The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2014, 09:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
Honestly, I haven't noticed it. Other than on the checklane cards that have to be curled a little bit to even get them out of the packaging. Honestly, I think they've been packing those too tightly lately.
Old February 12th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Profen

Na i dont think thats it. Though maybe the weather is just more humid now in hawaii. So that could be it.
Old February 12th, 2014, 06:28 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

That could be the case, but I don't know your typical humidity out there. It's very arid here this time of year, and that may be why I'm not noticing any curling.
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:41 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Moving onto another topic: if I were to start a free-play league for the TCGO based out of this section, would anyone actually play matches for it? Just wondering. Last time I tried, our most viable method was Skype since no one knew how to use Redshark.
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:27 AM
Profen

I would be all for that. Only if we do fun tournaments like No Exs as well as other stuff.

Though i hate the new format of the program. Its so stupid.
Old February 21st, 2014, 08:43 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profen View Post
I would be all for that. Only if we do fun tournaments like No Exs as well as other stuff.

Though i hate the new format of the program. Its so stupid.
What's up with the new format of it? I don't really use it all that much.
Old February 21st, 2014, 09:39 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Moving onto another topic: if I were to start a free-play league for the TCGO based out of this section, would anyone actually play matches for it? Just wondering. Last time I tried, our most viable method was Skype since no one knew how to use Redshark.
Never heard of Redshark but I'd love to take part in online tournaments. Ideally using real cards over Skype or something would be a lot of fun, but I can imagine a lot of people wouldn't want to do that so using the TCGO software sounds good too! Maybe we can get a small tournament going if enough people are interested.
Old February 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Redshark was the previous project that the devs of PlayTCG.me had worked on. They discontinued it around 2 years ago.

I still need to write up the rules and limitations for that tournament I've been meaning to start that uses just the decks you start out with!
Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:44 AM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Uh, maybe??? I have no competitive TCG skills and knowledge but it would be a good way to learn. Only problem is that I have no idea how it works. It's been over a year since I last touched TCGO and I never really used it in the first place. My default deck is covered in digital web and dust lol.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:59 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post
Uh, maybe??? I have no competitive TCG skills and knowledge but it would be a good way to learn. Only problem is that I have no idea how it works. It's been over a year since I last touched TCGO and I never really used it in the first place. My default deck is covered in digital web and dust lol.
It's a decent way to learn. The TCGO handles a lot of the in-match calculations. The deckbuilder is a bit of a pain to use at times, though.
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Profen

Okay so some guy wanted to get 3 common Reverse Holo cards from me in the PTCGO. All of which i have no interest in anyway. Though he didnt have anything i really was looking for so i told him to offer me something decent.

He offers me Team Plasma Grunt, Plasma Trigger, and Pokemon Communications.

I tell him thats the worst supporter, tool, and a cycled out card. And he tries to convince me that plasma grunt is good...

I'll be honest. I would have traded for pretty much anything viable, cause i dont even care about those cards. But throw crap like that and me and tell me that im stupid for saying bad cards are bad. Thats when I start being a dick.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

TPG is just so useless when there are so many better cards for doing what it does. I mean, Bicycle is dramatically better just because it's an Item. Who would run a Team Plasma card with the intent of junking it for just 4 cards? Now, if it were "Discard 1, Get 4" without the Team Plasma stipulation, it would be much better.

Though it was just 3 common reverse holos, so it was kind of a like for like, I guess.
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Profen

At least mine were reverse holo. I feel like it should have at least been reverse for reverse rather then take cards you want from me and give me crap.
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:18 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Fair point there. Reverses annoy me in the TCGO, though, for some reason I can't quite pin down.
Old February 26th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
I've never been a fan of reverses in general. Especially from the early ex era like Sandstorm. That reverse pattern makes the text really hard to read. The pattern used in sets like Dragon Frontiers is much better because the pattern only covers the actual Pokémon and the card's yellow border, allowing us to be able to read the text and enjoy the background art.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:25 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I don't mind some reverses, but most of the time the non-reverse foil patterns are dramatically more interesting.
Old February 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Thylacane

I got these new energys from my friend that looked wierd to me. They look like normal energys with the old pocket monster back, but on the bottom they have single numbers like 21 or 17 in circles, and opposite of that is either a chikorita or a totadile. Can anyone help tell me whats up with these energys
Old February 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thylacane View Post
I got these new energys from my friend that looked wierd to me. They look like normal energys with the old pocket monster back, but on the bottom they have single numbers like 21 or 17 in circles, and opposite of that is either a chikorita or a totadile. Can anyone help tell me whats up with these energys
I think I know what those are, but could you upload a picture as an attachment to your next post here so I can verify?
Old February 28th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Thylacane

IMG_20140228_172144_894.jpg
This is the card i was asking about i have tons like it and was wondering if anyone knew anything.
Old February 28th, 2014, 11:15 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

They're from the Intro Pack Neo set from Japan.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi..._Neo_%28TCG%29
Old March 8th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Profen

Going to a tournament tomorrow for a booster box. Bringing my edited Fairy Big Basic deck to see how it will do.

My roommate is going with a Tauros/Umbreon deck for funzesy.
Old March 8th, 2014, 03:54 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Let us know how things turn out.
Old March 8th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Profen

Actually they canceled it. But cities or w/e is this coming sat.
Old March 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Darn shame they canceled it. Good luck next week if you go, though!

I really haven't been doing anything TCG related of late other than posting here. Was just about to change that by entering in some of my unentered codes, though.
Old March 8th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Two weeks ago, I bought Chespin theme deck of Kalos Starter set, and I'm really happy with all the cards that I've gotten. :] Been a while since I last bought anything TCG. Going to create a TCG Online account soon, and try to get this deck unlocked. Not really sure how that will go, but we'll see. I'm so new at this, haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here