The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 26th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Dive missle's Avatar
Dive missle
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Gender: Male
Woah, this map editor makes A-Map look like a pencil compared to a super computer.
__________________
Somewhere, a young man sits, thinking about the pure beauty that is a Noctowl.



It's all grown up and took my name.



An egg which contains a Cubone.
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Dragonflye's Avatar
Dragonflye
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
I'm waiting for that thing sooo long, then I will continue my project directly, the wait will be worth it. Best Mapping Tool.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old January 27th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Flametix the Charizard's Avatar
Flametix the Charizard
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
NPCs look kind of glitchy when I look in this tool.

I'm using Windows 8.1 if that helps - they look like garbled pixels.
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:42 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Spoiler:



This is all I get no matter what ROM I try to load. Loading banks in 0 seconds is impressive but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with them :P
__________________

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split

Last edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay; January 28th, 2014 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:05 PM
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
Spoiler:



This is all I get no matter what ROM I try to load. Loading banks in 0 seconds is impressive but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with them
Double-click the banks word
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old January 28th, 2014, 06:47 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think to do that! Your advice is astounding and helpful, kind gentleman.

edit: it does nothing
__________________

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM
pokenar's Avatar
pokenar
Lunatic Red Eyes
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
Wow, I can't believe I didn't think to do that! Your advice is astounding and helpful, kind gentleman.

edit: it does nothing
Yeah, I have the same problem, and the same person gave the same answer to me, so I don't why they'd give you the same response.
__________________
It's been so long since I was here I still had a ShinyGold sig
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenar View Post
Yeah, I have the same problem, and the same person gave the same answer to me, so I don't why they'd give you the same response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
Spoiler:



This is all I get no matter what ROM I try to load. Loading banks in 0 seconds is impressive but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with them
I'm trying to figure out why this happens. Currently I've tested it on OS X, Linux, and Windows 7 and they all work fine. If you're good with the command line and java happens to be in your executable path you might be able to use something like java -jar MEH-someversion.jar (obviously with the proper filename, I just can't remember it atm), and get a log of the command line. If not, I'll see about integrating a command line dump into MEH so we can get these problems sorted out.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntKnowHowToPlay View Post
Spoiler:



This is all I get no matter what ROM I try to load. Loading banks in 0 seconds is impressive but it doesn't seem to be able to do anything with them
I think I know why, it's because your ROM version and Game Code may be different. As such, it could be a different language, version number or anything like that. 'Cause games with different versions and game codes have different offsets in where the maps or banks are listed.

Try using AXVE (Pokémon Ruby US version), BPRE (Pokémon FireRed US version) or BPEE (Pokémon Emerald US version) on version 1.0. Not version 1.1.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Aruaruu
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
I just tested it on Win7 home premium 64bit and it opens the maps fine with both clean emerald and fire red roms.

Maybe there is some file missing or you edited the .ini?

Last edited by Aruaruu; January 28th, 2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: reason
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old January 28th, 2014, 10:42 PM
pokenar's Avatar
pokenar
Lunatic Red Eyes
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
I'm trying to figure out why this happens. Currently I've tested it on OS X, Linux, and Windows 7 and they all work fine. If you're good with the command line and java happens to be in your executable path you might be able to use something like java -jar MEH-someversion.jar (obviously with the proper filename, I just can't remember it atm), and get a log of the command line. If not, I'll see about integrating a command line dump into MEH so we can get these problems sorted out.
I'll see what I can do about that, if it doesn't work, I'll test on my new Win-7 64 bit, I'm just avoiding it since I need it for school, and roms are dangerous things to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum Lucario View Post
I think I know why, it's because your ROM version and Game Code may be different. As such, it could be a different language, version number or anything like that. 'Cause games with different versions and game codes have different offsets in where the maps or banks are listed.

Try using AXVE (Pokémon Ruby US version), BPRE (Pokémon FireRed US version) or BPEE (Pokémon Emerald US version) on version 1.0. Not version 1.1.
if it helps, the version I am using is the "U" version of FR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaruu View Post
I just tested it on Win7 home premium 64bit and it opens the maps fine with both clean emerald and fire red roms.

