Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old December 30th, 2013 (08:01 PM). Edited March 13th, 2014 by Jegretis.
Jegretis

Nature: Jolly

~SU Status: Open~

| THE STORY |

The country divided, currently stands at a point of civil war between two factions. Otherwise a peaceful region, Sinnoh tends to be full of tension nowadays. King Tasmus’ quest for power has finally begun, leaving many to wonder what fate lies in his hands. The death of Tasmus’ late father has left his power-lusting son in charge of the country, along with his plans to create the Sinnoh he longs for. Although his intent is not violent, his motives are still unclear to many of the inhabitants of Sinnoh. As a direct result shortly after the crowning of Tasmus, various rebellion groups formed, as an attempt to stop any invading forces led by Tasmus himself. Considered a felony and treason, many resistance groups have been captured and punished, forcing to lead a life of hard labor, torture and shame, and locked up in prison.

Mt. Coronet is the dividing point of Sinnoh, with Tasmus’ castle, known as the Bronze Castle, being located on the far eastern side. As of now, most high risk criminals get sent to Coronet Prison, as well as rebellion groups of the such. With many of his soldiers on duty at various towns and villages, one can be sure that he has eyes seeing every move even when he’s not present.

| SETTING + WHERE YOU COME IN |

This RP takes place in ancient Sinnoh. I’m not going to give an exact time period, but if you have ever watched Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and you remember the scene where they go back in time, that would be a rather good approximation. You will play as a character who may have been affected by the civil war in some way or another. You are not a knight, nor a member of a rebellion group, but instead a regular civilian. You may be going to school for something, working, or maybe even just doing nothing at all except mooch off your rich parents and live the life of having fun. Your character will soon realize that they will be caught up in one of the most life-changing events.

Since the RP takes place in ancient Sinnoh, there of course going to be some changes to the world of Pokemon. Firstly, there are going to be added towns/villages in Sinnoh that are not present within the games, along with name changes to some of the pre-existing locations. They are as follows (list is excluding new locations):
  • Twinleaf Town retains its name
  • Sandgem Town retains its name
  • Jubilife City, or often referred to as the Commercial City of Jubilife
  • Oreburgh Valley & Oreburgh Mines
  • Floaroma Valley
  • Eterna Valley
  • Hearthome Town
  • Solcaeon Village
  • Veilstone Canyon/Veilstone Cliff
  • Pastoria Marsh
  • Celestic Village
  • Canalave Bay
  • Snowpoint Valley
  • Sunnyshore Bay

There are also no trainers of the such in this RP, nor are there Pokeballs. Instead, a Pokemon must be befriended for someone to own one, and it usually follows its owner everywhere they go, unless left at home and such. Some knights/soldiers fight alongside their Pokemon war, although it is not encouraged for them to fight in war. Instead, Pokemon battles still do exist in this RP, and even now, considered to be a sort of sport and a good pastime. At the start of the RP, your character will already own a Pokemon, whether it is a family Pokemon, or their own. Your character will be able to befriend more Pokemon as the RP progresses, but will use their first Pokemon as their main Pokemon. There will also be many, many times when your character will need to fight alongside your Pokemon, in which case your character will need to choose a weapon.

Many Legendary Pokemon in this RP don’t exist yet. Such as Mewtwo, Genesect, as well as man-made Pokemon such as the Porygon line. Arceus only exists in legend, and most of the other legendaries (Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, etc.) are only stories. Lesser legendary Pokemon such as the birds, do exist, however for RP purposes they cannot be seen until I say so. Also note, that some Pokemon are also considered to be ‘rare’, more specifically Dragon type Pokemon. I’m not saying that you can’t have a Dragon-type, I’m just saying that they are rare. Same goes with Fairies. Pokemon Centres do not exist, but instead are known as 'clinics'. As in regards to food, only some Pokemon are edible. Mostly fish Pokemon, such as Magikarp, Goldeen, Krabby, etc. Lesser animals also exist, such as small fish and small insects. With that said, this RP is not really sandbox, but there will be many times when you will be able to go out and do whatever you want.

