The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:08 PM
TheGamingKiddo
Donator Tier 1
Community Supporter Tier 1

So, I've literally just hatched 2 shiny Eevee's in a row. Although they don't have the best natures, their IV's are really good. So it makes me wonder, what have been your luckiest moments throughout this game so far?
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Pendraflare
Megapede in the Shadows
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I'm not certain, but I would say encountering a shiny Floatzel during a Wedlocke Challenge while I was training for the eighth Gym. Unfortunately I didn't complete that Wedlocke, I backed out in Victory Road after an extremely stupid choice caused me to lose my only answer to Wikstrom and Malva to a critical hit. =(

I also encountered a 4 flawless IV'd Charmander (31/31/31/?/31/?) over Wonder Trade. Then the next day (Thanksgiving), I bred a Jolly one with 31's in all but Sp Atk. Then the next day I used it to breed a completely flawless Jolly Gible with Iron Head, Iron Tail and Outrage.
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:28 PM
Phangy
Master

Nature: Lonely
catching both X and Z with only sleep powder and 1 ultra ball each. didn't even have to weaken them.
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:35 PM
TheGamingKiddo
Donator Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flareblitz37 View Post
I'm not certain, but I would say encountering a shiny Floatzel during a Wedlocke Challenge while I was training for the eighth Gym. Unfortunately I didn't complete that Wedlocke, I backed out in Victory Road after an extremely stupid choice caused me to lose my only answer to Wikstrom and Malva to a critical hit. =(

I also encountered a 4 flawless IV'd Charmander (31/31/31/?/31/?) over Wonder Trade. Then the next day (Thanksgiving), I bred a Jolly one with 31's in all but Sp Atk. Then the next day I used it to breed a completely flawless Jolly Gible with Iron Head, Iron Tail and Outrage.
Wow that's pretty lucky and sorry to hear about the bad luck streak. Almost like my 3 days of straight egg hatching to still not get my shiny froakie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phangy View Post
catching both X and Z with only sleep powder and 1 ultra ball each. didn't even have to weaken them.
I'm sure they've increased the capture rates for the legendaries, i didn't even put them to sleep or anything, and I caught one with a quick ball first time, and another with only 2 Pokeballs because I forgot to stock up. Might have just been some golden luck though.
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:49 PM
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Nature: Relaxed
A while back, I made a batch of Scythers, but none of them had Technician, so I WTed all of them off. After 7 or 8 WTs, I noticed at the last minute that one of the Scythers was a shiny, and I was too late to cancel. Yesterday, the gods of Pokemon thanked me, and I was given a Shiny Tododile in return!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 31st, 2013, 07:59 PM
UseTheRNGLuke
The RNG is strong in this one.

Wow, that's lucky. Even with the lowered shiny rates if you were using Masuda TWO IN A ROW would be 1/466,489. Regular would be an insane 1/16,777,216, worse than the chance of winning the UK lottery (1/13,983,816)

Last edited by UseTheRNGLuke; December 31st, 2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: "National Lottery" linked to the lottery for some reason.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:01 PM
TheGamingKiddo
Donator Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicD View Post
A while back, I made a batch of Scythers, but none of them had Technician, so I WTed all of them off. After 7 or 8 WTs, I noticed at the last minute that one of the Scythers was a shiny, and I was too late to cancel. Yesterday, the gods of Pokemon thanked me, and I was given a Shiny Tododile in return!
I'd literally be beating myself if I did that :O
I'd love a shiny Totodile though, I wish I got lucky catches over the GTS.
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Sopheria
You're Indestructible
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have four very lucky moments that stand out:

1. I got an HA Froakie in my very first Wonder Trade.

2. I caught Zygarde in one turn: I had my Mawile use ice fang, Zygarde froze, I used a Dusk Ball, and boom. Caught it.

3. I ran into a shiny Floatzel in Victory Road just yesterday. I almost KO'd it, because for some reason shinies don't seem to sparkle during horde encounters, and shiny Floatzel's coloration doesn't make it stand out as shiny. I just said "Why is that one Floatzel paler than the others? Graphics glitch, maybe? Oh snap, it's a shiny! For the love of god, don't kill it, Cathy!"
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Saw a shiny Greninja up for trade in GTS for a Heatran, which I happened to have at the time. It turned out to be hasty protean 6IV and is now being cloned by none other than myself.
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:59 PM
Shimokane

2 days ago, I was giving away perfect natured Meowths with 2 egg moves to people over wonder trade. After around 4 hatches, I got a shiny one with its hidden ability and perfect speed IV! I named him after my cat, Toshi!

Just now, I traded my shiny Luvdisc for a Level 100 Japanese Lugia.

Please click these dragons to help them grow :3
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:51 AM
Kobiashi

Think my luckiest moment had nothing to do with shinies but instead came during my elite 4 challenge, was down to my lucario, charizard and umbreon and I had forgotten to stock up on my revives... turned out I didn't need then and dropped all of dianthia's pokemon winning me the championship.. never been prouder of my umbreon.

Or it could be when I hatched my shiny dieno only 4 eggs in
Old January 1st, 2014, 05:12 AM
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

Nature: Hasty
Probably catching Mewtwo in a pokeball at full health.
Old January 1st, 2014, 06:03 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
Hatching a male and female shiny Ralts in the space of 5 eggs
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:24 AM
insectrepellent

I found a shiny Garbodor in my second or third encounter in a Friend Safari, that was pretty lucky.

