Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page [Pokémon] SOULBOND: A Twisted Kanto Journey [OOC/SU]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2014 (07:34 PM).
King of the Hell

I've taken you off the roster. Maybe you can return some time!

Sky: It's nothing personal (especially since I don't really know you) I say this because you've come back from a seemingly long haitus.
Old January 2nd, 2014 (09:02 PM).
Glass Cannon

Nature: Quirky
I've finally finished everything except my opening post but I'll have to finish that after I get home from work tomorrow. I am super tired right now so it's bedtime for meeee
Old January 3rd, 2014 (06:56 AM).
King of the Hell

It looks good to me! You've got today and tomorrow to write the opening post, and you're good to go!
Old January 3rd, 2014 (01:07 PM).
Bard of Rage

Nature: Bold
Ah, I regret to inform you that I'm dropping out from this rp to join atlantis awakening. I'm just coming back and two roleplays I feel would be a bit much for me at this moment, sorry.

4/13
Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:19 PM).
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Veevee
Hey, do you mind reserving me?

Character Name: Shawn Bonnie
Nickname: None.
Sex: Male

Appearance: Coming Soon

Personality: Coming Soon

History: Coming Soon
Pokémon: Luxio
Name: Fang

Opening Post: Coming Soon

Password: Soul

Proud lover of Eevees
Old January 3rd, 2014 (04:52 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote originally posted by SkyisUmbreon:
Ah, I regret to inform you that I'm dropping out from this rp to join atlantis awakening. I'm just coming back and two roleplays I feel would be a bit much for me at this moment, sorry.
It's alright; if you ever decide you may have another chance, there'll probably be open spots!

Quote originally posted by Black Ninetales:
Hey, do you mind reserving me?

Spoiler:
Character Name: Shawn Bonnie
Nickname: None.

History: Coming Soon
Pokémon: Luxio
Name: Fang

Opening Post: Coming Soon

Password: Soul
You're reserved until the 10th!
Old January 9th, 2014 (05:50 PM).
King of the Hell

The Character limit is now gone, and with it, reservations! This means that all characters can be accepted once within proper quality and expectation, and are only removed at the user's request, due to inactivity, or when rules are broken (let's hope it never comes to that!)

Are you guys still here? Because once the IC goes up, activity will be expected.
Old January 10th, 2014 (10:59 AM).

Nature: Docile
I'm still here anyways :L I don't know about the others though xD
Old January 11th, 2014 (12:04 PM).
King of the Hell

Well, so far you're the only one with a finished character. I'm really hoping others join in, or else we might not make it to an IC Thread even!
Old January 11th, 2014 (07:31 PM).
Ninetale Princess

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Himika
Tagging a spot. Expect a SU soon.
Old January 12th, 2014 (07:11 AM).
Level 5 Spin Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
Can I reserve? I'll have a SU done soon.
Old January 12th, 2014 (12:06 PM).
King of the Hell

Reserves are kinda pointless now, but I'll await your sign-ups nonetheless!
Old January 12th, 2014 (12:14 PM).
Level 5 Spin Ninja