Maybe there is some file missing or you edited the .ini?
I know the rom is clean as its a backup of the base rom I used to patch on THPP in the first place.
__________________
It's been so long since I was here I still had a ShinyGold sig
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old January 28th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenar View Post
if it helps, the version I am using is the "U" version of FR.
If it is, then the game code should say "BPRE01". To check the game code, open the ROM up with a hex editor, the text should say something like "POKEMON FIREBPRE01" at the beginning of the ROM.
__________________
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Golden Warrior's Avatar
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoenn
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say... This is going somewhere. For now I'll keep using AM thanks to some of the other features not implemented here yet, BUT looking at the plans you guys have... I think I'll be using this over AM real soon. (Also once it's out of open alpha, of course.) Keep up the good work guys! You have my hacking team's full support!

(Also, is this the same interdpth that created Double Helix and ZeroFission? If so, I just wanted to say you have my respect as a map-maker...-maker. XD)
__________________
Current Pokemon re-play through: XD: Gale of Darkness

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:42 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
This is what I get from command prompt:

Spoiler:


I can provide the rest of the traces if you want, but they all have MouseDragged in the call stack so I doubt they'd be relevant. They also don't consistently show up.
__________________

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old January 29th, 2014, 10:05 AM
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
I'm trying to figure out why this happens. Currently I've tested it on OS X, Linux, and Windows 7 and they all work fine. If you're good with the command line and java happens to be in your executable path you might be able to use something like java -jar MEH-someversion.jar (obviously with the proper filename, I just can't remember it atm), and get a log of the command line. If not, I'll see about integrating a command line dump into MEH so we can get these problems sorted out.
I have had this exact same issue on Ubuntu. I have tried double-clicking and i know I am working on BPRE. I think we have talked about this before.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old February 1st, 2014, 03:22 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay's Avatar
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Not sure if this will help anyone, but I was able to fix the issue I was having by manually adding java to the PATH variable and running MEH from within the MEH's directory instead of Java's. (that is, what I should've done and should've been able to do in the first place but java is absolutely terrible about being easy to use)
__________________

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old February 1st, 2014, 03:40 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I have had this exact same issue on Ubuntu. I have tried double-clicking and i know I am working on BPRE. I think we have talked about this before.
Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to figure out a way to fix that. iirc I had a similar issue with something else before so this isn't an entirely new problem per-se. I'll just have to mess with some of the file IO to get it to read from there the JAR is instead of where it's started.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Renegade's Avatar
Renegade
Time for real life...
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I just download this after a break from hacking for a while. I was looking at the different tabs and eventually this happened when I viewed my map:
Spoiler:

The box of colors in the top left isn't supposed to be there O_o
Any ideas? Also, I can't "color" over the mess for some reason. It's okay for me because I have a backup, but I just don't want to use the Alpha if this is a common occurance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I just download this after a break from hacking for a while. I was looking at the different tabs and eventually this happened when I viewed my map:
Spoiler:

The box of colors in the top left isn't supposed to be there O_o
Any ideas? Also, I can't "color" over the mess for some reason. It's okay for me because I have a backup, but I just don't want to use the Alpha if this is a common occurance.
Those colors are the debugging palettes. They are activated/deavitvated with the two blank buttons to the right of the "Save Map" button. It's overlayed so that is why you can't color over it. And yes, this editor is in no way shape or form to be used as a replacement for A-Map quite yet, but it's getting very close. All that's really left is proper repointing support, bugfixes, a Block Editor, and a Worldmap Editor. And from there the MEH-exclusive features begin like Day/Night pokemon, easy tile animations and all that jazz.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
It's that time again. Time for another weekly(ish) update!

(My computer's been giving me issues so it defaulted to the usual Java look and feel >.<)

So if it wasn't obvious already from the screenshot above, I finally managed to finish adding repointing support. Now in case you're wondering what this means for you, it means that you can finally add events as well as remove them, which for a map editor is quite huge. The reason why I say I added repointing support is because when you add events you have to quite literally move all the data to another place where there's more room for the expanded data. Currently I haven't found any quirks outside of one from the Warp editor which causes some nasty stuff to happen (aka your warps are screwy after removing one of them) so I added a warning dialog until I fix it.