| THE SHADOW |

The Shadow is the name of one of the biggest resistance groups in Sinnoh. Rapidly growing in size, they have many recruits all over the region, and happily accept anyone who wants to join. Some may say that their measures are a bit extreme, however, they believe that it is necessary to do so in order to put an end to Tasmus. Most of them have the mindset that if you are not with them, then you are against them, which is why many choose not to get into confrontation with any of them. Keep a look out, and make sure not to run into any trouble with them unless you know what you are doing.

| BATTLE RULES |

Let’s get down to battles rules shall we. If your character decides to have a Pokemon battle with another RPer, I have some rules you must follow. Firstly, we are following the games in terms of accuracy level of moves. So if it has 100% hit rate, then it’s always going to hit your Pokemon. Secondly, you only have three dodges per battle. If you want more dodges, than use up a moveslot for an evasion attack, or lower your opponent’s accuracy. That’s pretty much it. Potions and other hand made items do not exist in the RP, however berries, gems, and other similar items are available and can be used during battle.

Rules:
  • All forum rules apply
  • No god-modding/bunnying
  • Please stay active. I know, life gets in the way of stuff, but please let me know if something happens. If you plan to be away, let me know and we’ll sort something out.
  • This is rated T, which means some swearing is allowed, romance/sexual content, and obviously violence. Obviously no huge amounts of gore. This is not a horror movie. Blood to some extent is allowed, such as being attacked by a wild Pokemon, or getting punched in the nose or something along those lines. Don’t go around slicing people’s stomach.
  • No Mega-evolutions until later on in the RP.
  • Six is the maximum move limit, otherwise your Pokemon will need to forget a move to learn a new one.
  • Not really a rule, but have fun!

Sign-Up:
Spoiler:

Name:

Appearance: (an original character that you made please).

Personality: (Give us insight on how your character acts, traits, etc.)

History: (How has the war affected you? Has it affected you a lot, or not much? Tell us about your childhood, family, jobs, etc. Keep in mind Tasmus has not done anything such as attacking cities/towns.)

Hometown: (Where is your character from? Make sure they currently reside in Twinleaf Town.)

Weapon: (Just a pick a simple weapon. Nothing too spectacular for now. Your character will not have their weapon with them at the start of the RP).

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: (What Pokemon does your character have? Is it a family Pokemon, or your own Pokemon that you befriended? Does it have a nickname? Make sure your Pokemon is a first stage Pokemon, and isn’t anything too overpowered such as a Scyther or Kangaskhan. It also does not have to have a Mega Evolution.)

Ability: (what ability does your Pokemon have?)

Attacks: (What attacks does your Pokemon have? Only one egg move, no TMs/HMs, and a maximum of three moves for now).

Personality: (Give a brief personality section for your Pokemon.)

My Sign-Up:
Spoiler:

Avant Ayers
Spoiler:

Name: Avant Ayers

Appearance:

Avant is a tall fellow, standing approximately 6'3", and weighing in at about 225-230lbs. Working a labor job for quite a while has given him a pretty solid/muscular build. More on the bulky/fat side, he isn't that lean. Taking good care of his skin, it is free from acne or scars which many people his age tend to get. Most of the time his beard is shaven, but after a little over a week of no shaving, he tends to get a bit of stubble, and even longer without tending to it will often result in a scruffy or rugged look. This often suits him, and goes good with his short black hair. His eyes are dark brown, almost black if not seen from up close. He just wears a fitted light, pale blue short-sleeved tunic. For pants, he wears light brown pants, made out of a tough denim-like material. For shoes, he wears simple black boots that he picked up at a local shop for a cheap price. He doesn't like to spend more money if he sees a similar item is of lower price.

