Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 7th, 2014, 01:25 AM
pokenar
Lunatic Red Eyes

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
What I've always had trouble with is the coding. You should make this as simple as possible for those who are beginners at coding and don't know anything about it.
But... what does coding have to do with a map editor, unless there is a function I never used, the coding is up to the script editor you use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Quagsire View Post
I still can't believe I haven't fixed that yet. XD
But this is normal, I haven't actually added that yet.

Also, I've added Day/Night pokemon support to MEH, so you can add different Pokemon to different times of day. Currently it requires primaldialga's DNS although a different system may or may not be released at a later time. Also, the tool currently doesn't auto-inject the ASM, so it's kinda useless for the general public at the moment. But for those who want to try it out, here's the ASM:
Spoiler:

Code:
.text /*Basic THUMB Headers, should be included in all ASM Routines*/
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global daynightlevelswitch
@.org 0x08800000

main:
sub r0, r0, r4 /*Subtracts the value of R4 from R0, giving us a clean pointer to use*/
ldr r2, statusbyte /*Loads the ram offset 0x03005542 to R2*/
ldrb r2, [r2] /*Loads the byte contained in the offset*/
ldr r1, timetable
ldrb r2, [r1, r2]
add r2, r0, r2
b check
night:
add r2, r0, #0x0
add r2, #0x10
check: ldrb r1, [r2, #0x3] /*Loads the byte stored at the pointer's location plus 3 for checking*/
cmp r1, #0xFF
beq nodata
cmp r1, #0x8 /*Compares R2 with 0x08, the tell tale sign of a rom pointer, which is what should be stored here if you are using this hack*/
bne nextnormal /*If not equal, load as usual - Thanks Shiny Quagsire!*/
ldr r0, [r2, #0x0] /*Loads the word stored at the location pointed to in R2, the pointer to the wild data*/

nextnormal: add r0, r4, r0 /*Adds the number of bytes from the start of the table that the wild Pokémon slot the game has selected is*/
add r4, r0, #0x0 /*Adds the contents of R0 into R4*/
ldrb r0, [r4, #0x1] /*Loads the upper level limit for the Pokémon if they're stored systematically*/
ldrb r1, [r4, #0x0] /*Loads the lower level limit*/
cmp r0, r1 /*Compares the levels*/
bcc here /*If R0 < R1 goto "here"*/
ldrb r5, [r4, #0x0] /*Loads the lower level limit into R5*/
b here2

here: ldrb r5, [r4, #0x1] /*Reverses the lower and upper level limits to*/
ldrb r0, [r4, #0x0] /*avoid bugs if R0 was smaller than R1 above*/

here2: sub r4, r0, r5 /*Subtracts upper and lower level limits and stores results into R4*/
add r4, #0x1 /*Not entirely sure why, but it's from the original code, and is important for level loading, as leaving it out leads to odd bugs*/
lsl r4, r4, #0x18 /*This line and the next line make sure that you are only passing a byte to the next part of the routine, so it doesn't bug out*/
lsr r4, r4, #0x18
ldr r2, return /*Loads the return offset to R2*/
bx r2 /*Executes a Branch and Exchange goto to the offset contained within the register, ensuring it remains in THUMB mode by being 1 greater than the wanted location*/
nodata: sub r2, r2, r0
cmp r2, #0xC
beq night
add r2, r0, #0x0
b check

