The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:44 AM
The Mega Champion
Strategist

Send a message via AIM to The Mega Champion Send a message via Skype™ to The Mega Champion

Advertise here
Did someone say a Persona RP?

Ever since I discovered that series I fell in love with the series INSTANTLY and I'm still in love with it.

I wouldn't mind attempting to participate in something like that as well.

Let me know.

You are slave. Want emancipation?

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5.

Winter 2014 for PS3.

Old January 12th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
What is Persona actually?
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
Let me google that for you, dear.

I want a space RP. I know Stingray made one recently, might give that a closer look eventually.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old January 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Sadly, I have to leave the RP scene for now. My grades have been faltering, first time ever I had E(58%) as overall grade. I decided to make a little sacrifice and give up my RP time to study more. I'm sorry to all the GMs of the RPs I'm in but I gotta do it for productivity . I'll be back if I get better grades though.

Only RP I'll continue is Johto Mysteries and that's because I'm a co-GM and Dementia is unavailable.

Last edited by Nathan; January 12th, 2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: one post is enough
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Dusk
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
SOULBOND has gathered slight attention, but so far, not enough to pick up. At the very least, give it a look. We need players, we need interesting characters! We need cool people!

Cool people only.

Note: All PC RPers are cool.

Old January 12th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

@ Genesis, that is a mature and wise choice to make. Best of luck with the grades!

@ Dusk, I'll give Soulbond another look after my exams, but no promises :3
i'm not cool but
Old January 12th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
@ Dusk, I'll give Soulbond another look after my exams, but no promises :3
i'm not cool but
You're cool to me, Red's!

You're cool to me... ;_;

Old January 12th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Let me google that for you, dear.

I want a space RP. I know Stingray made one recently, might give that a closer look eventually.
Please do I hope you decide to join
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:06 PM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Finally decided to check out this snazzy new thread...Snazzy...Isn't that the hip thing to say these days? I can never keep up with kids and their new-fangled zingers these days...

@Genesis: It'll be a lonelier corner without you here, G/J-Dog. Come back ASAP. It's sad that that's what I came to here.

Just curious, does anybody else look at other's people SUs to find criteria and avoid making similar characters?
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Just curious, does anybody else look at other's people SUs to find criteria and avoid making similar characters?
Lol yesss this is totally me XD sometimes i get a character idea then i look through everyone else's characters just to make sure that I didn't make them like mine but, if i do I usually just change mine
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Quote:
For this exact reason I sometimes wait until other people have submitted SUs before making my own. Makes it easier to know what to aim for in my character.
Old January 12th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Kranic
What did you say about my hair

Quote:
Yup. I usually try to make a character that fir some needs for the roleplay. Don't want to have another girl when there are 4000 of them. Roleplay has a bunch of super action people, no need to add more. It makes it so you can diversify a little bit from what your original intention was and unlike certain games, you won't really get pigeonholed into roles nobody really wants.

Roleplay Characters

Anise Briar

___

Apollo: A Journey of the Gifted

Old January 13th, 2014, 09:21 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
I can't say I do. I've always found worrying about diversity to be a bit too metagamey for my tastes. Leave that noise up to the thousands of characters not being played by RPers, y'know? When it comes to small details like diversity I usually focus on what I'd personally enjoy playing more than anything else. Larger details tend to factor in what I think other people might enjoy playing with. I keep it nice and simple like that in my head.
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

Quote:
No.

It's not often that I ever read my fellow RPers' SUs. That's out of laziness, not because I don't care. Sometimes I do, especially if I have reason or want to know about their character.

My character is my character. If they turn out "too similar" to another, oh well. I love them as my own. THEY'RE LIKE MY IMAGINARY CHILDREN. WHOSE LIVES I COMPLETELY CONTROL. AND WHO I OCCASIONALLY MURDER.
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:15 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Finally decided to check out this snazzy new thread...Snazzy...Isn't that the hip thing to say these days? I can never keep up with kids and their new-fangled zingers these days...

