The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
YoshiMoshi
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Do you think if Wii U Discontinues Nintendo will stop existing as a company all together or they will continue making portable games. I'm just wondering if Wii U fails they will stop making portable Pokemon games. What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Introvert
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: leading the revolution
Gender: Male
Nintendo have more than enough money to survive even if Wii U sales flop to the point where they stop making them. It wont look good on their part but the company will be just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old December 24th, 2013, 07:26 PM
BadPokemon's Avatar
BadPokemon
Child of Christ
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somewhere in the universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Wii u and portable games are separate. I don't think that would happen any time soon, even if wii u stopped getting money. The wii u has actually made more money in the first month than the xbox 360 and ps3 did.
__________________
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old December 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Endless's Avatar
Endless
& by looking through
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York, USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
BadPokemon's right; Wii U has nothing to do with portable games. If Wii U ever stopped selling though, for whatever reason, Nintendo will not stop existing as a company either. It'd take a whole lot more for them to become in-existent, in my opinion. :p Anyway, this doesn't really belong here; it'd fit better Video Games. If you don't mind, I'm going ahead and moving it there!

Moved.
__________________
is the outside.
family :: partners :: people
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old December 24th, 2013, 10:23 PM
\/'s Avatar
\/
Grey Cat
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
Nintendo have more than enough money to survive even if Wii U sales flop to the point where they stop making them. It wont look good on their part but the company will be just fine.
Like Nintendo, Blackberry and Nokia also have large amounts of "money". Unfortunately, Blackberry can't seem to find a buyer, and couldn't raise enough money to go private. Nokia was an older, larger, and richer company than Nintendo is today when it was bought by Microsoft.

I think Nintendo as a company will be around for at least another decade, but consider this: Nintendo's revenues are only twice that of Sega, and their held assets are slightly smaller than Blackberry's.*

Even if Nintendo as a company goes bankrupt or is bought out, their games will most likely still be made and developed by most of the same people since their development studios would be bought by rivals.






*hehehehe
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
They predict Nintendo's bankrupcy since the N64 days. Nintendo's still there.
__________________

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old December 26th, 2013, 01:28 AM
acatfrommars's Avatar
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kentucky
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
I think that Nintendo will survive. I think that a lot of the companies that are in the works of producing games for the WiiU will suffer more than anything. There will be no Bayonetta 2 or Smash 4 if the WiiU discontinues an that would be heartbreaking Good thing I haven't purchased a WiiU yet or I'd be super ticked.
__________________

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old December 26th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Azure Rathalδs's Avatar
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Nature: Serious
Nintendo are in a much better position that they were with the Gamecube. If they do discontinue the Wii U (which they won't, the system has only been out of about a year), they will just replace it with a new console. And the 3DS is also being a huge money maker, so the idea of them going bankrupt is stupid.

They survived with the Gamecube, and the Wii U is in a similar situation.
__________________
| TuMbLr [X] | NoWpLaYiNg [X] | PoKéSpHeRe [X] |
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old December 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
DowntownDumpling's Avatar
DowntownDumpling
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
The 3DS, not only the Wii U, will have to go under for Nintendo to even be in the conversation for being bought out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pära View Post
Nintendo are in a much better position that they were with the Gamecube.
Really? The GameCube sold about as much as the Xbox. The Wii U is poised to do even worse than the Dreamcast if its first-party titles don't turn its game around big-time.
__________________
"Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
-Me
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
MKGirlism's Avatar
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Netherlands
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Nintendo chose a wrong name, to begin with.
The name "Wii U" made many people, no matter they're gamers, journoes, Developers, or parents wanting to have their kids playing games, simply confuse about what it is.
Eventually, Mario Kart 8 won the Gamescom Awards, for being the 'best Wii game'.

Other than the name, Nintendo clearly cares a lot more about the Nintendo 3DS, than for Wii U.
No care from Nintendo = No care from 3rd Parties.
No care from 3rd Parties = No care from Nintendo.

But nonetheless, I'm one of the 3rd Parties, which continues to support the Wii U platform.
__________________
~Yami
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
My boyfriend has a Wii U and while I admit the games are quite fun, it's still just a Wii to me. I haven't yet played on a PS4 or Xbox One so I can't comment on how diverse they are from the Ps3/360 predecessors, but the fact that the Wii U is basically just a pretty Wii with half of a DS enlarged and made into a controller is what put me off getting one to be honest. It's kind of like if I took any Wii U games, they'd be just as good on the wii as they are on the wii u. And while the screen is a cool feature, it's one of those things that gets boring after a while. I wouldn't be upset if they discontinued it, tbh. But as has been said, Nintendo is a big enough company and it has many other options before it gets to the danger zone.