And to make things a bit easier, here's a list of things added in this weekly(ish) update:
  • Adding/Removing Events
  • You can now double-click events to edit their scripts.
  • Moving events now updates their position in realtime (ie the block follows the cursor instead of waiting for a mouse release) ala A-Map

And some things that aren't quite in there yet:
  • Better search paths for INI files, including a global ini stored in your AppData directory
  • A dialog notifying you of your missing INI as well as automagic INI extraction (probably via a dialog asking you if you'd like to generate one)
  • MEH actually remembering your script editor in the INI
  • Still need to test if XSE accepts the arguments given (if someone could test this that would be great since XSE refuses to work on Linux
  • Other executable extensions such as .sh and support to manually input a command to execute when selecting a script editor
  • Proper argument support for SEA (not really MEH related but still important)

Now as for what to expect next, you can expect quite a lot of changes. Since I'm done with most of the internal infrastructure, there's going to be a lot more features rolling in, including Day/Night pokemon support as well as a proper block editor, bringing MEH one step closer to being a suitable replacement for AdvanceMap. As always, suggestions are welcome, and I actually got a good suggestion for an image overlay feature a while back, where you can overlay an image over your map so that you can recreate different maps from something like RSE, DPPt, or for porting existing maps in the event of ROM corruption or switching ROM Bases. Let me know what you guys think of the idea or if you have anything you'd like to add.
__________________




Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; February 5th, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old February 6th, 2014, 12:03 AM
pokenar's Avatar
pokenar
Lunatic Red Eyes
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
It's that time again. Time for another weekly(ish) update!

(My computer's been giving me issues so it defaulted to the usual Java look and feel >.<)

So if it wasn't obvious already from the screenshot above, I finally managed to finish adding repointing support. Now in case you're wondering what this means for you, it means that you can finally add events as well as remove them, which for a map editor is quite huge. The reason why I say I added repointing support is because when you add events you have to quite literally move all the data to another place where there's more room for the expanded data. Currently I haven't found any quirks outside of one from the Warp editor which causes some nasty stuff to happen (aka your warps are screwy after removing one of them) so I added a warning dialog until I fix it.

And to make things a bit easier, here's a list of things added in this weekly(ish) update:
  • Adding/Removing Events
  • You can now double-click events to edit their scripts.
  • Moving events now updates their position in realtime (ie the block follows the cursor instead of waiting for a mouse release) ala A-Map

And some things that aren't quite in there yet:
  • Better search paths for INI files, including a global ini stored in your AppData directory
  • A dialog notifying you of your missing INI as well as automagic INI extraction (probably via a dialog asking you if you'd like to generate one)
  • MEH actually remembering your script editor in the INI
  • Still need to test if XSE accepts the arguments given (if someone could test this that would be great since XSE refuses to work on Linux
  • Other executable extensions such as .sh and support to manually input a command to execute when selecting a script editor
  • Proper argument support for SEA (not really MEH related but still important)

Now as for what to expect next, you can expect quite a lot of changes. Since I'm done with most of the internal infrastructure, there's going to be a lot more features rolling in, including Day/Night pokemon support as well as a proper block editor, bringing MEH one step closer to being a suitable replacement for AdvanceMap. As always, suggestions are welcome, and I actually got a good suggestion for an image overlay feature a while back, where you can overlay an image over your map so that you can recreate different maps from something like RSE, DPPt, or for porting existing maps in the event of ROM corruption or switching ROM Bases. Let me know what you guys think of the idea or if you have anything you'd like to add.
It is now able to read both the clean FR and the patched FR "properly" and loads the maps (I will admit however, that I am now testing on my Win-7 64-bit computer,) however the wild pokemon editor fails to load pre-existing wild pokemon data, this applies to both the clean rom and the patched rom. I'll also ask the following since its why I was checking wild data specifically in the first place; Does MEH read the identity of the pokemon from its ini files or from the rom itself? since what I'm working with changes pokemon to something else.
__________________
It's been so long since I was here I still had a ShinyGold sig
Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old February 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenar View Post
It is now able to read both the clean FR and the patched FR "properly" and loads the maps (I will admit however, that I am now testing on my Win-7 64-bit computer,) however the wild pokemon editor fails to load pre-existing wild pokemon data, this applies to both the clean rom and the patched rom. I'll also ask the following since its why I was checking wild data specifically in the first place; Does MEH read the identity of the pokemon from its ini files or from the rom itself? since what I'm working with changes pokemon to something else.
Ah, I knew I had to have broken something with that repointing stuff. I did find a bug in the latest build that prevented wild pokemon from loading. I just fixed the issue and it should be up within a few minutes of this post (the buildbot takes a while to recognize that I pushed my changes). As for where it reads the data, I have everything set up to read from an in-game pointer, ie the value in the ini is a pointer to the pointer to the wild data. So it works on patched and unpatched ROMs.