Spoiler:
Character Name: Lisabith Rose
Nickname: Lis
Sex: Female
Appearance: Has black short hair pulled back into a tiny ponytail, and is kinda short herself. Wears 2 outfits: one, a grey dress with a bubble pattern, and the other a blue sweater and a long white skirt. Dark blue eyes, and a small smile. She also has a blue wooden tag tied to a string around her neck. The tag is a warning that she is a dangerous soulbound, with a unruly pokemon, and tells people to avoid her. It also stops her from going into stores or public buildings. It embarrasses her greatly, but she is not aloud to take it off in public or hide it.
Personality: The best way to describe :is is the kid in the day-care who would climb into the closet and growl at whoever opened the door. Although she has grown a bit from being the strange antisocial child, she is still very shy and withdrawn, and doesn't like to talk much. Due to her lack of being around people, she also does not emote very well, and doesn't really care much about other people. However, she does study, and does average in school. She doesn't like her pokemon, or pokemon in general, much, as they kind of scare her. Doesn't have any friends, which bothers her more then she lets on. Spends most her time at home reading or crafting. Sculpting is something she enjoys a lot. Darce scares her, as she thinks of him as dangerous. This is not good for her, but she has never seen Darce as something other then a restriction, with his abliltiy to break stuff. Strangely, despite her quite demeanor, she likes loud, exciting people though, and will often follow them around. She an get sad rather fast, if someone ignores her or shuns her because of the tag. Lis does not get angry easily, though, as she find it easier to do stuff then to be angry.
History: Lis was always a weird kid. She didn't talk for a long time after she was born, and when she finally did, she hummed. Her parents were worried about her, so they sent her to a psychiatrist from a young age. She hated the psychiatrists, as she just wanted to read or craft, not talk to some weird lady about her feelings. She also felt kind of looked down upon, and respect was very important to her at this age. It should also be said that Lis lives in Cerulean. Her parents, being from a ancient and esteemed clan, wanted her to become soulbound. So, they took got a hotel in Fuchsia, and dropped her into the forest at 5, being the youngest humane age. It was illegal for them to let her into the forest any younger. Lis remembers her parents walking her to just outside the woods, and not wanting to go in. Seeing her stubbornness, her parents told her to wait just inside the forest, and they would come get her. So she went inside the forest. And her parents didn't come get her.
She immediately tried running outside the forest, but the entrance had disappeared. She panicked, sat down, and cried. No pokemon had come to her. After that, she wandered deeper into the forest. She found a river, and drank a little. She sat there for a while, as she went over her options. She couldn't leave, so she had to stay. Yeah, that sounded good. No, it didn't. She eventually looked up, and saw that there were pokemon. Everywhere. She was very weirded out. The pokemon came in all sizes, big and little and all colors too. She hadn't seen anything like it. She wondered which one of these would be her soulbound. Eventually, a large pokemon walked up to her. It was a Kangaskhan, only of a lighter grey color. The pokemon gently grabbed her hand and lead her away to some cave. She stayed in that cave for a good while, just sitting there, staring at the Kangaskhan. The pokemon gave her some berries, and then pushed her outside. Deducting that she as supposed supposed to find her pokemon now, Lis walked for a while, munching on the berries. She saw quite a few pokemon. She eventually stumbled upon a pool, filled with strange pokemon that danced and twirled on the other side of the water. She sat at the edge and stared at them. For a long time. The Kangaskhan, slowly shaking its head, picked her up and took her back to the cave, were Lis spent the night. The days fell into this routine. Kanga, as she called the pokemon, would give her berries, then she would walk out into the woods. She would see some pokemon, then see something really interesting, stare at it all day, then Kanga would take her back. One day she even saw another person, although she isn't sure the person saw her. This was her schedule until the day she saw the pokemon.
It stared back at her, on a hill above the road she was walking on. It was her pokemon. She was the pokemons person. The Espurr jumped down and stood beside her, for a long time, in total silence. She walked back to the cave with her pokemon. Kanga seemed very pleased that the girl had found her pokemon, and ushered her out of the cave. However, the girl sat down in front of some clay that she had brought to the cave to dry the day before. Kanga watching, she fashioned a small espurr out of clay and gave it to the great pokemon, as a way to say thank you. The pokemon carefully took the small figure and walked into the depths of the cave. Lis got up, and walked away. She found herself standing outside of the forest. The espurr looked up at her.
She walked up to the hotel her parents were staying at and walked in. The man at the reception desk noticed her, and told her that her parents had left several days ago. She had been in the forest for 2 weeks, and her parents hadn't the money to stay in the the hotel for that long. The man sent her to the police. After giving her some food, the police gave her a ride home on the train. Lis remembers walking in the door to her home, and her parents smiling at her. “Espurr, these are my parents,” she said to her pokemon. The pokemon seemed shocked, and in the null of focus, raised its ears. And destroyed the fridge.
Life became hard for Lis. Although Darce, as she had named him, never killed anyone, he had a habit for destroying... a lot of things. The saying “My espurr obliterated my homework” became common to her teacher's ears. She was sent to more psychairists, to work on her espurrs focus in KEEPING DOWN HIS GOD DAMN EARS.
There was a lot of yelling at home after that, and due to the yelling, poor Darce's concentration lapsed time and time again. Her parents got a divorce, and she ended up staying with her mom. Not long after, she got a blue tag around her neck. Kids started to shun her at school. Life generally sucked.
Her want for respect, as well as her pride dwindled and disappeared entirely after she turned 10, for people always looked down at her. Poor girl with the destructive pokemon. Lis began to think of Darce as truly nothing but a destroyer. She began to reason with his capabilities by going outside the city limits and letting him obliterate stuff. Trees, rocks, the ground, just stuff. Every time she blasted stuff, she felt better, like she could finally relax. This was probably the way Darce felt too. She kept these escapades a secret from her mom, though.
2 years pass, and she was 12. Her mom's Kirila was kidnapped. She just felt dizzy for a while, and then she started throwing up. Eventually, her mom slipped into a coma. She had seen some strange people around. Espurr didn't like them. He said something about the future. Whenever he says something about the future it is always rather cryptic. Lis found a poster saying that soulbounds could fight the Rocketeers. Darce stared at her. And she found herself on the bus to Cerulean.
Pokémon: Espurr
Name: Darce

