Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:54 AM
VivaLaJam26

Advertise here
So, I've got a copy of Soulsilver with my team I've had for a while. I'm looking at moving them across to X&Y.

Now, from what I understand, the only way to do this would be to transfer them to Black & White 1/2 and then transfer them across to X&Y when the bank is up, correct?

Now my issue is, I don't have a legit copy of White, running it off an R4 card, will that still work?

Also my biggest concern is that some the Pokemon I have in Soulsilver I didn't get legitimately. My team consists of 2 that I had to get from a Platinum ROM. I haven't changed any of the stats or anything, in fact I normally moved them to soulsilver to then breed to produce and egg and then I'd use that instead of the Pokemon from the platinum Rom.

Since Soulsilver came out I've restarted it and moved Pokemon to and from the game to Platinum Rom and back, will this cause an issue transferring them to Y?

Short story: Can I trade Pokemon from Soulsilver, to a White ROM then to Y?
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:09 AM
berlyda
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
At the absolute max with Quick Feet, Mightyena hits a Speed of 201 (at level 50). That basically outspeeds anything not using a Choice Scarf and outspeeds positive natured base 130's by one whole point. Sounds pretty good to me, but there is enough Scarfers and Pokemon that can boost their Speed that Sucker Punch is probably a good idea (especially since I can't assume that yours has 31 Speed IVs and a Speed boosting nature). So put it on Mightyena.
Oh wow, I hadn't done the calculations and assumed it would be worse than that. I should mention that mine has a Jolly nature and max EVs in Speed but only 23 IVs in Speed. I think I'll keep Sucker Punch, but I'll try out Crunch too. Thanks!
My friend code is 1547-5175-7641; feel free to add me! Send me a message with yours and I'll add you back.

Old January 7th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Lavender Grace
<3

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
Lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes, and the odds of encountering a wild Pokemon holding an item will increase from 5% to 20% - source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Compound_Eyes

Oh and teach it Thief so you can just steal the item without the need to catch the Pokemon. Butterfree, Vivillon and Yanma have Compound Eyes and can also learn Thief, and they're easy to come by too.
Oh wow, thanks this is really useful!
Friend Code: 0533-5588-5025
Friend Safari Type: (Bug - Paras, Volbeat, Venomoth)
(PM me )
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Sebastian_Sommer
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
I believe you cannot use your white version for the 3ds cause the updates prevents the use of R4's. So if you are planning to migrate your pokemon through the pokebank, then you are better off purchasing an actual copy of the 5th generation game.
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:45 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Edit - Nevermind guys, this was the wrong thread.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Lavender Grace
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
Lead with a Pokemon with the ability Compound Eyes, and the odds of encountering a wild Pokemon holding an item will increase from 5% to 20% - source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Compound_Eyes

Oh and teach it Thief so you can just steal the item without the need to catch the Pokemon. Butterfree, Vivillon and Yanma have Compound Eyes and can also learn Thief, and they're easy to come by too.
Is Vivillon the one with the different forms?
Where could I find a Vivillon or Butterfree? You say they're quite easy to come by - in Safaris and/or on GTS?
(PM me )
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Zekrom
The Fell Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender Grace View Post
Is Vivillon the one with the different forms?
Where could I find a Vivillon or Butterfree? You say they're quite easy to come by - in Safaris and/or on GTS?
Yes, Vivillon has all those different wing patterns. Scatterbug and Caterpie can be found in Santalune Forest.

This month we're celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Pokemon X/Y! Check out these events being held in Kalos's honor:
PR Video Contest
X/Y The Favorite Challenge
XY Anniversary Tournament

This month is also Halloween month, so make sure to stop by Necrum's Carnival of Horrors!

My Trade Shop (currently open)
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Lavender Grace
<3

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use my Master Ball on?
(PM me )
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:36 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender Grace View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should use my Master Ball on?
I used mine on Mewtwo so i could get the correct nature quickly.I was already tired with Zygarde and Yveltal.Since there are not any roaming pokemon this time around i dont think the M.Ball is that important.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Layla-Mai

Them coming from a rom shouldn't cause a problem I don't think, their stats and moves will all be legit.
But I assume you'll have to have the copy of Black/White/2 in the 3ds system so the flash cart won't work for that.

If you don't want the 5th gen games and it's only a small number of Pokemon, you might be able to get someone to trade from your rom to their game and them trade you it back to X/Y? That's the only other option I can think of other than buying a gen 5 game!
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
ENDeverMORE
Totally Free

Anyone know anyone with a poliwhirl friend safari?
FC: (3110-5520-5107)
Friend safari type: Ice
Pokemon: Snover, Bergmite, Cloyster.
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:05 AM
VivaLaJam26

How do you trade exactly?

I haven't got a 3DS yet, but I originally thought that if you had a DS with a a Gen V game in it you could trade with a 3DS with X/Y in it wirlessly?
Looking for

I'm only looking for the mega stones not the actual Pokemon themselves.
Friend Code:3626-0107-2731 IGN: Jamie
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDeverMORE View Post
Anyone know anyone with a poliwhirl friend safari?
Try looking in this post in the Friend Code exchange thread. It has a link to the list of all the Friend Safaris for members here at PC and which Pokemon they have.