.align
statusbyte: .word 0x0203C000
return: .word 0x08082915
timetable: .word timetable2
timetable2: .byte 0x10 /*Amount to add to pointer per timezone*/
.byte 0x0
.byte 0x4
.byte 0x8
.byte 0x10
.byte 0x10
Code:
.text
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global daynightwildswitch
@.org 0x08800060
main:
ldr r0, [r7, #0x4]
push {r0}
ldrb r0, enable_swarming
cmp r0, #0x0
beq noswarm
ldr r0, var_4fff
bl var_decrypt
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
cmp r0, #0x1
bge swarm

noswarm:
pop {r0}
push {r2}
daynight: ldr r2, statusbyte
ldrb r2, [r2]
ldr r1, timetable
ldrb r2, [r1, r2]
add r2, r0, r2
b check

night:
add r2, r0, #0x0
add r2, #0x10
check: ldrb r1, [r2, #0x3]
cmp r1, #0xFF
beq nodata
cmp r1, #0x8
bne nextnormal
ldr r0, [r2, #0x0]

nextnormal: add r0, r4, r0
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x2]
back: ldr r1, lastpokemon
strh r0, [r1, #0x0]
add r1, r5, #0x0
pop {r2}
ldr r3, Back
bx r3

swarm: pop {r0}
ldr r0, var_4ffe
bl var_decrypt
sub r2, r0, #0x2
ldr r1, currentmap
ldr r1, [r1]
ldrb r1, [r1, #0x4]
ldrb r3, [r1, #0x6]
lsl r3, #0x8
add r1, r1, r3
ldrh r2, [r2, #0x0]
cmp r1, r2
bne daynightone
ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
b back

var_decrypt: ldr r1, vardecrypt
bx r1

daynightone: ldr r0, [r7, #0x4]
push {r0}
b daynight

nodata: sub r2, r2, r0
cmp r2, #0xC
beq night
add r2, r0, #0x0
b check

.align
Back: .word 0x08082b51
lastpokemon: .word 0x0300555C
statusbyte: .word 0x0203C000
vardecrypt: .word 0x0806E455
var_4fff: .word 0x00004FFF /*Replace this with whatever variable you would like to use*/
var_4ffe: .word 0x00004FFE /*Replace this with whatever variable you would like to use*/
currentmap: .word 0x03005008 /*Save block for maps. Here it contains a pointer to the actual map header and player position*/
timetable: .word timetable2
timetable2: .byte 0x10 /*Amount to add to pointer per timezone*/
.byte 0x0
.byte 0x4
.byte 0x8
.byte 0x10
.byte 0x10
.align 2
enable_swarming: .byte 0x0

These are for Fire Red and replace the two routines in this thread. Insertion is exactly the same and only those two routines are required. It also supports swarming although it's disabled by default, but can be activated using the flag at the bottom called "enable_swarming". The how-to on this is also in the thread, although the variable for the map operates slightly different. To change the map, set the variable 0x4FFE with the top byte as the bank and the bottom one as the map. So if I wanted a swarm on Route 1 I'd set variable 0x4FFE to 0x0313, since it's bank 3 and map 0x13 (19 in decimal).
Well, I'm happy to say that unlike Amap 1.92, when I save the rom after editing it with this, I can still open it in GBAPGE, though I can't delete events so I can't test that portion.
It's been so long since I was here I still had a ShinyGold sig

Last edited by karatekid552; February 7th, 2014 at 03:49 AM.
Old February 7th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Gorrioncillo

well i don't want to be the bad guy but primaldialga's DNS make a problem when you try to trade a pokemon, i test this in a hack that i made, and when i use it i can't trade, that don't ocurre when i don't use the DNS, so i figured out that primaldialga's DNS have somethig whit this, that's why i beg you don't use it in this great map editor!
I repeat i'm not against primaldialga but for me trading pokemon is very important jeje
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:07 AM
3dd13
Advanced Music Remixer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 3dd13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Kaede View Post
So, this is still in alpha stage? So that alone, makes AMap better than MEH this time around.
I'll download this as soon as the stable version will be released.
As of now, AMap is more suitable for Hacking :D