Personality: If someone wanted a friend that they could rely on, Avant would be your guy. He’s loyal, and never turns his back away from his peers. He can get timid and shy at times, however this usually occurs when he is embarrassed about something such personal issues, relationship, etc. Otherwise he is fairly open about most things. He rarely gets offended by much, and will pretty much answer any question thrown at him, with the exception of the occasional embarrassing question where he will make up an answer. The only things he would probably find offensive would be if someone were to make fun him personally, or family. Other than that, he is a fairly carefree and honest person. Don't get him wrong though, he will still throw in the occasional white lie here and there. Sometimes being sarcastic, it is obvious when he is kidding around or being serious. He is usually positive, often finding the need to lighten the mood at times. He is also on the more competitive side. He loves friendly competition, and occasionally gambles for money, items, and other minor things. A lot of times, he will get cocky, often throwing out insults at other people, or trying to make himself better than he really is. He also shows a violent side of himself when he gets mad. When it comes to direct fist fighting, he can certainly hold his own, and is known to throw some hard punches, and go all out. He can also be a flirt at times.

History: Born into a rather larger family of four children, Avant is the only boy in the family other than his father. With two older sisters, 24 and 22, Avant was definitely the odd one out growing up. His sisters would often take advantage of him and tease him for some sibling love. It wasn't until his younger sister was born, that he took on a older brother role, often playing with her and making her laugh. He also has quite a big extended family, all over the region, as well in other regions. As he got a little bit older, his father took him down to the lake to start working with him in the labor industry. Although physically taxing at first, Avant was able to adapt and as he grew older, he was able to perform tasks with more ease.

One day on the job, he ran into a Bulbasaur that was sheltered by a tree near the mill. It was young, and seemed to be a child, so Avant asked his father if he could take it home to feed seeing as the parent was nowhere near. His father agreed, and Avant took it home, where it quickly became acquainted with the family, and later stayed at their house. Although Avant has used it for a couple of battles, it doesn't really have much experience, and spends most of its time wandering around town, sleeping, or eating.

As the war came around, things were changing. Business increased at the mill, as more orders were coming in, so Avant was naturally more busy. However, news about other towns up north starting to get tensed up with King Tasmus surfaced. Guards from the Bronze Palace/Castle came to Twinleaf with regular visits for reasons unknown with a crack down on criminals. Now rumors of a resitance group growing in Twinleaf have occurred, and Avant is certain things in Twinleaf will start to change.

Hometown: Born and raised in Twinleaf Town.

Weapon: Just an ordinary steel sword for now.

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Bulbasaur [Root]

Ability: Overgrow

Attacks:
  • Giga Drain (egg move)
  • Tackle
  • Leech Seed

Personality: Root is a rather quite and calm Pokemon. He tends to spend most of his time just wandering out in town, and coming home to eat, sleep, and repeat. Occasionally he will go with Avant or one of his sisters for errands, but other than, Root is a fairly patient and tamed Pokemon.

Accepted:
Spoiler:

1) Avant Ayers [Bulbasaur | Root] ~Jegretis
2) Grant Hawkins [Misdreavious | Sam] & Clara Warde [Riolu | Rex]~TheZenTraveler
3) Izaak Sharpe [Aron | Iron] ~ThisOrTheApocalypse
4) Nieves Johnson [Growlithe | Huojin] ~Tixen
5)
6)
7)
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:22 PM).
Kikpanther
Not a beginner that's for sure
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kikpanther
HEY I'M GOING TO TRY AND JOIN BTW I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU JUST IN CASE OK

cool.
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:25 PM).
The Last Sentinel
Beginning Tracker
Community Supporter

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to The Last Sentinel
Same here Jegretis. Nice looking RP you have here by the way. :3
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:36 PM).
Jegretis

Yeah no problem guys, looking forward to SUs. Also, why the caps Kiklion?
Old January 3rd, 2014 (09:52 PM).
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to TheZenTraveler
would there be a way I can reserve a spot? I'll have an SU up by the end of the weekend.
AJ in The Hoenn Diaries- IC/OOC
The image above was provided by LakituBroz
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:19 PM).
Kikpanther
Community Supporter

I'm just very excited for this RP.

