Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Animal Lovers Association

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 27th, 2014 (11:13 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Nature: Brave
Hello, Pippitha! Nice to see you here. :) Cockatiels are amazing birds, and pretty! My late grandmother used to have one when I was younger. It lived for a pretty long time if I remember! Reading the previous post about how males learn the songs, I think she had a male cockatiel.

Mexico has a crapload of residents selling/giving away puppies and kittens for a profit. Sadly there's no law that prohibits that, but I still refrain from buying one. All the animals I have with me are all adopted. Even Serafina, who was adopted when she was only a kitten. :3 The town where I live in right now takes animal adoption seriously and outlawed animal abandonment here, so if you abandon your pet somewhere around the city, you will be fined/sent to jail. We have adoption events twice every month, so it's always nice to see peeps here adopting. It's amazing.

What is your opinion on adopting vs. buying?
Honestly, I don't like the idea of giving away money just to "buy" a dog or a cat. Many breeders out there think it's a profitable way, but I tend to think about the overcrowding of all animal shelters and how they have to euthanize animals just to make room for more animals coming their way. It's sad to think about it. Always consider adoption as a first choice.

For those of you who've adopted, did you adopt with a specific breed/kind of dog in mind, or did you just look through shelters until you found the one?
I really don't mind breeds or anything. Once I lay eyes on a puppy, I'll immediately fall in love with it.
Old June 30th, 2014 (02:40 PM).
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Who wants a puppy?!

image.jpg

Just kidding. unless you live in Nevada or are seriously want to come out to Vegas to get one

My dog just gave birth today. 9 healthy pups and momma is fine. In case you don't know, I have pure bred labs (pups are pure bred also) but I thought I'd share the cuteness
Current Challenges:Shiny Badge Quest
Old July 1st, 2014 (05:41 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

Quote originally posted by Venitardus:
Who wants a puppy?!

Attachment 72521

Just kidding. unless you live in Nevada or are seriously want to come out to Vegas to get one

My dog just gave birth today. 9 healthy pups and momma is fine. In case you don't know, I have pure bred labs (pups are pure bred also) but I thought I'd share the cuteness
CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

/dies

omg i live 6 hours away from las vegas i'd kill to see those puppies to be quite honest. ;; congratulations on the birth! Really glad to hear the mommy is doing so well. Those pups are totally going to grow up big and strong <3
Old July 1st, 2014 (11:48 PM).
Breeder

Quote originally posted by Cadance:
omg i live 6 hours away from las vegas i'd kill to see those puppies to be quite honest. ;; congratulations on the birth! Really glad to hear the mommy is doing so well. Those pups are totally going to grow up big and strong <3
Well you can always come out to Vegas to see them, but I don't know if you'd want to make the trip.. And thanks for the congrats.
Old July 6th, 2014 (06:54 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Kinda, sorta, returning to the discussion of adoption and dog breeds and all that, I'd like to pop up a topic if anyone doesn't mind! Do you have a special favorite dog breed? If so, what is it?
Old July 7th, 2014 (04:47 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I LOVE ANIMALS I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN.

Hi I'm Altairis I've had pets my entire life and I'm studying to be a vet! Okay, well technically not yet since I'm in high school, but all of the universities I'm considering have good Animal Science/Biology programs, so I guess that counts yea? I love cats, but dogs are cool too. I've had turtles in the past, too, and they're pretty cool as well. Right now I have 3 cats and one of them is personally mine. He is awesome and adorable and I'll see if I can find a nice picture of him to show you guys!

And I'll always say black lab is favorite dog, cause the only dogs I've ever had are black labs!!
Old July 7th, 2014 (10:39 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Lapras!!~ Glad to see you join, dear. :) You got a long way to go to become a vet, you should volunteer in animal shelters so you can gather all the experience in helping animals in need. Personally animal biology fascinates me a lot, so I find myself watching a lot of TV shows in relation to that!

Oh and please do show off your kitties when you can! ^__^

I've had Chihuahuas most of my life, really. Grew up with my late grandmother's old chihuahua when I lived with her in Mexico. She was really nice and cuddly...but she also ate waaaaaay too much people food (bad, I know D:). I've always wanted a beagle puppy, because I always found them to be really cute, especially with their floppy ears (actually any dog with floppy ears is really cute xD). And so, technically I do have Abby, who is a cocker spaniel, so that counts as a floppy eared doggy!
Old July 7th, 2014 (01:50 PM).
Breeder

Do you have a special favorite dog breed? If so, what is it?