In my honest opinion I think the best thing they can do IS discontinue the Wii U and take a long hard sit in a meeting room and come up with something that can actually stand up to the new consoles. It's been out for a year and usually that is enough for a console to show it's worth and sadly for the U, it hasn't done anything but the opposite of that.
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old December 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
countryemo's Avatar
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Littleroot Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Lol wow. Nintendo won't discontinue it, probably not. They can carry it till the next one.
And the 3DS and mobile gaming was DEAD for the first year or so, then boom it became a wild sucess, and if I remember right the PS3 wasn't so hot for the start of its life, despite ps2's sucess.

Honestly while Nintendo could've pushed more at launch, its getting better. I'm fine with the name, love it. And I love the system. It has better games that I'd enjoy out and coming out compared to the other systems.

The Wii U could be selling 1 Million a month, have a base of 6Mill, and third-party will still kinda throw it down. Why? Becuase of the company "Nintendo". They could be doing great and still not get that acknoledged, "family" "kid" and all that. While there have been games that proved otherwise.

Plus Nintendo has been a flop plenty of times. Virtual Boy, so on.
__________________
PC Mentions: Best Little Sister ever | Credits | My Amazing Pair
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
the fact that the Wii U is basically just a pretty Wii with half of a DS enlarged and made into a controller is what put me off getting one to be honest. It's kind of like if I took any Wii U games, they'd be just as good on the wii as they are on the wii u.
....what

So the Wii is just a Gamecube with motion controls?
The PS3 is just an Xbox 360 with free online?
The 3DS is just a DS with 3D?
The PS4 is just a stronger PS3?

It all sounds so silly. You can make the same criticism to every single console.

You can play Super Mario 3D World on the PS1 if they wanted to make it on it during that time, doesn't change the fact it won't be as good as it is now due to hardware limitation. Same thing with the Wii. Crap, you could say the same thing to every single game this gen. inFamous looks like it can play just fine on the PS3, Tearaway could be on the PSP, Killer Instinct seems like it could easily work on the 360, etc. but so what?

Sorry, but with all the problems the Wii U has, calling it a glorified Wii above all else seems super silly. It is, but so is every single console.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
....what

So the Wii is just a Gamecube with motion controls?
The PS3 is just an Xbox 360 with free online?
The 3DS is just a DS with 3D?
The PS4 is just a stronger PS3?

It all sounds so silly. You can make the same criticism to every single console.

You can play Super Mario 3D World on the PS1 if they wanted to make it on it during that time, doesn't change the fact it won't be as good as it is now due to hardware limitation. Same thing with the Wii. Crap, you could say the same thing to every single game this gen. inFamous looks like it can play just fine on the PS3, Tearaway could be on the PSP, Killer Instinct seems like it could easily work on the 360, etc. but so what?

Sorry, but with all the problems the Wii U has, calling it a glorified Wii above all else seems super silly. It is, but so is every single console.
I see where you're coming from and I accept it is similar, but the features that they have upgraded on the other consoles have been significant upgrades. And they've added stuff. As far as I'm aware, all the Wii U has done is made a really bad "POST ABOUT THIS" after each level social flop in Miiverse, (still can't believe they've added this to the Ds...)

If you look at the features the newer consoles added/upgraded from, you'll see that 90% of the time they are actually significant where as the Wii U just kind of added things and did them badly, leading to it being just a pretty Wii. The proof that this is true is the whole point of this thread: It's doing ****. It needs changes; better changes, or a complete change. They need to look at all of the additions they made to it and fix them.

Also, I am only comparing the Wii U to the Wii. Your comparing the PS3 with an Xbox etc. is irrelevant. They are different companies with different products. They didn't develop the PS3 from the Xbox 360. 3D is a significant addition, it adds a whole new scope to the games that no other console has done before. It was a good idea. The Wii U is developed from the Wii. And it's not a significant enough change to warrant it being a decent console. It's good because it's a Wii, but it's not good because it's supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT. That's what the new consoles have done, IMPROVED. Not beautified.