Oh, and one question, what makes MEH better than Lu-Ho's AMap? =)
I have been on the irc channel with shinyquagsire when the idea was first thrown and have had the honor of testing this map editor since day one (almost). while it is nowhere near ready to overtake amap, it in itself already has features advancemap had but never improved on. the 3 key features are the connections editor, the fact it is fast (even on my christmas slow pc. half the loading speed of amap at worst) and the fact it is open source and easy to adjust for your hack thanks to an easier to understand and edit INI. in some aspects it has already overtaken amap and once completed it will definitely put amap in the grave. but as with any other alpha/beta tool, this isnt anywhere near a true ready final product and just messing with the current build shows that. i remember messing with amap a few versions back from any "final" release and saw how buggy it was. sadly the author kept it closed source so many things never got fixed and many improvements couldnt be made without serious knowlege of dissasembly and a risk to the rom. this time thogh MEH will avoid that and allow modifications for years to come even if shinyquagsire decides to leave the community unlike amap when LU-HO left.
shinyquagsire even clearly states that the editor is in a beta stage and is only ment for testing and feedback of features. simply put, comments like that are rude and discourages attempts to make tools. why would you take hours of your time to make something for people who are ungrateful for it when you make no profit whatsoever? point exactly. dont like it? dont use it, but also remember some things are better left unsaid.

anyhow on to my comment to shinyquagsire
Revolutionary connections editor - Connection editing has never been easier! Now all it takes is a click and a drag to adjust connections, and edits are even mirrored onto opposite connections!
this has got to be the best feature at this minute. i have tested it on a clean rom linking pallet town to vermilion city and it worked flawlessly in game. this will definitely come in handy later. i remember trying to do this with amap 1.92 for crystal dust and it just wasnt very user friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrioncillo View Post
well i don't want to be the bad guy but primaldialga's DNS make a problem when you try to trade a pokemon, i test this in a hack that i made, and when i use it i can't trade, that don't ocurre when i don't use the DNS, so i figured out that primaldialga's DNS have somethig whit this, that's why i beg you don't use it in this great map editor!
I repeat i'm not against primaldialga but for me trading pokemon is very important jeje
this is strange because on a clean firered rom i can trade just fine. the 2 questions are: did your hack break compatibility due to dns somewhere? Is the emulator of choice to blame? I am using VBA-M provided in the toolkit Linkandzelda provided (on Rom Hackers Online I believe) and have not had any issues with DNS.
"The power spoken of in mythology... I didn't just make it obey me, I made it my own!"
3DS Friend Code (Pokemon Y) 2294-5522-8562

Last edited by 3dd13; February 7th, 2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Feature was noted in an earlier post by shinyquagsire himself
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrioncillo View Post
I personally don't like primaldialga's DNS as well, and I'm planning on either making my own or using diegoisawesome's D/N system in the future. But currently I'm maintaining compatability with primaldialga's system since it makes it much easier on the ASM side due to the time-of-day status byte it has. But, like 3dd13 above said, being closed source is a serious disadvantage at the current moment so I'd like to get an open source Day/Night system out there so that it can work better with MEH and other tools. I'm also planning on at least adding a bit of configuration with the D/N wild pokemon patching utility that will be added so that if you are using another system a legacy system can be added to update that status byte location manually with just a simple RTC patch, which would help for Ruby/Emerald support in the event that you don't particularly like the ugly palettes of current Day/Night systems.

Old February 7th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Gorrioncillo

to 3dd13 i test my hack, a clean one too with vba 1.8.0 link and with my boy.apk for android. in both the trade doesn't work, it stops when the trade began.
To Shiny Quagsire, i hope that your new DNS make trade possible, thanks for make this map editor!! it will be the best
Old February 7th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

OK, so good new people. I've added automatic D/N Pokemon patching, so now if you try to convert your existing wild data to the new Day/Night format you will be prompted to patch. Currently it will automatically find freespace and default to the usual status byte location, although it is possible to change both. To keep it safe, just stick to the defaults and it'll work just fine. You can also patch from the Tools menu by going to Tools > Patches > Day/Night Pokemon.

