Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Nuzlocke Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 25th, 2014 (09:46 PM). Edited January 27th, 2014 by Gogoat Rocks!.
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Game: Ruby
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use held items.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

I got my first pokemon from professor Burch, defeated my rival & helped Wally catch his ralts.
On my way to Petalburg woods.

I've decided to call my Pokemon names from the movies made by Studio Ghibli :D

Team:
Spoiler:
Ponyo (Treeko) Lv. 12
Tombo (Silcune) Lv. 9
Jiji (Poochyena) LV. 10
Nausicaa (Ralts) Lv. 7

Boxed:
Spoiler:
None

R.I.P:
Spoiler:
None
Old January 26th, 2014 (08:23 AM).
Long-time Trainer

Nature: Lax
Sign me up for Pokémon FireRed! I'm doing a video series of my playthrough of it too, so as a type of video journal for this thread I'll put the videos here, too, if I can get the youtube button to work for this forum...

Next episode will be out in a couple days!

Gaaaah, why aren't the video links with the youtube boxes around them working?

Check out my videos on Youtube!
I have a series where I do a bunch of different battles, http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx0Cu72jqhF87qdbsuD1NyOWKUViQ1FCP&feature=c4-feed-u
And a series where I'm doing a Nuzlocke Journey. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfUEsSQo7k8
I also have a Blog ( http://arkduke.blogspot.ca/ ) You can follow me on to get info on video releases and
upcoming projects!
Old January 26th, 2014 (06:38 PM).
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Username: Superstrength79
Character Name: Casey
Game: Pokemon Y
Optional Rules:
- Must nickname all Pokemon
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 55 - Dazzling Gleam/Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Cut
- Beatty (Cubone, Lax, Lightning Rod, Rocky Helmet) LVL 56 - Bone Rush/Swords Dance/Headbutt/Rock Tomb
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 42 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Bullet Seed/Shadow Ball
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye) LVL 54 - Night Slash/Air Slash/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Hard Stone) LVL 54 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Lucky Egg) LVL 39 - Aerial Ace/Swords Dance/Payback/Future Sight

Storage:
Spoiler:

- Cally (Lapras, Docile, Water Absorb) LVL 44 - Rock Smash/Strength/Surf/Ice Beam

- Baron (Volbeat, Naughty, Swarm) LVL 19
- Kricket (Sandile, Naive, Intimidate) LVL 24
- Buttercup (Snubbull, Gentle, Run Away) LVL 19
- Whisper (Mr. Mime, Bold, Soundproof) LVL 29
- Paula (Slowpoke, Careful, Oblivious) LVL 26
- Fiona (Stunfisk, Jolly, Limber) LVL 36
- Honey (Electrode, Jolly, Static) LVL 37

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

- Feather (Pidgey) LVL 3
- Merlin (Fennekin) LVL 12
- Punchy (Riolu) LVL 15
- Muse (Roselia) LVL 14
- Mr. Grabby (Bunnelby) LVL 18
- Fang (Zubat) LVL 16
- Seedric (Ivysaur) LVL 30
- Campy (Pansear) LVL 32
- Oblio (Nidorino) LVL 22
- Terry (Aerodactyl) LVL 24
- Elektra (Skorupi) LVL 38
- Punchy (Lucario) LVL 53
- Frosty (Beartic) LVL 45
- Aurora (Aurorus) LVL 54
- Lucky (Abomasnow) LVL 42

Update #10

Route 17:

Actually caught a Snover! Named it Lucky, since that's the Pokemon I was hoping for. Modest nature, which doesn't seem bad. At least I was able to use the mega-evolution after feeding it a Rare Candy.

Got all of the items and just skipped the flying trainers (since I couldn't fight them).

Anistar City:

Beat Calem without much effort. Then proceeded to take on the gym. I had to go back to the Pokemon Center and switch out some party members after almost losing Lil' Boo and Blossom on the first trainer. Pulled out Quacklin', Thumper, and Dodger. Taught Thumper the Payback move again, and he sweeped the gym except for the last Pokemon on Olympia, which I switched into Dodger. Slowking apparently didn't have any other attacks besides Psychic, so I was able to setup Swords Dance and Payback (healing the occasional Yawn) and taking him out in one shot.

Left the gym and the Team Flare event need to be taken care of, so I switched my team around again and took off to Lumiose City.

Cafe Flare:

Beat the two disguised minions without much effort. Then I faced Lysandre! He killed Frosty, Aurora, and Lucky. He almost destroyed Beatty and Blossom as well.... I thought my Nuzlocke was over

Finally took out his Murkrow and went back to the Pokemon Center. Put the newly dead in the dead-box and now Thumper (sans Payback for Bulldoze again), Quacklin', and Dodger are once again on the team.

I was really looking forward to using Aurora and Frosty too... well, Lucky as well, since I wanted to see what kind of damage a Modest Abomasnow could do with Frost Breath

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old January 27th, 2014 (07:27 AM).
The Hype is Real

Nature: Timid
Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Game: Ruby
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:

You may not use held items.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.

