The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2014 (04:33 AM).
Dragon
ロイヤル ファミリー

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestintheworld View Post
Anyway back to my original point... Bryan will not enter the rumble does this change your opinion on potential winners and outcomes?
Mmm, not really. I feel as though either Batista or maybe CM Punk will win. But well, maybe CM Punk will get eliminated by Kane or some sorts so Batista might end up winning the whole thing. Then again, this is the WWE who also love to throw curve balls every now and then, so, someone random can also win for a push? ;o;
Old January 22nd, 2014 (05:02 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2014 by Peitharchia.
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Batista's won the Rumble before, but CM Punk, on the other hand, hasn't. For that reason, I think chances of Punk winning it are a little more high. Personally though, I'd like an up-and-comer like Roman Reigns to win. He may not be ready to main-event Wrestlemania yet, but still… I'm just a huge fan of the guy. d:
Old January 22nd, 2014 (05:56 AM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Nature: Naughty
My original pick was Batista because I can't see them bringing him in not to win it, but than again having him feud with delrio might indicate those two going at it at mania and I that's the case I can't see anyone else but punk winning if Bryan for sure isn't in it. I think reigns will get eliminated by Ambrose or Rollins or both hand officially end the shield.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (08:58 AM).
Jin Of The Gale
ih

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Jin Of The Gale
I'd like to join as well.

Batista's my pick to win this year's Royal Rumble and headline WrestleMania. I don't see why they would hype his return for a month, make him look bigger than he actually is, and not have him compete in one of the top two matches at WrestleMania (the other match being against the Undertaker, but I'm positive that we won't be seeing that again). Here's the confirmed list of dates Batista is scheduled to work.

Spoiler:
Posted below are the events that returning WWE Superstar Batista is scheduled for, up through the RAW on the night after WrestleMania:

January 20: WWE RAW at Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio
January 26: Royal Rumble at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
January 27: WWE RAW at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio
February 3: WWE RAW at Century Link Center in Omaha, Nebraska
February 10: WWE RAW at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California
February 15: WWE LIVE Event at US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona
February 16: WWE LIVE Event at Thomas Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
February 17: WWE RAW at Wrestling Inc. Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado
February 24: WWE RAW at Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin
March 3: WWE RAW at Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois
March 8: WWE LIVE Event at Madison Visit Wrestling Inc. Square Garden in New York, NY
March 10: WWE RAW at FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee
March 17: WWE RAW at AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas
March 31: WWE RAW at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
April 6: WrestleMania XXX at Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana
April 7: WWE RAW at New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana

Source: http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/...duled-to-work/

He's not competing at the Elimination Chamber PPV, that basically confirms his win at the Royal Rumble. Honestly, I hate the guy in and out of the ring for obvious reasons.

✝REST IN PEACE✝
Old January 22nd, 2014 (09:05 AM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I'd love for Punk to able to win, but his feud with The Authority's really only just beginning. Add the fact that he's coming in at number 1, and his chances sorta decline. Yeah, sure, people from number one have gone to win the Rumble, and if anyone should be able to do it, Punk is definitely the guy. But circumstance doesn't really make that seem likely. I'm hoping for a swerve, cause honestly, making the Rumble unpredictable is, or was, one of the best redeeming factors of the match. They might pull a Jericho/Sheamus again, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Is it likely? Eh.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (10:05 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2014 by Bestintheworld.
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Welcome Jin of gale I agree I can't see them bringing him back and not having him win. I mean besides punk and a potential Jericho return he's the biggest name. But having him feud with delrio makes me wonder a bit. I'm pulling for punk tho obviously lol. I do think a great swerve would be Ziggler snapping his down streak by winning. The rumble that would be the ultimate turn around and momentum shift. Though that's highly unlikely, so my number one pick as I said when I heard he was returning is Batista but since he's got this thing with delrio my second choice is punk.

I've been thinking about how hogans scheduled for wrestlemania and plans include piper and cena reportedly well it got me thinking about wrestlemania 1... I'm just pitching this out there... Piper, cena vs hogan , mr t or maybe even big e because he looks like him
http://youtu.be/UO1Qa6W-Dss
Old January 22nd, 2014 (02:00 PM).
JynxedOne

Nature: Hasty
Didn't know there was a wrestling fan thread on the site. If I could throw in my 2 cents..

