Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old January 2nd, 2014 (05:05 PM).
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Nymphadora:
My unluckiest moment was when I encountered a shiny Litleo, and made it faint by landing a critical hit. xD" All I was trying to do, actually, is weaken it up a bit.
That's some bad luck

You can actually catch Pokemon without weakening them in the new version. There's still a chance to fail, but it's not as bad.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 2nd, 2014 (06:15 PM).
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
Well, lucky and unlucky I guess. I was breeding a competitive Galvantula, and I got a 4IV shiny Joltik on my first egg. Only one problem though. It had unnerve. While this may not seem like that big of a deal, without compound eyes, my use of Thunder is now useles. So, now I'm attempting a shiny Joltik using Masuda Method (which BETTER have compound eyes).
Old January 2nd, 2014 (06:24 PM).

For me, hatching a Shiny Ralts with good enough IV's had 4 perfect
Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:16 AM).
Huntin' Shinies!

I was chanining away for shiny Smeargle - got a shiny patch at 20, started the battle and my balls just kept failing (I was using Luxary as shiny look epic in Lux balls XD) and they failed to the point that it eventually killed itself with 0pp left. Carried the chain on and it broke at 39. Started it again and found another shiny at a chain of 15 ^.^
Old January 3rd, 2014 (03:24 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Quote originally posted by Deceit:
Well, lucky and unlucky I guess. I was breeding a competitive Galvantula, and I got a 4IV shiny Joltik on my first egg. Only one problem though. It had unnerve. While this may not seem like that big of a deal, without compound eyes, my use of Thunder is now useles. So, now I'm attempting a shiny Joltik using Masuda Method (which BETTER have compound eyes).
If you kept the other one, why not get the ability capsule from the Battle Maison? Could be a shorter amount of time spent to battle for BP than hatch another shiny.

Old January 3rd, 2014 (06:11 AM).

getting a chimchar for a rufflet in gts. Now i have every starter
Old January 3rd, 2014 (02:08 PM).
Toxic.

Quote originally posted by Superstrength79:
If you kept the other one, why not get the ability capsule from the Battle Maison? Could be a shorter amount of time spent to battle for BP than hatch another shiny.
Yeah I just realized that I could do that, looking at the thread today. I completely forgot about the ability capsule, and it's looking a lot easier than going for a shiny one (I am at around 200 hatched eggs).
Old January 4th, 2014 (02:02 PM).
Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!

Nature: Calm
In one of my Friend Safaris, I got a Dewgong with THREE perfect Ivs. Meh, it's not incredibly rare and I probably won't use that Dewgong other then for breeding, but I was still surprised.

"Hope is like a piece of string when you're drowning. It just isn't enough to get you out by itself." -Perrin Aybara
Old January 4th, 2014 (03:43 PM).

One of my luckiest moments was against the champion. I had my low-health Florges up against her last Pokémon; I decided to use Wish, thinking I could withstand an attack (since Florges has massive Sp. Def) and chip away at her Pokémon until I took it down. Florges went down after using Wish, so I brought in my Ampharos to set up Light Screen. I may have overestimated Florges' survivability, but it was a good thing I used Wish; it took both my Ampharos and my Pyroar to finish the job. If Wish hadn't restored Ampharos's health after it took that Moonblast, it might not have done enough damage for Pyroar to come in and finish the job before she could use a Full Restore. I consider this very lucky because a miscalculation on my part allowed me to win the battle.
Old January 5th, 2014 (06:49 AM). Edited January 6th, 2014 by DarkPoke001.
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
Not really in-game, but i just got Y today and thought i may had missed the Torchic event, i had not

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : Josh - ^

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

OR Shinies : Metang, Tentacool, Magikarp and Sharpedo
Old January 5th, 2014 (06:52 AM).
You know you like it, but it drives you insane.
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Another one: I was in the Battle Maison on Friday night, and I had made it to the Chatelaine Nita (I was doing Single Battles). Her last one was Tornadus, and my Garchomp missed with Rock Slide when she got in a Substitute (I had a Choice Band, so I was locked into Rock Slide). She used Double Team and I did eventually break the sub, but then she killed me with Hurricane. So I had just my Mega Gengar left, and I Mega Evolved and missed with Thunderbolt. Then she used Hurricane and not only knocked me to around 1/4 my health, but confused me.