Defeated the first gym. easy as pie.
got Peeko back and went to challenge the second gym. no problem thanks to Nausicaa (Ralts)
Found Steven and now on my way to Slatport City
Team:
Spoiler:
Ponyo (Grovyle) Lv. 16
Tombo (Beautifly) Lv. 15
Jiji (Mightyena) LV. 18
Nausicaa (Ralts) Lv. 16
Kiki (Zigzagoon) Lv. 13
Asbel (Shroomish) Lv. 15

Boxed:
Spoiler:
Sheeta (Tailow) Lv. 6

R.I.P:
Spoiler:
None
Old January 30th, 2014 (03:46 AM).

I'm doing a Pokemon Wedlocke Challenge on my Youtube Channel.

Name: Matzeho
Game: Platinum
(I couldn't find any Wedlocke challenge here; so is it ok if I post it here?)
If you don't know what a Wedlocke is then check out my part 0 or check out the famous Youtuber Marriland.
Old January 30th, 2014 (07:15 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Optional Rules:
- Battle style is SET
- No Super Training (EVs can be earned only by battling wild Pokemon and trainer battles. EV bags are ok as long as the Pokemon found it.)
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 61 - Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Giga Drain/Venoshock
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 57 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 61 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 62 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 56 - Night Slash/Rock Smash/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Paula (Slowbro, Careful, Oblivious, Leftovers) LVL 55 - Psychic/Trick Room/Surf/Slack Off

Storage:
Spoiler:

- Cally (Lapras, Docile, Water Absorb) LVL 44 - Rock Smash/Strength/Surf/Ice Beam
- Yveltal (Quirky, Dark Aura) LVL 50

- Fiona (Stunfisk, Jolly, Limber) LVL 43

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

- Feather (Pidgey) LVL 3
- Punchy (Riolu) LVL 15
- Muse (Roselia) LVL 14
- Fang (Zubat) LVL 16
- Campy (Pansear) LVL 32
- Beatty (Marowak) LVL 57

Update #11

Cafe Flare/Lysandre Labs (continued):

After losing three Pokemon, I slowly worked my way through Cafe Flare. I did well until I was challenged my Team Flare Mable. Beatty was doing a good job of absorbing the Flamethrower attacks, but I made a mistake by using Swords Dance, not realizing Houndoom knew Foul Play. The jerk. Cleared out the rest of the labs and went back to town to put Beatty in the dead-box.

In town I put all of my level 50+ Pokemon into the bank and grabbed three replacements - Dodger, Paula, and Fiona. I grinded out some levels for them until they were around level 50+ I also flew to Anistar, thinking I could pick up Flamethrower, but realized it was the time-sensitive NPC that hands it out. I ended up buying Focus Blast.

Team Flare Secret Headquarters:

Took my new team to the HQ and did rather well on the whole run. Paula is really what the team needed; Water-type could laugh at the Fire Pokemon all day. I alternated between her having Focus Blast and Trick Room.

Captured Yveltal to transfer to my Pokemon X when the bank opens. Used it to beat Lysandre, then boxed it. I repeated this process a few times so I could get a neutral nature on it.

Anistar City:

Flew back to Anistar City and I'm going to take a break for a while.

Old February 2nd, 2014 (12:31 AM).
Chaos Incarnate

Nature: Naive
Once again, I'm bored so I'll register again.
Name: Chaos
Game: Pokemon White 2
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:
- Nickname all Pokemon.
- A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
- Every floor/room in a cave/dungeon will be considered as separate areas. Thus, I can capture Pokemon in another area of the cave/dungeon.
- Will not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
- Duplicate clause (No catching of duplicates.)
- Shiny clause (Will capture shiny Pokemon when it appeared even if it isn't the first Pokemon encountered in the route. Though most probably I won't be using them. )

Update:
Spoiler:
The usual introduction. Blah, blah. Skip, skip. I named myself Chaos. Hoho. My rival's Hugh. Ugh. Lazy bones and stuff. And long story short: My mom just barged into my room telling me I have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to an adventure. How awesome. Then she just told me to meet my benefactor: a girl with a big cap. Ok Mom! Then, after I went out of the house, I was blocked by someone. Oh, it's Hugh. Hugh went on with his speech. Ok. So I went to the most obvious place for tourists. As I've thought, she's there. She introduced herself as Bianca. Ok Bianca. Then she let me choose my partner. Hmmm. A life-changing decision. Anyway, I choose the little snubby snake. Named her Louise.

Ugh, looks like I made the wrong choice. How could I get her to warm up to me? Yep, you guessed right. Through a Pokemon battle with that Hugh bastard and his proud pig. This wil be a rated-R show. Long story short, we had pork steak for dinner. Tasty. And yes, Louise looks satisfied with the meal. Though it seems she demands more fitting foes for her. What a girl.

Afterwards came another speech from Mom and Hugh's sister. So you want to make me a courier for that idiot (Hugh)? And it looks like Louise doesn't care. What a snub. Anyway, time for a lecture from Bianca-sensei. Went off to Route 19 for a..capture demonstration. Quick. I want to set off right now! Then, afterwards I met a Patrat right off the bat. Louise attacked. He's still breathing after the attack, so I threw a Pokeball. And he's caught! Our second friend! Named him Sheamus. After that, I trained him until he's tough enough.

