The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I would like to see an mega Volarona, think it look a bit like Mothra

Spoiler:
Old March 14th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Wiicked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
Mega Arcanine would be amazing. <3 If it were to exist, this is what I'd want it to look:

In terms of stats, I would imagine it to have boosted Attack stat. Its fangs seem to be sharper, which would help it deal more damage when attacking with moves like Bite, Fire Fang, and Crunch. :]
That's really cool. An Arcanine with better Attack would be nice to help with Crunch and Extremespeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ178 View Post
Name: IQ178

Fire-type partner Pokemon: Arcanine and Talonflame (Land and air coverage for traveling)

Reasons for liking fire types: I really love the design of many fire-types, I love the color red, I really enjoy the Chinese zodiac theme of the Fire starters.

If I would have a Fire-type team of at least three Pokemon, they would be: Charizard, Arcanine, and Infernape. Charizard would be a Mega Charizard (Y) invested in speed and special attack and it's moves would be Protect, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, and Air Slash(maybe). Arcanine would be defensively invested with the moves Toxic, Flamethrower, Morning Sun, and Extremespeed. Infernape would be an offensive sweeper with Close Combat, Flare Blitz, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, and Mach punch. I used this team in Battle Maison Super Singles and got to 40 my first time (I lost because I made a stupid mistake).

My favorite Fire starter: This is hard. It's between Emboar and Infernape. I really love both their designs, but I might have to give it to Infernape because of the Sun Wukong/Son Goku reference.

A Fire-type I'd like to see get a Mega Evolution: Definately Emboar. I really feel that Gamefreak cheated us out of having a really good bulky Fire-type. Instead of giving Emboar an unnecessarily high special attack stat (given it's much greater access to and utilization of physically offensive moves) I think that it should have had better defenses. Seriously, it's defenses are worse than Blazicken and Infernape! Surely 80 and 80 base defense and special defense with 70 base special attack would have been better than 65/65/100. Anyway, I think this should be corrected with a Mega Evolution. Give a significant boost to it's defenses and a slight boost to attack, and maybe give it an ability called Hyperthermia which would decrease damage taken by water-type attacks but increase damage taken by fire-type attacks and allow the Pokemon to be afflicted by burns. Also, give it a sizable increase in weight to give the move Heat Crash more power. Maybe that's a little OP, but I like it.
Welcome! I like the team of three, sounds like a winning combo. Hmm, a bulky Fire-type eh? It'd be an interesting concept, but Fire-types typically aren't great for bulk, and I like the idea of Fire-types being attackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talli View Post
I would like to see an mega Volarona, think it look a bit like Mothra

Spoiler:
Oooooh, now there's a cool concept. Lace that thing with some fire and that would be a great Pokémon, although a bit scary.

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs
Owner of the Fire, Poison, and Bug-type Clubs
WickeDex! Pokédex Completion Journey
Old March 14th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I used to be in another Fire-type club, which has apparently died...so here is my SU!! :D

Name: Zorogami

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Of course Blaziken and Houndoom!! Blaziken is my all-time favorite Pokemon, Houndoom is both a great fire and dark type and a loyal friend

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: In general, i love the design of most Fire types. The red and orange colors, flames everywhere, its awesome! If fire type Pokemon were real, i think they would be really passionate and courageous Pokemon, that would fight for the trainers no matter what. Fire might symbolize destruction, but at the same time fire stands for warmth and life, or at least thats how i like to see it.

Answer to current topic: Since my two favorites already have a mega evolution, id love to see Arcanine and/or Ninetales. Both Pokemon have been around since the very first Gen, and besides some minor changes, they havent gotten any evolutions over the games. I think both Pokemon would have amazing Mega designs, adding some mystical markings to them. I dont think i would change their types around too much, maybe give Ninetails an additional Psychic, or even Fairy type! Mega-Arcanine could receive a new ability called "Engulfing Flames", which boosts Normal Type moves by 30% and makes them a Fire Type Move!!