Appearance: Darce has slightly less curly hair then most Espurr. He also can be seen sometimes holding his ears down, as he needs to focus on them remaining so.
Personality: He has seen the end. No one was spared. Not even the children. He has bouts of clairvoyance, which often cause him to lose focus. Other times, he just spaces out or gets excited. He's a very spacey little cat, and tends to wander off sometimes.
Opening Post:
You hold the bar above your head in one hand, and Darce's paw in the other. Darce is sitting on the edge of a seat. The man next to him is trying to scoot as far away from him as possible. Looking down at your watch, you sigh. 20 minuetes left.
You are on the bus to Fuschia town. It's been ages since you've been on the crappy subway. The last time you were here, you had only just gotten Darce. Feeling strangely nostalgic, you stare down at the little cat. He's barely changed in all this time. No, he's gotten a little taller. He looks back up at you.
Walking off the bus, you take out the poster that led you here, and a map. Alright, ...this should be the right place. You walk into the meeting area, to see it is full of other Soulbounds, most of which are older then you. Actually, it seems all of which are older then you. Whoa. Some of them have really cool pokemon.
Some lady at the front of the room starts talking at you. You pick up Darce and place him on your shoulders so he can see. She's talking about Soulbounds, the rockets, all sorts of stuff. The part about the separation from your pokemon makes you grimace, just a little, in remembrance of your mom. She ends the speech with talking about how you will be going to Lavender town. That's okay. Seems weird that Team Rocket would go to such an obscure place. Really, the only thing in Lavender town is the Tower of the Dead. You take Darce off your s holders and set him on the ground. He looks around
Password: Soul meow
Old January 12th, 2014 (12:51 PM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by Himika.
Ninetale Princess

Pokemon: Greninja

Name: Yosuke

Appearance: Yosuke looks as most would expect a Greninja to look. The only difference in his appearance compared to most is the scar that runs along his left eye, sealing it shut from use. Although Serah attempted to bandage it for him, he refused.

Personality: Quiet and calculating, Yosuke is almost the complete, polar opposite of Serah. He always thinks things through before acting, realizing that brawn alone is not enough to solve problems. He is a bit withdrawn from other Pokemon, not willing to trust them right away until he is able to properly judge their power, ability, and cunning in battle. If one should befriend Yosuke, he will stand by them even in the most dangerous times. Yosuke is extremely protective of Serah, and will not hesitate to strike against anyone who means to harm her.

Name: Serah Maxwell

Nickname: None

Appearance: Serah stands at about 5'6" with a somewhat slender body build. Her skin complexion is fair, being not too pale nor too tan. She has long, sandy-blonde hair that she usually keeps pulled back into two pigtails which reach about the middle of her back in length. Serah's eyes are a dark, emerald green.

In terms of clothing, Serah has a style that makes her look more rebellious than most girls her age. She is usually most comfortable in her favorite black tank top, which exposes a bit of her midriff just below her belly button. Over this tank top she usually wears an old, blue denim jacket that has long since had its sleeves cut off. A pair of black fingerless gloves are worn on her hands which extend up to her forearms, and a pair of rather worn denim shorts are worn on her legs. Serah wears a pair of black boots with purple laces on feet. A black bandanna is always worn in her hair, leaving only some stray bangs poking out in the front and her pigtails exposed in the back. A pair of dark purple goggles rest on top of the bandanna. A black choker always adorns her neck with star shaped earrings in her ears. Her dark green, duffle-style travel bag is always by her side.

Personality: Stubborn and rebellious, Serah seems to have a short fuse... something has landed her in trouble on more than one occasion in her life. She seems a bit restless and more than ready to fight, whether she is the one who starts one or not. Serah is one to speak her mind, regardless of who it might offend. She is often one to act without thinking, preferring to approach her problems with a brawn over brains solution. When interacting with others, Serah is cautious to not let anyone truly get to know her too well. Previous exchanges with others her age have caused her to be slightly on edge, as if she thinks that people will have made up their mind about her shortly after their meeting. She hates relying on others, feeling that it will make her come off as a weaker person.

History: Serah was born and raised in Saffron City. She was born an only child into a family that was not quite as fortunate as others, something which stressed both her parents because there was barely enough money going around to feed the two of them as it was before they had a child. Things were always tense for Serah as a child. Her parents were constantly fighting about almost anything. Her father was a heavy alcoholic, and as one might expect her turned that anger upon the girl and her mother. By the time the child was six years old, her mother had finally had enough and she simply abandoned the man, taking off with Serah to find something better for them in life than the current situation to live with.

The two eventually left Saffron City, making their way to live in Celadon City instead. Money was still scarce, but things seemed to be going better for the two. They were happier, and in Serah's mother's eyes, that was what most important in life. Things looked like they were finally going to take a turn for the better... or at least, that's what Serah had hoped for.

Unfortunately, things did not go just as easy as that. During her early school years, Serah found herself having a hard time fitting in. She was constantly the target of being picked on and bullied by other kids her age. The often made fun of her looks, her social standing, the fact that she did not have a father, her clothes, or just about anything else they could find to give her a hard time about. Serah tried to rise above it, at least for her mother's sake, but she found the task of doing so becoming harder and harder with each passing day. Naturally, it was only a matter of time before the girl had finally had enough.