Then, we saw an UFO. No, it's a bird. No, it's a plane. No, it's a weirdo old guy with an equally weird hair! A weirdo tried to block us! He introduced himself as Alder. (Seriously, what's with his fetish for cliffs?) We just ignored the old man and went off to the next town. And went off for the next route since this town looks so..BORING/peaceful. Alder's also there, waiting. Like we care. We went off to Route 20, fought some weaklings and met a..seed. A f*****g seed. Oh well, nothing's wrong with reserves. And thus, Alfred the Sunkern joined..no, he went straight to the box.

Afterwards, since I was blocked (I was always being blocked by someone, didn't I?) by another old man, I went to Flocessy Ranch. And there, I met..a Riolu! So that's the fortune's payment for giving me a Sunkern. Anyway, long story short, I also captured him. Named him Anubis, since he looks like Anubis. Then I whip..err..trained the team some. Haha. After that, we went further only to meet..Hugh. Oh well. Another bothersome battle. Long story short, Sheamus made some pork steak out of the opponent. Again. When will they learn? Then the ranch owners came. And they were relaxed as hell. They were facing two trespassers and they weren't even worried? And it looks like they lost a Herdier. And they were still relaxed. Hugh, on the other hand, panicked. And thus the GetBackers was born. Just kidding. Anyway, we searched for the missing dog, running across some trainers along the way. I was raining critical hits on my opponents. What a lucky day, disregarding Alfred.

Then, after searching, I was able to find Herdier..being dognapped. By a weird man in a medieval-style costume. In any case, he called himself a member of Team Plasma. What's that? And long story short, he was able to escape. After throwing an item. Well, Herdier was fine and he was able to return. Obviously, Hugh was in a mood for a sermon.

The road was still blocked by the idiot hiker. Oh well. Time to return to Flocessy Town. After all, the weirdo old guy was waiting..with two youngsters. Another set of opponents. Well, Sheamus ripped them off. After that another weirdo guy blocked my way and forced me into joining their event. I DON'T NEED YOUR USELESS MEDALS!!! I went away afterwards for some training. And box for Anubis (since I want him to have Nasty Plot and he'll get it after a long time.)

Yeah, training arc is boring. Well, I need to be sure of my chances. Along the way, the old bat blocked my way again (what's with his suicidal tendencies? And he survived such a fall? ) to give me...some berries. Yeah, that will be helpful. After grinding, I went back to Aspertia City to face the new gym leader. Turns out its a teenage teacher. WTF. Anyways, he introduced himself as Cheren and I need to wipe the floor clean of trash (or trainers, whatever) before I face him. What a conceited man. Anyway, Sheamus barged his way to the stage. I healed (of course), equipped some Oran berries then faced the gym leader. And I nearly lost Sheamus. If I didn't equipped him with an Oran Berry and used some Potions and the Fresh Water, he would be. What's with their attacks?

Got the Basic Badge (yay!) then went out of the gym only to meet..Bianca. And Cheren seems to know her. Then Prof. Juniper called. Blah, blah, blah. I was too excited to proceed to the next gym to care. So I went to the other part of Route 20, and slaughtered all the trainers out there, including the cocky hiker. While doing that, Louise evolved. Yay! Then I came to Virbank city to see..two weirdos. One was a girl who looked like a granny with her white hair. Another was a funky old man. Well, it looks like the girl was the Gym Leader. And the funky guy was a sailor/aspiring actor. Whatever.

I went to south to find..grass. Yay. Anyway, I saw and I caught a Magnemite. Named it Tesla. Anyway, looks like he's the emotionless type. Just like a machine. Hey, he's a machine! Afterwards, I came inside the Virbank Complex, went directly to the dark grass (since I have a good chance to encounter a good Pokemon there) and I met a Growlithe. Louise and Tesla almost lost their lives (I am an idiot. Seriously. Why did I sent out a Steel-type in front of a Fire-type? Luckily, Tesla has Sturdy.), I wasted some Pokeballs, Growlithe's life is in red zone and still cannot be captured. How annoying. Luckily, the third one had done the trick. I named him Watson. He's one bad ass of a side kick, I might say. Hoho.

Got lazy so that's it for now. Maybe I'll train them later.

Badges:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

Louise, ♀, lvl. 17
Modest
Capable of taking hits
Met at Aspertia City at lvl. 5
Ability: Overgrow
Leaf Tornado
Return
Wrap
Growth

Sheamus, ♂, lvl. 16
Naive
Strong willed
Met at Route 19 at lvl. 3
Ability: Keen Eye
Return
Crunch
Work Up
Detect

Tesla, lvl. 10
Bashful
Mischievous
Met at Virbank Complex (outside)
Ability: Sturdy
Thunder Shock
Tackle
Supersonic

Watson, ♂, lvl. 12
Naughty
Often dozes off
Met at Virbank Complex (inside)
Ability: Intimidate
Ember
Leer
Odor Sleuth
Helping Hand

In the box:
Spoiler:

Alfred, ♂, lvl. 2
Met at Route 20

Anubis, ♂, lvl. 12
Met at Flocessy Ranch at lvl. 5

Valhalla:
Spoiler:
None!!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Old February 2nd, 2014 (09:54 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
Hello, just posting to say I failed miserably in my quest to beat the Nuzlocke in Blue Version. My Wartortle died in Mt. Moon as well as my Magikarp to a Lv. 16 fricking Raticate. I tried to catch a Bellsprout, and succeeded, until it died as well on Route 25. It was just my Butterfree and a derpy Lv. 13 Pidgey I caught against Misty, and... I think you guys know what happened. Anyways, take me off the list, I failed really badly.

