Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge
Reload this Page [Pokémon] Pokemon Fallout [M] (Part 2/OOC)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 27th, 2013 (12:08 PM).
Pokemon Professor / RP Mentor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
@PinkSapphire: Haha, it's alright. DemonicWolf is still getting used to working with me. Since only I have a 100% complete idea of the setting I've asked him to feed his opinions to me so that we can check against eachother before replying. Books are actually very common, especially in abandoned cities though they might not be in the best condition. Most people in the world of Fallout simply don't care about them anymore, so they're laid out and thrown about. Some books would be extremely hard to read without an education though.
Old December 27th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

Nature: Timid
Haha yeah sorry about that minor mistake.

Old December 27th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by DemonicWolf:
Also does anyone at al have a completely positive character? - sorry about the typing mistakes as I am using a tablet to say this.
Well there's Mako's little sister, Cecilia, who lives happily with her brother.

Oh, and her brother's being hunted by a group of adept fighting humans armed with anti-pokeweilder weapons led by her father. And she's mute. And her mom's dead.
Old December 27th, 2013 (12:30 PM).
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Oh, and her brother's being hunted by a group of adept fighting humans armed with anti-pokeweilder weapons led by her father. And she's mute. And her mom's dead.
Is it bad that this is the happiest thing I've ever read in the Internet? D:

Also, SU should be done within the next 24 hours or so, just letting you know, Yellow :3

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old December 27th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

Not really. Im gonna agree with you resolution, that probably is the happiest thing.

Old December 27th, 2013 (12:48 PM).
Gold Tier

Then I guess the posts including her will be the bright lights in the darkness that is the internet.

At the beginning, at least.
Old December 27th, 2013 (12:51 PM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote originally posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow:
@PinkSapphire: Haha, it's alright. DemonicWolf is still getting used to working with me. Since only I have a 100% complete idea of the setting I've asked him to feed his opinions to me so that we can check against eachother before replying. Books are actually very common, especially in abandoned cities though they might not be in the best condition. Most people in the world of Fallout simply don't care about them anymore, so they're laid out and thrown about. Some books would be extremely hard to read without an education though.
So all I have to do is conclude that she had education?

DemonicWolf- It's alrigth xD now you know that it takes me at least 20 edits to be completely satisfied with my SU's.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 27th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
Crystal Tier

@PinkSapphire: Basically! It might be worth explaining how she got interested in books, though.
Old December 27th, 2013 (04:04 PM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Finally done! (More or less)

Name: Storm

Nickname: The Maelstrom

Sex: Male

Appearance:
Spoiler:

The only difference between his regular form and his transformed state is the growth of a tail and antennae, his incisors turning into fangs, and the darkening of his eyes to a stormy grey color.

Personality:
"I'm a lover, not a fighter, but I will most definitely fight for what I love."
Storm is almost nothing like his Pokespirit partner. He's kind, gentle, friendly, and disapproves of combat in any form. He has always been a strong advocate for peace, and views that the resistance is only acceptable because its goal is to reach peace. He will fight, but he won't like a single moment of it. He's always willing to sacrifice what measly bit of food he scrounges up to anybody he deems to need it more. His kind personality often leads him to be taken advantage of, cheated, or tricked. Storm is neither naive, nor experienced. He understands sarcasm and other such cruel behaviors, but he doesn't know how to deal with more mature situations. Storm can be quite single-minded when he wants to, specifically when it comes to protecting his friends, which just so happens to be his similarity with Blitz. His only fear is that he might lose his fellow users, which he considers his only family left now. He can take the role of the group's mother, except he's not a girl. He can get flustered if pestered enough, and he takes a great deal of care when he's around his comrades. Storm isn't afraid to cut up and joke around with friends, but he draws the line at light jests.

When he transforms to fit his Pokespirit, Blitz's form takes over completely and utterly. His fearsome personality retains little of Storm's, with the exception of his need to protect his friends (as stated before).