@Genesis: It'll be a lonelier corner without you here, G/J-Dog. Come back ASAP. It's sad that that's what I came to here.

This is me. I guess it's not so much to not make similar characters, but more so I can gauge what's a good SU and what's a bad SU, so that mine aren't underdeveloped. That's why I also try avoiding first posts.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

I sometimes look at the characters of others before I settle on my own. Most often I read the other SUs anyways, because I want to get a definition of all player characters in my mind :)
Old January 13th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Nakuzami
That Person's Name Is . . .
Community Supporter

I had no idea that we were able to see our own threads that are awaiting approvale

my whole life is a lie ;o;

(btw, that means that I just submitted The Lost Islands League 2.0. Keep an eye out for it, maybe?)
Old January 14th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Guys, Guyyyssss...

There are two open spots in Youkai Academy. The activity has been low lately but I'm trying to bring it back up.

The roleplay is going to start it's last few chapters soon (it'll get a sequel) so if anyone has new ideas for Youkai races, they're welcome as long they aren't ridiculously over-powered d:
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Dusk

I'm gonna drive y'all nuts by saying come on, check out SOULBOND guys (and gals (and other))!

We really need some characters if we're gonna get this ball rolling!

Old January 15th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
The roleplay is going to start it's last few chapters soon (it'll get a sequel) so if anyone has new ideas for Youkai races, they're welcome as long they aren't ridiculously over-powered d:
I bet a lot of people are having a sigh of relief right there! Youkai is a popular thread hopefully activity will rally back up now the holidays are out the way.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:56 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSapphire View Post
Guys, Guyyyssss...

There are two open spots in Youkai Academy. The activity has been low lately but I'm trying to bring it back up.

Tanooki? I would make a Tom Nook Character for the lulz!

I was thinking about joining it but just highschool RP's are hard to keep up with, I love the slice of life genre it's my guilty pleasure but I find it hard to RP.

The Persona RP is on hold until I get back to school.

PairTumblrAnime ListFriend Code
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Rose Quartz
Let's change the future

Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fox View Post
I bet a lot of people are having a sigh of relief right there! Youkai is a popular thread :) hopefully activity will rally back up now the holidays are out the way.
I really hope activity will return indeed ^^ I'm not so sure about the sigh of relief though haha. There's has been 1 open spot for a while now and since Genesis left there are 2 open spots now, I just hope they'll be filled soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Chuckles» View Post
Tanooki? I would make a Tom Nook Character for the lulz!

I was thinking about joining it but just highschool RP's are hard to keep up with, I love the slice of life genre it's my guilty pleasure but I find it hard to RP.
This isn't exactly highschool d; ... well it is, but there has been more story and events than classes, just ask the members theirselves!
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:45 AM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

MOAR SHAMELESS ADVERTISING. YAYS.

There are two open slots in Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale, and I'll probably open up some more soon enough! Trying to get it started soon, so you won't have to wait to post IC once you're accepted.

So, if you like killing goblins and don't mind people who set their beards on fire, this RP might just be for you

Old January 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
I might as well join in the advertising train. There's a few spots open in the Hoenn Diaries right now. We're currently in the third chapter but I make it easy enough for newcomers to join in so don't worry about that!
Old January 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Stingray
This armor... I hate it

Well since advertising is all the rage.

Return From Exile is open for new players. I don't need to fill the slots to start the RP but more players would be nice. Also posted looks for 3 of the alien races to be encountered, and open to SUs for two of them (PM or post on my wall for more details if interested).

This is a non Pokemon Sci Fi RP... any career is open and the action/events will be catered to the characters (though the Story is more set). You can command massive warships (ok not so massive in the beginning), lead Marine boarding parties, be a scientist desperately researching technology to help save humanity, or be a doctor trying to care for the last few humans alive so the race does not die off.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here