I formerly owned several challenges, but no longer wish to run them due to other commitments that I must honor first.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (05:32 AM).
Chaos Incarnate

I forgot to add that this is done in Challenge Mode. Haha. And I had lots of free time. For now. Anyway..

2nd Update:
Spoiler:
Grinded to perfection. Demolished the gym. Strucked the audience. Beaten the Team Plasma wimps.

I thought Tesla can do the job of demolishing the gym alone but Roxie's Grimer, well, had a good move. A few Mud Slaps nearly killed Tesla. So Sheamus took over while I healed him but I didn't expected him to finish it with a single <Return>. Haha. Anyway, got the badge!

On the other hand, Pop Roxie was a freaking idiot. He doesn't know which are the good lines. And I am born a acting prodigy. Hihi.

Anyway, I chased some thugs who thought they could steal my Pokemon only to be beaten by Sheamus the ever watchful guard (and evolving in the process) and went to Castelia City. Yay! New gym.

Badges:
Spoiler:

Party:
Spoiler:

Louise, ♀, lvl. 21
Modest
Capable of taking hits
Leaf Tornado
Return
Leech Seed
Growth

Sheamus, ♂, lvl. 20
Naive
Strong willed
Return
Cut
Confuse Ray
Hypnosis

Tesla, lvl. 20
Bashful
Mischievous
Met at Virbank Complex (outside)
Ability: Sturdy
Thunder Shock
Magnet Bomb
Sonic Boom
Thunder Wave

Watson, ♂, lvl. 20
Naughty
Often dozes off
Met at Virbank Complex (inside)
Flame Wheel
Return
Leer
Odor Sleuth

In the box:
Spoiler:

Alfred, ♂, lvl. 2
Met at Route 20

Anubis, ♂, lvl. 12

Valhalla:
Spoiler:
None!!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Old February 3rd, 2014 (06:45 AM). Edited February 5th, 2014 by Kingdom of Tea.
What you lookin' at?
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Username: Dark Leader Adam
Character Name: Adam
Game: Pokemon Fuligan
Optional Rules:
Spoiler:
- Dupes Clause
- White/Black out is game over.
- Only 3 pokemon center uses per town.

Current Party:

Effy
Level 30 - Jolly - Effect Spore
Sludge Bomb - Sleep Powder - Vine Whip - Leech Seed.

Jewels
Level 27 - Docile - Keen Eye
Quick Attack - Cut - Theif - Defense Curl

Pip
Level 28 - Quirky - Vital Spirit
Karate Chop - Rock Tomb - Mega Kick - Leer

Fiesta
Level 28 - Serious - Swift Swim
Bullet Seed - Astonish - Fake Out - Water Pulse

Boxed Pokemon:
Odd Fish (Oddish), Joey (Rattata), Bonni (Ekans), Wiffy (Bellsprout), Poppy (Seedot), Fes (Meowth)

Deaths:
Chicka (Beautifly) @ Level 24 to a Primeape.
Chocobo (Pidgeotto) @ Level 25 to a Heracross.
Rolo (Graveler) @ Level 29 to a Seviper.
Peckers (Fearow) @ Level 27 to a Ariados.

- Chose Bulbasaur as my starter, named him Effy. (Alora Town)
- Defeated my brother KAZ and his level 7 Dratini.
- Route 1 encounter was a Sentret (Level 3), named her Jewels.
- Route 2 encounter was a Mankey (level 3), named her Pip.
- Trained all my pokemon up to level 10.
- Route 3 encounter was a Rattata (Level 5), named him Joey.
- Beat the Reinbort Gym.
- Buggy Forest encounter was a Wurmple (Level 6), named her Chicka.
- Chicka evolved into a Silcoon (Woop Woop) :p
- Route 4 encounter was a Oddish (Level 8), named him Odd Fish.
- Route 5 encounter was a Lotad (Level 11), named her Fiesta.
- Chicka evolved into Beautifly.
- Effy evolved into Ivysaur.
- Jewels evolved into Furret.
- Fiesta evolved into Lombre.
- Crater Cave encounter was a Geodude, named her Rolo.
- Route 6 encounter was a Pidgey, named him Chocobo.
- Route 7 encounter was a Hoothoot, named her Patron.
- Went back to Xero City and beat the gym leader Amber.
- Route 8 encounter was a Electrike, named him Sparky.
- Chicka died to the Wardens Primeape.
- Chocobo the Pidgey joins the team.
- Trained Chocobo to a respectable level evolving in training to a Pidgeotto.
- Added Rolo the Geodude to the team after finding out what type of pokemon the 3rd gym uses.
- Trained until Rolo became a Graveler.
- Beat Brox City gym leader Jimmy.
- Route 9 encounter was an Abra, it got away .
- Route 10 encounter was a Ekans, named her Bonni.
- Route 11 encounter was a Spearow, named him Peckers.
- Route 12 encounter was a Bellsprout, named her Wiffy.
- Pip evolved into a Primeape.
- Chocobo died to Kaz's (Brother's) Heracross.
- Peckers (Spearow) joins the team.
- Trained up Peckers until he evolved into a Fearow.
- Route 13 encounter was a Seedot, named her Poppy.
- Route 14 encounter was a Meowth, named Him Fes.
- Rolo died to Gio's Seviper.
- Peckers died to Gio's Ariados.
- Sparky and Patron (Electrike and Hoothoot) Join the team.