History: Storm's past was dark, and vaguely traumatizing, but it has made him all the stronger mentally. Storm grew up in downtown Eterna City, constantly fighting for his life, as well as his entire family's. His father was crippled in both of his legs, his mother was in a state of mental instability, and his younger brother was often distant. With his entire family completely out of order, he fought, stole, and scavenged to bring home the bread. His difficult situation led him to be cold, cruel, and conservative, his only friendly personality coming out around his family. He constantly got into fights with other kids trying to raise their family, leading him to be a disliked person throughout Eterna, mainly because he won more often than not. The vicious cycle of Fight-Feed-Eat-Repeat went on for years, until the building his lived in was caught between a raiding party of five users of the users for the resistance, and five for the eradication of the humans. During the fight his home was destroyed and his family killed, all by those against humanity. After all was said and done, the resistance members took him in, lead by a Machamp Fusee.

Storm was promptly told of Mount Coronet's special properties, and the location of the base. He quickly made his way to the top of the mountain, enduring the hardships solely to avenge his family, to show that he could do what it takes to survive. During his trek, he did a lot of thinking. He realized that you have to be compassionate to avoid being like the enemy. He refused to hate the Arceus' Bane for what they did, and forgave them. When he reached the peak, he was a brand new person. He absorbed the spirit of a fearsome Electabuzz. At first he was scared and refused to make contact him, but he eventually tried it. The pair had a rough start as they learned more and more about each other. At some points they would even have mental fights. As Storm made his way to the Resistance's base they slowly became friends, again, after countless arguments and fights. Storm has been with the resistance since he was 13.

How does your character obtain food?: Scavenger

Pokéspirit Species: Electabuzz

Pokéspirit Nickname: Blitz

Pokéspirit Personality:
"Bring it on. I sure as hell will."
Blitz is, in short, ferocious. He tends to fight as hard as he can, often holding nothing back. He is like his owner in very few ways, one of them being the desire to protect his friends. He would do anything, go anywhere to help a friend if they asked it of him. He has a strange sense of honor when it comes to fighting. He tends to like boxing, the idea of squaring off against an opponent one on one, no gimmicks added. When he has to get serious, however, he'll go into an all-out berserker rage. His attacks seem to become stronger, yes, but his reasoning completely disappears. He completely unleashes his strength using all the brute force he can, no matter how stupid it seems.

When he isn't fighting, he's making sure that he's pestering Storm. It's become his favorite pastime, other than fighting of course.

Pokéspirit Moves (Maximum of 6. Any move your pokemon species can learn allowed): Thunderpunch, Barrier, Lightscreen, Discharge, Thunder, Dynamic Punch

Pokéspirit Other (Optional): Blitz is extremely competitive, and will do absolutely anything within his power to win. And the color red....Don't even start with the color red. His ability is Vital Spirit. He is constantly within Storm's head. The two bicker quite often, usually when Blitz says something like, "Storm! Kill it! Kill it now!" or when Storm replies with, "No! Shut up, you oaf!" They're very much like an brothers, with Storm being the older, wiser one. They bicker constantly. When transformed, Storm's strength increases slightly.

On a side note, when the fused pair, often called Maelstrom, get serious Storm removes the bandanna around his head, and his hair starts to float up into a spiky style.

Opening Post (This will be what we use to determine whether your writing skills are good enough. If accepted, you may feel free to copy paste your post here into the IC thread.):
Spoiler:
"Psst! Psst! Storm!" A quiet, rough voice penetrates the silence.

"What?! What is it?!" One slightly irritated Storm replies snappily.

"Wake up!"

"It's three in the morning, Blitz!"

"Three AM! No better time to begin!"

With a frustrated sigh, Storm pushed himself off of his sleeping bag while muttering, "If I didn't know you any better, I would think you want me to be exhausted." He paused for a moment and stood still so that he could wake up officially. He rolled his sleeping bag up quickly and placed it in his backpack, along with his bag of berries, his flashlight, and a picture of his family.