Does it matter what level our pokemon are on at the start of the RP?
Old January 3rd, 2014 (10:23 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2014 by Jegretis.
Jegretis

Alright no worries ZenTraveller, I'll be looking forward to your SU!

@Kiklion: Oh okay lol. As for the level, this RP isn't really based on levels like in the games, but I guess if you want a good estimate, I would just say somewhere between 5-10.

EDIT: sorry I forgot to mention this, but when making SUs, remember your character must currently reside or be in Twinleaf Town.
Old January 4th, 2014 (05:25 AM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by <Challenger>.
<Challenger>
One lean, green, fighting machine

When it comes to your RP's, Jegretis, they're always excellent! Count me in please!

Spoiler:

Name: Jeremy Thane

Appearance: (an original character that you made please).

Personality: (Give us insight on how your character acts, traits, etc.)

History: (How has the war affected you? Has it affected you a lot, or not much? Tell us about your childhood, family, jobs, etc.)

Weapon: A regular blacksmith's hammer

~

Pokemon Species + Nickname: Charmander: Drake

Ability: Blaze

Attacks:
Ember
Crunch
Dragon Rage

Personality: (Give a brief personality section for your Pokemon.)
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:55 AM).
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Carnivore Chie
I'm interested in giving it a shot~

"You need to eat more meat!"
Old January 4th, 2014 (09:19 AM).
Jegretis

Yes, you guys are all reserved. I shall put you down in the list (in the first post).
Old January 4th, 2014 (12:37 PM).
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Cool. Just need to see your sign-up or somethin' of the like to know what to shoot for.

"You need to eat more meat!"
Old January 5th, 2014 (06:45 PM).
Jegretis

@Alby: I added my own SU to the main post if you need it. I'm still somewhat adding to it though.

Also, note to everyone: I added a hometown section to the SU, so if you want you can put your character's hometown in there if you find it to be easier.
Old January 9th, 2014 (11:24 AM).
Jegretis

Just a heads up, 3 more days until reserves reach the 1 week mark, in which case reserved are lifted.
Old January 9th, 2014 (02:31 PM).
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Jegretis:
Just a heads up, 3 more days until reserves reach the 1 week mark, in which case reserved are lifted.
No prob, I got caught Up in the personality so I decided to write the history of my character first XD that's why mine is 4 days late
Old January 11th, 2014 (07:33 PM).
Carnivore Chie
A Total Meatatarian

Sorry, but I just can't get anything good to come out of my head for this. Go ahead and open up my slot, sorry for the inconvenience.
Old January 11th, 2014 (08:44 PM).
Jegretis

@Alby: That's alright. If you ever want back in, let me know.

With that being said, there's still a spot in this RP if anyone wants in. Reserves also end tomorrow, thought I should let you guys know.
Old January 11th, 2014 (09:37 PM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by TheZenTraveler.
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

Name: Grant Hawkins

Appearance:
Spoiler:
General: Grant is rather short at 5’ 4”, and on the slim side at 150 pounds. He’s fairly muscular for someone who doesn’t work out, although most of it is from work. Even though he’s 19, Grant’s build makes him look younger at times.

Facial features, Hair, and Headgear:
Grant’s face is ALWAYS dirty and oily, because 90% of the time he is working inside various large machines. He has lively green eyes, which often make him look determined and His light brown hair is always short, probably because he doesn’t want to get it caught inside of the machines while he is working on them. He also does not grow facial hair, though he often wishes he could, so he could have a goatee. Grant keeps a pair of tinted goggles attached to his head no matter what, they have kept his eyes safe from various hazards since his father gave them to him as a gift years earlier.

Clothing and accessories:
Grant’s clothing directly reflects his workplace, it’s always dirty. For his shirt, he wears a white (or at least It used to be) dress shirt, that has many permanent oil stains and smudges. Over the shirt Grant wears a brown vest, which in fact is the cleanest part of his attire, because he will take it off before he works on machines. He wears dirty brown slacks, which also house a small Stainless steel mechanical pocket watch with a full hunter case. Grant carries all of his stuff with him, in a leather satchel; though he really doesn’t own much, except a sketchbook with all of his various scribbles and inventions inside.