Screenshots of my playthrough:
Spoiler:
Old February 3rd, 2014 (07:36 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2014 by Superstrength79.
So strong, it hurts!

Spoiler:

Optional Rules:
- Battle style is SET
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 64 - Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Giga Drain/Venoshock
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 62 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 65 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 67 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 56 - Night Slash/Flamethrower/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Trex (Pupitar, Lax, Shed Skin, Lucky Egg) LVL 50 - Dark Pulse/Rock Smash/Bulldoze/Crunch

Storage:
Spoiler:

- Rocky (Graveler, Adamant, Rock Head) LVL 45 - Smack Down/Self-Destruct/Bulldoze/Stealth Rock

- Fiona (Stunfisk, Jolly, Limber) LVL 43
- Gawilop (Poliwag, Naughty, Water Absorb) LVL 25

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

- Feather (Pidgey) LVL 3
- Punchy (Riolu) LVL 15
- Muse (Roselia) LVL 14
- Fang (Zubat) LVL 16
- Campy (Pansear) LVL 32
- Paula (Slowbro) LVL 59

Update #12

Route 18:

Caught a Pupitar and named him Trex. Got all of the items laying around the map and defeated the trainers.

Terminus Cave:

Caught a Graveler and named him Rocky (original, right?). Got all of the items and defeated the trainers.

Couriway Town:

Got all of the items in the North part of town, and then battled the Professor. He killed Paula (thought she could one-shot Venusaur with a Psychic). Took out his Pokemon and went back to the Pokemon Center. Put Paula in the dead box and grabbed Dodger again. Taught Dodger the move Flamethrower in preparation for the Ice gym.

Caught a Poliwag while fishing. Named her Gawilop. Leaving her in the bank most likely.

Old February 4th, 2014 (08:48 AM).
The dead can't speak...that's why i'm always quiet

Nature: Calm
Username:KillerCroCohen
Game: Platinum
Optional rules:
*Nicknaming
*Black\white out=Game over
*Dupes clause
*A personal one for me- Randomizing my ,the rival and the pokemons' names via a site.

So as i said, randomizing my name and got Neemias...greek name,masculine, love it!
My rival is named Conrado.
My starter is Turtwig, and after i saw he was a boy, he was named "Stig"...idk what that name means LOL. Anyway, i got my pokeballs, and went back to 201 to catch a lil pokemon, and it's a...Bidoof. Yay..? I guess i have to, so i caught him and named him "Radoslav".
I also caught a female Shinx on 202 and her name is "Zisel".
After getting the watch thing, i was off tro route 204, catching a Starly,male,named "Sakari".
Then i was doing some grinding and battling to the 10s, finally changed my text speed (that was horrible, all the mediumness)...got a female Zubat at ravaged path, her name is Nastya.
I beat up Conrado on 203 and then went to 218 and caught a Magikarp,female, named "Xiu", then went back to Jubilife, boxed her and returned to 203. I didn't catch anything because i've ssen the same pokemon 3 times in a row, meaning i can't catch anything else on this route...damn abras teleporting.

Pretty productive day, caught 6 pokemon,5 in-party and one boxed:

Gonna do a party update next time!
Old February 4th, 2014 (08:25 PM).

Username: Flame999
Game: Fire Red
Optional Rules:
the rules I'll be doing
You may only have 2 Pokémon Centre visit per town.
You may only use PokéBalls.
My Starter is as follow 1 -3 Grass 4 -6 Water 7 -9 Fire as the last number on my trainer card
if I get a Black out my challenge is over
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old February 4th, 2014 (08:38 PM).

Username: Huntsman06
Game: Fire Red

Rules
  • Pokemon must be nicknamed
  • No items purchasable, excluding regular pokeballs
  • No use of VS seeker
  • May not use any type advantage for Gyms (Elite 4 excluded)
  • No held items
  • Poke center only usable once per town visit (repeatable upon later visits)
  • No flying to/from towns (includes victory rode!)
  • Gyms must be defeated without exiting the Gym prior to completion
  • Traditional dying/catching Nuzlocke rules

Pokemon Requirements
  • 3 Party members may be able to/choose not to evolve
  • Starter Pokemon cannot be used
  • Jynx, Electabuzz, or Magmar must be part of party. Only the one the same type as starter (Bulbusaur and Jynx together of course)

Cause of Game Over: Blackout
Old February 5th, 2014 (06:44 AM).