One day, when she was ten years old, a girl Serah's age decided to make fun of her fatherless situation once again. After putting up with so much teasing and the like over the years, the child finally snapped and punched the girl as hard as she could in nose. This gave the bullying girl a rather nasty nosebleed and landed young Serah in some pretty hot water. The school she attended had a very strict no violence policy, and she was sent home for the remainder of the week because of her actions. As she expected, she was scolded and punished by her mother, spending the rest of her evening with no dinner and in her room. However, as Serah had had time to think about it, the girl realized something... Punching that girl had felt... good. In fact, it made her feel happier than she had in a long time. It was that night that Serah had come to a decision. If everyone was going to constantly try to keep her down, then maybe it was time to give them something to be afraid of instead.

Serah slowly gained herself quite a nasty reputation over the next two years. She was constantly ducking out of school, getting into fights, and had even had a run in with the law on more than one occasion. Needless to say, Serah's actions were worrying her mother to death. The woman had no idea how she could help her child and whatever had put her on this path she was walking... That was until she had heard about the Soulbonding experience down in Fuchsia City. Serah's mother had never had a chance to experience it herself when she was a child, but perhaps having a Pokemon friend for life would have been just what the girl needed to turn her life around. The woman took some of the money she had been putting aside for an emergency, and took her child to Fuchsia City as soon as she could.

Serah was not exactly against the whole idea of this. That said, she was a little skeptical of how the whole thing worked. After all, it did not seem like a bright idea to her to let kids just wander into a dark forest on their own, not emerging until they had found a Pokemon that would essentially be with them the rest of their life. Still, her mother gave her little room to argue. So, Serah went into the forest to undergo the Soulbond. The girl lost track of just how long she had been in there, but sometime later the girl did emerge, with a small Froakie hopping behind her. She would later give the name "Yosuke" to the little frog.

Time moved on, and Serah found herself bonding with Yosuke quite well. As the two grew up, Serah was constantly spending most of her free time with the Pokemon. A somewhat positive change took place in the girl. She had began to attend school a bit more regularly and she did not get into fights quite as often. Still, despite this Serah still had a bad reputation about her... and one group of students had decided to use this to their advantage.

These students had managed to get a hold of one of the teacher's answer keys to a test. They decided it would have been a hilarious prank to plant the key in Serah's belongings, and then worked to set her up as the most likely target to steal them, something that was not very difficult given her reputation. Everything went just as they planned, and Serah found herself on the defensive, trying to prove that she did not take the key to this test. Needless to say, not one member of the faculty believed her. Losing her cool, Serah found herself snapping at the closest person... which just happened to be the principal. He did not take kindly to this, expelling Serah from the school shortly after.

Her mother could not take anymore. Despite her daughter's claims, she accused her of being just another worthless, violent thug like her father, who would probably end up in the same ship he was in when they had left him. Hearing her mother of all people accuse her of such things like everyone else around was the last straw that Serah could take. That night, she took what things might have been most important to her and left the place she called home, vowing not to return until she could prove everyone wrong, and she was not just another violent thug. Yosuke faithfully stood by her side.

As the duo made their way out of Celadon City, Serah noticed a flyer hanging on the wall of a building. It detailed the rise of a group known as Team Rocket, how they were quickly becoming a threatening menace to society and needed to be dealt with before it was too late. A small smile graced the teen's lips. This would be just the thing she needed to prove everyone wrong.

Opening Post: Serah stepped off the bus that she and Yosuke had rode into Fuchsia City. Night had fallen, and a light rain fell from the sky. The blonde girl looked around at the city. It had been sometime since she had visited. Serah had almost forgotten just how calming and peaceful it was.Reaching into her pocket, the blonde pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. As the stick lit, Serah took a long inhale and then puffed the smoke out, looking over at Yosuke quietly.

"Well... this is it, Yosuke..." Serah said to her partner. A small smirk graced her lips. "I dunno 'bout you, but I'm starting to feel a bit pumped!"

Serah slammed her left fist into her right palm for emphasis. The Greninja noticed this, rolling his eyes at the sight and crossing his arms across his chest. Serah seemed to quickly pick up on what the frog Pokemon was thinking and sighed.

"Don't give me that look, Yosuke," the blonde replied, looking ahead at the city. "You know what we're signing up for here. Those Rocket punks need an ass kicking. You and I are just the two to be able to give it to 'em too. And once we're done wiping the floor with 'em, everyone will finally know that I'm not just some punk looking for fights and trying to start trouble!"