Good luck getting that Poliwhirl!
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaJam26 View Post
How do you trade exactly?

I haven't got a 3DS yet, but I originally thought that if you had a DS with a a Gen V game in it you could trade with a 3DS with X/Y in it wirlessly?
No a regular DS cannot connect to a 3DS. It is not possible. You would need two DS systems to trade to Gen 5. Then you put the Gen 5 into a 3DS to use Pokétransporter.

I'm not sure if two 3DS would work but I'm assuming it should. The DS and 3DS don't connect to each other though.
Normal Safari: Kecleon, Lillipup, Ditto
(Ditto Unavailable Due To Restart)
Azire's Premier Pokémon
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
If you buy an official copy of a Gen 5 game you can trade the Pokemon you want from your SS.

When you use a 3DS with a DS game, it's like having a DS. For example. If you use Soul Silver in your DS and Black/White/Black 2/White 2 in your 3DS you can transfer your Pokemon to the 5th Gen game.
3DS Friend Code: 2595 0605 8229

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Alster26

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAzire View Post
No a regular DS cannot connect to a 3DS. It is not possible. You would need two DS systems to trade to Gen 5. Then you put the Gen 5 into a 3DS to use Pokétransporter.

I'm not sure if two 3DS would work but I'm assuming it should. The DS and 3DS don't connect to each other though.
Actually a DS and a 3DS can connect wirelessly. I have done it before when trading between two of my 5th gen games. However, you cannot trade between X or Y and a 5th gen game which makes sense for obvious reasons.
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM
ENDeverMORE
Totally Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
Try looking in this post in the Friend Code exchange thread. It has a link to the list of all the Friend Safaris for members here at PC and which Pokemon they have.

Good luck getting that Poliwhirl!
Thanks, but I already did, and some people don't list themselves like I got a friend with a good electric safari, he's not listed.
FC: (3110-5520-5107)
Friend safari type: Ice
Pokemon: Snover, Bergmite, Cloyster.
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Magikarp From Hell

One simple question. Is it worth getting? I've played Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 on a ROM (not promoting it, I know it's not allowed). I enjoyed all of them, except 4 because it felt so different to me. I'm now considereing buying Y because the designs look so cool and I haven't experienced Pokémon games with wi-fi yet (:
Shinies Pokémon X: Dugtrio (Random Encounter), Clawitzer (Chainfishing 24 Streak), Gible (Acidently MM After 14 Eggs), Shroomish (MM After 210 Eggs), Treecko (MM After 42 Eggs)

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old January 7th, 2014, 01:47 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
Question.. Im trying to breed a perfect 6IV gible.. Are my chance better with a 5iv gible + 6iv ditto or 5iv male gible + 5iv female gible?

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:50 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp From Hell View Post
One simple question. Is it worth getting? I've played Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 on a ROM (not promoting it, I know it's not allowed). I enjoyed all of them, except 4 because it felt so different to me. I'm now considereing buying Y because the designs look so cool and I haven't experienced Pokémon games with wi-fi yet (:
X and Y are worth buying. The graphics are incredible, as are the new battle mechanics (Mega Evolutions, in particular).

Old January 7th, 2014, 01:53 PM
§1
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
to get the shining charm, do i have to obtain every pokemon; or do i just have to have seen every pokemon?

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Pokeballin

Quote:
Originally Posted by §1 View Post
to get the shining charm, do i have to obtain every pokemon; or do i just have to have seen every pokemon?
Obtain them to reg them in your pokedex.

Quote:
Does anyone know the answer to this?
Well I would say 5IV+ 6IV then a 5IV+5IV. I got a 6IV Froakie from a 6IV and a 5IV.
Completed National Pokedex
FC: 0791-2502-2699 Flying type Tranquill, Doduo and Rufflet

Last edited by Pokeballin; January 7th, 2014 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:32 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeballin View Post
Obtain them to reg them in your pokedex.

Well I would say 5IV+ 6IV then a 5IV+5IV. I got a 6IV Froakie from a 6IV and a 5IV.
Thanks! Just got my 6IV Gible after about 95 eggs!

It has sand viel abilitly though
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Zekrom
The Fell Dragon

Quote:
Thanks! Just got my 6IV Gible after about 95 eggs!

It has sand viel abilitly though
One of the parents needs to have Rough Skin as an ability in order for the baby to have it as an ability. Males with Hidden Abilities can only pass them down when they breed with a Ditto (I think).

This month we're celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Pokemon X/Y! Check out these events being held in Kalos's honor:
PR Video Contest
X/Y The Favorite Challenge
XY Anniversary Tournament

This month is also Halloween month, so make sure to stop by Necrum's Carnival of Horrors!

My Trade Shop (currently open)
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM
RyanGT
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
One of the parents needs to have Rough Skin as an ability in order for the baby to have it as an ability. Males with Hidden Abilities can only pass them down when they breed with a Ditto (I think).
Yeah the parent has rough skin , alot of my eggs hatched with rough skin unfortunately the 6IV hatched with sand viel, ugh
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here