I cant wait to get accepted into the club and meet all of you nice, fire-pokemon loving people!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I used to be in another Fire-type club, which has apparently died...so here is my SU!! :D

Name: Zorogami

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Of course Blaziken and Houndoom!! Blaziken is my all-time favorite Pokemon, Houndoom is both a great fire and dark type and a loyal friend

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: In general, i love the design of most Fire types. The red and orange colors, flames everywhere, its awesome! If fire type Pokemon were real, i think they would be really passionate and courageous Pokemon, that would fight for the trainers no matter what. Fire might symbolize destruction, but at the same time fire stands for warmth and life, or at least thats how i like to see it.

Answer to current topic: Since my two favorites already have a mega evolution, id love to see Arcanine and/or Ninetales. Both Pokemon have been around since the very first Gen, and besides some minor changes, they havent gotten any evolutions over the games. I think both Pokemon would have amazing Mega designs, adding some mystical markings to them. I dont think i would change their types around too much, maybe give Ninetails an additional Psychic, or even Fairy type! Mega-Arcanine could receive a new ability called "Engulfing Flames", which boosts Normal Type moves by 30% and makes them a Fire Type Move!!

I cant wait to get accepted into the club and meet all of you nice, fire-pokemon loving people!
Welcome! Can't argue with Blaziken and Houndoom, they are two of the best Fire-types. It's true, fire can stand for warmth and light as well as destruction, I like that. I think Ninetales should be Fire/Psychic for sure, not so much Fairy, I just don't see it. For Arcanine, Engulfing Flames? That's quite the name for an ability. That would mean STAB Extremespeed with a boost. Sounds awesome, but might be a little bit overpowered. Still very cool though.

Old March 14th, 2014, 06:24 PM
andson2016

Name: andson2016

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon: Arcanine DUH!!! Can't Forget Flareon

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: The inner strength that is unleashed from the amazing creatures. The strong bond that I grow with these Pokemon to the point that i can't put the game down. Anticipating every successful battle, taking on every challenge believing in my Pokemon 100%

Answer to current topic: Nine tales would be amazing to see mega
Old March 14th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andson2016 View Post
Name: andson2016

Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokemon: Arcanine DUH!!! Can't Forget Flareon

Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: The inner strength that is unleashed from the amazing creatures. The strong bond that I grow with these Pokemon to the point that i can't put the game down. Anticipating every successful battle, taking on every challenge believing in my Pokemon 100%

Answer to current topic: Nine tales would be amazing to see mega
Welcome! That's a quite a deep response to liking Fire-types, very nice. Also, Ninetales seems to be the popular choice here for Mega Evolution, and for good reason.

Old March 15th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
Welcome! Can't argue with Blaziken and Houndoom, they are two of the best Fire-types. It's true, fire can stand for warmth and light as well as destruction, I like that. I think Ninetales should be Fire/Psychic for sure, not so much Fairy, I just don't see it. For Arcanine, Engulfing Flames? That's quite the name for an ability. That would mean STAB Extremespeed with a boost. Sounds awesome, but might be a little bit overpowered. Still very cool though.
Blaziken and Houndoom has always been some of my favorite Pokemon in general (: Fire/Psychic is definitely a great fit for Ninetails, you might be right about fairy though, probably not the best. It does seem kind of overpowered now that you mention it...i just had to think of Aerilate and Pixelate and this came to mind. Maybe drop the Boost and just make all the Attacks be Fire-Type?

Old March 15th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

If you drop the boost, I think you'd be ok. After the boost and STAB, Extremespeed would be a 156 power move with priority. That's outrageous lol. But I think without the boost it would be okay.

Old March 15th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

I guess it would put Mega-Arcanine into Uber or banned, but oh well.
I just cant come up with another ability for him at the moment

Old March 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Just changing Normal-type moves to Fire-type without any other boosts would probably not get it banned, that really doesn't make it overpowered.

Old March 15th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

A good ability for Mega Arcanine would, in my opinion, be Speed Boost. Though, this could wind up making it overpowered, but to prevent that from happening, perhaps it could have a slight decrease in Speed stat? That way, other Pokémon would have the chance to land an attack on it or two before it becomes fast and whatnot. :P
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Speed boost on Mega Arcanine with it's regular speed stat would be outrageously overpowered, so yes, it would have to be lowered to compensate, but if it can stay out, it would be dangerous.

