The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
There's a difference between feeling alone and feeling lonely. Feeling alone isn't that bad (everyone likes being alone at some point. It's necessary), but feeling lonely is something that nobody should ever have to experience. You can feel lonely when you're around other people, but I find it hard to feel alone around other people.
Old December 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

I think the small hours haunt us all, when we're alone. However loneliness is an important part of self-reflection. It's important to be able to be confident in being alone, fear of it is actually a sign of a broken or frail mentality. Those who are afraid of being alone usually have memories or thoughts that hurt or upset them. So I tend to enjoy alone time and so forth, but too much of it can be bad for anyone, really.
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Do I like being alone? I was going to say not really, but I'm taking that back, actually. It all depends on how life is for you when you're alone, or it does for me anyway. If I'm happy, and I'm alone, I'll be happy, cause my mind's focused on whatever's putting that smile on my face. In times like those, nah, I don't mind being alone at all. It's those times when you're sad or unsure, or hell, depressed, where being alone feels like you're being waterboarded by your own mind. Memories eat away at you, gnawing at every shred of endurance you have, until eventually you have nothing left and you collapse.

So yeah, it depends, really.
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I feel out of place all the time in my family. I feel like, since I cannot speak Spanish (I could only understand a tiny bit of it, but not like that matters much), that I cannot communicate effectively with a large majority of them, and as a result, would just sit there awkwardly while my mother and my sister engage in conversation with everyone and I'm just the oddball.

It's situations like these that make me think and feel a lot lonelier than I am. I also feel somewhat out of place in my job, but I think that's slowly not going to be the case anymore since I'm beginning to socialize a bit more with others. ^^;
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:03 AM
V-Create
You have no power here

Nature: Mild
I love being alone most of the time because I submerge myself in books (I forget reality), but after that I snap back in real life.. and I just want to feel people.. like cuddling or something.
I feel like I'm satisfied with just THAT and nothing else.
Physical contact, nothing sexual, just so I know I'm not lonely in this world.. but even I can't get that whenever I need it most.
It's just a sinking feeling and you can't help but wish someone would just hug you tight the way you hug people tight and just piece together that broken part of you that you don't even know you have. So deep but true.

Feel better y'all, I'd give out really tight hugs if I could!!

TESTING

Damn,this ain't str8babygurl >{PROFILE|VM|PM} -MemberofAO
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Spoiler:

This..we all might feel lonely sometimes but some people know how to enjoy that! :)

Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Bruce Banner
Unleash the Beast
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
I prefer to be alone most of the time, but that also seems when I reflect on my past the most and that makes me feel really bad about myself. There are some nights, late at night where I just feel like udder crap and I hate it. No matter who you are, ever human needs some sort of companionship in their life at some point.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Big difference between being alone and being lonely. I like being alone at times because I can be on my own and have none of those gross lonely feelings.

With loneliness though, I hate it (who likes it tho). That horrible empty feeling, it's just ugh no thank. Like there's nothing worse than being with a group of friends and feeling lonely. And I feel like I can't talk to them about it because they don't understand the difference so yah it's just a big gross mess when I feel like that.
Old January 10th, 2014, 04:35 PM
SwordLord

Nature: Impish
I've always been a lone wolf, it's my nature. I have tried to change it on people's request but it just doesn't work that way. It's just like a pokemon's nature, there's no way to change it (other than hacking LOL).

Surprisingly enough, at my current job, a lot of people there have no idea of how antisocial I am and ironically my job requires me to be super sociable. I have to be approachable and people say I do a great job at socializing. So, I came to realize that sometimes, even though your nature may be "lonely", the situation can influence the outcome of your sociableness (is it even possible to say it?).

On the other hand, while I'm not at work I'm pretty much a lone wolf. People in my French course even asked me one day if they have a contagious disease that keeps me away from them.

In the end I came to realize one thing: we can be alone in the crowd, we are always alone no matter what. Is there really anyone out there or is life but an illusion? We can never tell, let's try and enjoy it for what it is.