EDIT: Also, I should note that for the time being it's Fire Red only. Emerald and Ruby support will come in due time, and Leaf Green/Sapphire support is unplanned 'cause standards.

Double EDIT: I also just fixed a bug that caused Wild Pokemon to save outside of the usual sandboxing of maps. Basically instead of acting like maps where it only saves when you press the "Save to VROM" button, it would directly edit to the VROM which is not good in terms of consistency. but it's fixed now, so yay. Oh, and the title properly updates now, so no more "No ROM Loaded" stuff.

Last edited by Shiny Quagsire; February 7th, 2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old February 7th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Goombario64
Master of Galaxies

Nature: Timid
I've tried saving the wild pokemon data I put in for route 101 in Ruby, but it doesn't seem to actually write to the rom. Yes, I did click "write to Rom" and then hit save, but after closing out and going back into it, the data is gone. Am I the error, or is it MEH?

EDIT: To be specific, here's the Pokemon I put in:
Zigzagoon: (2-4) 20%
Poochyena: (2-4) 20%
Rattata: (2-4) 10%
Skitty: (2-4) 10%
Sentret: (2-4) 10%
Taillow: (2-4) 10%
Pidgey: (2-4) 5%
Spearow: (2-4) 5%
Farfetch’d: (2-4) 4%
Dunsparce: (2-4) 4%
Doduo: (2-4) 1%
Igglybuff: (2-4) 1%

The same thing happened with Route 102, where I put these in:
Zigzagoon (3-5) 20%
Poochyena: (3-5) 20%
Lotad: (3-5) 10%
Seedot: (3-5) 10%
Taillow: (3-5) 10%
Azurill: (3-5) 10%
Ralts: (3-5) 5%
Hoothoot: (3-5) 5%
Doduo: (3-5) 4%
Skitty: (3-5) 4%
Totodile: (3-5) 1%
Slakoth: (3-5) 1%
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
You may notice that I, unlike most people on the Internet, actually use proper grammar. I can't stand it when people talk so confusingly, with their "i loeve thiz plashe itsz sou funn!" sentences everywhere I look. Copy and paste this in your sig if you feel the same way.
And please, if I ever misspell anything, please tell me - that kind of thing just irks me something awful.

Last edited by Goombario64; February 8th, 2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombario64 View Post
I've tried saving the wild pokemon data I put in for route 101 in Ruby, but it doesn't seem to actually write to the rom. Yes, I did click "write to Rom" and then hit save, but after closing out and going back into it, the data is gone. Am I the error, or is it MEH?

EDIT: To be specific, here's the Pokemon I put in:
Zigzagoon: (2-4) 20%
Poochyena: (2-4) 20%
Rattata: (2-4) 10%
Skitty: (2-4) 10%
Sentret: (2-4) 10%
Taillow: (2-4) 10%
Pidgey: (2-4) 5%
Spearow: (2-4) 5%
Farfetch’d: (2-4) 4%
Dunsparce: (2-4) 4%
Doduo: (2-4) 1%
Igglybuff: (2-4) 1%

The same thing happened with Route 102, where I put these in:
Poochyena: (3-5) 20%
Lotad: (3-5) 10%
Seedot: (3-5) 10%
Taillow: (3-5) 10%
Azurill: (3-5) 10%
Ralts: (3-5) 5%
Hoothoot: (3-5) 5%
Doduo: (3-5) 4%
Skitty: (3-5) 4%
Totodile: (3-5) 1%
Slakoth: (3-5) 1%
Thanks for the specifics, it definitely helps, and thanks for testing because I probably wouldn't have noticed this until days later.

I looked into it and it turns out it's a global glitch caused by my sandboxing fix I mentioned above which caused a NullPointerException when writing to the ROM, which obviously isn't very good. It should work now though so try downloading the latest version of MEH and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll continue looking for a fix since this is obviously a bit of an issue.