"You know you love me."

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Hell no! I'm stuck here with you, remember?"

"Shut up! I'm trying to think!" Storm began to think about where he should go. I could visit some old friends, I could go hunt for food... He grimaced as a thought entered his head. "Oh, wait. I can't. It's three AM!"

"Not my fault, man. You listened to my voice."

"How can I NOT listen to you? You're literally an eternal voice!"

You know people will think you're talking to yourself."

"If they do, it's entirely your fault!" Storm swung his backpack onto his shoulder with grunt of effort. "So just keep quiet a moment, will you?"

-----

Moments later, the exhausted Storm began his walk back to Children's City with grim determination. He was going to end this cult. It's...It's not a sin to fight for a cause worth dying for...

Theme song:
Spoiler:
Old December 27th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
Hey hoo~

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
@PinkSapphire: Basically! It might be worth explaining how she got interested in books, though.
That's exactly the information that hasn't been added to the history part yet but was about to do so tomorrow morning because I had not enough time left. The only part that is really finished is the personality part c: I'll conclude that she had education somehow then.
Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old December 27th, 2013 (05:44 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

I like your su Heretostay, I don't see any flaws, but yellow may haha. Like the choice as well! This is certainly a bit more positive than few.

Old December 27th, 2013 (06:11 PM).
yah, you betcha
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Sooo is it okay if my characters mom was a hooker then gets murdered? I like going dark but, just seeing if i'm pushing the limits here :p
Old December 27th, 2013 (06:53 PM).
Evil Cute Thing

I would assume sexul pleasure is the last thing on anyone minds... If not then the opposite and she's flighty rich....

Old December 27th, 2013 (07:01 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Heretostay: Good to go~ Welcome back!

@Apollo: Uh--In theory? There's nothing wrong with that in an M rp I'd think. In practice however I don't think it's appropriate for Fallout's actual setting. The reason? There's no economy. What would they even pay with, Food? Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Old December 27th, 2013 (07:10 PM).
Gold Tier

@Apollo: Uh--In theory? There's nothing wrong with that in an M rp I'd think. In practice however I don't think it's appropriate for Fallout's actual setting. The reason? There's no economy. What would they even pay with, Food? Seems a bit sketchy to me.
Well there are other things it could be for. A place to stay, care for the child, or other favors.
Old December 27th, 2013 (07:11 PM).
yah, you betcha
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Ohhh lol XD didn't think through that one... I kinda thought it was like the Fallout Universe where people are still established in stuff just in a messed up world...

So there's no economy at all? So like were on a zombie status?
Old December 27th, 2013 (07:18 PM).
Crystal Tier

@Apollo: I'm afraid not. This RP isn't actually based on the Fallout series at all~ Civilization is at a bare minimum.
Old December 28th, 2013 (05:48 AM).
One lean, green, fighting machine

Nature: Jolly
Most excellent! I'm in! I'll try to keep up with everyone, but this next semester will be much harder than last.
Old December 28th, 2013 (07:40 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Apollo:
Ohhh lol XD didn't think through that one... I kinda thought it was like the Fallout Universe where people are still established in stuff just in a messed up world...

So there's no economy at all? So like were on a zombie status?
A world without some kind of Economy would be impossible IMO. I can't think of a time where people were not using something to trade with each other (Excluding the non-human cavemen of course). During WW2 when money was useless to soldiers, they still managed to use cigarettes as a form of currency, and technically trading things I'd a type of currency.

Even in a world like this, unless everyone is a tyrant murderer or serial killer, I could think of pretty useful things. You could sell protection for services, food for items (such as weapons), or even use clothing as a currency (even if the size didn't fit somebody, they could always rip it up to make it smaller, or hold on to it until they could trade it away to somebody it did fit).