Batista's clearly the odds on favorite. Like everyone was saying, why else come back now? I'd like to think Punk has a shot to win as winning the rumble is really the only thing left for him to do. It seems like he'll end up having a match with HHH at Mania though. Wasn't a fan of their last match, so hoping I'm wrong on that one though.

It's a total waste not having Bryan enter the rumble. They turned him back from being a Wyatt so soon because the fans aren't going to stop cheering for him. They need to take advantage of how insanely popular he is. It's so rare to have a wrestler that connects with the casual and hardcore fans like he has.
May just be because I can't stand the Wyatt family, but he's being wasted with them (I understand he's being used to help elevate them, I just can't stand them).

So since there is only one title now, what's the point of the elimination chamber? What does the winner get?
If you want to have a double battle let me know, 6 on 6 Anything goes!
Old January 22nd, 2014 (03:35 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Elimination Chamber would pretty much remain the way it is, but instead of having two Chamber matches, I'm guessing we'd have only one? If they do want to keep the second match though, then maybe they could make it for either of those mid-card titles. This would bring a lot of prestige back into them if they do.

Anyway, are there any guys that you'd like to see make a surprise entrance into the Rumble? I, personally, want to see Hulk Hogan. He could come in, eliminate a few guys, then perhaps get eliminated by a heel like Randy Orton? Hogan's been wanting to return for a while now according to some wrestling sites, and in my opinion, this would be the perfect way. :]
Old January 22nd, 2014 (03:43 PM).
JynxedOne

I keep reading WWE wants to unify the US and Intercontinental titles and that it may happen at Elimination chamber. It would bring a lot of needed prestige to them. It's been over 2 months since Dean defended too.

Dream booking, I'd love to see Goldberg show up. Spear everyone in half. Then have some young guy eliminate him. As amazing as a hogan return would be I can't see WWE letting him back in the ring. But if they did, I'd think it would be at the rumble.

Anyone think the rumble will be when the shield finally breaks up? Seeing those three in the final 4 together would be fantastic. Reigns will have a huge part in the rumble, but I hope the other two get to shin as well.
Old January 22nd, 2014 (07:58 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I'm all for merging the titles together. It'd revert the mid-card division to the way it was before and make it all relevant again. If this does happen though, and they decide to give the title a makeover, I'd like its design to resemble the World Heavyweight title. That, or the Winged Eagle belt. I'd be happy with either, haha.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (01:19 AM).
JynxedOne

Just seems odd to only have 2 singles titles, you know? Just get the feeling so many people are going to get thrown aside and the same people will be fighting for the belts all the time. May be harder to build up more main event guys
Old January 23rd, 2014 (02:09 AM).
Introvert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
To say no one likes him might be exaggerating it a bit, but his character really is stale. As for Punk, he won't be winning. The clash with HHH seems too evident. I'd be really happy to be proven wrong.

Also, to clarify what I said in the last post, Batista is a jerk as a person in real life. I guess I feel that makes him more suited as a heel in my opinion.
I'm not a huge Batista fan but I'm genuinely curious on why you think he's a jerk in real life. Does he have a bad reputation or is there something specific that he did that bothers you?
Old January 23rd, 2014 (02:28 AM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxedOne View Post
Just seems odd to only have 2 singles titles, you know? Just get the feeling so many people are going to get thrown aside and the same people will be fighting for the belts all the time. May be harder to build up more main event guys
There's still the tag belts, though. If we do end up getting only two single titles, perhaps those will finally get used more as they should have been. :p Their tag-team division looks good right now, but they just never get the chance to truly showcase it. This could change that.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (02:56 AM).
JynxedOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
There's still the tag belts, though. If we do end up getting only two single titles, perhaps those will finally get used more as they should have been. :p Their tag-team division looks good right now, but they just never get the chance to truly showcase it. This could change that.
I'm so happy they have a good Tag division again. Tag matches are always (in my opinion) the most entertaining. Always something going on in the ring. I think it's been showcased really well the past few months. So many of the main events on raw and smackdown have been tag matches and they're usually the best received matches on the card.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (04:01 AM). Edited January 23rd, 2014 by Jin Of The Gale.
Jin Of The Gale
ih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
I'm not a huge Batista fan but I'm genuinely curious on why you think he's a jerk in real life. Does he have a bad reputation or is there something specific that he did that bothers you?
He cheated on his wife with two different women when she was diagnosed with cancer because she didn't want to sleep with him. He admitted to doing so in his book and blamed her because, in his words "she wouldn't put out".