Old February 8th, 2014, 12:12 AM
Goombario64
Master of Galaxies

K, I'll get back to you on that.
EDIT: Still doesn't work.
This time I used a bunch of classic Kanto pokemon (I believe they were the three starters, pikachu, pidgey, caterpie, spearow, ekans, rattata, zubat, paras, and diglett, if memory serves). They were all level 2-4.
EDIT 2: I don't have time-based encounters enabled that I'm aware of, but I do recall the morning one being checked (I suppose that is default?). Since I did this at 3ish in the morning (which I think is considered nighttime in Ruby), I might need to check this again. I'll use the list from the first edit.
EDIT 3: Well, no, I don't even have this Rom patched for time-related encounters, so that couldn't be the problem. Never mind the second edit.
You may notice that I, unlike most people on the Internet, actually use proper grammar. I can't stand it when people talk so confusingly, with their "i loeve thiz plashe itsz sou funn!" sentences everywhere I look. Copy and paste this in your sig if you feel the same way.
And please, if I ever misspell anything, please tell me - that kind of thing just irks me something awful.

Last edited by Goombario64; February 8th, 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old February 8th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Quote:
K, I'll get back to you on that.
EDIT: Still doesn't work.
This time I used a bunch of classic Kanto pokemon (I believe they were the three starters, pikachu, pidgey, caterpie, spearow, ekans, rattata, zubat, paras, and diglett, if memory serves). They were all level 2-4.
EDIT 2: I don't have time-based encounters enabled that I'm aware of, but I do recall the morning one being checked (I suppose that is default?). Since I did this at 3ish in the morning (which I think is considered nighttime in Ruby), I might need to check this again. I'll use the list from the first edit.
EDIT 3: Well, no, I don't even have this Rom patched for time-related encounters, so that couldn't be the problem. Never mind the second edit.
OK, so it turns out that it wasn't even reading anything at all for me, period, so this was an issue. You'll probably think I'm a little special for this, but the error is actually in the INI file. I guess I accidentally bumped my keyboard or something while editing it and the change went through to my buildbox. >.<

So you can either download the latest release again or you can make the edit yourself. To make it yourself to into the INI and find the line that says WildPokemon = 0x84D9Cf. Get rid of the 'f' at the end so it looks like this: WildPokemon = 0x84D9C. That should fix the issue.

Old February 8th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Nex
Also called _Nex_

I like your map connection editor its slightly better than that in advnce map
Old February 8th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

OK all, we've got some good stuff going here. So Emerald has been added to the list of ROMs compatible with my Day/Night Pokemon patch, so if you've been wanting to try it out on Emerald you can grab the latest build and do that. Ruby will most likely come next and after that I'll probably start working on a Block Editor.

Old February 8th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Goombario64
Master of Galaxies

Quote:
OK, so it turns out that it wasn't even reading anything at all for me, period, so this was an issue. You'll probably think I'm a little special for this, but the error is actually in the INI file. I guess I accidentally bumped my keyboard or something while editing it and the change went through to my buildbox. >.<

So you can either download the latest release again or you can make the edit yourself. To make it yourself to into the INI and find the line that says WildPokemon = 0x84D9Cf. Get rid of the 'f' at the end so it looks like this: WildPokemon = 0x84D9C. That should fix the issue.
Sweet, it works now! Thanks a lot for making this awesome program.
Heh, and no worries - we all make mistakes.
Old February 11th, 2014, 04:23 AM
The Stalker

Nature: Lonely
Rather bold of you to criticize Advance Map. With you confidence, I expect that MEH will be a revolutionary map editing tool! Oh, and I have a tiny request/question: Can/Will you (be) mak(e)ing the tool more "eye-candy"?
Old February 11th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stalker View Post
Rather bold of you to criticize Advance Map. With you confidence, I expect that MEH will be a revolutionary map editing tool! Oh, and I have a tiny request/question: Can/Will you (be) mak(e)ing the tool more "eye-candy"?
I probably won't be adding more eye-candy since it's kinda pointless to do so. It will though at least use the system UI so it won't look like Win2k or anything like that, so Mac and Linux users can use the tool without it looking funky.

