it's really impossible to tell but seeing as they're still shoving Xyz monsters down our throat, I don't imagine they'll introduce a new card type. Mostly I just don't want it to be lots of ridiculous space stuff that ignores every card type except the newest one but I probably won't watch anyway so it's not that important to me. From what I gather Zexal was very poorly made so hopefully they improve on that.

Old January 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Slaying Moon

Username: Slaying Moon
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Either Blair or Alexis
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: GX

I'm actually running a Spellcaster-themed deck at the moment, however I haven't tested it yet.

Currently breeding: Illusions.
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:18 PM
LilJz
Legendary lovers♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I feel pretty ignored :'(, btw guys, which is your fav duel from the anime? Mine has to be Yugi vs Strings

EDIT: my fav card has to be DMG xD, about effect, it has to be this:
My favorite duels? I'd say a looot of duels in Duel City was very good
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:52 PM
«Chuckles»
KANEDA!

Yeah Duel City did have the best duels maybe because it's called Duel City I don't know?!

Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
Duel City was one part I actually did watch! That was a really cool arc, especially due to the involvement of the Egyptian God Cards. Some of the decks and cards used in Duel City were really interesting to watch and a lot of the old favourites made great comebacks. I reckon my favourite duel was the famous Joey vs. Yugi fight whilst Joey was possessed by Marik, especially given how interesting the match-draw situation became, but there were a lot of great duels on the whole. And let's not forget Mai's Harpies ♥
Old January 5th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Bleeding sure is lovely.

Welcome, Alex. =D Anyway, I have watched a ton of duelist kingdom and battle city, Battle City was my favorite arc for some reason. It was really annoying at points in the manga, though. Especially during the time when Marik controlled Jonouchi (Joey) and had them fight to the death. That was nerve wrecking for me to read.

Old January 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Frokage
The legendary curse

Nature: Calm
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi Muto, ofcourse!
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Yu-Gi-Oh season Zero

I'll be honest, I never continued watching the series after the Kaiba Corp tournament with Marik and everything, but I'm still an avid player of the card game along with my best friend. We often participate in local tournaments and even entered the national championship last year. We have fairly strong decks and it would be really neat to join this club to discuss along with other people about the card game events or topics that are going on.

Looking for Pokébank legendaries! Hit me up!
Old January 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM
mrakaflame
Wise Pokemon Legend

Nature: Gentle
Username: mrakaflame
Favourite yugioh character: Kaiba
Favorite season: 5D's

Sooo, quite the enthusiasts here i take it?

Sponsored Links