The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
^ LMFAO. Nice eyes! xD

Sometimes when I'm sleeping and my dog comes on my bed. I try not to move a lot for to not wake him up since he gets woken up easily xD

But in the morning, his body ends up on my face anyways, he's the one moving so much at night ahah -.-
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I had Bentley in his donut bed next to me every night. But every morning, he's either squished under my blankets or they're fighting for a spot between my cats (they usually sleep on my bed every other night). It's a funny scene to wake up to every morning. lmao.

They can be so cuddly but dayum could really use some space, yeah? xD

Oh also, have I introduced you all to Bentley? He was supposed to be "Sparkle" but the previous owners whom I adopted from made a mistake on the gender. ;; Oh well! Least I found a name for him afterwards! :)
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Attachment 70675 I really like this picture.

And in the thumbnail, that's one of my other dogs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg‎ (87.1 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Juno
daring, nerve & chivalry

Animals fan club? Yes please, sign me up.

My name is Karen, or Nerakil on the forums, and I'm so glad there are so many pet owners here. I've had dogs in my home since I was born, and I currently have an adorable 14 year old Yorkie named Mocha.

I volunteer at the SPCA on Saturdays, sometimes it's hard not to take them all home (last weekend the most adorable Bernese mountain dog x husky puppies came to our branch - they were just the sweetest things). I'll probably be sharing a lot of stuff from the shelter - I think this'll be a good outlet for that, since people tend to think I'm some crazy pet lady if I keep showing them pictures on my phone or telling them what happened at the shelter.

---

Anyway, it's 3:22AM and my dog is snoring so incredibly loudly.

Last edited by Juno; January 17th, 2014 at 03:22 AM.
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
Attachment 70675 :) I really like this picture.

And in the thumbnail, that's one of my other dogs.
Awww Joey, your have such adorable doggies there! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerakil View Post
Animals fan club? Yes please, sign me up.

My name is Karen, or Nerakil on the forums, and I'm so glad there are so many pet owners here. I've had dogs in my home since I was born, and I currently have an adorable 14 year old Yorkie named Mocha. :)

I volunteer at the SPCA on Saturdays, sometimes it's hard not to take them all home (last weekend the most adorable Bernese mountain dog x husky puppies came to our branch - they were just the sweetest things). I'll probably be sharing a lot of stuff from the shelter - I think this'll be a good outlet for that, since people tend to think I'm some crazy pet lady if I keep showing them pictures on my phone or telling them what happened at the shelter. :P

---

Anyway, it's 3:22AM and my dog is snoring so incredibly loudly.
Welcome to the club, Karen! It's so wonderful to see a fellow animal lover like you! You are more than welcome to join us.

I used to do some volunteering at the animal shelter in Mexico when I was in high school. Honestly it was the best experience ever. There were sooo many animals there that were abandoned by their owners and were rescued from the streets. That's where I adopted my first cat, Serafina. She was born there from a mother cat who got pregnant by another alley cat and was rescued. My experience there was unforgettable. Like...wow.

Abby, my Cocker Spaniel, is always awake at 3 am. My next door neighbors are all-nighters, so every time she hears something, she BARKS. I'm used to it now, but it was hard to get used to it at first when we first moved in the neighborhood. ;;

Oh, we're all crazy for animals here too, so don't feel shy! You can show all the pics you want here. That's what the group is all about isn't it?

Guys, to flesh out the group a little (and I'm so glad we have a decent memberbase, yay!) I was thinking of creating a little section in the OP where we can post pictures of our animals or pets, yeah? Kinda like a gallery or something. What do you guys think? :3
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
Guys, to flesh out the group a little (and I'm so glad we have a decent memberbase, yay!) I was thinking of creating a little section in the OP where we can post pictures of our animals or pets, yeah? Kinda like a gallery or something. What do you guys think? :3
I like the idea. It would be interesting to see everyone's pets.
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Juno
daring, nerve & chivalry

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, unspayed/homeless cats are definitely a huge problem, we get unwanted litters of kittens every week from people who let their cats out but don't have them neutered first. It's good so many of them get rehomed though.

My dog used to be like that too, but as she's a lot older now she's just more mellow (and I suspect a little deaf). Now she just sleeps day in and out, haha.

I definitely like the idea of sharing pictures of our pets - I'll see if I can dig up anything from my Photobucket. Spoiler-tagging them since they're pretty big.

Spoiler:

Oh! Also, I found this article today, pretty interesting/amusing, give it a read if you guys are bored.
Old January 19th, 2014, 09:23 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
^ Omg that looks like my puppy if it would be a female! LOL
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerakil View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, unspayed/homeless cats are definitely a huge problem, we get unwanted litters of kittens every week from people who let their cats out but don't have them neutered first. It's good so many of them get rehomed though. :)

My dog used to be like that too, but as she's a lot older now she's just more mellow (and I suspect a little deaf). Now she just sleeps day in and out, haha.

I definitely like the idea of sharing pictures of our pets - I'll see if I can dig up anything from my Photobucket. Spoiler-tagging them since they're pretty big.

Spoiler:

Oh! Also, I found this article today, pretty interesting/amusing, give it a read if you guys are bored. :P
She's so photogenic omg! So adorable <3

Ahh yeah. Both of my cats are spayed. My oldest one had kittens three times. After that I thought it was enough, and I didn't want to go through the same thing with my youngest one. All of the kittens that were born/brought in there were adopted, thankfully. So amazing to see such amazing pet owners and animal lovers out there.