The whole thing about playing games on a Wii, I am referring to the ones such as Wii Sports etc where they have basically just Wii U'd a Wii game and it has come out exactly the same as its previous attempt. Infamous obviously has different graphics which needs a more advanced engine, with the case of the Wii, this is significantly less as it isn't driving for graphics and is more for a family friendly console. This is why it would be better for them to develop more breakthroughs like the 3DS. The 3DS did awful to start off because it didn't have the right games and thats what I feel is the only way the Wii U is going to redeem itself, with games like Bayonetta 2 that are new, different and exciting and not just the same old Wii we knew and loved, but don't want to buy at 4-5x the price because it has a different name and another screen.

If you still disagree, give this a read: http://nintendo.about.com/od/toppick...-Will-Fail.htm

I cannot fully back up my opinion as I haven't yet played PS4 or Xbox One, but as I've played a Wii and a Wii U, I'm making a comparison between the two in _my_ opinion.
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."

Last edited by Lindblum; December 29th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Wii U's failure isn't that it's not bringing new changes (lol), it's Nintendo's dumb idea for a name and their lack of proper marketing.

All you're saying is "the Wii U didn't bring anything new to the table like all the other consoles!" without really providing any explanations. Uh, introducing off-tv play? A touch screen on a controller that is actually useful? Good social network in Miiverse? Way better online capabilities and much stronger hardware with HD (how the hell is this not an improvement in its own, or are you telling me the Wii is as capable as a Wii U?)

Gamecube to Wii was: Motion controls, online and home menu. How is that way better than the Wii to Wii U? And 3D is significant (and the PS3/360 did it) but something like Gamepad and Miiverse that can actually be beneficial to the game design isn't? Come on now.


In fact if the Wii U was just a Wii 2 and was marketed as such then hell it'd have done way better.
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Wii U's failure isn't that it's not bringing new changes (lol), it's Nintendo's dumb idea for a name and their lack of proper marketing.

All you're saying is "the Wii U didn't bring anything new to the table like all the other consoles!" without really providing any explanations. Uh, introducing off-tv play? A touch screen on a controller that is actually useful? Good social network in Miiverse? Way better online capabilities and much stronger hardware with HD (how the hell is this not an improvement in its own, or are you telling me the Wii is as capable as a Wii U?)

Gamecube to Wii was: Motion controls, online and home menu. How is that way better than the Wii to Wii U? And 3D is significant (and the PS3/360 did it) but something like Gamepad and Miiverse that can actually be beneficial to the game design isn't? Come on now.


In fact if the Wii U was just a Wii 2 and was marketed as such then hell it'd have done way better.
Again you are ignoring the fundamentals of WHY it is failing and just saying "Gamecube to Wii" But motion controls were a HUGE advancement in gaming. I don't know about where you live, but when they brought out Eyetoy for the PS2 everyone I knew, gamer or not raved about it. It even got people I know who would slate gaming til the cows come home up on their feet, cracking a smile while they washed windows in a fun game that they'd never been able to play before. The Wii took this and made it GOOD and implemented it into so many games effectively. How on EARTH can you say Gamecube to Wii was not a big step? I'm pretty sure I saw on another forum in the same topic issue that the Wii sold more than the PS3 and Xbox 360. Because it was brilliant. It had brilliant games, it was new and fresh.

The Wii U, name aside, has bad games and it has had a whole YEAR and it's development periods to get good games. I can name about 2 that will make the Wii U do well, but that's it. All they have brought out so far is a **** ton of Mario games which all have similar gameplay and while Mario is all well and good the console needs VARIETY. If it can't bring anything new to the table in terms of features and add-ons, it needs to rethink it's game library and come up with something better and fast. You can't say the Wii U has a bad name and blame that on it's failure. The Wii has a weird name to begin with, urination jokes aside. There are plenty of products in the world with ridiculous names that still manage to sell.

Face it: The Wii U needs better games and/or features or it is going to FAIL. It doesn't have a saving grace left for it unless Nintendo pull their finger out. If they had decent games to advertise rather than just Mario this and Mario that, they might, as they said they were going to, bring games out that aren't just aimed at the 90 year old grannies and grandads at the local care home that want to play Tennis while they drink their tea.