EDIT: Fixed build is up, give that one a go and let me know if the problem persists.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old February 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
pokenar's Avatar
pokenar
Lunatic Red Eyes
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
Ah, I knew I had to have broken something with that repointing stuff. I did find a bug in the latest build that prevented wild pokemon from loading. I just fixed the issue and it should be up within a few minutes of this post (the buildbot takes a while to recognize that I pushed my changes). As for where it reads the data, I have everything set up to read from an in-game pointer, ie the value in the ini is a pointer to the pointer to the wild data. So it works on patched and unpatched ROMs.

EDIT: Fixed build is up, give that one a go and let me know if the problem persists.
http://imgur.com/4ghbcoQ It seems to be working fine now, though it claims there is no rom loaded when there clearly is.
__________________
It's been so long since I was here I still had a ShinyGold sig
Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old February 6th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
Shiny Quagsire
I like .short's because they're comfy and easy to wear.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenar View Post
http://imgur.com/4ghbcoQ It seems to be working fine now, though it claims there is no rom loaded when there clearly is.
I still can't believe I haven't fixed that yet. XD
But this is normal, I haven't actually added that yet.

Also, I've added Day/Night pokemon support to MEH, so you can add different Pokemon to different times of day. Currently it requires primaldialga's DNS although a different system may or may not be released at a later time. Also, the tool currently doesn't auto-inject the ASM, so it's kinda useless for the general public at the moment. But for those who want to try it out, here's the ASM:
Spoiler:

Code:
.text /*Basic THUMB Headers, should be included in all ASM Routines*/
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global daynightlevelswitch
@.org 0x08800000
 
main:
sub r0, r0, r4 /*Subtracts the value of R4 from R0, giving us a clean pointer to use*/
ldr r2, statusbyte /*Loads the ram offset 0x03005542 to R2*/
ldrb r2, [r2] /*Loads the byte contained in the offset*/
ldr r1, timetable
ldrb r2, [r1, r2]
add r2, r0, r2
b check
night:
add r2, r0, #0x0
add r2, #0x10
check: ldrb r1, [r2, #0x3] /*Loads the byte stored at the pointer's location plus 3 for checking*/
cmp r1, #0xFF
beq nodata
cmp r1, #0x8 /*Compares R2 with 0x08, the tell tale sign of a rom pointer, which is what should be stored here if you are using this hack*/
bne nextnormal /*If not equal, load as usual - Thanks Shiny Quagsire!*/
ldr r0, [r2, #0x0] /*Loads the word stored at the location pointed to in R2, the pointer to the wild data*/

nextnormal: add r0, r4, r0 /*Adds the number of bytes from the start of the table that the wild Pokémon slot the game has selected is*/
add r4, r0, #0x0 /*Adds the contents of R0 into R4*/
ldrb r0, [r4, #0x1] /*Loads the upper level limit for the Pokémon if they're stored systematically*/
ldrb r1, [r4, #0x0] /*Loads the lower level limit*/
cmp r0, r1 /*Compares the levels*/
bcc here /*If R0 < R1 goto "here"*/
ldrb r5, [r4, #0x0] /*Loads the lower level limit into R5*/
b here2

here: ldrb r5, [r4, #0x1] /*Reverses the lower and upper level limits to*/
ldrb r0, [r4, #0x0] /*avoid bugs if R0 was smaller than R1 above*/