Personality:

Spoiler:
Grant is… A tad eccentric, He has lived alone since he was 13 and his only main social outlets have been machines, as well as Sam. This being the case, one can often find Grant arguing with the machines he has to repair, or out enjoying his off time to Sam his Pokémon friend. Though he is an oddball, Grant is a very friendly person; unfortunately his antics often leave him looking a little immature. His idea of friendly greeting is a clever prank that he will often orchestrate with the help of Sam. Grant absolutely despises being called an immature child, and will on occasion treat this or similar accusations as scrapping words.

Grant does a lot of inventing on his free time, most notably is his hang glider, which was a failed sustained flying machine. Though many of his inventions end in failure, this only compels him to further his attempts to make more innovative designs and Grant is currently working on device to help him get around faster, though he hasn’t really started yet. If for some reason he finds inspiration, he will stop what he is doing to write down his ideas. This often can be at the worst of times and it contributes to his erratic behavior.

When left alone without Sam, Grant will always tread down a path that is detrimental to his health; he may feel what he is doing is right, but It will always sap from his overall health over time. No one knows why Grant chooses this method, only his subconscious truly knows.

History:
Spoiler:
Life has always been different for Grant; he was an only child, and he lived on the fringes of twinleaf town, away from all of the children. His parents worked long hours in town, so from a young age, Grant used his Imagination to keep him company. His imagination manifested itself into the creation of things, which eventually lead inventing. At the age of 10 Grant built his first prototype of a flying machine, which failed miserably, but served only to fuel his passion more.

At age 12, Grant’s mother moved away, to work at a new job, to better support the family. Grant’s father brought him to mills, so he could learn the trade. Grant was blown away, not by the tedious labor that his father was attempting to teach him, but by the machines in the mill. Though they were crude, the constantly moving sprockets and gears seemed to have put his imagination into overdrive.

After a few weeks of watching the machines while his father worked, a rather large machine broke down. When the foreman stated that they wouldn’t be able to get a technician for two weeks, Grant offered to try and fix it. He was able to not only fix the machine, but to fix it so well, the foreman decided to offer him a job. With the approval of his father, Grant became the Technician for the twinleaf sawmill.

When Grant was 13 his life changed drastically, His father was detained by soldiers for conspiracy to commit treason. Soon after, Grants mother stopped sending letters or payments for the house. Unable to understand what had taken place, Grant resolved to work harder, at both his job and at inventing. By age 14 Grant had maximized his time working and inventing and minimized his “off-time”. Many of the workers noticed that this heavily affected Grant’s ability to socialize with the outside world, the Mill was in fact his life.

About 3 months into his 14th year on the planet, strange things began to happen around his home the few times he was there. Things being misplaced and messes being made, It was almost as if someone was sneaking in while he was at work, to play practical jokes on him. Grant was very displeased, seeing that what little free time he had outside of work would be better justified if he was designing new inventions, and not cleaning up messes. One day, Grant caught the joker red handed, or Red haired to be exact. A small ghost had made his house into her Home; it could be hypothesized that the Creature must have mistaken the house to be abandoned and began to fight back, when he began to move into her territory.

Now that He had caught the small ghost, Grant was conflicted as what to do next. Workers at the mill recommended exorcising the poltergeist and continuing with life as normal. Grant found this to be a rather quick fix, but he saw something. He saw a small creature who wanted a home, If he could prove that this home was his, but also allow the spirit to be a tenant he could perhaps have a friend outside of his constant work. In other words Grant realized his sanity and his savior in the friendship of this Pokémon.

Over the next few months, instead of inventing Grant spent his spare time at his house, befriending the rather mischievous spirit that had taken up residence in his home. Proving that the house was indeed his took less than a day, though the ghost did not give up her pranks. Grant didn’t mind though, feeling that it was somewhat pleasant to have a friend to kid with, he accepted the pranks as a friendly gesture and eventually adopted the idea to great everyone with pranks. This delighted the ghost, who eventually accepted Grant as a friend and became a permanent resident of the Hawkins house.

