Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old January 25th, 2014 (04:28 AM). Edited January 25th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Nature: Lonely
More lucky moments on GTS..

There's currently someone giving away a ton of Unown (various letters) for random normal pokemon.. I personally managed to nab 13 of them until I decided I didn't want anymore. At first i thought maybe they were clones, since whoever it was was posting 2 at a time (using two DS') but that was until i noticed they were all different letters.

Then I unloaded one of my two extra Mewtwos for another Xerneas then finished my GTS adventures when I got yet another Xerneas for a Froakie!!

lol yes, with so many xerneas at my disposal, I can trade them around for Yvetal, Zapdos, Articuno, or get lucky and find a listing or two of more previous gen Legendaries that as for one (which i had already scooped up a couple using Xerneas), but also xD lol I threw 6 of them into my party, and when I got a random challenge by a passerby, lol I chose the box with the 6 Xerneas.. best of all, it was a request for a triple battle... I bet their heart/morale just sunk... was a crazy (and unfair) triple dazzling gleam sweep.

hmm strange... just noticed the unown in my pc spell out help & in my other box they spell out leave now

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old January 25th, 2014 (04:40 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
hmm strange... just noticed the unown in my pc spell out help & in my other box they spell out leave now
they're afraid horrified of their new captor (you)

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old January 25th, 2014 (04:44 AM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
they're afraid horrified of their new captor (you)
There i just hopped on GTS and traded yet another Vivilion for an Unown, a letter J this time, and mixed the letters around xD.. Person is still at it, two posted every time i check for normal pokemon. I guess one is attempting to get all the Vivilion patterns, the other is asking for normal pokemon such as palipitoad, bellsprout, amoogus, etc to complete pokedex I assume.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old January 25th, 2014 (07:33 AM).

Luckiest moment? Just caught Moltres, it had a Modest nature with perfect IVs in HP, SpA, Speed and overall outstanding stats

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
In-game name:mimiLoP
Here's my 3DS FC:
3024-6176-4928
Old January 25th, 2014 (08:08 AM).

The first unknown I ever say was a shiny, so I didn't know it was one. I just killed it, but somebody watching over my shoulder told me it was one. The very next unknown I saw was shiny.
Old January 25th, 2014 (08:26 AM). Edited January 25th, 2014 by Kelaria.

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by anchpop:
The first unknown I ever say was a shiny, so I didn't know it was one. I just killed it, but somebody watching over my shoulder told me it was one. The very next unknown I saw was shiny.
I didn't think there was a place to catch Unown in X and Y? I'd love to know where it is, if such a place exists!

Also, so much for Mareep being 50/50 male/female... got my fourth shiny male one yesterday. XD

I also snagged one of those Unowns for a Vivillon. I got the ! one.

Edit (almost 8 hours later): I wanted to add that I finally got that female Mareep I've been pining for!! :D I caught her about an hour and a half ago and have been leveling her up to evolve into a beautiful pink Ampharos! She's gorgeous! Totally worth the wait (especially with that awesome mega evolution!)!
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old January 27th, 2014 (09:18 AM).
Newfound Love For Togekiss

Nature: Modest
Just caught a Shiny Alomomola! 4th shiny so far

Pokémon Y : Joshua - 0232-9296-9853
Pokémon Omega Ruby : Josh - ^

Friend safari - Ground : Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

OR Shinies : Metang, Tentacool, Magikarp and Sharpedo
Old January 27th, 2014 (09:26 AM).

A couple days ago, after Chain Fishing for 4 hours straight and 2 shiny Skrelp), i finally caught the Shiny Shellder i was looking for!! I was extremely excited because i needed Cloyster in my pokedex and I've always wanted to use one in my team, so i figured why not fish for a shiny one? and after 4 hours it finally appeared! now i have a beautiful Blue Cloyster in my party (:

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4710-8473
Old January 27th, 2014 (09:45 AM).
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses their mind.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
So I found two shines in the Friend Safari on Saturday - a Bergmite and a Cascoon, within like two hours of each other.

However, the Bergmite had a Timid nature, which isn't ideal for Avalugg at all. =(
Old January 27th, 2014 (09:56 AM).
Eeveelution Trainer

Nature: Mild
Last night I was in a ditto Friend Safari, and I had been there a while without encountering any dittos after the first 3, so I was about to call it quits when I decided to try it one more time. Sure enough, as soon as I stepped into the grass I found a shiny Aipom. By far my luckiest moment yet.

"Winning isn't everything, its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
Old January 27th, 2014 (11:40 AM).

I had three:
During one of the gym battles, I got a Special Attack O-Power and because of that, I managed to beat the gym leader...Deus Ex Machina...lol...

The second was during the championship battle...I underestimated the Elite Four due to the amount of people who said they were "easy" and for the single player games, I don't usually try having a very synergized team...Three of my pokemon were Dragons (Tyrantrum and Goodra, plus Mega-Charizard X)...When I got to Mega-Gardevoir, she critted my Charizard and Goodra to death, and eventually it just came down to my Carbink and her Mega-Gardevoir...I had to play the Revive shuffle with only like 3 revives left...But I knew Carbink could take multiple hits...Anyway, When I was finally down to a full HP Carbink, I ended up having to PP stall her...Fortunately, I remembered all those X-Special Defenses you find throughout the game...lol...And Moonblast got a few Special Attack drops...She ended up struggling to death (It was at that moment, I hit myself upside the head for not bringing Toxic on anything and being dumb)...

Third luckiest was when I said aloud to myself, "A Shiny Ariados would be cool"...And my next wild encounter was a Shiny Ariados...Actually, Idk if that qualifies as luck as much as a "Lol, totally foreshadowed that" moment...