Yosuke nodded at Serah's speech, but still felt a bit of apprehension in his chest. The Pokemon was wondering if Serah had actually taken a moment to think this whole situation through, and for good reason. It was not as if Serah was going to have a rumble behind the bleachers with a kid who was making fun of her or something like that. His human partner could very well die from what she was about to get into. Still, if this is what Serah wanted to do, then who was he to argue. He would do his duty, protect and fight along side of her... keep her safe.

Taking another puff of her cigarette, Serah nodded and slowly began to walk. "Well, let's get out of this rain. We need to meet that Janine girl at the Fuchsia City gym... It's not gonna make a good impression if we're late."

Yosuke nodded in response and followed behind the girl. For better or worse, there was no turning back now.

Old January 12th, 2014 (01:16 PM).
King of the Hell

@waning: This sign-up, it's... Rather all over the place.

Why the blue tag? It literally just happens out of nowhere, with no real explanation or reason behind it. Why does she act so bizarre? It's another thing that just seems to happen, with no real rhyme or reason. Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason? I can't see any reason for nearly anything going on with this character, and while it has potential, it falls short when nothing is there to back it up or solidify it. No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon. The Forest of Souls is an unusual place. While it's easy to get lost in it, it takes very little time to find the bond. Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest. It's literally walking through a fog-filled and tree-dense forest to find your bond, and then leave. It should take as little as a few minutes to as long as about an hour. The opening post seems far too short and disorganized. Self-explanatory.

Analysis: This sheet needs a lot of work. If you want my personal opinion, you may want to start from scratch and make a new character. That said, you have a lot of potential with the idea of an Espurr that has difficulty controlling its powers. That may be something you could re-implement in a new character. I have to say your sheet is declined, though I hope you do not give up, and try to come up with something even better.

On a small note, you can have me look over a sheet before you work on the opening post, that way I can let you know if you're headed in the right direction or not.

@Alby: Really, just one thing.

Personality is too short. I'd like to see a little more on Serah's personality and interaction with others.

Analysis: Pretty good character, actually! Just span out the personality a bit more and I'll accept it. Also, Soulbonds can speak telepathically. Oh, and no smoking in the gym!
Old January 12th, 2014 (01:26 PM).
Ninetale Princess

I expanded it some. Does that meet your desires? :o
Old January 12th, 2014 (01:31 PM).
King of the Hell

Normally I might say it was too short, but I can see there was a lot of thought behind it, and you clearly have something of an interesting character here, so I'm going to accept it. Congrats, and welcome to SOULBOND!

If we're able to pick up and get active (I'd say by the time we get at least six accepted sign-ups - excluding my own - I can put up an IC) this should lead to lots of interesting interactions.
Old January 12th, 2014 (06:21 PM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by <Challenger>.
See you, Space Cowboy...

Nature: Jolly
I definitely might be interested in this roleplay. I'll leave this here as a placeholder for the moment.

Spoiler:
Character Name: Tobias "Tobi" Cross
Nickname: Plus

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Personality: (Be descriptive. How does your character act in various situations, alone or around others, and why? This section defines your character's actions and makes them unique!)

History: (Explain your character's story from their childhood, to getting their Soulbond in Fuchsia, to how and where their lives have gone since up until they headed for Fuchsia. Be aware that your character could possibly have noticed Rockets before, because around IC Start is when they started making themselves known.)

Pokémon: Braviary
Name: Turbulence

Appearance:

Personality: (How does the Pokémon act around the Soulbond, around others, or just in general? What is the dynamic between the two in the Soulbond?)

Opening Post: (Write out your first post, introducing your character as well as showing your writing skills. This is a crucial part to the sign-up sheet, so do your best to impress! Write about your character's travel with his/her Soulbond, their arrival at Fuchsia and their response to Janine's introduction. This post can also be used as your first post in the IC!)

Password: SOUL TRAIN
Old January 12th, 2014 (09:01 PM).
Free love, isn't free
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TheZenTraveler
I'll have an SU up tonight ^-^ took me a bit of brainstorming but I have a character in mind
AJ in The Hoenn Diaries- IC/OOC
The image above was provided by LakituBroz
Old January 13th, 2014 (06:22 AM).
Silver Tier

I'll probably be putting an SU up for this soon if you still have space?
Old January 13th, 2014 (06:55 AM).
King of the Hell

Yep! I took out the character cap, so anyone and everyone who makes a good enough character can join!
Old January 13th, 2014 (07:31 AM).
Silver Tier

Awesome, expect it soon then :D At worst it might be a few days if Uni work keeps me busy. My last deadline is the 16th and after that I'm completely free for a while 8D
Old January 13th, 2014 (12:02 PM).
Level 5 Spin Ninja