Alright then! I'll add in that gallery asap! I'll dig in through my pictures for all of my pets as well. :)

The fact that Basset Hounds can catch & trap scents could actually be lifesaving for several reasons. If they can pick up, for example, smoke from a fire, or a weird smell that we humans can't notice it right away, they might be able to alert us before anything bad ever happens. Great article, btw! :3
Old January 21st, 2014, 12:33 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Well I haven't posted on this for a few days, sooooo. How is everyone? image.jpg
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 21st, 2014, 09:45 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Well I haven't posted on this for a few days, sooooo. How is everyone? Attachment 70705
Hellooo cutie! :3

The past couple of days I've been dogsitting my niece's puppy. It's a Shih Tzu and he is the most adorable thing! He can literally form into a ball and you'll pretend it's a pillow to put your head in. I swear, those kinds of doggies are a ball of fur.

In other animal news, anyone a fan of water/sea animals? I LOVE tropical fish so much.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:10 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Quote:
When ever I see those blue fish (I always forget their name, and I heard it a few times) I think of Dori from Finding Nemo.
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:04 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Those fish are called the Blue Tang (species name: Paracanthurus Hepatus), which is the exact species of Dory. I'm pretty excited about the new movie coming out next year though! Can't wait to see Dory in her new adventure :3

I'm practically fascinated by Bettas. I used to have three males (in separate tanks, of course...because if you put two males in the same tank they will fight to the death). One of them got to live for 2.5 years, and they usually live after 1.5 years or so. They illuminate the tanks and create a beautiful accent in their homes, as well as our homes too.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Sirc
Azrael Nightmaren

Nature: Bashful
username is Sirc
I love love Raccoons and Hyenas

Looking to adopting an english bull terrier when i move out!
theyre so cute!
Chao Chao!!

Old January 23rd, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Hola Sirc! Welcome to our cozy club :3

English Bull Terriers are so cute! Especially as puppies! They're so playful and cute. I'm really glad to hear that you'll be adopting one very soon. Be sure to let us know how the adoption goes, alright? ;3
Old January 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

image.jpg
Found this today.. It's a little baby skunk
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 25th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Quote:
Attachment 70775
Found this today.. It's a little baby skunk
Everyone, let's all stop what you're doing and LOOK AT THIS. So cute!!!

How did you find it, Joey? Was it abandoned or something? It looks helpless D:
Old January 25th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Quote:
Everyone, let's all stop what you're doing and LOOK AT THIS. So cute!!!

How did you find it, Joey? Was it abandoned or something? It looks helpless D:
sorry I led you guys wrong. I found that on the internet. I was searching through some pictures on Google and found that. Sorry again.
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

OH. lmao. It made it seem like you found it! xD

Either or, it's so adorable nonetheless! When I lived in San Diego a couple of years ago, I found many places where skunks were setting as their homes, and I always hear little baby skunks squeaking. Me, being the animal lover I am, I wanted to get close to see, but risking myself to get sprayed on? No gracias! xD
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

I know how that is. I found a family of skunks when I was in michigan. I didnt want to get too close to it. And afain, sorry if I made it seen like I found it.

image.jpg
This reminds me of the fire ferret from The Legend of Korra. And I always wanted one... But this is close enough.. I want one.
Alpha Sapphire!!

Last edited by Astinus; January 26th, 2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: double posts
Old January 27th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Leijon
blank stares at blank pages
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Shipping View Post
So, we have 3 dogs, Vancy, she's the oldest one, Ember, she's a hybrid of Vancy's breed and a German Shepherd named Neo (who passed away coz of old age) and obviously the offspring, and Toby, who we just got about 5-6 months ago.

Well, I wanted to tell you all that Ember is actually pregnant for a week or so with Toby as the father and we are pretty happy actually :]

I think that the child would still show signs of her grandfather's German Shepherd roots and we are pretty happy. That just means we would have anther dog in our family :/
BREAKING NEWS: Jgh from school and guess what?

Ember finally gave birth! Can't tell you all the details yet but there are 2 adorable puppies and imma get into detail soon x3

:33 < I'm not gonna write you a love song!

#moirails @Nonon @Kimisumi #oras #battleserver #pclive #dailybloggity #theshippingqueensdiary
Old January 27th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Shipping View Post
BREAKING NEWS: Jgh from school and guess what?

Ember finally gave birth! Can't tell you all the details yet but there are 2 adorable puppies and imma get into detail soon x3
Congrats! I'd love to hear how many puppies she has in total.
I like taking care of newborn pups (raised 2 litters already in the last 2 years) but it can be stressful.
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 27th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

I haven't had experience with newborn puppies but I have with kittens. My oldest kitten Serafina had three litters one year apart each (before I finally spayed her), and on one of those litters I kept one. Either or, it's a blessing to welcome little ones into the world. It's also fun to watch them grow and learn by the day. One day you'll be like "WHAT. THEY GREW UP SO FAST. ;;"

Congrats on Ember's delivery, Gunner! When you have the chance please tell us more on what happened!~
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

My brother kept one from my dogs first litter (the yellow lab I posted a picture of) an my mom kept one from the most recent litter.
But my brother left and didn't take we so now she's mine.
Alpha Sapphire!!

Last edited by Venitardus; January 27th, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old January 27th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Juno
daring, nerve & chivalry

Congrats! I don't have any experience with newborn anythings, but I can see how raising them can be stressful.

2 puppies at the shelter got adopted over the weekend, 8 week old little black lab mixes. c: So cute. I was too busy to take pictures, but they were so sweet. We had one of the puppies behind the front desk after her sister got adopted, because she kept crying when she was alone in her room and had to be held by someone.

Sponsored Links