Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Animal Lovers Association

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 31st, 2013 (12:14 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

Aw, ferrets! I debated about getting a ferret a few months ago, but I decided with the two kittens around, the house would be in shambles. But ferrets are wickedly adorable and I love them. I live vicariously through people online that I know who have ferrets. They tend to have more than one so the two weasels can keep each other company.

Quote:
When I was a kid, I wanted a beagle badly and call it Snoopy.
My neighbors across the street have some terrier cross named Snoopy. Since he's a terrier cross, he's rather insane, so the neighborhood heard "Snoopy! SNOOPY!" all day as he ran away from home. But now they trained him better, so he stays in the yard.

My terrier, on the other hand, will go on walks without me. I take her out into the front yard, and she just starts trotting away down the sidewalk without me. But she comes back whenever I call her.
Old January 1st, 2014 (03:36 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Nature: Brave
I knew an online friend that had about 5-6 ferrets. It's ferret math, if you own one, you are more likely to add another, because "awww but the little guy needs a buddy!"

I think the only downside to taking care of one is that they sleep about 18 hours a day, so for the most part you might not have as much interaction with them because well...they sleep. xD

I don't have to worry about my Cocker Spaniel because she knows her way home as well. I just yell "Abby!!" and she'll come right home. She's tagged with my address and phone number, so if anyone in the neighborhood finds her, they'll return her...if she gets lost. :)

Old January 1st, 2014 (08:12 PM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
I want a ferret so much. <333 They are absolutely adorable though I know they can be difficult to take care of as a pet due to their odor, attention needs, etc etc, but I'd love to own one. Sadly they're illegal here in NYC. :(

My cat is so talkative though. He loves to meow when he's around me before plopping down and taking a nap.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (12:00 AM).
B33 < claw claw meowtherfangers!!!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
So, we have 3 dogs, Vancy, she's the oldest one, Ember, she's a hybrid of Vancy's breed and a German Shepherd named Neo (who passed away coz of old age) and obviously the offspring, and Toby, who we just got about 5-6 months ago.

Well, I wanted to tell you all that Ember is actually pregnant for a week or so with Toby as the father and we are pretty happy actually :]

I think that the child would still show signs of her grandfather's German Shepherd roots and we are pretty happy. That just means we would have anther dog in our family :/
Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:02 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Congrats on Ember's pregnancy, Gunner! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful nanny to those puppies! :)

& Cirny, I thought the ferret ban was more of a California/Hawaii thing. Wow, even NYC has them banned too. Honestly it's not as surprising because NYC is such a giant city and the risk for rabies could skyrocket if ferrets become legal again. Hawaii and DC are other places that have state-wide bans as well.

Which...brings me to a new topic! Aside the pets you already have, which other wild animal would you rather have as a pet? This animal should be one that's impossible to keep in your home due to legal issues...or size. xD

Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:21 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Monkey! Omg, MONKEY!

Or a Jaguar or a Lion
Old January 3rd, 2014 (06:36 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

A spider monkey would be fun to own!

Aside from that, either a raccoon or a fox. It would be fun to have one of those, but I don't want to see one taken out of the wild just to make a human happy.
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:00 PM).
B33 < claw claw meowtherfangers!!!
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Aside the pets you already have, which other wild animal would you rather have as a pet?

A GIRAFFE! OR A PANDA! <3 They are tame and cute and very lovable <3
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:27 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

All of those are great animals to keep as pets! For me, I would say the leopard. Leopards are adorable and they're also protective...but they eat twice as much as we humans do. But they can be pretty soft to cuddle...if they're tame though!

I had a classmate from high school who's currently a photographer at a modeling agency. With his own money, he bought a baby tiger so he could use it for his photo shoots. Sadly after a month he had to return it because it was too much for him to care (having to clean up after it, tearing up furniture, etc)

Old January 12th, 2014 (06:21 PM).
Breeder

Hey guys, I figured I'd joined.
My name is Joey, and I currently have 5 dogs. A beagle, Shepard and lab mix named Dahlia, a Labrador and Rottweiler mix named Zeus, and 3 pure breed labs, 1 black and 2 yellows. The black one is named Haley, and is the mom I the 2 yellows, the older yellow one is named Sierra and the youngest one is Bella. As you can probably tell I'm a dog lover, but I also like cats. I actually had to put my cat down just about 2 months ago. She was 12 when it happened. But it was for the best (she was very sick). But anywho, I love any big cat and wolfs.

With the new topic (it took me a little bit to actually see it; I would want to have a lion as a pet. They are my favorite wild animal.
Current Challenges:Shiny Badge Quest
Old January 12th, 2014 (07:48 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

AHHHH YOU HAVE A BEAGLE. AHHHH. Pictures if you can, please! <3 Welcome to the club, Joey!

sorry I am just a huge fan of beagles. & I'm terribly sorry about your cat. I'm sure she lived a wonderful life.I think any big cat like the Lion, Jaguar, or the Leopard are some that I'd love to have as pets as well, but we humans are lunch to them. xD

Old January 12th, 2014 (08:43 PM). Edited January 13th, 2014 by Astinus.
Breeder

Quote originally posted by Axeliira:
I think any big cat like the Lion, Jaguar, or the Leopard are some that I'd love to have as pets as well, but we humans are lunch to them. xD
xD that's so true. We are lunch to big cats.

Spoiler:
image.jpg when Dahlia was a baby. Her mom was a Shepard, but her dad was a beagle.

And here is Dahlia now at 6 years old (I took this picture a few years ago, she's 6 years now, but still looks the same)
Spoiler:
image.jpg Dahlia now
Old January 13th, 2014 (10:11 AM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Gonna throw in a new topic, peeps! Do you have a favorite animal movie?

