Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page I sacrifice two monsters and summon...the Yu-Gi-Oh club!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 5th, 2014 (03:51 PM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Welcome you two. ^^ Hmm, I've heard about the rl tournaments. The prizes in some of them are pretty rare cards. xD If I was more into the cards, I'd try the card tournies.
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 5th, 2014 (04:17 PM).
The legendary curse

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Oxidation:
Welcome you two. Hmm, I've heard about the rl tournaments. The prizes in some of them are pretty rare cards. xD If I was more into the cards, I'd try the card tournies.
Yeah, I got some pre-release Shadow Specter booster packs from a local tourney a while back, so that's quite awesome if you're into the actual game.

Looking for Pokébank legendaries! Hit me up!
Old January 6th, 2014 (10:32 AM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Frokage:
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Yugi Muto, ofcourse!
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Yu-Gi-Oh season Zero

I'll be honest, I never continued watching the series after the Kaiba Corp tournament with Marik and everything, but I'm still an avid player of the card game along with my best friend. We often participate in local tournaments and even entered the national championship last year. We have fairly strong decks and it would be really neat to join this club to discuss along with other people about the card game events or topics that are going on. :)
Oo, what decks do you use? My favourite are Batteryman, Frogs, and the new Bujins - the former two aren't necessarily very strong but they're a lot of fun to use haha. I also love Hazy Flame, Gladiator Beasts; basically anything other than the stupidly over-powered decks. I'd love to hear more about what you use, especially if you enter tournaments with them!
Old January 6th, 2014 (10:38 AM).
The legendary curse

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Squirrel:
Oo, what decks do you use? My favourite are Batteryman, Frogs, and the new Bujins - the former two aren't necessarily very strong but they're a lot of fun to use haha. I also love Hazy Flame, Gladiator Beasts; basically anything other than the stupidly over-powered decks. I'd love to hear more about what you use, especially if you enter tournaments with them!
Well, my friend's main deck is very stereotypically overpowered and is a Pyro deck. Managed to deal 3k direct hits in his first turn if lucky. Haha, but his other decks are a Dinosaur deck and a Chronomally deck which are a bit more balanced out and perform on par with some OP custom decks. As for myself, I have a fun Six Samurai deck that I use in local tourneys for the heck of it, as it's loads of fun to play with! :D My main deck is a Psychic deck, though. Requires a lot of LP offerings but manages to turn the tides at the right time, every time! And my last deck is a D.D. deck that I put together by using cards from Yugi's World 4, I believe.. (Can't remember) Highly efficiënt against most things, but tends to bite its own tail from time to time, especially with my gravity orb.

Looking for Pokébank legendaries! Hit me up!
Old January 9th, 2014 (01:37 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Woh 3K in his first turn, I would hate to go up against him.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old January 11th, 2014 (08:33 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Hey, guys! Here's the Yu-gi-Oh Arc V pv:

Sorry if it's not in high quality, couldn't find an HQ one.

Thoughts~?
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 12th, 2014 (05:55 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
Oh my god magic I calledit. That pink hippo better not become the next kuriboh fml. I soaked my tumblr with gifs of kaiba cause he has money and can screw the rules. I look orward to arc-v I might watch zexal soon but it looks like saint Seiya with cards.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old February 10th, 2014 (10:44 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

No. I won't let this club die.

I haven't heard much more about Yu-gi-oh Arc V. So let's continue. I want to talk about the old Yu-gi-oh: what did you think of the ending of the very first Yu-gi-oh? (You know-- Pharaoh vs Yugi?)

Old February 14th, 2014 (10:10 PM).
& having to receive it
Battle Server
CS

Username: Nymphadora.
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Kaiba Seto.
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Original.

What did you think of the ending of the very first Yu-Gi-Oh?
I don't exactly remember what happened, but I do recall Pharaoh did losing the duel against Yugi (didn't he?), and he was forced to go into this mystical gate and leave forever—that part was very emotional for me. It almost had me crying, to be honest. ):
Old February 15th, 2014 (08:00 AM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
So I've just been working on a new deck focussing on a OTK loop with Quillbolt Hedgehog, Imperial Iron Wall and Cannon Soldier (/Catapult Turtle). The loop uses Quillbolt Hedgehog's effect from the grave with a tuner on the field to revive himself, then using Cannon Soldier (or Catapult Turtle) to tribute him for LP damage - Imperial Iron Wall then stops Quillbolt Hedgehog's "banish when leaves the field" effect from taking place, sending Quillbolt back to the grave and ready to use his ability again. The main focusses are therefore draw power and discard power with decent recovery to set up the loop. Here's the composition, let me know if you don't recognise any of the cards and I'll post what they are:

Spoiler:

So I guess I have three questions:
  1. What do you think of the deck/idea?
  2. What would you change to make it work better?
  3. What would you include for a side deck?
I'm aware it's far from perfect right now but I thought it'd be fun to work on as a project with other people rather than just myself, so let me know if you have any thoughts/comments :)
Old February 16th, 2014 (02:56 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Username: MathewCS
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: it has to be Joey Wheeler, i love him haha
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: GX to me, even though i started playing before GX, but i loved the elemental heroes haha

i run a warrior-elemental deck, i don't play woth synchros because i think they're not for me :

