The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Bruce Banner
Unleash the Beast
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
If I keep losing there is no way that I will keep playing. It's not worth my time to get angry and break something. Normally if this happens, I take a break from the game and come back to it later.
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM
SomariFeyWright
Seven years is all it takes...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to SomariFeyWright
As a boy with litte control over his emotions, I'm not always the best at handling difficult points in games. Keep in mind, I'm the guy who threw a fit playing Harvest Moon.
... Harvest Moon for god's sake! And freaking Friends of Mineral Town, at that!

No matter how casual the challenge, whenever I continuously lose at a thing, I rage. Pretty damn badly.

So yeah.

Signature made by Pandaprinzessin of Court Records.
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck View Post
Ugh, thanks for reminding me. They were still a huge problem despite my Faith builds with GMB, although I don't remember encountering them using WotG. I usually see WotG only on dedicated spam builds since it's has a huge window for dodging.

Now that I think about it, my worst experience with DaS 1v1 PvP has probably been against DWGR pokers. They wouldn't be such a problem in a well made online game, but the "questionable" netcode renders parries and setup parries near useless. It takes a certain amount of skill and a lot of patience, but it's just such a boring playstyle, and the only real way to counter it (in my experience at least) is to adopt their playstyle and outpoke the enemy.
If they are running it, they'll first-frame WotG you after breaking your guard or poise (ideally they would get a face full of riposte before this happens, but what you said about parries stands), or they'll straight-up dead-angle with it. In any case, I think WotG works well since the build is so aggressive and uses faith anyway. A couple of points in attunement are a decent trade for the damage potential.

In my own (limited) experience, one of the best and most fun counters to cookie-cutter builds is to do something unsual yourself. The relative surprise and possibly even not being taken seriously can actually weigh quite heavily in your favour. This is my personal favourite PvP build, unique in that it slow-walks(!) but is actually viable, in part because scrubs who encounter it often get stuck and just don't know what to do. Takes a lot of patience to play successfully, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Chuckles» View Post
^ Git Gud Scrub, u mad bro?

Dark Souls insults away yeah it's PvP is a hellfight of people exploiting and using Giant Dads, it is a fun experience when you go to Londo and just train wreck noobs who have no idea what becoming Human means :D Also Steam Sale means that PC dark souls gets flooded with people who don't know the controls. Also the onyl way to win at DS PvP is just exploit and hope you can kick them off a cliff.
People in Londo probably know full well what being human means, they're just trying to beat O&S. :(
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM
markko

, I usually got mad when I failed to beat a boss
Old January 9th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
When I keep losing to a particular level/boss, I'll just stop playing and come back to it later. Sometimes taking a break is the best thing to do. I did that with Sephiroth in KH1. The next morning, I beat him on my first try.

In the case of Birth by Sleep's Mysterious Figure boss, I just flat out quit. He's way too hard and unnecessary, able to kill you without even giving you a chance to act. And since I refuse to use the Thunder Surge exploit, I've lost to him about 50+ times, not even able to get him down to 2 bars of health.

So in cases where a boss is unnecessarily hard and pretty much luck-based, I just stop playing.
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
I'd get really angry and turn the game off to cool down. Then I'd proceed to google strategies and the like to make things easier.. or level up a bit if it's that sort of game. If I really can't beat it then I guess I'd remain sad for a while until I feel inclined to pick it up and try again.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links