Quote originally posted by Venitardus:
xD that's so true. We are lunch to big cats.

Spoiler:
Attachment 70641 when Dahlia was a baby. Her mom was a Shepard, but her dad was a beagle.
And here is Dahlia now at 6 years old (I took this picture a few years ago, she's 6 years now, but still looks the same)
Spoiler:
Attachment 70642 Dahlia now
omg, look at that cute doggy! Dahlia looks so adorable <3 Pretty much any dog with floppy ears are dogs that make me go *squee*!. When my grandmother had a beagle back when I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was to play with her ears. xD

Old January 13th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
Monkey slut!

Nature: Calm
I'm lozzop, and I frickin love animals, all shapes and sizes. My favourite animals are sheep, llamas and giraffes, because they're just so flippin hip. I got two cats, Bobby and Alf :3 If you haven't seen Henri le chat noir then you probably should, because it's hilarious and awesome, the cats on the show are exactly like mine. One is a despressed philosopher, and the other is a shameless imbecile XD Looking forward to joining!
Old January 13th, 2014 (12:25 PM).
Breeder

Do you have a favorite animal movie?
I can't say I have a favorite animal movie but I'd have to say We Bought A Zoo would have to be it. I like that some of the movie is done around some of the animals, like with Spar the tiger.
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:33 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Reason why I asked is because I just watched Life of Pi on my DVR a little while ago. I cried, it had the most beautiful story of a boy who lost his family, but had to survive at sea with a tiger. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I recommend it. It is so amaaaazing. <3

Other movies I do like are March of the Penguins (obviously my favorite), and Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course. Probs one of the greatest movies made by the late Steve Irwin.

Quote originally posted by lozzop:
I'm lozzop, and I frickin love animals, all shapes and sizes. My favourite animals are sheep, llamas and giraffes, because they're just so flippin hip. I got two cats, Bobby and Alf :3 If you haven't seen Henri le chat noir then you probably should, because it's hilarious and awesome, the cats on the show are exactly like mine. One is a despressed philosopher, and the other is a shameless imbecile XD Looking forward to joining!
Welcome aboard, lozzop! You joined a group where we love all kinds of animals! <3 I have never heard of that movie myself, and I'm curious because if a movie has both animals and hilarity, is something that peaks my interest so much! I'll see if I can watch it.

Do you have a favorite animal movie?
I can't say I have a favorite animal movie but I'd have to say We Bought A Zoo would have to be it. I like that some of the movie is done around some of the animals, like with Spar the tiger.
Any movie that was based on a true story are also my favorites, and We Bought A Zoo was a movie I liked as well. I also enjoyed how it was done around actual animals as well. :)

Old January 13th, 2014 (01:49 PM).
Breeder

Reason why I asked is because I just watched Life of Pi on my DVR a little while ago. I cried, it had the most beautiful story of a boy who lost his family, but had to survive at sea with a tiger. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I recommend it. It is so amaaaazing. <3
I saw The Life Of Pi a few months ago. I thought it was a good movie. And it was sad.
I mean, it kinda makes you think (or atleast it made me think) about how life would be different if that happened to someone you knew or your self.
Old January 13th, 2014 (02:22 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

It's not my dog, but I just found it really touching. Let's go on a feels trip, shall we, guys?

Old January 13th, 2014 (06:12 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Agh, Jz...that's the most feel-wrenching picture ever imo ;;

I've had many pets for most of my life, and I've given so much of my time towards them. I love my animals as if they're my children. <3 *hugs her two doggies and kitties* I love them so much!

Old January 14th, 2014 (01:33 PM).
Breeder

image.jpg

I was just looking at animal pictures. Figured I'd post this cute pic that I found (well, I at least think its cute. )
Old January 14th, 2014 (01:34 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

I really don't see myself living without my dog. I'd be so devastated living without him ='(

He's like my baby ♥
Old January 14th, 2014 (02:07 PM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

That's so cute, Veni! <3

I've been looking at cat gifs all day today. That's primarily one of things I do when I'm bored on the internet and have nothing else to do around. xD It's actually a lot better than videos. Vines kinda count towards gifs too, but they have sound which is better x)

This is probably my favorite for today.

Old January 14th, 2014 (05:15 PM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by Venitardus.
Breeder

That's so cute, Veni! <3

I've been looking at cat gifs all day today. That's primarily one of things I do when I'm bored on the internet and have nothing else to do around. xD It's actually a lot better than videos. Vines kinda count towards gifs too, but they have sound which is better x)

This is probably my favorite for today.

Yeah I seen that one. It was one of my favorites.

And you can call me Joey. I prefer to be called by my actual name.
Old January 14th, 2014 (10:46 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

My favorite animal movie is probably Disney's Bolt. When it was released, my family had just gotten a dog that looks a lot like Bolt, and I had a hamster that reminded me of Rhino, the hamster in the movie. It's just a fun movie with an ending that makes me cry and reminds me of the devotion our pets have for us.

I've been sitting on this cat gif for a while, wondering if I'd ever have a chance to use it.
Old January 15th, 2014 (10:34 AM).
★☆let go of everything
ModeratorCS

Updated OP!

So this morning, I couldn't get up from bed because I had a puppy and two cats sleeping on it. And if I move a muscle, they would growl and keep me tight. xD Goodness, I love my animals so much. xD Has anyone had that happen before?

/saves gif. I want to use that for future references, Asty. :D

Also, THIS better crack a smile today. Isn't that like...the best doggy gif ever? It was just reblogged.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)