As for the features: Drawing on a screen. Wow. Amazing. So while I'm playing my game I have to take the time out to take out the stylus and hold the heavy game pad in one hand while I work out what is going on on the controller screen. The only thing I've ever seen the screen used for is for looking at maps, or taping random things on the screen like in Rayman, which gets boring in seconds. It worked well for the DS because that was it's sole feature. The touch screen was what people wanted it for. It was small, light and most of the games were touch screen dominant. With the Wii U, it just seems like they added it so that they didn't have to come up with anything else. Lets put a map on there, people can move it around and shake it, they'll love that for hours on end. As I said, Miiverse is awful. Even my boyfriend gets frustrated when he gets a message after every level of Mario saying "POST ABOUT THIS GAMEEEE"
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."

Last edited by Lindblum; December 29th, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Holy crap, I never said the gamecube to wii wasn't significant. I was making a point that I could just call a Wii a glorified Gamecube with motion controls the same way you did with the Wii U.


And then you take all that back and blame it on the games. Get real. The games are there, 3D World is very critically acclaimed and supposedly one of the best games this year, same with Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U, and you got games with cult following like Wonderful 101 and ZombiU, and a remake of a very popular game in Wind Waker, amongst all others. You can't blame "same old same old" when the damn Wii had Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Zeldas, Kirbys, etc were on the top of the charts and moved a LOT of Wiis. In fact, NSMBU has an attach rate of 60%. That is DAMN impressive, for "another Mario game". And why is being a Mario game have anything to do with its quality? Mario games are KING of game design and level design since the NES days, there's a reason the series is still big. Milked or not, the series sells, so you can't go say that it doesn't. (Or say only kids or elders play it, lol.) Actually damn there are more Wii Us sold recently thanks to Mario 3D World. Your precious new IPs like Wonderful 101 and ZombiU unfortunately did NOTHING, and they're damn great games.

It's not the games (the PS4 got nothing now, explain why it's selling?), it's the name. The Wii U is awfully confusing to the general audience, there are so many people who think it's just a controller add on to the Wii. There's evidence to that, but no evidence regarding this stupid "it has no games" argument.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; December 29th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old December 29th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Holy crap, I never said the gamecube to wii wasn't significant. I was making a point that I could just call a Wii a glorified Gamecube with motion controls.


And then you take all that back and blame it on the games. Get real. The games are there, 3D World is very critically acclaimed and supposedly one of the best games this year, same with Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U, and you got games with cult following like Wonderful 101 and ZombiU, and a remake of a very popular game in Wind Waker, amongst all others. You can't blame "same old same old" when the damn Wii had Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Zeldas, Kirbys, etc were on the top of the charts and moved a LOT of Wiis. In fact, NSMBU has an attach rate of 60%. That is DAMN impressive, for "another Mario game". And why is being a Mario game have anything to do with its quality? Mario games are KING of game design and level design since the NES days, there's a reason the series is still big. Milked or not, the series sells, so you can't go say that it doesn't. (Or say only kids or elders play it, lol.)

It's not the games, it's the name. The Wii U is awfully confusing to the general audience, there are so many people who think it's just a controller add on to the Wii. There's evidence to that, but no evidence regarding this stupid "it has no games" argument.
Can you actually please learn to read and in-take what you are reading? You CANT call the Wii a glorified Wii. The Wii was incredibly more advanced. Design, Graphics, Games, Gameplay. You're an idiot if you still think that.

The games AREN'T there. Nintendo made the Wii U with the idea of "appealing to core gamers" but they've not followed through. Yes, Pikmin and the new Mario game is good. But it's not there for the core gamers. And Mario has been done on the Wii. And you are completely missing the point of this discussion. I am saying the Wii was brilliant for what it was. I have never said otherwise. But the Wii U is not. It's failing because it is just a Wii. Most people will have or had a Wii. They don't want to buy a Wii U which is practically a Wii with an extra screen. Go onto the internet which you have been gifted with, and search with the magic that is google, for why the Wii U is failing. I assure you, the name is NOT the main reason as to why it is failing. It is an awful console that had potential and unless they do something about it, it will remain so. The Wii appealed to families which are content with their much cheaper and very similar Wiis, but the core gamers who will add the cash in pocket that Nintendo makes new consoles for, won't want to even look the Wii U's way.