Why the blue tag?
The blue tag is a bit more on this world. Her pokemon is very destructive. It says in the description for Mewstic that it can grind a truck to dust with it's powers, so I made Espurr's powers here a weakened version of that. Her pokemon is a hazard to those around her, and she cannot be separated from her pokemon. I imagine, with many pokemon being dangerous, that they must have a way for dealing with pokemon such as hers. Thusly, the blue tag. Kinda like the scarlet letter, it's a way to send a message. I realize now this may be what some call “god-modding”, and not acceptable here. I come from a slightly different culture, the MSPA Rp section, so I apologize if anything I do is not culturally acceptable.
Why does she act so bizarre?
Dunno. Why does Osaka act like she has a few screws lose? Why does ANY strange character act strange? It's because they are, I dunno. The humming, not talking is a story from a friend, I just added to show that she's a little strange. There are some weird people out there.
Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason?
You watched SAO, didn't you? Remember Kirito's scene where he explains the relation between him, his sister and his grandpa? Japanese parents, and parents in general, sometimes tend to put a lot of pressure on their kids.
No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon.
I spent like a hour and a half writing that. S'cuse me if I have a different interpretation of the forest. Like, totally and utterly. Sorry.
Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest.
Durp-de-durp on me for having a different interpretation.
The opening post seems far too short and disorganized.
Sorry if it was. My writing brain was kinda busted after y'know, a hour or two coming up with this character and writing her story. S'ppose that's all I have to say. Y'see, I was trying to write directly from the perspective of Lis, which was a spacey and derpy one. I'm not sure if I can play as a space character. I normally only play as the violent one or the sickly one, so I'm not as practiced.

I think I will be writing a totally new character, though. Came up with a cool new idea. It will take me a day or two to complete, though.
Old January 13th, 2014 (02:08 PM).
King of the Hell

Quote:
Why the blue tag?
The blue tag is a bit more on this world. Her pokemon is very destructive. It says in the description for Mewstic that it can grind a truck to dust with it's powers, so I made Espurr's powers here a weakened version of that. Her pokemon is a hazard to those around her, and she cannot be separated from her pokemon. I imagine, with many pokemon being dangerous, that they must have a way for dealing with pokemon such as hers. Thusly, the blue tag. Kinda like the scarlet letter, it's a way to send a message. I realize now this may be what some call “god-modding”, and not acceptable here. I come from a slightly different culture, the MSPA Rp section, so I apologize if anything I do is not culturally acceptable.
Yeah... But, every Pokemon is destructive, or at least, has the capacity to be. The blue tag sort of comes from nowhere and doesn't really seem to have any logical reason for existing other than to make life hard for her. My qualms aren't with the meaning of the blue tag, merely its place in the sheet and on the character as a whole. Generally, if something doesn't really fit or have much of any significance to the character as whole, I tend to have an issue with it.

Quote:
Why does she act so bizarre?
Dunno. Why does Osaka act like she has a few screws lose? Why does ANY strange character act strange? It's because they are, I dunno. The humming, not talking is a story from a friend, I just added to show that she's a little strange. There are some weird people out there.
I feel like you're acting somewhat snide because I didn't just up and accept your character, which I really hope isn't the case, as PC is a generally very friendly site. What the question means is you have to /explain/ why the character acts the way they do, whether it be through the history, or directly in the personality. You can't have someone crazy "just 'cause". Really, you can't have anything put in "just 'cause" as it takes all immersion out of the sheet and makes the character seem more lazily made and not fully thought out. Even things like humming randomly generally have some reasoning behind them.

Quote:
Why are her parents just treating her like this for seemingly no reason?
You watched SAO, didn't you? Remember Kirito's scene where he explains the relation between him, his sister and his grandpa? Japanese parents, and parents in general, sometimes tend to put a lot of pressure on their kids.
Of course I did. And I know various things about Japanese culture. However, your character's parents just seemed unnecessarily and pointlessly cruel. Their grandfather was cruel, yes, but that's certainly not the norm. Putting pressure on kids and practically neglecting them/shunning them are two very, very different things.

Quote:
No other Pokemon are ever seen or interacted with in the forest except the bonded Pokemon.
I spent like a hour and a half writing that. S'cuse me if I have a different interpretation of the forest. Like, totally and utterly. Sorry.
All I'm getting out of this is more snide.

Quote:
Additionally, you won't find anything or anyone else in this forest.
Durp-de-durp on me for having a different interpretation.
Snide.

Quote:
The opening post seems far too short and disorganized.
Sorry if it was. My writing brain was kinda busted after y'know, a hour or two coming up with this character and writing her story. S'ppose that's all I have to say. Y'see, I was trying to write directly from the perspective of Lis, which was a spacey and derpy one. I'm not sure if I can play as a space character. I normally only play as the violent one or the sickly one, so I'm not as practiced.
It's one thing to state a point in any sort of way, but it's another to repeat it this much. I'm sorry if you feel irritated because you spent this much time on a character. I get that. I've had far longer characters declined from other RPs for even single reasons. However, if a character is not up to par, that's all there is to it. The GM has the power to control whether a character is acceptable or not. I'm not going to let an unacceptable character by because, well, it's not acceptable.

