Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Reload this Page
DCC
General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old March 10th, 2014 (04:42 AM).

K so i got a few games in against some assorted decks. Fairy big basics is working so smoothly its crazy. I do need to do a few edits, but it only lost once to darkrai garbodor.

Darkrai/Sableye/Malmar was a funny match. I went second got a few pokemon out and Mental Trash destroyed my hand turn 2. So I dont remember what happened entirely. But with the max potions, free retreat, and all the huge HP pokemon. I was able to only lose 1 prize eventually overpower it.

Kininja deck i had a similar bad start. No energy for like 4 or 5 turns and tons of supporters. But after i got 1 energy to Xerneas and started geomancy. Cards in hand doesnt matter as long as i have a few attackers out. Eventually took out all the greninja that appeared in play after he sent all his energy to the discard by what i can only assume to be a missplay. Max potion just prevented all the KOs and made him burn energy.

Darkrai/Garbodor is just so scary. Even with so much tech against it. A Terrakion, 3 tool scrappers, virizion ex, and 3 fairy garden. I still had a tough time on the first match. My start was okay but it could have been better. Second match i ended up taking it 6-1 with pure luck on sleep flips and drawing all the right cards when i needed them to counter his strategy atm.

Few things i realize. Xerneas Ex is tons better than i first thought. W/ Muscle Band it's breakthrough is basically darkrai's night spear - 10 damage. And hitting a bench ex pokemon with the spread damage then they are forced to bring it out. Allows Xerneas to use x blast for 140 + 20 hitting 160 with previous spread damage for 190. Muscle band also gives key knock outs on Sableye and majority of small basics.

Xerneas non ex is also a huge life saver when it comes to drawing dead. Even with 0 cards in hand. It can just charge your bench while it eats a few hits and it can make an impossible situation into an advantage. Turning 1 energy into 5 in 2 turns in early game.
Old March 16th, 2014 (02:39 AM).

I got 7th at states. Not too bad. Though after the 4th round i was in 4th. Lost 5th match and dropped to 7th. 3-2 ending Just 1 Tie from top cut... But oh well. Still scored 18 packs and new sleeves in the last round. All for a $10 entry fee.
Old March 18th, 2014 (08:45 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by Profen:
K so i got a few games in against some assorted decks. Fairy big basics is working so smoothly its crazy. I do need to do a few edits, but it only lost once to darkrai garbodor.

Darkrai/Sableye/Malmar was a funny match. I went second got a few pokemon out and Mental Trash destroyed my hand turn 2. So I dont remember what happened entirely. But with the max potions, free retreat, and all the huge HP pokemon. I was able to only lose 1 prize eventually overpower it.

Kininja deck i had a similar bad start. No energy for like 4 or 5 turns and tons of supporters. But after i got 1 energy to Xerneas and started geomancy. Cards in hand doesnt matter as long as i have a few attackers out. Eventually took out all the greninja that appeared in play after he sent all his energy to the discard by what i can only assume to be a missplay. Max potion just prevented all the KOs and made him burn energy.

Darkrai/Garbodor is just so scary. Even with so much tech against it. A Terrakion, 3 tool scrappers, virizion ex, and 3 fairy garden. I still had a tough time on the first match. My start was okay but it could have been better. Second match i ended up taking it 6-1 with pure luck on sleep flips and drawing all the right cards when i needed them to counter his strategy atm.

Few things i realize. Xerneas Ex is tons better than i first thought. W/ Muscle Band it's breakthrough is basically darkrai's night spear - 10 damage. And hitting a bench ex pokemon with the spread damage then they are forced to bring it out. Allows Xerneas to use x blast for 140 + 20 hitting 160 with previous spread damage for 190. Muscle band also gives key knock outs on Sableye and majority of small basics.