here2: sub r4, r0, r5 /*Subtracts upper and lower level limits and stores results into R4*/
add r4, #0x1 /*Not entirely sure why, but it's from the original code, and is important for level loading, as leaving it out leads to odd bugs*/
lsl r4, r4, #0x18 /*This line and the next line make sure that you are only passing a byte to the next part of the routine, so it doesn't bug out*/
lsr r4, r4, #0x18
ldr r2, return /*Loads the return offset to R2*/
bx r2 /*Executes a Branch and Exchange goto to the offset contained within the register, ensuring it remains in THUMB mode by being 1 greater than the wanted location*/
nodata: sub r2, r2, r0
cmp r2, #0xC
beq night
add r2, r0, #0x0
b check



.align
statusbyte: .word 0x0203C000
return: .word 0x08082915
timetable: .word timetable2
timetable2: .byte 0x10 /*Amount to add to pointer per timezone*/
.byte 0x0
.byte 0x4
.byte 0x8
.byte 0x10
.byte 0x10
Code:
.text
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global daynightwildswitch
@.org 0x08800060
main:
ldr r0, [r7, #0x4]
push {r0}
ldrb r0, enable_swarming
cmp r0, #0x0
beq noswarm
ldr r0, var_4fff
bl var_decrypt
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
cmp r0, #0x1
bge swarm

noswarm:
pop {r0}
push {r2}
daynight: ldr r2, statusbyte
ldrb r2, [r2]
ldr r1, timetable
ldrb r2, [r1, r2]
add r2, r0, r2
b check

night:
add r2, r0, #0x0
add r2, #0x10
check: ldrb r1, [r2, #0x3]
cmp r1, #0xFF
beq nodata
cmp r1, #0x8
bne nextnormal
ldr r0, [r2, #0x0]

nextnormal: add r0, r4, r0
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x2]
back: ldr r1, lastpokemon
strh r0, [r1, #0x0]
add r1, r5, #0x0
pop {r2}
ldr r3, Back
bx r3

swarm: pop {r0}
ldr r0, var_4ffe
bl var_decrypt
sub r2, r0, #0x2
ldr r1, currentmap
ldr r1, [r1]
ldrb r1, [r1, #0x4]
ldrb r3, [r1, #0x6]
lsl r3, #0x8
add r1, r1, r3
ldrh r2, [r2, #0x0]
cmp r1, r2
bne daynightone
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
b back

var_decrypt: ldr r1, vardecrypt
bx r1

daynightone: ldr r0, [r7, #0x4]
push {r0}
b daynight

nodata: sub r2, r2, r0
cmp r2, #0xC
beq night
add r2, r0, #0x0
b check


.align
Back: .word 0x08082b51
lastpokemon: .word 0x0300555C
statusbyte: .word 0x0203C000
vardecrypt: .word 0x0806E455
var_4fff: .word 0x00004FFF /*Replace this with whatever variable you would like to use*/
var_4ffe: .word 0x00004FFE /*Replace this with whatever variable you would like to use*/
currentmap: .word 0x03005008 /*Save block for maps. Here it contains a pointer to the actual map header and player position*/
timetable: .word timetable2
timetable2: .byte 0x10 /*Amount to add to pointer per timezone*/
.byte 0x0
.byte 0x4
.byte 0x8
.byte 0x10
.byte 0x10
.align 2
enable_swarming: .byte 0x0

These are for Fire Red and replace the two routines in this thread. Insertion is exactly the same and only those two routines are required. It also supports swarming although it's disabled by default, but can be activated using the flag at the bottom called "enable_swarming". The how-to on this is also in the thread, although the variable for the map operates slightly different. To change the map, set the variable 0x4FFE with the top byte as the bank and the bottom one as the map. So if I wanted a swarm on Route 1 I'd set variable 0x4FFE to 0x0313, since it's bank 3 and map 0x13 (19 in decimal).
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old February 6th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Konekodemon's Avatar
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
What I've always had trouble with is the coding. You should make this as simple as possible for those who are beginners at coding and don't know anything about it.
__________________

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.