Quote:
I think I will be writing a totally new character, though. Came up with a cool new idea. It will take me a day or two to complete, though.
Good move. If you'd like, you can show me before you work on the opening post, to make sure your next character is proper.
Old January 14th, 2014 (04:45 PM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by Manska.
Silver Tier

Here we go :D

Character Name: Kathryn Wiles
Nickname: Kat, Kit, Kitten (Shae only!)

Appearance:

Kat is extremely short for her age, just barely breaking five foot tall; the fact that Shae is minutely taller than her is a common point of needling between the two. While not quite malnourished Kat's body is practically devoid of fat, her active lifestyle and less than stable food source simply leaving her with a thin, wiry build of muscle. The thin build and lack of height makes her look much younger than she is, something that annoys Kat greatly and which she tried to combat with tight clothing.

With tanned skin and dark auburn hair Kat, for the most part, doesn't look particularly unusual for a Kanto native, perhaps a bit south of where people with her hair would usually reside. Her eyes, which are a dark, reddish colour, show that she has a bit of foreign blood in her but without knowing her father she doesn't know from where. Kat wears her hair in a very long ponytail, tied off behind her head with a black ribbon.

Kat tends to dress very simply and in dark colours that don't show dirt much. A sturdy black hoodie has served her well over the years and, preferring clothing that lets her move easily for climbing, she also wears a pair of dark denim shorts and black leggings, finishing things off with a pair of expensive looking and comfy trainers she swiped one day. She does own an old trench coat made of thick, navy-blue cotton for cold weather but it is big enough that she can barely move in it and so it spends most of its time rolled up in the backpack where she keeps her belongings.

Personality: Kat is an odd mix of outgoing and shy; she tends to be very quiet and avoid physical contact that she hasn't initiated, dancing around the edges of a group and listening to their conversations more than actually getting involved. Kat tends to warm up to pleasant people fairly quickly but even then she still acts shy. Usually her warming up is shown in minor ways, a small prank played on them, small sentences contributed to their conversations, small bits of physical contact. It is here that Kat's social awkwardness reveals itself. Kat spent much of her life alone and often isn't quite sure how to talk to people; she is excellent at reading the emotions of others but not at expressing her own. Kat often gets stuck in the odd situation of wanting the companionship and friendship of other humans, but once she gets it she doens't quite know what to do with it. Even among her best friends Kat isn't particularly talkative, that is a privilege reversed for Shae, her Soulbond. Kat tends to value Shae far above other humans and often when it seems she is being silent and withdrawn from a conversation, she is actually just talking to Shae telepathically instead of talking to other humans.

Despite her quiet nature Kat is generally a rather cheery person. Unless something is specifically bothering her it is rather rare to find her without a smile on her lips. She hums various tunes as a habit and if she thinks she's alone can often be found singing softly. Kat is quite mischievous and will sometimes play pranks on those around her. Depending on how much she likes someone these can range from small, harmless jokes to more malicious pranks. Despite her hang-ups with actually communicating with people Kat distributes these pranks freely and confidently.

Kat lacks certain social rules that others have. She has a habit of stealing things for various reasons; because she wants something, because someone annoyed her, because something had been left out and it was just too tempting... she isn't quite a kleptomaniac but there are moments when she can't quite keep her hands to herself. Kat is very adept at moving quickly through crowds and is a skilled pickpocket, especially when Shae helps her out with her illusions. She also has a habit of resorting to her fists when she is more than a little angry, though she doesn't really have the strength to back it up.

Kat has a fondness for high places. She likes the feeling of being above everyone; able to see them but not actually having to deal with them. She's very skilled at climbing, fitting herself into small space and just generally making her way swiftly about a difficult environment because of this.

History: Kat has lived in Fuchsia City for most of her life, her parents died in a car accident when she was young and because of this up until when she was a teenager she had never even left the city. While she lost her parents young enough that she never really missed them she had a rather unhappy start to her childhood. She hated the orphanage that she grew up in and was never able to get along with the other children there. As children are wont to do Kat was rather over-dramatic about her situation and at the age of seven. Fortunately for her as she ran away she inadvertently made her way into the Forest of Spirits and quite literally bumped into her Soulbond, a Zoroark named Shae.

Shae was much older than Kat and she took care of her, the pokemon not feeling any reason to take Kat back some place she was unhappy when she felt qualified to take care of her. Whether she was correct about this was debatable but with Shae's illusion ability the pair were able to avoid any attempts to take Kat back to the orphanage quite easily. Being alone with just a pokemon for company probably wasn't too good for Kat's mental health but Kat was too young and Shae too proud to accept this.