Specialized jobs may not exist sure, but around a thousand people (the rough population of the region) being either murderers, theives, or people sitting around wouldn't really be too realistic. Scavengers are going to have days where they find a lot of food, and maybe they will want protection, so they will hire a bodyguard with a portion of that food. Theives will steal things they can't possibly use (like books, maybe instruments, clothing that doesn't fit) and so they will maybe trade that for food or protection. Killers who are not completely insane could take over a small group of scavengers and trade protection for food.

Hookers in my mind would fit in fairly well. Without details, they would keep people entertained. People will always want entertainment, regardless of how bad the world is. Realistically being a hooker in this enviroment would be very risky. But there are things she can trade for sure, food (since she might not be strong or fast enough to scavenge or steal her own), protection (again, extremely important in a world like this. The people with the biggest guns will dominate this economy), and maybe even clothing.

@PinkSapphire Reading would have to be something that is passed down from one person to the next. Unlike instruments where people can teach themselves, books are not as easy. A person would have to know exactly what the book sounds like, as in somebody would have to read it to them. From there you could probably learn entirely to read with enough time, energy, and intelligence. Otherwise somebody would have to teach you how to read the old fashion way (letter, letter sounds, sounding out, word structure.)

That being said, it is possible to know how to read still. Such a skill would certainly be handed down to at least a handful of people (the last RP I believe one character knew how to read, maybe two), and it wouldn't be much of a stretch for your character to have met one of these people. I know Spark did in the last RP, and could read and write well enough to write gravestones, and Oriana knows how to write letters, and form words that Spark showed her (though I can't say she can read, because she can really only make simple headstone comments, and names).

That's all of my opinion on the two subjects raised, I could be wrong, but that's just wha I think.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 28th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

Well it's certainly ideas, but I get wrong for saying anything wrong off yellow, she has the best idea of the scenery after all Ahaha!

Old December 28th, 2013 (08:36 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Aques Keus:
A world without some kind of Economy would be impossible IMO. I can't think of a time where people were not using something to trade with each other (Excluding the non-human cavemen of course). During WW2 when money was useless to soldiers, they still managed to use cigarettes as a form of currency, and technically trading things I'd a type of currency.

Even in a world like this, unless everyone is a tyrant murderer or serial killer, I could think of pretty useful things. You could sell protection for services, food for items (such as weapons), or even use clothing as a currency (even if the size didn't fit somebody, they could always rip it up to make it smaller, or hold on to it until they could trade it away to somebody it did fit).

Specialized jobs may not exist sure, but around a thousand people (the rough population of the region) being either murderers, theives, or people sitting around wouldn't really be too realistic. Scavengers are going to have days where they find a lot of food, and maybe they will want protection, so they will hire a bodyguard with a portion of that food. Theives will steal things they can't possibly use (like books, maybe instruments, clothing that doesn't fit) and so they will maybe trade that for food or protection. Killers who are not completely insane could take over a small group of scavengers and trade protection for food.

Hookers in my mind would fit in fairly well. Without details, they would keep people entertained. People will always want entertainment, regardless of how bad the world is. Realistically being a hooker in this enviroment would be very risky. But there are things she can trade for sure, food (since she might not be strong or fast enough to scavenge or steal her own), protection (again, extremely important in a world like this. The people with the biggest guns will dominate this economy), and maybe even clothing.
As Yellow said, there's no unified form of economy. From what I've observed, exactly how things get done is relative to the person in question. The age of pokedollars has fallen, as has the time of unified regions. People are more or less on their own, they don't have any way of regulating any sort of economy. As such, each settlement or group has their own means of getting what they want at any point in time, but what those desires are aren't the same for everyone, and thus, because there is no unified currency, what is needed to meet those desires is different.

It's more of a relative economy, often times one that borrows on the Barter System. Some people want slaves, most people want food. Trade slaves for food. Not everyone wants slaves? See what else they want. They want protection? If it means you get food, why not go for it. It's because of the semi-individual and relative nature of the economy that you cannot really call it a unified one, and technically it isn't an economy at all. Going with what you stated, there are still limitless things that people can do for one another, but those are favors in exchange for favors, and because of the range of dissonance between the favors and acts that you may not be able to call favors that you can't really call that an economy either.