He treats his fans like crap. He turned an overweight kid down when he asked him for an autograph. When the kid pleaded, he said "Go away fat ***". Another fan asked him to sign a poster for his younger brother and he said "No, **** off" before ripping it.

This is from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Incident with Booker T

Batista's backstage problems continued at a SummerSlam pay-per-view commercial shoot. It was reported that Batista got into a real-life fistfight with Booker T. The incident was reported on WWE.com, with both men telling their sides of the story. The fight was believed to stem from the idea that Batista considered himself to be better than the rest of the roster due to his main event status and relatively quick climb to achieve it. It was said that wrestlers backstage were praising Booker for speaking his mind to Batista about his attitude.
In his recent Twitter war against Alberto Del Rio, he verbally buried the entire roster by referring to them as C level stars. He thinks he's in the same league as Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, which I find hilarious. He botched a lot and nearly gave Edge a concussion in one of his matches when Edge was going to hit him with a Spear. He was horrible in the ring and on the mic for the most part of his career, so that leads to backstage politics and him being roided up being the reasons as to how he became successful. Vince wasn't pleased when Batista wore skinny jeans on Raw because it made him look small and the appeal in Batista had always been his size. That explains what they saw in him before handing him all the titles he had won.

✝REST IN PEACE✝
Old January 23rd, 2014 (04:57 AM).
Introvert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Of The Gale View Post
He cheated on his wife with two different women when she was diagnosed with cancer because she didn't want to sleep with him. He admitted to doing so in his book and blamed her because, in his words "she wouldn't put out".

He treats his fans like crap. He turned an overweight kid down when he asked him for an autograph. When the kid pleaded, he said "Go away fat ***". Another fan asked him to sign a poster for his younger brother and he said "No, **** off" before ripping it.

This is from Wikipedia:

In his recent Twitter war against Alberto Del Rio, he verbally buried the entire roster by referring to them as C level stars. He thinks he's in the same league as Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, which I find hilarious. He botched a lot and nearly gave Edge a concussion in one of his matches when Edge was going to hit him with a Spear. He was horrible in the ring and on the mic for the most part of his career, so I assume it was backstage politics and him being roided up that helped him become successful. Vince wasn't pleased when Batista wore skinny jeans on Raw because it made him look small and the appeal in Batista had always been his size. That explains what they saw in him before handing him all the titles he had won.
Haha "get away fatass!" Wow Batista sounds like an awesome guy if you ask me. Just kidding what a douche. Yeah I knew about the Booker T fight. Truthfully I don't really care if someone is arrogant unless they actually start doing crappy things to people. Also I wouldn't take his tweets to another wrestler too seriously. Especially when they were clearly just for the purpose of hyping up their confrontation on Raw.

Regarding his treatment of the fans was he a heel at the time? I know some wrestlers even to this day will act like a heel towards fans in their day to day lives if they are playing a bad guy on TV.

I'm not necessarily justifying his behavior but I know Chris Jericho wouldn't even acknowledge fans on his way to and out of the arena during his last stint as a heel a few years ago. He said so himself in an interview so I'm not just making that up.