With Shae's illusion abilities and Kat's natural agility the pair were able to easily survive in the city, picking pockets and swiping unattended food, and when times were tough Shae would catch food for the pair of them. Kat was hungry and cold a lot but she felt much happier living like this as long as she had Shae with her, and she had an unreasonable fear that the orphanage would take Shae away if she went back. Through good and bad times the pair survived in Fuchsia city for over ten years. Though they made some trips to neighbouring cities as Kat got older the girl knew Fuchsia city like the back of her hand and it was the easiest place for her to survive.

Kat had never heard of Team Rocket, and certainly had no intention of joining in some mission to try and stop them, until one cold night when she, or rather Shae, became the victim of an attempted kidnapping by a Rocket Grunt. Thankfully the "attempted" was just so, through a mixture of illusions and brute force Shae was able to escape the Rockets despite being injured fairly severely. Kat's first trip to a pokemon centre wasn't a pleasant one and if she hadn't already been as angry as humanly possible at the Rockets for hurting HER Shae, the residual pain that bled over as the nurses worked on her would have made her so. Within hours of leaving the Pokemon Centre Kat and Shae were hunting for Rocket members and looking for some way to get revenge and it was while doing this that she found the flyer that called her to the Fuchsia Gym.
Pokémon: Zoroark
Name: Shae

Appearance: Shae doesn't vary in natural appearance much from your average Zoroark, and the ways in which she does are mostly subtle. Her reds are a fraction darker, her dark chest fur extends a little bit lower and her left ear has a tiny chip taken out of it. For the most part only Kat or another Zoroark would be able to pick these differences out. The only major difference she has is that around the blue orb that holds her mane together Shae wears a black ribbon almost identical to the one Kat uses in her ponytail.

As of the start of the roleplay Shae has several newly healed cuts across her torso and arms. These will eventually heal leaving small scars.

Personality: While she has never told Kat her exact age, it was clear from the moment they met that Shae is very old. Well, "very" is a subjective word, especially when it's being used to describe a seven year old's interpretation of old. Still Shae is much more worldly and experienced that her young Bonded and in the early years she practically acted at Kat's mother.

Fortunately age hasn't dulled Shae's love of a good prank, something that brought her and her human close together. Under normal circumstances Shae is the more reserved and careful of the two when it comes to risks but she does have an adrenaline junky side to her that Kat has spent many a year learning how to provoke.

Shae tends to have a rather ruthless way of looking at the world and you could make a solid argument that she cares very little for any being in it that isn't Kat. Shae would happily kill to protect her and would probably consider it just to keep her happy. This protective streak runs a bit too deep sometimes; Shae can find it hard to look past Kat's faults and more than once they have done something extremely stupid because Kat was convinced it would work and Shae went along with her. As the above might suggest the two have a very loving relationship, closer to that of a mother and child or younger and older sisters than the typical relationship between human and pokemon.

Opening Post:

The nurses at the Fuchsia pokemon centre weren't quite expecting a physically sound girl to come staggering into their centre, looking half dead and dragging a heavily bleeding Zoroark behind her, but they certainly reacted quickly. Within seconds of entering the building Kat had been mobbed, given a heavy dose of painkillers and then bustled away to a comfy chair while Shae was wheeled away into surgery. The combination of drugs and exhaustion meant that Kat was quiet, but the girl was far from calm as she sat there and thought. Thought about the black clad men who had attacked them, who had tried to take Shae away from her. Kat didn't sleep a wink that night, she just sat there and simmered in her anger, focusing on each twinge of pain that got through as Shae was healed.

Several days later when Shae was eventually healthy again if sporting several new scars, the pair left the hospital with vengeance and anger in their minds. Fortunately before they could head off and hunt down the man who had hurt them, a stray gust of wind blew a very important piece of paper into their path.

---

Several days later found Kat and Shae crouching on a rooftop near the Fuchsia Gym watching carefully as people arrived to answer the message. The anger that she had felt was still just as strong as it had been but it was tinted with nervousness now. She wasn't used to doing something like this, purposely putting herself out there and having to interact with people; she was more used to ignoring and avoiding them unless they had a particularly tasty looking wallet. She shifted nervously on the rooftop as she watched, pressing herself a bit closer into the Zoroark besides her.

"What d'you think Shae?" she asked softly, raising one hand to run her fingers through the thick fur of the pokemon looming behind her. The Zoroark tilted her head and thought for a moment before muzzling against Kat comfortingly, It'd be safer than going after them by ourselves." she said softly through their bond. Despite how protective she was over Kat Shae didn't actually have to fight often and losing so badly had shaken her. She wanted revenge as much as Kat but she was nervous about confronting the Rockets by themselves.

The people didn't look so threatening from up here, they looked small and like they were in another world. That would change when she actually got down there though; they would cease to be vague figured that she could just watch and actual people that she had to talk to. With a sigh Kat squeezed Shae's paw and then started to make her way down off the roof, dropping down to the ground nimbly and trying to sound more confident than she felt. "No time like the present then."

Password: Soul Eater
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)