COUNTER STRIKE 1.6 REPRESENT!
CHILE <3 <3
Old February 18th, 2014 (04:14 AM).
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
Just add my name to the OP please , anyway in case you didn't know about this news already, they're going to release a new pack called Dragons of Legend that includes Timaeus from the original season 4, probably with some other unreleased cards from the season 4 since Dreadscythe, Ra's Disciple, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight (yay!!!) are there
Old February 19th, 2014 (08:26 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Username: PlatinumDude
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Jaden Yuki
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: ZEXAL

To answer the topic on hand, I found it heartbreaking that the Pharaoh had to leave Yugi after the Ceremonial Duel.

I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh since fourth grade. I didn't know what to do then, but now I know what to do (in most cases at least)

Old February 20th, 2014 (11:02 AM).
真月 零

Nature: Sassy
I was finally able to get my ダウナード・マジシャン!
There was a slight miscommunication with my cards dealer and I didn't bother visiting until last evening.

That concludes this archetype (I love Spellcasters!); Until if there would even be more.

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old March 2nd, 2014 (09:39 AM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

WOW SORRY I'VE BEEN SO BUSY AHHH. Welcome everyone who registered. ^^

As of late, I haven't heard any Arc V news. Will keep looking.

Old March 5th, 2014 (02:43 PM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Username: WooliestSteam1
Favorite Yu-Gi-Oh Character: Seto Kaiba
Favorite Series in Yu-Gi-Oh: Yu-Gi-Oh GX

A Yu-Gi-Oh group, awesome! I feel this is a decent time to sign up here as I'm getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh after a long hiatus. I can thank my friend and the TCG society he runs for getting me hooked again.

Got a new deck on it's way as I have zero cards now and I can't wait until it arrives. Man it's been so long since I bought cards ... it's a great feeling. :D
Old March 8th, 2014 (06:16 AM).
真月 零

Bought this for nostalgic sake.

Black Mage of Illusions :D

BARIAN EMPEROR

Old March 9th, 2014 (08:01 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
That Black mage of Illusions is sooo incredibly OP. So sad that it can't be used in decks
Old March 9th, 2014 (10:02 AM).
真月 零

Quote originally posted by LilJz:
That Black mage of Illusions is sooo incredibly OP. So sad that it can't be used in decks
I think the one you're talking about is the Legendary Magician of Dark, 伝説の闇の魔導師, not this one.

They are different:

BARIAN EMPEROR

Old March 9th, 2014 (10:35 AM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

OH, right! Slight mix-up haha xD

I saw that card at my local card store and I was like I soooo need that card for my Dark Magician deck! Then I saw on the small left bottom corner that it can't be played in a deck my face suddenyl became like ;~;
Old March 9th, 2014 (10:48 AM).
真月 零

They were released so close together after all, it's normal to mix them up!

Yeh, I have both and isn't very happy about not being able to run Legendary Magician of Dark. They could've just nerfed the instant win thing!

I am happy to introduce my Dark Magician back into my deck, though, thanks to Black mage of Illusions's effect!

BARIAN EMPEROR

Old March 10th, 2014 (06:07 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Oh you run a Dark magican in your deck too?
I just love those kind of decks haha, a normal monster with 2500 attack and 2100 defense seems quite weak in today's meta. But the plays you can do with him is just sooo ridiculous
Old March 11th, 2014 (10:46 AM).
A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Ok, so you've probably heard this a million times and I'm probably gonna get flamed for writing this but I'm just a curious fan who wants to get a straight answer.

So as I said in my previous post, I'm starting to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh again after many many years. Because of this I missed the whole Syncros and XYZ monster types. Now a recurring topic that seems to crop up on other sites relating to Yu-Gi-Oh is the 'speed' of the game. People talk about games lasting less than 10 turns and other stories about crazy amounts of special summons or something like that?

I figured I'd ask on here, seeing as I'm already signed up and I'm part of this little group. Any info would be greatly appreciated guys.
Old March 12th, 2014 (09:09 AM).
真月 零

LilJz - Dark Magician and Blue Eyes started it all, so why not! I removed him for quite some times though, but I just had to run my Black Mage of Illusions, so Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl has made their comeback in my deck!

Imagine summoning DM with Black Mage of Illusions's effect; Then using them as XYZ materials again for another 7 stars XYZ monster, it all fits.

WooliestSteam1 - It is certainly getting faster, with the upcoming Pendulum Summon, where you can Pendulum Summon as many monsters within the level of the scales on the Pendulum monsters on both side, I figure it's going to make Sync and XYZ even more speedier.

yugioh.wikia.com would be your best pal

BARIAN EMPEROR

Old March 12th, 2014 (04:19 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

In recent years, with the meta, 'matches' last about 15 minutes top. They have sooo many cards that allows you to swarm the field with 5 monsters in one turn, blow up your opponent's back row and literally go for a OTK or even a FTK. Also, with the new cards coming out the game will be even more vicious than it was.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links