Yo i'm back with some more Pt Nuzlocke!

episode #2-That's Nasty(a)

So after the Abra incident on 203, i continued to train up and caught a Psyduck on Oreburgh gate, named "Evgeniy". I battled some trainers in the cave and came to Oreburgh, only to find out the leader, Roark, isn't there. So i went and caught a female Ponyta on 207, nicknamed "Sasha". I also caught a Geodude in the mine named "Shelly".
The fight was bitter-sweet, because we won the badge (1/8)..but lost Nastya the Zubat. Not a very valuable team member but well...still.
So it marks our first death and first major win.
R.I.P...
I put Shelly the Geodude on the team instead for the Rock-smashing, and replaced Evgeniy with Sasha.
I met team Glactic for the first time and defeated their...stupid ass pokemens.
Sakari evolved into a Staravia! YAY!
Old February 6th, 2014 (01:47 AM).
Chaos Incarnate

3RD UPDATE:
Spoiler:
4 days worth of updates. Here I go!

I went to the gym, only to see that there's no gym leader. Sucks to have an artist as a gym leader. Then a girl took me to the sewers. Then, Hugh came and proposed a tag team. Ok. Then we saw some bats. I was able to catch one of them. Seriously, teaming up was a huge mistake. Pignite almost killed them all. Anyway, I named the Zubat Vladimir.

In any case, I ditched Hugh and train my new Pokemon. Then we came back and abused Hugh's healing capacity to train again. Also knocked out some trainers. Then we saw what we came for, the Team Plasma. And they have the guts to try to steal our Pokemon. If they can. What happens after was a R-rated show. Simply put, I butchered them (since all his Pignite did was to use Defense Curl). Teaching them Return was a wise investment. After that, we met Burgh and another weirdo scientist with a hair style that rivals Alder. IT'S NOT NATURAL, I TELL YOU!!

I went to Relic Passage next, used 2 Repels and a dust storm came. Whell, those Repels really paid off. I was able to meet a Drillbur. With Sheamus's Confuse Ray and Hypnosis, I was able to wittle his life and a Pokeball did the rest of the job. I will place him as a reserve for now. I named him George. After that, we wiped the Relic Passage. Hehe. Then we came out to the blocked staicase to find that idiot guy blocking the stairs gone. Oh well. Time to explore.

I find..a park. Well, it looks like a park. Oh, a patch of dark grass. I met a Rattata and..an Eevee! Then the next move was obvious. Knock out Rattata, inflict status on Eevee, then capture! Not as easy as it sounds though, since he nearly killed Tesla with some crits. Well, since paralysis is not an option lest Tesla died, Sheamus came and lulled him to sleep. But still, escaping from two Pokeballs is annoying. But the third one did the trick. And he was named Jasper.

After that, I grinded my Pokemon further, then went to the gym. Vladimir was able to nearly solo it. Dwebbles were taken care of Tesla. And he evolved while inside the gym. Twice. So, I faced Burgh with a nasty Crobat on my side. And he never failed to disappoint me. Though I've given the honor of knocking out Leavanny to Watson. And thus, Insect Badge, get!!

Then we went to Route 4. On the way, that scientist with weird-ass hair came and challenge me to a battle which, fast forward, he lost. Oh well. And he removed the blockade which are Pokemons called Crustle. Evolution of that annoying rock bug (Dwebble). And he was able to chase those away with a device. Then I cleared the ruins and while searching, I saw in an open space..a Braviary (Yeah, it was still Monday when I did this). I immediately send out Tesla, who promptly paralyzed him and whittled his life away. Threw 3 Pokeballs in total before he finally complied. And he was named Connor. Guess where I got that name.

I passed by the Desert Resort and saw..a Sandile. Perfect. It's been a while since I used one so he'll be joining. That is if I can catch him. Well, I did with the help of Sheamus. And because he had that bad-ass look, he was named Alphonse. But again, we need to make Jasper evolve. So after that, I skipped the interior and went immediately to Nimbasa City to have fun. But instead, I saw a businessman offering me one of his schemes for getting rich. No please! I had enough of that. But still, that offer looks..lucrative. Hoho. And thus, is how I became the owner of Join Avenue.

I went to Nimbasa City, gained the Soothe Bell, passed by Route 5 to buy some berries but ending up facing a Minccino. Tesla faced him and after a few seconds, he went straight into the box with the name Steve. Then we cycled, I fed Jasper some berries and knocked some wild Pokemon. Then after some time, HE EVOLVED! Yay! I now have an Espeon! (And yes, he evolved in daytime.) After that, I deposited Tesla and Vladimir. Welcome, Alphonse and Connor!
And I grind.

Right now, I'm back at Route 4, sweeping what I've forgotten to sweep.