Old February 11th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Goombario64
Master of Galaxies

So, I have a question: Is it already possible to change the percentage chances of wild pokemon encounters? (not the chance of encountering them all in general, 'cause I've seen that. I mean specific pokemon.)
And I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the Add/Remove buttons to do anything.
Old February 15th, 2014, 02:03 PM
jjf3

Quote:
I probably won't be adding more eye-candy since it's kinda pointless to do so. It will though at least use the system UI so it won't look like Win2k or anything like that, so Mac and Linux users can use the tool without it looking funky.
Hi Shiny,

Would love to help out on this project. I do have some experience hacking pokemon games using the old time stuff like advanced map, which actually worked quite well, but this looks even better!!!!

A couple of questions since I am new:

I am not sure if this is common knowledge in the PokeCommunity but, when will you release the next stable version?

Also, what download link should I use to download it? As I see you are constantly uploading it. I just want the latest release.

In the real world, it's my job to basically analyze technology processes in companies and figure out what works well and what doesn't. Then I get paid to figure out what works and looks better. I also do some (User Interface) UI/Front End web design stuff so I would be happy suggest any features or changes.
Old February 15th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Quote:
So, I have a question: Is it already possible to change the percentage chances of wild pokemon encounters? (not the chance of encountering them all in general, 'cause I've seen that. I mean specific pokemon.)
And I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get the Add/Remove buttons to do anything.
No, but that does give me an idea, because it would be nice to reorder the pokemon. But the percentage encounter rates are hardcoded into the game. I'll look into the Add/Remove buttons, but for the record they are meant to add and remove different environments, not pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjf3 View Post
Hi Shiny,

Would love to help out on this project. I do have some experience hacking pokemon games using the old time stuff like advanced map, which actually worked quite well, but this looks even better!!!!

A couple of questions since I am new:

I am not sure if this is common knowledge in the PokeCommunity but, when will you release the next stable version?

Also, what download link should I use to download it? As I see you are constantly uploading it. I just want the latest release.

In the real world, it's my job to basically analyze technology processes in companies and figure out what works well and what doesn't. Then I get paid to figure out what works and looks better. I also do some (User Interface) UI/Front End web design stuff so I would be happy suggest any features or changes.
Good to know that you are willing to help. You don't have to obviously but if you want to the source code it on my GitHub here.

In reguards to the download link, I have it set up to always link to the latest release. Once I do get a stable version out I'll start linking it to only the stable version and have a nightly link for those who want to live on the edge (or ruin their ROM whichever comes first). As it is now, I'd say it's somewhat unstable but not horribly unstable. The saving system prevents any changes from being written to the file until you actually press the save button. As for a predicted release, I'm aiming for something by the end of this month or the next. Map editing is completely in, all that's missing is a worldmap editor and a block editor.

Old February 15th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I personally don't like primaldialga's DNS as well, and I'm planning on either making my own or using diegoisawesome's D/N system in the future. But currently I'm maintaining compatability with primaldialga's system since it makes it much easier on the ASM side due to the time-of-day status byte it has. But, like 3dd13 above said, being closed source is a serious disadvantage at the current moment so I'd like to get an open source Day/Night system out there so that it can work better with MEH and other tools. I'm also planning on at least adding a bit of configuration with the D/N wild pokemon patching utility that will be added so that if you are using another system a legacy system can be added to update that status byte location manually with just a simple RTC patch, which would help for Ruby/Emerald support in the event that you don't particularly like the ugly palettes of current Day/Night systems.
If/When you do get around to making a Day/Night system, please give us the option to use the RTC that's already present in Ruby/Emerald.

Or did I misread you and the Day/Night Pokemon switch is already compatible with the native Ruby/Emerald RTC?
Old February 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Synchronous
Lying is my forte, you know?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Synchronous
Bleh.