Old March 16th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Speed boost on Mega Arcanine with it's regular speed stat would be outrageously overpowered, so yes, it would have to be lowered to compensate, but if it can stay out, it would be dangerous.
Yeah, if we were to have a possible Mega Arcanine with Speed Boost it'd be damn overpowered and have no choice but to stay in Ubers. Just think of how dangerous Blaziken became with this ability.
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Very true, that was pretty OP, Blaziken is a beast.

Old March 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Arcanine's offensive stats aren't as hugh as Blaziken, though. If it did get Speed Boost, even without Speed stat decrease, I honestly don't think it would wind up getting banned.
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

That's a good point, and it also doesn't have the movepool and versatility that Blaziken does either.

Old March 17th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Well, Blaziken is just too much to handle
But i have to agree, Arcanine wouldnt be nearly the offensive threat that a Blaziken is

Old March 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
Gah! I haven't posted here in a while. It is good to be back! Mega arcanine should have an ability to turn normal moves into fire moves. If not, have fur coat. Make his defense stats worse and boost his attack/ speed higher.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old March 17th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

That's an interesting idea, they've never really been a defensive Pokémon to begin with though.

Old March 17th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Tayloj

Name:Justin
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charmander and Cyndaquil
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:they are good against a lot of types and they are just the coolest looking pokemon. and i first started with charmander my first game ever so i have loved them ever since
Answer to current topic:if i had to pick id say Typhlosion
Old March 17th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayloj View Post
Name:Justin
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Charmander and Cyndaquil
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types:they are good against a lot of types and they are just the coolest looking pokemon. and i first started with charmander my first game ever so i have loved them ever since
Answer to current topic:if i had to pick id say Typhlosion
Welcome! Starting with Charmander definitely sparked my love of Fire-types too. Mega Typhlosion would be pretty cool, I do like it a lot but I have trouble using it because of its movepool.

Old March 18th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Gh0stFlame
The Fire/Ghost type pokemon

Name: DJ
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape and Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Their Fiery Passion burns as fiercely as a Dragons breath.
Answer to current topic: Infernape and Reishiram because if Infernape had a Mega Evolution i would most definitely get whatever game its in, I chose Reishiram for the same reason.
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stFlame View Post
Name: DJ
Pick two Fire-type Partner Pokémon: Infernape and Charizard
Reason(s) for liking Fire-types: Their Fiery Passion burns as fiercely as a Dragons breath.
Answer to current topic: Infernape and Reishiram because if Infernape had a Mega Evolution i would most definitely get whatever game its in, I chose Reishiram for the same reason.
Welcome! "Fiercely as a Dragon's breath, very well put. Infernape is just meh to me (mostly because of the Fire/Fighting thing, I'm a Blaziken purist), but maybe I'd like it better if they gave it a cool Mega Evolution. Reshiram probably would never get a Mega Evo unless Zekrom got one too. Mewtwo seems to be the loner on legendary Mega Evos and I'm not sure why...

Old March 18th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Gh0stFlame
The Fire/Ghost type pokemon

Thanks for the welcome to the club! Zekrom and Kyurem should get mega Evolution if Reshiram get one.
Zekrom and Reshiram would keep there abilities whereas Kyurem would probably get the ability TurboFreeze (Same idea as TurboBlaze and TurboVolt.) and the Black and white Kyurem forms would also have a mega evolution too... probably a fusion of Mega Zekrom/Reshiram and Mega Kyurem. The 5 Mega Evolutions would most likely be put in the Uber Catergory.
Old March 19th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Quote:
Reshiram probably would never get a Mega Evo unless Zekrom got one too. Mewtwo seems to be the loner on legendary Mega Evos and I'm not sure why...
If they ever get one, it would be both or none of them, i agree.
Mewtwo got one and apparently Latios/Latias have one, as have been leaked.
So although i dont think all legendaries will have one, who knows, maybe some will

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links