Yep. Labs are my favorite breed. i always had labs in my family (whether they were/are mixed breeds or pure-breds)
Old July 19th, 2014 (07:55 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Labs seem to be quite popular. ^_^ My brother-in-law's mother has a labrador retriever, she's a VERY VERY active dog. We call her Brownie because of the typical colors of a chocolate brownie. She tackled me a few times before, so it goes to show that she's also lovable.
Old July 20th, 2014 (05:02 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Quote originally posted by Cadance:
Lapras!!~ Glad to see you join, dear. You got a long way to go to become a vet, you should volunteer in animal shelters so you can gather all the experience in helping animals in need. Personally animal biology fascinates me a lot, so I find myself watching a lot of TV shows in relation to that!
Yeah, I'm already volunteering at an animal shelter/hospital right now, but only in the shelter part and in the fall when I come back I'm going to ask about my chances of transferring to the hospital area, since that's what I want to do most. And Biology is like, literally the only subject I'm naturally good at that interests me so I'm grateful for that 8)

I loooove labs, and big dogs in general. They're so sweet. My dog was actually originally supposed to be a hunting dog, but the rest of the family softened him up too much and he forgot everything haha.
Old July 25th, 2014 (07:24 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

Animal biology is really interesting and that was the only field of biology I dived into when I was in high school. When I was a Freshman in college, I've wanted to take a course in Zoology, but they required at least Pre-Cal to get in, and the professor in that college was not really good. Only read from the textbook.

What I really want to do research on is the anatomy of a cat. You know, learn how they purr and such. If you were doing research on an animal, what animal would you study?
Old July 31st, 2014 (03:15 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Well... I probably have the most boring and predictable answer, but cats and dogs and pets in general. Wonder if any of you know why?

Sucks that I have to be good at math in order to take some biology classes though. ;~; This fall I'm taking the rest of the bio classes my school offers (two of which are AP) so I'm excited. <3 I wanted to drop history and take another science, but they wouldn't let me drop an entire subjuct. Boo.
Old July 31st, 2014 (11:25 AM).

Hi! I'd love to join! Animals are so precious to me. Any and all animals are so amazing to me!
My favorite animals are dogs. They're angels! I have a Chinese Crested Powderpuff and I hope I'll have more dogs throughout my lifetime. I also love ducks, emperor tamarins, elephants, bats and goats. So adorable! In my freetime I sometimes like watching animal documentaries or just going wild and saving every animal picture I find. Ahhh I love animals so much!
Old August 1st, 2014 (08:36 PM).
The Scientific Method

Nature: Calm
Have you read about the two giraffes in South Africa whose heads hit an overpass? Irresponsible, that driver. :/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28586702
Old August 4th, 2014 (06:40 AM).
shotgun rider
CS

Quote originally posted by mousse:
Hi! I'd love to join! Animals are so precious to me. Any and all animals are so amazing to me!
My favorite animals are dogs. They're angels! I have a Chinese Crested Powderpuff and I hope I'll have more dogs throughout my lifetime. I also love ducks, emperor tamarins, elephants, bats and goats. So adorable! In my freetime I sometimes like watching animal documentaries or just going wild and saving every animal picture I find. Ahhh I love animals so much!
I had a dream about bats just last night. It was really weird. There were bats in the garage and they bit. Even though I don't *feel* things in my dreams, I'm highly certain they would hurt. ;;

Dogs are my favorite as well, but on the internet, I love cat pictures, including LOLcats. Those are the best. Welcome!

Quote originally posted by The Void:
Have you read about the two giraffes in South Africa whose heads hit an overpass? Irresponsible, that driver. :/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28586702
I saw that the other day. He didn't show mercy on those two Giraffes and did not become aware of the hazards coming about. I really hope more safety measures are taken the next time they decide to transport animals like those. :(
Old August 22nd, 2014 (05:48 PM).
shotgun rider
CS

I want to bring you guys a short summary of what's been going on lately. It's been an eventful few weeks for Bentley, my tiny pup. A couple of weekends ago, he got struck by a fast car while trying to chase the neighbor's dog. He's doing fine now, but I was scared that he wouldn't survive the massive hit from the back (majorly his hip and hind legs). After a few days hospitalized at the Veterinary Clinic by the Mexican border, Bentley did extremely well with the hip surgery, and with that surgery, he'll be able to recover 2 weeks quicker than the standard 30-45 day recovery by restricting movement and placing him in a doggy cage. It's been a week now and he's really anxious to move. I only let him move if he needs to do his "business thangs". But right now, with the meds, he's asleep.

Here's a funny picture of him that my dad took.

In the meantime, here's a new discussion topic: Have you visited any zoological park, or "zoos", or any wild animal parks?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links