"We are all bound by our experiences. They are the limits of our consciousness. But in the end, the human soul will ever reach for the truth... This is what Adam taught me."
-Samus Aran

[I'm sorry for reviving this topic, but it really caught my attention]
Old January 10th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Krieg
THERE'S NO FENCE ON THIS FENCE

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Controversial? View Post
I used to be very antisocial; I had social anxiety, I couldn't talk to anyone and I had very few friends.

But I think there was one point where I realised my loneliness (the last thing my ex said to me on the phone before we broke up was "Your problem is you're just lonely" and that just got to me so much) and I decided to do something about it. Every day, I try to talk to at least one person who's not a member of my family - whether it be phoning them or texting - and it's just made me much more comfortable. Even today, I've done nothing social all day, but I've facebooked quite a few of my friends. I doubt I could revert back to being asocial and lonely like I was before.
Whew... I'm not alone on this forum with SAD. Well, you had it, and I think you can vouch for me on this: It's hell.

I'm lonely all the time. People don't talk to me, because they know that it won't go anywhere because of anxiety. I can't help this, but you know....

Loneliness can actually be for the better. If your really angry at the world, you need to be alone, so you won't hurt anyone else.

Loneliness ins't that bad of a feeling, eventually. Once you've been lonely for 9 years, you get used to it.
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Evanlyn
What a drag...

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Evanlyn
Lonely? I feel lonely very often. I grew up near a town where pretty much everyone in it didn't want anything to do with my family. We were 'those weird homeschoolers'. We had a few 'friends', but I've never had luck with friends.

I was the one who was too young to hang out with my older siblings, and too old to hang out with the younger one. My only 'friend' turned on me and nearly raped me when I was 10.

Since then? Fake friend after fake friend. I can't help but feel that nobody actually wants me around. I've always had trust issues because of this, plus my Autism that I was born with.

So yeah, I've always had people around, but they didn't want me there, which I think can be worse than being completely alone.

Now, even though I think I have some friends, I can't help but feel afraid, I can't help but doubt. I'm tired of fake friends, and being alone because of it.

I don't view being alone in itself as bad, but when people give you hope that you don't have to be alone, and then strip it away like you're worthless. That's just horrible.
Old January 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Sylphiel

Feeling lonely? I do sometimes, especially when my mood's not the best (and I just somehow swing to the thought of "omg I have no one to turn to right now ahhh", regardless of my actual surroundings).

However, compared to the amount of time I actually spend alone, I actually don't get that lonely that much. I'm the kind of person that doesn't tend to do well for long among a lot of people, so I'd far rather spend my time by myself or with one or two other people, tops.

Then again, I also then tend to go talk to people online while I'm by myself, so I'm not entirely sure how much that counts...
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Wolf Masin
American Wolf

Nature: Naughty
Love being alone listening to music but I have to interact once in awhile just so I don't go off the deep end that's what I believe n also need hugs once in awhile to feel not so lonely besides that fact most people I've met r fake n its like ugh come on why bothr

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~

Last edited by Wolf Masin; January 11th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Passenger
Retired
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I am used to be lonely, it's pretty normal for me. Actually I prefer being lonely, because I'm a lone character.
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I despise being alone, because there will always be points where I have problems I can't do alone and in need of support.
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
There are times that I want to be alone, and there are times that I want communication and interaction with people. I much prefer doing things on my own, but there can be times that I'll feel depressed because I lack that human interaction. Being along is alright as long as you don't spend too much time by yourself.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Faye Rose~
Resilient
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Faye Rose~
I used to be able to go weeks without talking to anybody really. But now I get really emotional and usually need an army of people to talk to me and listen to my feelings, and if I don't talk to people I hold in all my emotions and it usually leads to depression.

The Rainbow Connection

TheZenTraveler
Sopheria

4012-4551-1244
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Do I feel lonely? Well, let me just ask... oh, wait.

I feel lonely a lot when my friends are hanging out and I'm not with them, just because I dislike heavily being excluded.

Old January 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Retribution
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I never felt lonely in my life.
I don't think it's a sad feeling, most of the time, you feel lonely when no one is around or no one wants to talk or something. You can do a lot of things while nobody is around.
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
I like solitude sometimes. It's nice to be alone and do your own thing. However, there are times where I need someone and I'm thankful I normally have them. When I don't, I've done some bad things that I regret.