When Grant turned 16, Things looked bleak for him; since he had worked things out with Sam, his ghostly friend, Grant returned to work. He often overworked himself, and many people wondered if perhaps he worked so hard, to drown out all doubt and questions of what had become of his parents. Sam could sense something was wrong, and began her efforts to set Grant upon a path that didn’t end in self destruction. Though no one knows how It happened by the time Grant had turned 17, He had recovered from his downward spiral, though rumor has it, Sam bound her destiny with his.

In the present time, Grant can be found hanging around town and generally being a nuisance with Sam. Now Grant only works when the Mill absolutely needs repair and spending most of his serious time inventing whatever takes his fancy. Sam looks after him, making sure that he stays out of anything that could be detrimental to his health.

Hometown: Twinleaf

Weapon: Large Monkey wrench (club)

Pokémon: Misdreavious, Sam

Relationship with Grant:
Sam is the resident ghost at the Hawkins house, She bound her destiny with Grant to save him from working himself to death. Since that time, the pair have been completely inseparable.

Ability: levitate

Attacks:
Psybeam
Astonish
Destiny Bond

Sam’s personality:
Spoiler:
Sam is a practical joker, often pranking Grant to keep his spirits up. Though most of her pranks are of good taste, they will grow more violent towards people she: doesn’t like, Is jealous of, or Is being bad for Grant. Although she is a Pokémon, Sam Is like a Big sister to Grant.

When Grant was working himself to death, Sam bound her soul with his. She accompanies him everywhere, even if normal people cannot see it. Taking her time to enjoy a few clever pranks now and again, Sam will often get Grant in trouble with the townspeople.

Often Sam’s watch over Grant will become rather overbearing, preventing Grant from doing things that are even the slight bit dangerous.

When out enjoying a day with Grant, Sam will often be the life of the party, encouraging a relaxed lifestyle over that of a life of hard labor.
Old January 12th, 2014 (09:23 AM). Edited January 12th, 2014 by Jegretis.
Jegretis

Wow Zen, your SU is fantastic! I don't think you needed to write that much, but it's really good. You are of course accepted.

Also, IC thread is already up, so you can post if you want, or just wait for the others. But I may as well tell you guys what your first post can/should be.

1) It is morning right now, and your character is out and about town. Your post can be anything from your character doing errands to strolls, as long as they are in town.
2) There are soldiers wandering around, but they won't really do anything other than patrol.
3) Feel free to talk to other characters.
4) No battling yet.
Old January 12th, 2014 (06:36 PM).
Kikpanther
Community Supporter

Watchman and I will get our SUs in by Wednesday. Sorry for the wait!
Old January 12th, 2014 (08:27 PM).
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

I may as well wait for a few others to join up, although this gives me plenty of time to brainstorm what my character will be up to XD
Old January 13th, 2014 (09:06 AM).
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Reserved this space for my SU.

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/user/25081-chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old January 13th, 2014 (06:52 PM).
Jegretis

@Kiklion: Alrighty, looking forward to seeing them.

@chaoticlapras: Yes, you are reserved. Also, you need to delete your post from the IC thread.
Old January 13th, 2014 (11:58 PM).
chaoticlapras
Ziggy Stardust

Oh yeah. I forgotz you could delete posts. About halfway through my SU, which should be complete this afternoon (GMT)!

Find me on RPG Maker forums http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/user/25081-chaoticlapras/
I'm more active there than on here, if you need me drop me a PM or something.

Give me cookies or die...
Old January 14th, 2014 (12:17 PM).
Jegretis

No problemo chaoticlapras. Let me know if you need any help. That goes for everyone else too. If you are having troubles creating a character just shoot me a vm or pm.
Old January 16th, 2014 (11:29 AM).
TheZenTraveler
Free love, isn't free
Community Supporter

How's everyone doing so far?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links