I hit through confusion. And killed her with Thunderbolt and won the battle. That was complete justice right there.
Old January 6th, 2014 (06:15 AM).
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
I just found a random shiny psyduck while searching for smeargle.
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y/AlphaSapphire: 1993 8202 9620
Old January 6th, 2014 (06:29 AM).
Totally not a furry

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to ★Dark Soul Umbreon★
One of my luckiest moments was finding a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. had a really good nature too! I caught it with a sense of relief that it didn't blow itself up.
Old January 6th, 2014 (06:49 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Quote originally posted by ★Dark Soul Umbreon★:
One of my luckiest moments was finding a shiny Graveler in Victory Road. had a really good nature too! I caught it with a sense of relief that it didn't blow itself up.
I always, secretly dread finding a shiny Geodude in one of the Hordes on Victory Road. I tend to go there and horde farm for XP on pokes I want to level. My Pokemon of choice for that is Tropius due to it being able to Fly anywhere I want to go, Sweet Scent to draw the hordes, and Razor Leaf to blow them to smithereens

I guess you'd just have to be lucky and hope they don't all Magnitude each other and destroy the shiny.

Old January 6th, 2014 (09:18 AM).
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
I already posted one lucky event i had on the game. Which i still consider my luckiest moment. But i swear i should play the lotto or something because i cant stop being lucky in this game. I recently received a shiny psyduck in a wounder trade. I cant even remember what the other person got. I was also able to find a shiny Ursaring on the GTS for something i had like 4 of so i was able to trade for that guy. But the best would probably have to be what has happened to me within the last hour. Im currently working on Catching them all, and by that i mean 1 of every pokemon and every evolution of the pokemon. I was looking through the GTS for a Finneon and kept getting shot down by people swiping them from underneath me. I was getting frustrated so i instead went and looked up a Lumineon because i could bread it and get a Finneon. The first thing to pop up was something i could trade for so i jumped on it faster than lightning. I got the trade and when the pokeball opened in the little reveal after trading, i was looking at a shiny Lumineon. I was dumbstruck, i hadnt even looked at the picture before i traded and there it was. I about died laughing, but then i kept on going. I've been using Meowth's as currency for the GTS because a lot of people want them and are willing to trade pokemon you wouldn't believe for them. So I've had to breed a lot of them, to the point where i lost count. I do know that i haven't broken 200 meowths, but i just hatched one and it turned out to be a shiny. Now Meowth is one of my favorites, along with Persian, so i was literally speechless when that thing hatched. I swear, i could probably win the lotto if i played. :D
Old January 6th, 2014 (01:53 PM).
I always win.

Nature: Impish
LUCKY:
I got a shiny...

UNLUCKY:
Hippopotas.

Normal

Shiny

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:43 PM).

Nature: Gentle
I've been pretty lucky as far as shiny Pokemon go (I've caught about 17 unique shinies so far and evolved a couple: Charizard and Rapidash), but today I think I feel the luckiest!

This afternoon, I caught a shiny female Ponyta in a friend safari (my second shiny female Ponyta, the first of which I caught yesterday). Then later on, as I was horde battling on route 12 to level her up and evolve her into a Rapidash, I ended up encountering and catching my very first horde shiny (a male Wingull)! A little while later, I evolved my shiny Ponyta into a shiny Rapidash and not more than 5 horde encounters after that, I encountered and caught a shiny Mareep (which is what I've been hunting for on route 12)! The only unlucky part? The Mareep is male (I wanted a female). >.>

I'm pretty excited about these two horde shinies, as they are my first shinies outside of the friend safari! I will just have to keep hunting for that shiny female Mareep! I have hope now that it will happen!
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old January 6th, 2014 (10:15 PM).
the unimportant

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
I've been pretty lucky as far as shiny Pokemon go (I've caught about 17 unique shinies so far and evolved a couple: Charizard and Rapidash), but today I think I feel the luckiest!