Then, there's people like my girlfriend who always needs to be around people or she'll let her mind wonder into bad memories and it plays a toll on her.

I think if people can find a good balance between solitude and people they can truly be happy. However, everyone has different balances.

Old January 13th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Dragon_Trainer_
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
I think that feeling Lonely can be translated to feeling alone............ If you are around folks you know and like, you feel occupied and happy. But if you are around folks you don't want to know and no one there gives a damn about you, then it would be classified as lonely........

Alone is when a person is left to their thoughts and ideas........... Like when you study alone or when you sit and watch TV.............

Both of these may or may not mean the same thing............

Feeling lonesome is the time when people feel the need to talk to someone......... It makes them feel as if there is no one left in the world to talk to but that is usually not true.......... It also makes them reflect on the happy(less likely) and sad(more likely) moments of their life....... A person may also be exposed to his memories about a person they have true feelings for and may think about what they should do next........ It is a time when people are forced to be alone and remain confined to themselves.........

I personally like being alone most of the times because I dislike unnecessary company or even the company of my friends............. I prefer solitude to group company.......... It is probably because I am afraid at heart that I may commit a mistake and be laughed at............. But this thread isn't about that...............

And Where is my Arcanine Mega Evolution?!

By XVaporeon!

Do you think you have what it takes................?
Come join the Dragon Pokemon Club........

Old January 14th, 2014, 12:41 PM
New Eden
(✿◠‿◠)
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I do feel lonely sometimes, but it's often when I kinda put myself into it, like it being two in the morning and being the only person awake, or if I dropped some plans with somebody and change my mind seconds after the last minute.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
lozzop

Going to school means I don't really have the option to be alone for most of the time, only on the weekends, but usually I'm pretty busy then, and I have my abnormally large family to put up with. Whenever I'm alone for a longer amount of time, which is like once every couple of months or so, it's kind of like eating a piece of chocolate, I savour it for as long as I can, and I enjoy it for a bit, but after a while the novelty wears off and it's just boring, I find myself craving human interaction again if you can believe it. Usually that's when I turn to facebook.
But being alone isn't necessarily a bad thing imo, it's nice to be alone with your own thoughts for a bit, but people are nice to, I guess.
Old January 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

I mostly have to be alone because it's the only way I recharge my energy. It's just how introversion works. That and I tend to have periods of time where I really just want to be productive, and I can't do that in largely populated areas with a bunch of chit-chat. I admit it's probably more of a failing of mine, considering it's not so bad when I'm around strangers I can just ditch or among friends that I don't mind the additional chatter (to a degree), but going forward in my career? Eh... working in games requires open communication, which makes a lot of sense in practice, but that also opens the door for a lot of inane chatter which I really don't want or need (especially considering a lot of it is frankly immature). Didn't like it at the last job I had, can't say I look forward to it again. :\

I just like working in the zone, which requires silence, which usually requires me being either alone or with people who are comfortable working in silence as well. To answer the question, I like being alone, but being with other "green" personalities that need quiet to recharge and focus is just as fine. As for loneliness, I don't really get that. I've got people I can simply fire a text message to if I wanna shoot the breeze.

I should mention that I can handle one person being chatty if we're the only two people in the room. I can work and talk simulatenously, though I won't promise undivided attention. However, the company is nice at times (unless I'm doing something that requires concentration).

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old January 14th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Usually I feel lonely when my parents say they're going shopping but wind up being gone for like 6 hours or more because they committed to other things without telling me (which unfortunately happens a lot).. but other than that, I have things I could do online if I ever feel lonely.
This. I go half-days without communicating with a live person, and it doesn't help that my parents run off to do their things and my brothers are engrossed in their ps3's or jobs. For non-family, I can go weeks. I'm not close to anyone irl and my classmates end up using me for notes and the like. So, I'm plenty happy finding other things to do online. I have plenty of people to chat with and plenty of videos and gifs to stare at. Other times it eats at me.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links