As for the whole prostitution debacle...I really think that would be more in line with slavery and servitude, which has been confirmed to exist in the world of Pokemon Fallout (though, to my knowledge, it only included kids). If it were for personal gain, I'm not exactly sure whether it'd be prostitution or just sex...but only in this setting, not in real life (in real life it could go either way). I mean, when you consider that she's getting something back in return that would be more or less a favor, it seems more as if she's trading pleasure for favors (prostituting herself out) rather than placing herself in sexual servitude (becoming a prostitute). Eh...it could go either way on that one.
Old December 28th, 2013 (08:53 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

The world's economy isn't regulated sure, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact the kind of economy in this world would be considered an extreme Laissez-faire economy. Even more so, it would be similar to a sort of anarchic, unregulated capitalism. No money is really needed because other things work better in its place.

Using food as a currency is a great example. Everybody needs food, and since it is scarce, it is expensive (supply and demand). Therefore people who can get a lot of food efficiently (or control it) are going to be able to control what they want for the food if they are willing to trade it (which would be the price).

To say there is no controlled economy would be spot on, but to say there is no economy because everyone is working for their own benefit only would be fairly incorrect. Working to benefit one's self is how capitalism works so well in the first place. As a matter of fact, this RP could be an example of how too much capitalism and a Laissez-faire economy would be a very bad thing.

Money is just a way to simplify trades. The absence of it may make a more complicated economy, but it certainly doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. After all, "favors" would be considered a currency (favors seem like services to me.)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old December 28th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Aques Keus:
The world's economy isn't regulated sure, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact the kind of economy in this world would be considered an extreme Laissez-faire economy. Even more so, it would be similar to a sort of anarchic, unregulated capitalism. No money is really needed because other things work better in its place.

Using food as a currency is a great example. Everybody needs food, and since it is scarce, it is expensive (supply and demand). Therefore people who can get a lot of food efficiently (or control it) are going to be able to control what they want for the food if they are willing to trade it (which would be the price).

To say there is no controlled economy would be spot on, but to say there is no economy because everyone is working for their own benefit only would be fairly incorrect. Working to benefit one's self is how capitalism works so well in the first place. As a matter of fact, this RP could be an example of how too much capitalism and a Laissez-faire economy would be a very bad thing.

Money is just a way to simplify trades. The absence of it may make a more complicated economy, but it certainly doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. After all, "favors" would be considered a currency (favors seem like services to me.)
Favors indeed could be considered a form of currency, but they are also a fundamental facet of nature. Humans aren't the only ones to do favors for others, and in a world like Fallout it would simply be complicated symbiosis for it to exist. In that sense, simply saying that favors = economy is just a redundancy, because that could be said for basically any universe in any fiction or non-fiction. Similarly, I can see why pointing out that there is some form of economy is necessary, but I think that that much is recognized by most of the members in some sense.
Old December 28th, 2013 (09:58 AM).
Evil Cute Thing

2013 - The great debate.... Are there hookers? What is the economy like?

WELL I DUNNO ask yellow?

Old December 28th, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Crystal Tier

Oh boy~

The thing about bartering is that there's not enough food to go around, and finding food can be a very competitive sport. This means that food is infinitely more valuable than anything you could possibly buy with it and is what most people want at the same time. Most normal humans can potentially spend entire days searching for food and not finding it.

Pokespirit Wielders catch a bit of a break via super senses or the ability to eat things normal humans would consider toxic or inedible. Walking around is also much less tiring for someone with super powers.

What I'm saying is that even the bartering economy has crashed and there's nothing to fall back on. Prostitution is simply not a viable business right now. One of the very few business that still works are doctors. When your business is helping other people survive it's a lot easier to get them to work with you.

Sponsored Links