I also got a shiny Floatzel through Wonder Trade, also pretty lucky.

Shinies:
Fishing: Skrelp (Dragalge), Basculin
Friend Safari: Dedenne, Garbodor, Dunsparce , Swanna, Chansey (Blissey)
Trade: Floatzel, Grumpig, Starmie
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:34 AM
LicensedJet
Playing Pokémon Y ~

Nature: Serious
I have had only two lucky moments in Pokémon Y so far;
★ Receiving an Adamant Chespin as my starter Pokémon
★ Deciding to register a Passer-by from the PSS after a battle, turns out they have a Ditto in their friend Safari!

47 0255 6583
Old January 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM
Nug Sando

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingKiddo View Post
So, I've literally just hatched 2 shiny Eevee's in a row.
What are you, some kind of wizard?

I've caught 2 shinys in random encounters (pawniard and panpour,) other than that haven't gotten terribly lucky.
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

- Female Chespin as my starter on my first try
- Hatched a female Chespin with 6 perfect IVs
- Caught a Ditto in the Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs (a 1 in 1024 chance, yeah?)

Old January 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
So, I've literally just hatched 2 shiny Eevee's in a row. Although they don't have the best natures, their IV's are really good. So it makes me wonder, what have been your luckiest moments throughout this game so far?
I had this happen, but with Sandshrew. It took forever to get my first one, but I finally did.

I went back to day-care to take the parents off and bank them, but the day-care man had one last egg to give. I accepted it (even though I didn't need it) since I was in a good mood and hatched it anyways.

Also shiny!

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 1st, 2014, 01:22 PM
TheGamingKiddo
Donator Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseTheRNGLuke View Post
Wow, that's lucky. Even with the lowered shiny rates if you were using Masuda TWO IN A ROW would be 1/466,489. Regular would be an insane 1/16,777,216, worse than the chance of winning the UK lottery (1/13,983,816)
What's the actual rate of hatching one with the Masuda method? That was the one I used, but I can't believe its so damn lucky to have got them :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I had this happen, but with Sandshrew. It took forever to get my first one, but I finally did.

I went back to day-care to take the parents off and bank them, but the day-care man had one last egg to give. I accepted it (even though I didn't need it) since I was in a good mood and hatched it anyways.

Also shiny!
Haha, exactly how I felt. Shiny Sandslash looks pretty rad tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
- Female Chespin as my starter on my first try
- Hatched a female Chespin with 6 perfect IVs
- Caught a Ditto in the Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs (a 1 in 1024 chance, yeah?)
Wow, that's pretty damn lucky. I would love to hatch a perfect 6 IV, I especially need a decent ditto D:
Need to get a friend with Ditto in their safari.

Last edited by TheGamingKiddo; January 1st, 2014 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:20 AM
TheSyren
Veteran Breeder

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to TheSyren
Maybe it wasnt Lucky, but it made me feel lucky:

yesterday, i was breeding Ninetales and i had hatched a pretty good one. went to go get the parents back but i couldnt because there was an egg waiting. got the egg, went t get the parents and another egg had appeared. it kept happening for about three more cycles until i rejected an egg. none of them hatched shiny, but 5 perfect IVs in all five eggs seems pretty lucky to me, so i thought i would share.

or getting a critical capture on Mewtwo with a Premier ball. that one was cool.

Trainer Type: Breeder
Current Work: Charmander

I take requests for fire types and grass types, so please, send in breeding requests.

LF: Chlorophyll Cottonee/Whimsicott
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:10 AM
James
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
Ive posted this story in the shiney pokemon section but its so lucky that i just had to post it here to. I happened upon my very first shiny pokemon wild encounter in ANY pokemon game ever when i found my shiny Fraxture. After that i was so pumped about shinys that i learned about the Masuda Method and decided to give it a try. 8 charmanders in i got a shiny charmander. Later that night i tried out The Method with ralts and was able to get one in less than 15 eggs. That was the luckiest day i ever had.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
UseTheRNGLuke
The RNG is strong in this one.

Quote:
What's the actual rate of hatching one with the Masuda method? That was the one I used, but I can't believe its so damn lucky to have got them :3
1/683 is what I heard for X/Y, I'm not sure exactly how reliable it is though. I don't think it's gonna be any lower than 683, that's already pretty low for shininess. What you got was probably less likely than been struck by lightning this year (1/280,000). If all 7,000,000,000 people in this world hatched 2 Masudaed eggs, chances are only 15,000 people would get both shiny.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Death
The Pale Horseman
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I hatched a 5IV Shiny Scraggy without even trying and using the Masuda Method. And with the same batch of five eggs, I hatched a 6IV Scraggy. The difference of a shiny and regular Scraggy is so slight, that I'm surprised I didn't accidentally release it like the others. haha

Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:19 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

One of my luckiest moments would have to be when I was inflicted with PokéRus while getting through Route 14. I was battling a few wild Pokémon on my way, so that's how I got it. My unluckiest moment was when I encountered a shiny Litleo, and made it faint by landing a critical hit. xD" All I was trying to do, actually, is weaken it up a bit.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Hikamaru
ラグラージ
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Running into a shiny Drifloon when I was trying to find an Absol. Decided to catch the Drifloon (her nature and ability isn't very bad) and yeah eventually got the Absol afterwards. At least that Drifloon now holds the honor as my first shiny encountered in Kalos.

Sponsored Links