BADGES:
Spoiler:
PARTY:
Spoiler:

Louise, ♀, lvl. 27
Modest
Capable of taking hits
Leaf Tornado
Return
Leech Seed
Growth

Sheamus, ♂, lvl. 27
Naive
Strong willed
Return
Cut
Confuse Ray
Hypnosis

Watson, ♂, lvl. 27
Naughty
Often dozes off
Met at Virbank Complex(inside) at lvl. 12
Flame Wheel
Return
Leer
Odor Sleuth

Jasper, ♂, lvl. 27
Calm
Alert to sounds
Met at Castelia City (Garden) at lvl. 19
Ability: Synchronize
Psybeam
Return
Growl
Sand Attack

Connor, ♂, lvl. 27
Hardy
Alert to sounds
Met at Route 4 at lvl. 25
Ability: Defiant
Return
Aerial Ace
Hone Claws
Scary Face

Alphonse, ♂, lvl. 25
Jolly
Likes to trash about
Met at Desert Resort (entrance) at lvl. 18
Ability: Moxie
Dig
Assurance
Sand Attack
Embargo

IN THE BOX:
Spoiler:

Alfred, ♂, lvl. 2
Met at Route 20

Anubis, ♂, lvl. 12

Tesla, lvl. 22
Met at Virbank Complex (entrance) at lvl. 10

Vladimir, ♂, lvl. 23
Met at Castelia Sewers at lvl. 16

George, ♂, lvl. 17
Met at Relic Passage

Steve, ♂, lvl. 22
Met at Route 5

DEATHS:
Spoiler:
NONE!!! I was lucky this time!

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:
Old February 8th, 2014 (08:37 PM).

Nature: Lonely
Indiana2solo
Pokemon Y
No Legendary Pokemon

Name: Mr. Friendly

Mr. Friendly finally decided it was time to leave his mothers attic. This was of course only because Grace (his mother) managed to secure Mr. Friendly a pokemon of his own. After feeling like an outsider at a table with a bunch of immature youngsters Mr. Friendly headed out with his new pokemon Boppi.

Soon after learning how to catch pokemon (as if the 28 year old couch potato hadn't looked this up on the internet at least once) he caught himself a little racoon guy he nicknamed ZigZag and then promptly decided to never use again.
His hopes down trodden he moved into Viridian Forrest. Wait, what? Ok, not Viridian forrest and caught himself a little red bird pokemon, TweetsMcGee became his new favorite pal!

On the other end of the forrest Tweets and Mr. Friendly found ZaZa a little blue gal with a big ball dragging behind it as if it was a convict. But Mr. Friendly could sense Huge Power within ZaZa and so took her along. Boppi had a very negative nature and was killing Mr. Friendly's vibe so he quickly moved Boppi to the back where he played no part in Mr. Friendly's glorious victory over Viola, the bug type gym leader.

Active Team:
ZaZa- Azuril lv 14
Charm
Bubble Beam
Tail Whip
Water Sport

TweetsMcGee- Fletchling lv. 15
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Peck

Boppi- Chespin lv. 9
Tackle
Growl
Vine Whip
Rollout

ZigZag- Zigzagoon lv. 4
Who cares

RIP:
N/A

Storage:
N/A

This is my first challenge so let me know if I have done something wrong.
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:45 PM). Edited February 10th, 2014 by Superstrength79.
So strong, it hurts!

Spoiler:

Optional Rules:
- Battle style is SET
- No Pokeaime
- Dupes Clause

Current Team:
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 67 - Shadow Sneak/Leech Seed/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 65 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Cut
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 67 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 63 - Night Slash/Ice Beam/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Toad (Amoonguss, Lax, Effect Spore, Black Sludge) LVL 49 - Energy Ball, Hidden Power: Ice, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis)
- Rocky (Graveler, Adamant, Rock Head, Soft Sand) LVL 49 - Smack Down/Earthquake/Bulldoze/Stealth Rock

Storage:
Spoiler:

- Cally (Lapras, Docile, Water Absorb) LVL 47 - Rock Smash/Strength/Surf/Waterfall
- Fiona (Stunfisk, Jolly, Limber) LVL 43 - Muddy Water/Camouflage/Thunderbolt/Bulldoze

- Gawilop (Poliwag, Naughty, Water Absorb) LVL 25

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

- Feather (Pidgey) LVL 3
- Punchy (Riolu) LVL 15
- Muse (Roselia) LVL 14
- Fang (Zubat) LVL 16
- Campy (Pansear) LVL 32
- Paula (Slowbro) LVL 59
- Trex (Pupitar) LVL 52
- Sir Swagz (Quagsire) LVL 49
- Nails (Gothitelle) LVL 52
- Blossom (Vileplume) LVL 68

Update #13

Route 19:

Caught a Quagsire and named it Sir Swagz. It died relatively fast to a trainer with a Gardevoir... completely spaced that they have Grass-type moves. RIP buddy.

Route 20:

Caught a Gothorita and named him Nails. He evolved after gaining a level. Modest/Competitive, very sweet... aaaand died to a trainer in the woods. Another case of forgetting a Pokemon learns a super-effective move. *sigh*

Pokemon Village:

Caught an Amoonguss and named it Toad. Not exceptional at all, but a good replacement for...