This afternoon, I caught a shiny female Ponyta in a friend safari (my second shiny female Ponyta, the first of which I caught yesterday). Then later on, as I was horde battling on route 12 to level her up and evolve her into a Rapidash, I ended up encountering and catching my very first horde shiny (a male Wingull)! A little while later, I evolved my shiny Ponyta into a shiny Rapidash and not more than 5 horde encounters after that, I encountered and caught a shiny Mareep (which is what I've been hunting for on route 12)! The only unlucky part? The Mareep is male (I wanted a female). >.>

I'm pretty excited about these two horde shinies, as they are my first shinies outside of the friend safari! I will just have to keep hunting for that shiny female Mareep! I have hope now that it will happen!
Recently found a shiny kecleon in a friend safari, that's bout it. But dang, you sound like you've had a nice streak of luck there o _ o
-Metang
-Klefki
Heres my Y FC:
4184 2997 2224 PM me before you add me

PM me for safaris I'm looking for! (I got a bunch)
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:51 PM).
Newfound Love For Togekiss

had the game 2 days, was just fishin to gain exp before the 2nds gym and BAM! Shiny Luvdisc!!!... So Gold......

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : Josh - ^

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

OR Shinies : Metang, Tentacool, Magikarp and Sharpedo
Old January 6th, 2014 (11:54 PM).

Well If I came across this thread about an hour ago, I wouldn't of been able to think of anything. But about 20 minutes ago, I caught my first X and Y shiny (second shiny ever), a shiny Tauros. He has two perfect IVs in attack and speed but unfortunately he has a calm nature (+SpDef, -Attk)

Current team:
Old January 7th, 2014 (03:36 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Quote originally posted by Warden130:
Well If I came across this thread about an hour ago, I wouldn't of been able to think of anything. But about 20 minutes ago, I caught my first X and Y shiny (second shiny ever), a shiny Tauros. He has two perfect IVs in attack and speed but unfortunately he has a calm nature (+SpDef, -Attk)
Does it have Anger Point? If so, then it's not totally bad deal. Since it has a perfect attack IV, that should make up for it some. Just EV train it max HP and max Attack, so the Anger Point has plenty of opportunity to activate

Even if it doesn't have Anger Point, you could always get an Ability Capsule later and change it. Congrats on the shiny!

Old January 7th, 2014 (04:18 AM).

Nature: Adamant
The very same evening I was breeding Fennekins and Chespins with a particular Ditto, and within about 0 (I can't remember) Fennekins I got a Shiny one! Sadly neither parent had the nature I wanted so there was no Everstone used and it wasn't a useable pokemon. However, the Chespin I was breeding DID have a parent with a nature I wanted, and within (I think) FIVE eggs I got a shiny Chespin! AND it had the right nature so I'm still using him in my party
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old January 7th, 2014 (04:54 AM).
Under my Rock

Nature: Impish
I traded a Ditto for an Eevee on the GTS.

It was Japanese with 5 Perfect Ivs in everything but Attack with it's HA.
Old January 7th, 2014 (05:20 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Terff:
Recently found a shiny kecleon in a friend safari, that's bout it. But dang, you sound like you've had a nice streak of luck there o _ o
Well, it may be partly luck, but I have spent a few hundred hours shiny hunting in different friend safaris... XD

I'm normally not patient, but the thrill of finding a shiny is totally worth it! Plus, I watch shows and browse the internet while I do it, so I'm not bored.

I've watched shiny hunting videos on YouTube (mostly to see what a shiny might look like in-game) and some people are pretty dedicated, hunting with multiple game systems and copies of the game! XD
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old January 12th, 2014 (06:25 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Shiny Magikarp on the 3rd cast of, what was to be, chain-fishing. Quickly fed her rare candy to evolve into Gyarados.

I'm a big fan of chain-fishing now. So easy

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)