• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

AUUUGH *flips table*

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Let's say you're playing a video game. How would you feel if you keep losing, if say, a person is using a 'cheap tactic', or, if you're losing and keep dying to a video game boss of some sorts. You try again, and again, and again, but still can't win.

Now, how woulds you react? This is a basic question of your reaction if you keep losing at video games. Would you be angry at all? Would you give up? Keep playing? Whatever? Feel free to share!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
I used to throw my controller/mouse and get angry as all heck... in recent years I've tried to take a more claim approach, if I keep losing and start getting frustrated, turn it off do something else.
Having said that I didn't get mad at friends/family when I was playing against them, I usually got mad when I failed to beat a boss/level for the 50th time in most cases it would have be fighting games.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
If the game is single-player:
If the boss isn't that big of a deal, it's like whatever to me. However, if it's something that hardly anyone can beat, then I'd most likely rage.

If the game is multiplayer:
Unless the opponent is bad mannered, I'd just "gg" out.

Years
This will most likely happen if I'm frustrated enough.

broken-controller.jpg

TY

Losing is part of life, if you keep losing you are probably doing something wrong. But if someone uses a cheap tactic aka cheesing, i can get pretty mad.

Reactions: T!M

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
My brother couldn't pass a level in god of war, so he threw the PS3 controller on the window. The controller split in half but the glass window is still intact. Then i took another controller and passed the level in my first try...so he was mad at me too.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Oh my.

Well, back when Modern Warfare 2 was still popular, I liked to use the more underrated weapons..things like the M4A1, FAL, etc. The bad thing is that you had 3 things which basically ruined the game for you.
1. Danger Close perk
2. One Man Army perk
3. Grenade Launchers, aka the "noob tube".

Those 3, combined, made MW2 a hellish experience...once Black Ops came out, my controller barely worked, due to my rage. :x

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Ultimately my mood and perception of a loss is based strongly on the amount of sleep I have.

If I am well rested, I can lose a couple of times and come up with a good solution, different strategy and beat the part that's troubling. However, if I've haven't slept in a day or have been up late. I can lose and lose and my anger will stubbornly make me try the same tactic assuring me that the game is unfair and I'm not doing anything wrong.

Here are some examples of tactics I use to either deal with, or prevent, a loss.

________

For first-person shooters like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield. I'm pretty cool in Multiplayer, despite dying a lot. But, if I'm killed continuously by the same person, in the same cheap and lame way. I will waste no time to use "the ultimate combo."

Start+Up+A+A (Ie. Start Menu, up puts me on leave game, A to choose it and A again to answer the game question of "Are you sure?")

There are two types of fighting games. Fun ones and Pro-Lame ones. Examples include:

FUN

- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai & Budokai Tenkaichi
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm and it's entire franchise
- Final Fantasy: Dissidia (the first one only)

PRO-LAME

- Street Fighter
- Marvel versus Capcom
- Mortal Kombat

When it comes to the "Fun" Fighting games. I can take losing pretty lightly. Unless the loss was incredibly lame and really stupid. But I've become pretty good at all the Ninja Storms so I can play on Super Hard with ease.

On multiplayer for those games, losing can be a pain in the tuckous, especially with Minato, Madara and Tobi (Ninja War) spammers. However, after I learned creating your own session as opposed to seeking out others, I learned a nifty little trick to A. Escape the same opponent, especially if he was being cheap and unfair and B. Filter the over-powered, experienced: 3 times my Rank guys. There's a button when you create session, it says: "Kick Player", 'nuff said.

It's especially useful to troll players who want a rematch and you want to stone wall 'em like a Brick-mason. :3

For the "Pro-Lame" ones...

First lemme say I don't event attempt multiplayer for any of the listed games.

But the computers for SF, MvC and MK are cheap beyond belief and don't deserve my time.

IE. Seth, Rogue and Shoucon <-or whatever

And finally, my RPG games. I never lose. (:<

Seriously, my party hasn't been wiped out on FF7 yet, not once.

Years
No doubt about it...I'd rage. And possibly rage hard, especially if it's against another person in a competitive environment. I have a temper that usually comes out only when I'm playing video games. I've had a few controller-throwing moments - thankfully not a whole lot, though. Mostly it's just a bunch of cursing.

Would I come back to it...depends on how mad I got. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Nakala Pri

I'd probably throw a tantrum, then after a week trying to figure out their tactic and researching it, I'd kick butt and totally rock their virtual world! >:D

Or I'd sulk and never touch the game ever again. xD

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
I would just toss whatever I was using out of the closest window, go to a corner and just cry for about nine hours straight.

Hey by the way have you guys ever had those super hard boss fights, and you nearly use up all of your items and skills and everything with all effort not to die, but in the end you were supposed to lose?

Can you relate to this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Bosses, not really. Players, ditto. They're doing whatever they enjoy while I do whatever I like. I have more of an issue with the game itself if players can actually get away with cheap crap.

Oh my.

Well, back when Modern Warfare 2 was still popular, I liked to use the more underrated weapons..things like the M4A1, FAL, etc. The bad thing is that you had 3 things which basically ruined the game for you.
1. Danger Close perk
2. One Man Army perk
3. Grenade Launchers, aka the "noob tube".

Those 3, combined, made MW2 a hellish experience...once Black Ops came out, my controller barely worked, due to my rage. :x
The way literally everyone in CoD 4 uses Stopping Power and then whines about Juggernaut is infuriatingly assbackwards.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
I definitely get upset, but I try to channel that anger into better concentration for the next game. I'm too broke to throw **** around :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I definitely get pissed when I see the same cheap tactics being spammed ad naseum to where I want to ram my fist through the tv but I manage to pull myself away for a minute or 2 to recollect myself and try to think of something else to do to help calm my nerves like watching something random on Youtube or simply switching over to another game until I feel calm enough to get back into the game I was previously on like Naruto Storm 3, Halo 4, or Halo Reach to name a few.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I'd keep trying even when I'm in the middle of raging. I ALWAYS figure out a way in the end x)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
i'd like to think I'm a pretty relaxed guy in real life, but Dark Souls PvP is just an absolute trainwreck. I mostly blame FROM's incompetence, but even the best game will be flooded by min-maxers and tryhards. Most of my problems stem from the abysmal netcode and the generic builds that come about to abuse this flaw as much as possible. Last time I played, it was flooded with GiantDads/HavelMoms/StoneChildren, Dark Bead spammers, baiting Chaos Rapier +5 turtles, and gankers.

I don't usually get pissed at a boss unless it's because of constant hax. Souls games have made me much more patient with video games.

TY

Well i just raged a lot at one of the early missions of C&C:3 Tiberian Wars xD
Guess i do rage at some point xD

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Well, I don't really rage much, but if I do get above the stage of constantly cursing towards the screen I can be prone to throwing my controller just about anywhere in frustration. I'm normally lax though and I don't get frustrated much while playing so them times are rare haha.

Back