The PS4 has recently been released. The Wii U has been out for at least a year, if I'm not mistaken? Plenty of time to get in some good games. But nada. Playstation has promised around 150 or so new games in the PS4's first year. I can't even think of 20-30 games for the Wii U that have been significant enough for me to remember, and I'm not sure if there are many more than that, but I'll have a look.

"Since then, Nintendo has had only one real success: the Wii, which was praised for its differentiated game play -- the motion control -- and easily accessible games. The Wii U failed to generated the same excitement, and it's often criticized as being the same console with a new controller. As a result, third-party support is more important to Nintendo now more than in its previous generation." - Taken from http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...x#.UsCc1rSTIWo

I am literally not the only one that thinks this. And while you may be right with the name, it is only part of the Wii U's problems.
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."

Last edited by Lindblum; December 29th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
Can you actually please learn to read and in-take what you are reading? You CANT call the Wii a glorified Wii. The Wii was incredibly more advanced. Design, Graphics, Games, Gameplay. You're an idiot if you still think that.
You can say the same thing with the Wii U. Don't call me an idiot. (And no, the Wii wasn't a significant leap from the gamecube graphics and game-wise, far from it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
The games AREN'T there. Nintendo made the Wii U with the idea of "appealing to core gamers" but they've not followed through. Yes, Pikmin and the new Mario game is good. But it's not there for the core gamers.
Why not? Mario still has the great level design for every one and challenge for the core gamers, and Pikmin 3 is still tense and fresh with great strategy. You got Wonderful 101 which is puely for core gamers, and ZombiU brought back survival horror that these "core gamers" love. Sonic Lost World brings back classic hardcore level design, and Wind Waker, popular with the "core gamers", got a remake. Then you got to new Zeldas, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and various third party.

Just make it quick and say it's the kiddy image, which "core gamers" are stupid for thinking that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
And Mario has been done on the Wii. And you are completely missing the point of this discussion. I am saying the Wii was brilliant for what it was. I have never said otherwise.
I never did either, don't pull a strawman argument. The Wii is my favorite console.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
But the Wii U is not. It's failing because it is just a Wii. Most people will have or had a Wii. They don't want to buy a Wii U which is practically a Wii with an extra screen.
Stop repeating what you said and provide evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
Go onto the internet which you have been gifted with, and search with the magic that is google, for why the Wii U is failing. I assure you, the name is NOT the main reason as to why it is failing. It is an awful console that had potential and unless they do something about it, it will remain so.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/11/...nue-the-wii-u/
First result, blaming Nintendo for not making it another Wii and targeting the casual market.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672165
Most posts (all) backing me up with the lack of advertising and blaming the name. Some are blaming the lack of games (you see this in PS4 threads in that same forum though, so it doesn't mater), but now that settled down after Mario 3D World.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; December 29th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
The Wii U isn't going to discontinue. If anything, sales have been starting to pick up recently after the release of Wii Party U in Japan and the bundles. See this article and its comments for yourself: http://playeressence.com/vgchartz-gl...ding-12142013/
__________________
Credit goes to grundo80 from imgur for the gif
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site.
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
You can say the same thing with the Wii U. Don't call me an idiot.


Why not? Mario still has the great level design for every one and challenge for the core gamers, and Pikmin 3 is still tense and fresh with great strategy. You got Wonderful 101 which is puely for core gamers, and ZombiU brought back survival horror that these "core gamers" love. Sonic Lost World brings back classic hardcore level design, and Wind Waker, popular with the "core gamers", got a remake. Then you got to new Zeldas, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and various third party.

Just make it quick and say it's the kiddy image, which "core gamers" are stupid for thinking that.

I never did either, don't pull a strawman argument. The Wii is my favorite console.

Stop repeating what you said and provide evidence.


http://www.dailyfinance.com/2013/11/...nue-the-wii-u/
First result, blaming Nintendo for not making it another Wii and targeting the casual market.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672165
Most posts (all) backing me up with the lack of advertising and blaming the name. Some are blaming the lack of games, but now that settled down after Mario 3D World.

For goodness sake, the Wii U has added NOTHING revolutionary and that is why it has failed. So what it has a touch screen? Any crappy phone you can buy for £30 has touch screen. Touch screen is such an old feature, it doesn't get people excited or intrigued like it did when the DS first came out which was, again YEARS ago. The Wii U is pulling old features out that people are so used to they just don't create that same excitement anymore.