Now cheating is a ****** thing to do of course. The fact Batista's wife had cancer obviously makes it infinitely worse. But did he really just say he cheated because "she wouldn't put out", or was there more to it? I can't imagine why anyone would say that unless they were trying to be known as the biggest scumbag in the world. Surely he must have explained himself better than that. Why would anyone bring that up in their autobiography unless they were being very apologetic about it? I haven't read his book but surely he wasn't such an insensitive prick when telling that story. I mean the act of cheating itself is bad enough. I do think spouses at some point are obliged to fulfill each other's sexual needs, perhaps obliged isn't the best word to use but you get my point, not that I condone cheating. Still you'd think Batista would be a bit more patient and understanding in her time of need, or maybe he was and there is more to it that he did or didn't mention in his book.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here seeming as I haven't read his book or know any of the details.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (08:27 PM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

I think unifying the us and intercontinental championships is a lousy idea tbh. Is the winner going to carry both titles like orton does? Which is horrible horrible because first they said numerous times there would be one title one championship. They had that wwe universe vote for the new name and the result was the "unified heavyweight champion" or something, but the blatantly ignored that and moved on to calling it the wwe world heavyweight champion. That's disrespect to the fans one, and two the carrying two belts is cool if it's two different titles...but this is two belts for the same title.

If the combine the two and make rename it and make a new belt that would be alright I guess better than the two title gimmick. I feel the two titles are so prestigious and if wwe showcased them more they'd become more prevalent. Taking away the two heavyweight titles was a good idea but they need at least two other singles titles plus strong tag team for a truly strong card.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (09:48 PM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Don't worry; as soon as they are done with Wrestlemania, they're going to completely remove the two belts and introduce something new. I'm pretty sure. Either that, or they would probably dump one and keep the other. If they choose to go with the second option, then World Heavyweight title is the one that's most likely going to get tossed. It was originally made for WCW and not WWE, so... yep. d:
Old January 23rd, 2014 (09:56 PM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

I know all that.. I was talking about the logic behind their direction and decisions. Like I said they told us there'd be one title one championship yet Orton's still carrying both belts. If they do drop one it will be the us title but I hope they keep both strong single titles like those will fill out cards that currently resembles hour glasses.

And where did you hear of a new belt do u have a source i'd like to read about that
Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:21 PM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

She's speculating, I'm sure. It'd be incredibly strange to have the "WWE World Heavyweight Title" be two belts long term. Although I think if they do go ahead and do that, it'd be at the end of the Cena/Orton feud, which I don't see lasting (hope) till Mania.

As for the Intercontinental and US titles, they desperately need to unify them. Unify as in keep one, send the other to the HoF (preferably the United States title, looks trashy imo). The secondary titles barely mean anything anymore, ever since the draft split ended. Lessening the number of titles would hopefully put back some long lost prestige, especially if they go with the Intercontinental title. Now only if they started defending the actual titles.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (10:56 PM).
Bestintheworld
Capo de tutti capo

Article nymphadora? I'm just curious, anyway did anyone watch impact tonight?
Old January 24th, 2014 (01:31 AM).
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Unifying the IC/US titles belts would please me immensely. Ambrose has defended the belt fewer times than I can count on my hand.

Spoiler:
I was going to make a
Spoiler:
Game of Thrones
Spoiler:
Jaime Lannister
joke, but I opted against it, haha.

Big E could benefit tremendously if he has a lot of competition his way. All of the competition for the IC title, as well as the competition for the US title the rest of the mid-card.

As for Impact, I haven't watched Impact in a long time... However, I watched the promo from the American Wolves, and I am STOKED. Love those guys.
Old January 24th, 2014 (04:06 AM).
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Hold on just a second… weren't The American Wolves signed with WWE already? I remember seeing them in an episode of NXT before. Were they released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestintheworld View Post
Article nymphadora? I'm just curious, anyway did anyone watch impact tonight?
As Dakota said, it was just speculation. ^^"
Old January 24th, 2014 (04:48 AM).
Jin Of The Gale
ih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
Hold on just a second… weren't The American Wolves signed with WWE already? I remember seeing them in an episode of NXT before. Were they released?
Triple H didn't sign them because of their size. They're in TNA now.

✝REST IN PEACE✝
Old January 24th, 2014 (04:59 AM).
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Oh man, I haven't seen TNA in a very long time. Judging from pictures I've seen on dirtsheets, it looks like they've fallen very far.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links