The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
acatfrommars
PC fanatic!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Everyone seems to be talking about The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, but let's not forget Rob Burgundy! It premiered on Christmas day and I haven't seen it yet. The movie received decent ratings on IMBD though.

Anyone seen this movie yet? What are your thoughts on it?

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
GOALS
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:31 AM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I've seen it. I didn't like it. The humor seemed dumb and offensive, and I didn't care about any of the characters (except Doby, at least until he turned out to be, well, just a real shark).
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Poki
Et tu, Brute?

Nature: Calm
Rob Burgundy? Who's Rob? :o

Anyway, I'm gonna give it a glimpse pretty soon.
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Faye Rose~
Resilient
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Faye Rose~
The humor is pretty crude, and there was a joke about transgendered people I didn't appreciate, but it was overall an enjoyable movie, if you have an incredibly immature side like me at least.

The Rainbow Connection

TheZenTraveler
Sopheria

4012-4551-1244
Old January 15th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Absolutely hysterical. Definitely one of the funnier movies I've ever seen, and I loved the jabs at the media and American mass media culture thrown in there. I've already seen it twice.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:23 AM
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnick Odair View Post
Absolutely hysterical. Definitely one of the funnier movies I've ever seen, and I loved the jabs at the media and American mass media culture thrown in there. I've already seen it twice.
I agree! It seemed odd at times, but overall was a hilarious movie. The media jokes are perfect because while they are exaggerated to be even more funny, they are based on how things really used to be. The massive amount of cameos in the news battled was awesome too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownDumpling View Post
I've seen it. I didn't like it. The humor seemed dumb and offensive, and I didn't care about any of the characters (except Doby, at least until he turned out to be, well, just a real shark).
Everyone is completely entitled to their own opinions and if you didn't enjoy the movie that's perfectly fine, but I'm surprised you saw it in the first place because of what it is. The Anchorman movies are literally supposed to be dumb and offensive, that type of humor is used purposely, it was intended.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Last edited by pokemasta92; January 16th, 2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links