The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:18 AM
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
Luckiest moment was probably when I found a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs in the friend safari.

Also caught a shiny Dragonair in the fs and hatched a shiny Scyther (non-masuda method).

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old January 12th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Ars Arcanum
The North Remembers.

Nature: Sassy
How do people find shinies? Ive ndver found a single one in my entire poke career.

FC: 2552-2106-9683. I'm finally ready to do 6v6 battles!
FS (Flying): Spearow, Tranquill, Fletchinder
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Kelaria

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars Arcanum View Post
How do people find shinies? Ive ndver found a single one in my entire poke career.
There's a few different ways in X & Y to find shinies. There's chaining with the PokeRaider, chain fishing, breeding with the Masuda method (aka breeding two Pokemon from different regions), horde hunting, and friend safari hunting.

I've been pretty successful hunting in the friend safari and, more recently, horde hunting. I've tried other methods, but I'm not very good at chain fishing (I tend to not have quick enough reflexes to catch the Pokemon on the line every single time) and my longest chain with the PokeRaidar is only like 9 or so.

Anyway, it just requires a lot of patience and perseverance! I like to hunt while I watch shows on Netflix or YouTube so that I don't get bored just doing the same thing over and over in my game. I hunt while I read and sometimes while I cook. XD

X & Y is the first version where I've found a shiny! (My first was shiny Charmeleon in a friend safari)! The only other shiny I've ever gotten in any Pokemon game before X & Y was the shiny Gyarados that everyone can get in Gold/Silver. Now I have a bunch of shinies! :D

You can find video tutorials for shiny hunting on YouTube if you're unsure how to go about it. Good luck!

Back to the topic at hand... during my quest to find that elusive shiny female Mareep, I have been able to catch a shiny Miltank and a shiny Tauros! I'm pretty happy about that! I also have caught a second male shiny Mareep and a few more shiny Wingulls! XD Oh well! I won't give up that easily!
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old January 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM
atomtanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ars Arcanum View Post
How do people find shinies? Ive never found a single one in my entire poke career.
It seems to be easier this gen for sure. I was lucky enough to get two shinies from eggs before Instacheck went down -- a Dratini and an Eevee (that I plan on evolving into Umbreon). I also found a shiny Grumpig in a Friend Safari totally randomly! I would definitely recommend running around in there, I've seen loads of people talking about the shinies they've found there.

I have only had one shiny before this generation, aside from the red Gyrados in the G/S/C/HG/SS storylines -- a shiny Rattata (womp) in FireRed. Once I've gotten my Dex complete in X, I plan on trying to breed using the Masuda method -- I've never tried it before.

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old January 14th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Striandly

My luckiest moment was when I was EV training my Pokemon in attack and I found a shiny Gyarados!It was awesome!!!!
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Burcol

Nature: Naughty
Randomly finding a shiny Marill while surfing in the very first surfable area.

Friend Code: 2106-0089-9134
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Water Gym Leader
Arlyn Aquos
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Water Gym Leader
Found a shiny Trapinch and turned him into a Flygon, and someone Wonder Traded a Chikorita to me.

3DS FC: 0903-4056-8403
3DS XL FC: 0404-6887-6558
~~DIVING DEEP~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:55 AM
BigSteve
Pokemon Bright Gold

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BigSteve
<p>managed to acquire Charmander very early on via wonder trade, got a wondertrade tepig and GTS'd for squirtle to complete my original starters for the team.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>I&nbsp;got a Cyndaquil on WT, Typhlosion is my HM slave, whilst blastoise carries surf and charizard has fly.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>my favourite has to be catching Yveltal in two throws......with a premier ball!!!</p><p>love premier balls, caught all my Ruby and Leaf Green legends with them (didn't do it in Diamond, which I had and also wish I hadn't got rid of diamond and all my old pokemon/legendaries.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>but yeah, Yveltal in a White ball is cool just want an FS to get a Charmander/meleon/izard shiny in a white ball so I can have black charizard Y now!</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

damn my phone browser putting html all over!!!

Last edited by BigSteve; January 14th, 2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
imafangirltodiefor

Nature: Jolly
i'm gonna have to say my luckiest moments so far was running into my shiny Ivysaur in the friend safari XD caught it just now :3 also when i first heard about chain fishing i was really excited because i always wanted a shiny corsola. i got my shiny corsola on my very first attempt at chain fishing <3
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM
SSJ4 Furanki
Got my Zoroark and everything!

Nature: Hasty
Hatched a Clauncher after 11 eggs! (Wish I had the same luck on Froakie) And caught Mewtwo with my first Poké Ball in my X file. Didn't use capture power either.

My X/Y Team:

Old January 15th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Besides obvious things like shinies and good Wonder Trades...

I frequently challenged my Chespin by having him take on my rival Serena's entire time by himself without using items. He was able to succeed most of the time, but failed during the final rival battle which mattered the most. When it turned out there was one last rival battle post story mode, I really wanted him to prove himself... and he did, but it was only because Pokemon Amie allowed him to dodge 2 supereffective attacks in a row. Probably the only time that I actually enjoyed getting hax entire story mode.