Xerneas non ex is also a huge life saver when it comes to drawing dead. Even with 0 cards in hand. It can just charge your bench while it eats a few hits and it can make an impossible situation into an advantage. Turning 1 energy into 5 in 2 turns in early game.
Saw that in action playing my brother, who runs a semi-casual level fairy deck (he's a Magic player first and foremost, so he's got some familiarity with ccg strategies). Was brutal if I stalled out with my janky Crobat deck. The one that I still haven't brought up to Modified standards.

I got 7th at states. Not too bad. Though after the 4th round i was in 4th. Lost 5th match and dropped to 7th. 3-2 ending Just 1 Tie from top cut... But oh well. Still scored 18 packs and new sleeves in the last round. All for a $10 entry fee.
Wiat, Hawaii states has a $10 entry fee? Or was that from a different tournament?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 18th, 2014 (11:39 PM).

They gave a discount for preregistration.
Old March 19th, 2014 (07:53 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

They gave a discount for preregistration.
Ah. So it was States. Minnesota states never charged the 2/3 times I managed to make it to them, so the entry fee threw me off a bit. If you scored 18 packs for 7th, there must have been a much lower turnout than expected.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 19th, 2014 (03:41 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Nature: Adamant
I'm finally in a position where I think I can start collecting again. It's a shame I pretty much completely missed the time where Plasma Blast was easily obtainable. Need to find me some Darkrai tins too so I can finish my deck. I'd like to be able to start playing cards. Liking XY so far though, and a new set comes out in May, so I definitely need to get out to the prerelease event. Always fun.
Old March 19th, 2014 (07:36 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Quote originally posted by Sage Ghetsis:
I'm finally in a position where I think I can start collecting again. It's a shame I pretty much completely missed the time where Plasma Blast was easily obtainable. Need to find me some Darkrai tins too so I can finish my deck. I'd like to be able to start playing cards. Liking XY so far though, and a new set comes out in May, so I definitely need to get out to the prerelease event. Always fun.
Shame, really, because Plasma Blast was the Genesect set. Lots of Genesect there.

Seen anything on prerelease dates yet? I've not seen anything myself, let alone an actual release date.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 22nd, 2014 (06:31 AM).
Child Of Christ
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
[B]
Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Shame, really, because Plasma Blast was the Genesect set. Lots of Genesect there.

Seen anything on prerelease dates yet? I've not seen anything myself, let alone an actual release date.
No not me. Though im hoping flash fire will come out soon

Brother: Starry Windy
Silver Supporter

Old March 24th, 2014 (10:07 AM). Edited March 24th, 2014 by Necrum.
CS

According to Bulba Flashfire comes out May 7th. Unfortunately my pre release events always happen like the weekend before so I don't really get a very big jump on the sets.

There's a few dates for Oregon here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?182593-OREGON-XY-Flashfire-Prerelase-Tournaments

I don't know what states you're all in but if you do some digging you should be able to find your dates.

Speaking of XY sets, anyone else think it's weird that Mega cards have words in the art?
Old March 24th, 2014 (08:21 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

I'm still waiting on the local TO to post the dates on his site for the Minneapolis area prereleases. :(

I think the Megas having text is odd, but it certainly didn't surprise me to see it there when I first saw the XY Megas.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 24th, 2014 (09:49 PM).
CS

Yeah I don't see any info for your area yet. Strange. I hope you get one though! They're loads of fun.
Old March 25th, 2014 (07:14 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Typically, there's 4 for the Minneapolis area, and some others in outstate Minnesota, but we're only a month out from release. Maybe he changed where he posts his event announcements first, or maybe we've got a new TO for the area.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 25th, 2014 (06:54 PM).
CS

Looks like a new set called Rising Fist was announced in Japan, featuring artwork of Mega Lucario.
Old March 25th, 2014 (09:00 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

Looks like a new set called Rising Fist was announced in Japan, featuring artwork of Mega Lucario.
So fast with the next set PR on their part, haha.

What other Megas do you think will be in the set?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 25th, 2014 (09:16 PM).