Snowbelle City:

Beat the gym, but Blossom died. She could have taken another Ice Beam to the face, but the lucky SOB got a crit on her. She was a great Pokemon, but everything dies in Nuzlocke :/

Replaced her with Toad and hopefully he can do a good job. (EDIT: Toad's Hidden Power is Ice! Totally going to destroy dragons with this guy)

Old February 13th, 2014 (07:37 AM).

I'm starting a Sacred Gold Nuzlocke Run

Optional Rules:
*5 Chances for Dupes Clause: If I already caught the first Pokemon in a route, I can try again. But I can only do this 5 times for each route. If I have already caught this 5 pokemon I can't catch any other pokemon.

*First Caught, First Trained: If a Pokemon dies, I have to replace it with the first Pokemon in my box. Also I can't box Pokemon if I want to train another one.

*Revive: If I find a Revive (only finding) I can revive the last fallen Pokemon. This rule also counts for Max Revive and revival herb.

*Battle Style: Set
Old February 14th, 2014 (06:25 PM). Edited February 14th, 2014 by Z0MBY.

Well I am going to do two nuzlocke's simultaneously first up
Blaze Black 2 hack
Spoiler:

Must name all pokemon
black/white out is game over
No duplicates
No catch/use legendaries

Meet professor assistant
Picked Tepig
Nickname Blazer
Male
Did pokecenter walkthrough
Went to first route
First pokemon caught Pidgey
Nickname Arrow
Male, likes to thrash about, big beak ability
Met Adler
Went back and trained to level 10
Continued to route 20 battled some trainers then encountered Ralts
Caught Ralts
Nickname Professor
Male, hates to lose, trace ability

Current Team
Spoiler:

Tepig M lvl 10
Pidgey M lvl 10
Ralts M lvl 5
Old February 14th, 2014 (06:28 PM).

Second nuzlocke
Sacred Gold hack
Spoiler:

Must name all pokemon
black/white out is game over
No duplicates
No catch/use legendaries

Day 1
Started game
Picked totodile
Male, likes to fight, Guts ability
Nicknamed Chomps
Trained to lvl 10
Travled to Mr. Pokemon got eevee
Nicknamed it Rusk
Male likes to run, adaptability as ability.
Defeated rival went back to professor elm
Then met with Lyra, then caught my first pokemon (super lucky) starly
Nickname Dutches
Female, likes to thrash about, keen eye ability
Trained all pokemon on first route to 15
Old February 15th, 2014 (06:08 AM). Edited February 16th, 2014 by Matzeho1996.

Update 1+2
Story:
Spoiler:

- Started with Impa the Totodile
- Got Eevee, named Blitz (probably evolve it to Jolteon)
- Defeated Silver
- Caught Wormple, named Moth; Clefairy named Pixi; Dunsparce named Dump and Magikarp named Gara
- Moth evolved into Silcoon
- Also caught Bellsprout named Sarz; obtained Charmander named Glu; caught Geist the Gastly and Magne the Magnetilo
- Moth evolved into Beautifly
- Trained everyone to level 12

Update 2:
- Defeated everyone in the Bellsprout Tower
- Evolved Blitz to Jolteon
- Defeated the Gym Trainers
- Defeated Falkner
- Obtained the Togepi Egg
- Trained everyone to Level 15, except Magikarp (ExpShare Training to Level 20)
- Gara evolved into Gyarados
- Pixi died against a wild Mareep: I missed the first 5 Sing, after I hit it woke up, then I hit him again, but then it woke up again and critted Pixi with ThunderShock
- Trained Sarz to Level 15

Current Team
Spoiler:

Impa, Totodile - Level 15
Blitz, Jolteon - Level 15
Moth, Beautifly - Level 15
Dump, Dunsparce - Level 15
Sarz, Bellsprotu - Level 15
Gara, Gyarados - Level 20

Boxed
Spoiler:

Glu, Charmander
Geist, Gastly
Magne, Magnetilo
Egg

R.I.P
Spoiler:

Pixi the Clefairy
Old February 16th, 2014 (09:01 AM).

Blaze Black Update #1
Story
Spoiler:

Went to the Ranch
First encounter Riolu
Caught it named it Crux
Completed the Ranch quest of finding missing Pokemon
Went back to town talked to Adler, defeated his two students
Went back to first gym Defeated two trainers and gym leader
Continued to Virbank City and into Virbank Complex where I caught a Zigzagoon named Bandy

Sacred Gold Nuzlocke
Old February 16th, 2014 (10:23 AM).

Hi, after not being here i decided im bored.
-Caught a pink Shellos on Valley windworks,named Yuri.
-Stig evolved into Grotle.
-I found a shellos 3 times so i didn't catch anything on 205.
-Zisel died.
-Radoslav died.
-I put Sasha and Xiu unstead and trained. A LOT.
-I caught a Buneary named "Puff". (I decided to drop the random name thing)

I fought Gardenia and lost so cross me outta the list
Old February 16th, 2014 (04:35 PM).
Triforce Holder

Nature: Modest
Wow the hardest part of this challenge sounds like the beginning since you have to release your starter! Is there a recommended game to do this for?

Shellder!!!!! Haunter!!!!!! Ganondorf?
Check out my YouTube! Now starting Ocarina and Pokemon Zeta let's plays!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links