Who knew that my first post on PC in so long would be on this thread.

Anyways, I took a look at your source, and I've made a few changes that make operating the map editor a lot smoother.

Demonstration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntsifq5rgkxfvji/MEH1.mp4

Also consider getting rid of a lot of those extra lines. They're bothersome :o

Maybe consider starting blocks on the same line as the opening statement.

Maybe add me as a contributor.

Github: pokecommunity
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
If/When you do get around to making a Day/Night system, please give us the option to use the RTC that's already present in Ruby/Emerald.

Or did I misread you and the Day/Night Pokemon switch is already compatible with the native Ruby/Emerald RTC?
Currently it uses interdpth's RTC but I could arrange for a vanilla RSE RTC version if that's what the community wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSalamence View Post
Bleh.

Who knew that my first post on PC in so long would be on this thread.

Anyways, I took a look at your source, and I've made a few changes that make operating the map editor a lot smoother.

Demonstration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntsifq5rgkxfvji/MEH1.mp4

Also consider getting rid of a lot of those extra lines. They're bothersome :o

Maybe consider starting blocks on the same line as the opening statement.

Maybe add me as a contributor.

Github: pokecommunity
I'll probably hold off on adding people as contributers. From what I've seen with other, larger projects is that things work best if you have one central code repository and several people with their own personal repositories submitting pull requests. That way people don't accidentally overwrite changes and such. Also, with that said, feel free to submit a pull request for that feature and we could add that in. It looks a lot better than what I did and I wasn't in a position to fix what wasn't broken, so I never bothered. I recall Spherical Ice mentioning that it wasn't quite as smooth as A-Map so this might be a fix.

Old February 15th, 2014, 10:04 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Currently it uses interdpth's RTC but I could arrange for a vanilla RSE RTC version if that's what the community wants.

I'll probably hold off on adding people as contributers. From what I've seen with other, larger projects is that things work best if you have one central code repository and several people with their own personal repositories submitting pull requests. That way people don't accidentally overwrite changes and such. Also, with that said, feel free to submit a pull request for that feature and we could add that in. It looks a lot better than what I did and I wasn't in a position to fix what wasn't broken, so I never bothered. I recall Spherical Ice mentioning that it wasn't quite as smooth as A-Map so this might be a fix.
There is also a bug in git 1.8.5 that prevents contributers from pushing properly. Just thought I'd let you know.

Paired with Simba
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:18 PM
HidoranBlaze

Quote:
Omg that would be amazing! lol
I'm going to hack Emerald, so RSE RTC would be amazing lol
Old February 16th, 2014, 05:13 AM
jjf3

Quote:

In reguards to the download link, I have it set up to always link to the latest release. Once I do get a stable version out I'll start linking it to only the stable version and have a nightly link for those who want to live on the edge (or ruin their ROM whichever comes first). As it is now, I'd say it's somewhat unstable but not horribly unstable. The saving system prevents any changes from being written to the file until you actually press the save button. As for a predicted release, I'm aiming for something by the end of this month or the next. Map editing is completely in, all that's missing is a worldmap editor and a block editor.
The worldmap editor sounds wonderful. Most of the well known hacking tools on here seem a bit archaic to me. Maybe it's the limitations of the games themselves that make it so hard. Maybe that's just because I have a flair for UI but I think a lot of them can be improved upon so the processes of say tile editing is not so tedious. While hacking games is not easy, I'd love to see an easy to use possibly all-in-one system for the masses. Pokemon hacking still seems stuck using 90s technology and processes in this day and age of Mobile Apps and AI algorithms. I'm glad to see you are working on this.
Old February 16th, 2014, 06:35 AM
jjf3

Quote:
Hi Shiny, what program are you using to build and/or test it? For some reason, my bithub is not loading the program, so maybe I am missing something on my computer. I am using Windows 8.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links