Although examples of the obvious things would be randomly hatching a shiny and receiving a Kee Berry and a few 5 IV good nature pokemon on WT.
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:31 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hatching a shiny cyndaquil under 20 eggs and catching a shiny charmeleon :D

Hatching a shiny cyndaquil under 20 eggs and catching a shiny charmeleon :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by slim spazzy; January 15th, 2014 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 17th, 2014, 05:47 AM
She_Delphox
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
One of my luckiest moments was when, well, I first started to play the game as soon as I got my copy of Pokemon X on release date. Sounds maybe a bit too cliche, but then, all the nostalgia came back again and I haven't felt this way before back when I was a kid and Pokemon was "everything" back then :3

Also, I decided back in january last year, when Pokemon X/Y were announced and the starters were revealed, that I wanted to go with Fennekin, and I still stick with her! i really wanted to have a shiny one as well, and after DAYS of hatching eggs, patience, perseverance and some luck, I was in absolute heaven when that cute little shiny Fennek appeared on my screen after hatching 458 Eggs! Now, it's one of my most trusted partners as a shiny Delphox! =^o^=

I will remember this moment forever... :3

Signature and Avatar made by: © She_Delphox
Currently playing: Pokemon X | ORAS countdown: 1 DAY!!!

Old January 17th, 2014, 10:22 AM
DarkPoke001
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Just Caught A Shiny Skrelp In A Net Ball (The Premier Ball Didn't Work)!!!

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM
pridekitty
A Kitty

Nature: Quiet
The moment when I got a critical capture on Zygarde... then another when the first one didn't work.

My Shinies:
Quagsire M (Whoopie)
Corsola F (Coral)
Clauncher M (Dr. Zoidberg)
Yanma M (Blue Buzz)
Magikarp F (Goldy)
Goldeen M (Neptune)
Poliwhirl F (Polly)

Yes, I am aware that five of them are fishing shinies and that all of them have stupid nicknames.
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:35 PM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

When I encountered Yvetal in Pokemon Y, I didn't know when I could save and went straight into battle. I thought I would have trouble catching but I would try my best!!!... I just lowered its health down and caught it on my second great ball. Very lucky if you ask me.

Another lucky moment is when I received a level 63 Japanese Xerneas (even more lucky for me as I have Y version).

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Click here for information about my Super-Secret Base.

Message me if you've added me.
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
One of my happiest and luckiest moments is catching a shiny Luxio in Friend Safari. Finally, a shiny I will actually use in a team.

By the way, here is my proof, and Zorro is my male Zangoose (not related to this moment, but Zangoose is also another lucky moment for me), which I use for catching other Pokemon (with False Swipe)
Spoiler:

anyone curious - Zangoose was a special catch for me. Quick Story:
Spoiler:
It's X exclusive Pokemon, but will appear in Pokemon Y in hordes with Seviper. Issue is that Seviper will only attack Zangoose. I remember trying over 30 times to try and catch one, but every time I was close, the Sevipers managed to faint Zangoose.

I would run away disappointed.

Then I found out that Lucario's Heal Pulse will give health to one Pokemon, so with patience and using Heal Pulse about 5 times, I was able to rescue one Zangoose from Seviper's furious attacks. Caught it.

Feel happy that it is now part of my team, and helps me catch other Pokemon, none of the other Pokemon that learn False Swipe I like so Zangoose was my main choice.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; January 17th, 2014 at 11:38 PM. Reason: added the story with Zangoose
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Hainline15

I would say that something really lucky that happened was that i was in the friend safari, and i was about to start shiny hunting in this friend safari and after 5 random encounters i got a shiny Luxio, which is evolved into a shiny Luxray now! this is even luckier to me because this was the pokemon out of the 3 that i wanted shiny and i got it!!

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4710-8473
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Hikamaru
a.k.a. nichole
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
The fact I found and caught a shiny Remoraid exactly a week after I caught a shiny Clauncher. I was actually trying to look for another Pokemon when I fished up the Remoraid. It's odd that it's only halfway through the month and I already have 3 shinies in X.
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:20 AM
JourneyCat

...Getting a Squirtle, Zygarde and a Gengar in the same day, within approx. 4-5 hours - through Wonder Trade.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:49 AM
DarkPoke001

JUST CAUGHT A SHINY RED GYARADOS!!!
cannot wait to see what shiny mega gyarados looks like! cannot believe the luck i am having with shinies in this game

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : TBC

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Hoenn Confirmed! - FOR REAL!

Last edited by DarkPoke001; January 19th, 2014 at 02:55 AM.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:53 AM
JourneyCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPoke001 View Post
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY RED GYARADOS!!!
cannot wait to see what shiny mega gyarados looks like! cannpot believe the luck i am having with shinies in this game
Congratulations! I'm already jealous... I haven't encountered any shiny after 2 months, kind of sad.
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:01 AM
DarkPoke001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyCat View Post
Congratulations! I'm already jealous... I haven't encountered any shiny after 2 months, kind of sad.
thanks! well, still on a chain, if another pops up i will let you know
Old January 19th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Superstrength79
So strong, it hurts!

Nintendo did a good job on the shiny rate for this game. Obtainable, but still requires a bit of work.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Hederbomb

Nature: Bold
Probaly have to be when I got a Pokerus Beedrill over Wondertrade.

Want to know whats wrong with someone? The real question is what ISN'T wrong with that person.
That is the real answer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links