Currently looking for: A Ditto Safari (Not for me, for a friend, please PM me if you can help me out)...
Friend Safari: Dwebble, Pupitar, and Binacle...
Old January 27th, 2014 (02:54 PM).

JUST CAUGHT A SHINY POLIWRATH ON CAMERA AFTER FISHING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR!!!! (and on the same day as catching shiny Alomomola, probably my luckiest Pokémon moment i ever had) !

Y Shinies : Luvdisc, Skrelp, Gyarados, Alomamola, Politoed, Seaking, Dragalge, Chandelure, Maractus, Garchomp, Eelektross, Sceptile, Rayquaza, Blastoise and Umbreon :3

Old January 27th, 2014 (03:30 PM).
So strong, it hurts!

Quote originally posted by DarkPoke001:
JUST CAUGHT A SHINY POLIWRATH ON CAMERA AFTER FISHING FOR ABOUT AN HOUR!!!! (and on the same day as catching shiny Alomomola, probably my luckiest Pokémon moment i ever had) !
Are you using Suction Cups and Surf? Also, keep to the rocks

Makes it go faster.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 27th, 2014 (10:11 PM).
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Luckiest moment was a few days ago when I caught my first shiny EVER. It was a Gurdurr in Victory Road and it was a random encounter entirely. Since it was my first shiny, you can imagine my reaction for yourselves. (Seriously though? I've played Pokemon since I was 6 and I did every method known to man to get a shiny, but the first one I get is by random encounter in a game 6 generations since my first game? XD)

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old January 27th, 2014 (10:41 PM).
It ain't even bright in here
Gold Tier

A Noivern missing Hurricane twice and a Mawile missing playrough in the same battle :D

Pyrion (X) - Crady (AS) | FC: 3496-9965-2828
Old January 27th, 2014 (11:11 PM).
Alluring Illusion

I never thought how lucky I was to have gotten a Naive Xerneas w/ 31 IVs in HP, Attack, SpAttack and Speed until I tried to get an Yveltal with a +Spd Nature and Perfect IV's in Hp, SpAttack and Speed and it was difficult trying to get the perfect IVs much more with the Nature I wanted.

Another thing is that my Xerneas was caught at random. No knowledge of it's best stats and no care for the suitable condition.
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 28th, 2014 (03:16 AM).
Superior heat protecter!

Definitely when I encountered and catched my first shiny Pokémon ever in the history of playing Pokémon. :D I was chaining Furfrou and didn't even notice the sparkle until it jumped on my face and I screamed like a little girl seeing Justin Bieber naked.

I hope to manage to chain male Furfrou next so I could run duo with both of them having different styles. Black Furfrou is just awesome and I love it <3
Old January 28th, 2014 (01:36 PM).

Got a Monferno (with Pokérus) in the GTS and a japanese Fennekin on Wonder Trade !

Old January 28th, 2014 (01:47 PM).
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses their mind.
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I just found a Tyrogue in a Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs. :O 31 Attack, Sp Atk, Sp Def and Speed. And 30 HP. If the HP and Sp Atk had switched, it'd be slightly better, but still, quite happy to have pulled that. (Or it would've been even better if it was a Ditto.)
Old January 28th, 2014 (03:17 PM).
So strong, it hurts!

Hatched a shiny Froakie with a perfect spread of IVs. No game manipulation at all, just darn lucky the day-care gods were smiling on me

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 30th, 2014 (08:03 AM).

Nature: Adamant
So I hatch 5 Pokemon at a time trying to get a specific IV spread and I get close to what I'm looking for but not quite, so I go back, wonder trade them all and get that one egg leftover outside so I can take out the pokemon in daycare and replace them with something else. Well, many times I go for full (5 egg) bushells a dozen times or more and never get quite what I want, and then when I finally get enough IVs (at least 4 sometimes 5) I take the pokemon that's in and put the new one in it's place. Well about 4 or 5 times when I take that leftover egg and just hatch it for the heck of it, it keeps being EXACTLY the egg I was looking for. It happened with multiple Rotoms, both 6 IV smeargles and then just now with when I hatched a 6IV Minccino AND a male on top of that! (IE, EXACTLY what I was looking for, even Gender)
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old February 1st, 2014 (12:35 PM). Edited February 1st, 2014 by DarkPoke001.

Getting Mudkip and just getting sixth Pokémon Y shiny, a Goldeen!

EDIT: an hour later, and i got a shiny Dragalge as well!

Old February 1st, 2014 (02:25 PM).
Lyoko Princess

I outsped the Champion's Gardevoir with an underleveled Lucario and one shotted it with a critical hit from Shadow Claw.

I also caught three shinies in one month, including my favorite Pokemon, Growlithe.

I beat the game with an Azumarill that had 0 IVs in Attack.
Old February 1st, 2014 (04:54 PM).

Caught two shinies today (so far): Masquerain and Lillipup.

Also, I've been really lucky with the GTS lately. I've been offering starters mostly and asking for Pokemon that evolved from trades and have almost completed my Pokedex (aside from Legendaries)! I hope I'm lucky when it comes to securing the Legendaries I need for my 'dex.
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old February 1st, 2014 (07:12 PM).
Random Trainer

Today I got a shiny pichu through WT with 5 perfect IVs. At first when I saw it I was like, "That pichu looks a bit darker than usual. Maybe it's shiny... Nah it's just the weird coloring of the game." This game in my opinion seems to make the pokemon colors kind of weird... Anyways I look into my box again while I'm WTing some more and I pass over pichu and he has a shiny star. I was freaking out.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links