If older sets say anything. Its most likely just going to be 2 in the set. 1 being Lucario. The next one is kind of a toss up. i can only assume they are going to make ones of each type before doubling up on them. So i can only assume its going to be Electric, Psychic, Steel, or what ever type has no been used yet.

Though if they count Charizard X and Y to separate Megas. Then they might end up doing 3 again or possibly even 4. Though for all we know it might end up being Mewto X and Y.
Old March 25th, 2014 (09:24 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

The Mewtwo Megas seem like they'd get a set to themselves.So does Mega Gardevoir.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 25th, 2014 (11:14 PM).
CS

I think Mega Medicham, being that it's part fighting and would work as a psychic counterpart to Lucario for the set.
Old March 26th, 2014 (05:36 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

I think Mega Medicham, being that it's part fighting and would work as a psychic counterpart to Lucario for the set.
And it also happens to not be one of the featured Megas in the game or a legendary. I like this theory.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 26th, 2014 (07:40 AM).
CS

And it also happens to not be one of the featured Megas in the game or a legendary. I like this theory.
There's also Heracross, I suppose. That's another part fighting type Mega and with it being a themed like that from the sound of things that could be a potential 3rd mega to round out the set. Then again they could be saving it for a set with the other bugs.
Old March 26th, 2014 (07:03 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

There's also Heracross, I suppose. That's another part fighting type Mega and with it being a themed like that from the sound of things that could be a potential 3rd mega to round out the set. Then again they could be saving it for a set with the other bugs.
Wait, what other bug megas are there? I've not delved fully into the Mega stuff, so my knowledge of the ones that aren't legendaries and weren't featured in the game's story is quite limited.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 27th, 2014 (08:07 AM).
CS

Wait, what other bug megas are there? I've not delved fully into the Mega stuff, so my knowledge of the ones that aren't legendaries and weren't featured in the game's story is quite limited.
Pinsir and Scizor each have a mega. There's also Tyranitar, Aggron, Alakazam, Houndoom, Mawile, Manectric, Banette, Absol, and Garchomp.

I do think that it will be Lucario, Heracross, and Medicham though since the set clearly has a fighting theme and they're each dual typed fighting Pokemon. And considering that Kangaskhan is in Flashfire and wasn't one of the Megas in the main story, I don't think it'll matter when these appeared in the game.
Old March 27th, 2014 (09:00 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
CS

I like that theory and will subscribe to it until we hear anything otherwise.

watch them throw a curveball and put in Alakazam and Gengar

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old March 30th, 2014 (11:49 PM).

I just ended up going to a tournament. For some reason it was rather large this week. Went 3-1 with Beedrill getting a "2nd" place out of i want to say like 14. The "" is because there were like 2 other people who also got "2nd." I won 4 packs and got a random prize of a play mat. the 4 packs had basically nothing, though i got a Emolga Ex FA. yay...

Best part of the day was being able to trade for 2 reverse holo juniper and 2 reverse holo max potion. Only 4 more cards to a full reverse holo deck.

That and i had a funny victory of turn 2 Beedrill. Knocking out some random basic 60 hp pokemon.
Old April 2nd, 2014 (08:42 AM).
Child Of Christ
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
I just ended up going to a tournament. For some reason it was rather large this week. Went 3-1 with Beedrill getting a "2nd" place out of i want to say like 14. The "" is because there were like 2 other people who also got "2nd." I won 4 packs and got a random prize of a play mat. the 4 packs had basically nothing, though i got a Emolga Ex FA. yay...

Best part of the day was being able to trade for 2 reverse holo juniper and 2 reverse holo max potion. Only 4 more cards to a full reverse holo deck.

That and i had a funny victory of turn 2 Beedrill. Knocking out some random basic 60 hp pokemon.
Congrats second place isn't all that bad. Though might i ask what deck beat you for first place?

Brother: Starry Windy
Silver Supporter

Old April 2nd, 2014 (09:04 AM).
CS

That's pretty awesome! It's good to know that Beedrill is useful SOMEWHERE since it's utterly useless in the video games. ;)

Sponsored Links