Most of these games that you have listed are Nintendos own brand of games. People have seem them before, and they're all similar to what they've played before. Don't get me wrong, the games are good. But they're not DIFFERENT. They need to be different and fresh to get people excited about owning and playing them. Pikmin 3 is nice, but Pikmin has been done. Donkey Kong has been done. Yes I think these games should come out as its nice to see series continuing but its the fact that theres nothing new coming to the table.

If you'd have read, I didn't say that you implied that you didn't like the Wii, I was refering to you thinking that was what I had said when it definitely was not. Please learn to read. What evidence do you want? Do you want me to go ask everyone in the whole world who did not buy a Wii U and get them to sign a confession?

That article is talking about the Xbox One using motion controls like the Wii targetted at casual gamers, I don't see it referring to the Wii U specifically under those circumstances unless you can point that out to me?

As I said and you didn't read, while the name may be part of it, the games are a bigger part. And they have said that also. ONE game will not turn the fate of the Wii U. As much as you wish it would.


"VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site. " - If you are going to quote forum posts, then you are not fit to deem this credible or not, I think?
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."

Last edited by Lindblum; December 29th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Spinosaurus's Avatar
Spinosaurus
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
For goodness sake, the Wii U has added NOTHING revolutionary and that is why it has failed. So what it has a touch screen? Any crappy phone you can buy for £30 has touch screen. Touch screen is such an old feature, it doesn't get people excited or intrigued like it did when the DS first came out which was, again YEARS ago. The Wii U is pulling old features out that people are so used to they just don't create that same excitement anymore.
What revolutionary thing did the PS4 and Xbox One do? Nothing. So why are they selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
Most of these games that you have listed are Nintendos own brand of games. People have seem them before, and they're all similar to what they've played before. Don't get me wrong, the games are good. But they're not DIFFERENT. They need to be different and fresh to get people excited about owning and playing them. Pikmin 3 is nice, but Pikmin has been done. Donkey Kong has been done. Yes I think these games should come out as its nice to see series continuing but its the fact that theres nothing new coming to the table.
Sigh. Wondeful 101? ZombiU?
And why does it matter if it has done before. You can't complain that there's no game, and then when someomne shows you the game, you shouldn't complain that "THEY'RE THE SAME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
If you'd have read, I didn't say that you implied that you didn't like the Wii, I was refering to you thinking that was what I had said when it definitely was not. Please learn to read.
...I never said you said that. Don't pull a strawman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
That article is talking about the Xbox One using motion controls like the Wii targetted at casual gamers, I don't see it referring to the Wii U specifically under those circumstances unless you can point that out to me?
The article is stupid anyway, but the way they phrased it by saying they're "stealing" their "core market" isn't good enough for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindblum View Post
As I said and you didn't read, while the name may be part of it, the games are a bigger part. And they have said that also. ONE game will not turn the fate of the Wii U. As much as you wish it would.
The other thread, everyone is admitting that the Wii U has more and better games than the PS4. What now?
Quote:
"VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site. " - If you are going to quote forum posts, then you are not fit to deem this credible or not, I think?
You asked me to Google and I got what I got. NeoGAF is a respected website, VGChartz is well know for being a scam. It's way different.

Also, since you're just being absolutely repetitive in your arguments, pulling a strawman here and there and resorting to name calling, I don't see any reason to argue any further. Sorry, but you can have fun at the thought of being on my ignore list from now on.
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Lindblum's Avatar
Lindblum
you're not alone
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lindblum Grand Castle
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Wow, you're blocking me because our opinions differ? I'd hate to meet you in real life. o.O; Also hun, you have just picked through your own faults. Repeating the truth has no sins; if it's the truth, then it's the truth. You can't twist the truth unless you lie. If you can't argue, then please don't attempt it. And if you keep throwing the same questions at me, then I can do nothing more than repeat what I've just said. I can't see any name calling, just someone who no longer has any arguments and has given in, and doesn't read the whole of someones posts.


Also the Wii U needs help. /on topic.
__________________

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Dragon's Avatar
Dragon
shadows
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Xilla
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Um, this thing has escalated...quickly.
Please gang, if you're debating, please avoid personal attacks, okay? @_@ Thanks. Annd let's get back on topic and be more caaalm~
__________________
VG | pairs | EGC | family | pokemon y
TWL | Hangout | showdown | credit

Last edited by Dragon; December 29th, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.