Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:05 AM).
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
I do the E4. Over 100k cash without the OPower for prize money and good experience using the XP OPower. Credits are easy to get past, when it starts scrolling, hold A and it speeds up. Just be sure to have a flyer with you.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:07 AM).
hchaos2

Quote originally posted by berlyda:
Is it Lv.1? EVs determine stat gains upon levelling up, so you won't notice any difference on a Lv.1 Pokemon. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not 100% sure
Nope. Its now a level 17 Charmeleon and I'm training its Speed and its speed is 33 and I added 12 EVs into it and noticed nothing increased, even though the Super Training chart says otherwise the actual stats are not increasing.
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:15 AM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by hchaos2:
Nope. Its now a level 17 Charmeleon and I'm training its Speed and its speed is 33 and I added 12 EVs into it and noticed nothing increased, even though the Super Training chart says otherwise the actual stats are not increasing.
Ah, I've realised the answer to your problem. You get one extra stat point for every four EVs at Lv.100. A Pokemon on a low level will need more EVs before you notice any stat increases. Even 12 is probably not enough.

Old January 8th, 2014 (10:19 AM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Stlcardinal50:
The ONLY problem with this method.... ROLL CREDITS at the end
In previous generations the game was automatically saved after your team is registered in the Hall of Fame, so you could soft reset to skip the credits and when you loaded the game again you'd be back in your room. I'm not sure if this is still the case in X and Y, but I would expect so.

Old January 8th, 2014 (10:35 AM).
Lavender Grace
<3

Nature: Quirky
Yeah, that was a legendary bird encounter. It's fairly rare, and annoyingly it will flee every time before you have a chance to do anything. But now that you've already seen it once, you can track its location on your Pokedex. Once you bump into it 12 times, it will appear in the Sea Spirit's Den, where you can battle it properly.
Yeah I had a go at chasing it but by the time I got to its location, it had moved again. Any useful hints on tracking it down?
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:40 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Lavender Grace:
Yeah I had a go at chasing it but by the time I got to its location, it had moved again. Any useful hints on tracking it down?
Like R/S/E, the Pokedex tracks down the location of the roaming legends. It moves if you Fly to a new location or if you can't get to the legend's location fast enough.

Old January 8th, 2014 (10:59 AM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Can someone explain to me briefly about IVs and Natures? (I understand there is an article on Bulbapedia about IVs but a brief explanation would be easier for me)
I was told that to have a "perfect IV" Pokemon the values (Sp.Atk, Speed etc) have to all be 31... but wouldn't this be a bit pointless considering these values increase as the Pokemon levels? Or do all the values have to have equal numbers or add up to a certain number or something? -confused-
You can't see IVs (individual values); these are hidden numbers that are generated when you breed the Pokemon or catch it in the wild. There's one value for each stat, ranging from 0 to 31. They don't change as the Pokemon levels up, they are just added to the Pokemon's stats, the numbers you see in the Pokemon's page. Basically a Pokemon will have higher stats the higher his IVs; for example a level 50 Pikachu with a value of 31 in Sp. Atk. will have a higher Sp. Atk. stat that a level 50 Pikachu with only 10 in Sp. Atk.

Again, you can't see IVs, they are hidden. You can go to the Kiloude City and ask the IV judge there; his ratings have been explained earlier in this trade many times
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:09 AM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
In previous generations the game was automatically saved after your team is registered in the Hall of Fame, so you could soft reset to skip the credits and when you loaded the game again you'd be back in your room. I'm not sure if this is still the case in X and Y, but I would expect so.
It is. Unless you beat it for the first time, in which case you have to face AZ again, but that's probably irrelevant.
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:25 AM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

PlatinumDude pretty much covered all that can be said. It's pretty hard to chase down, and very frustrating. I gave up purposefully chasing it after about an hour of trying. Instead I went around catching all the other Pokemon I needed to complete the Kalos Dex, and I ended up bumping into it 12 times through doing that. So my advice, as ridiculous as it sounds: let it come to you Unless you have the patience to run around after it all day.

Old January 8th, 2014 (11:45 AM).
hazard7272

Possible dumb question..... I have a level 100 mawile that I need to reconfigure the EVs for. If I use a reset bag and rebuild him EV wise, will it have any effect, or will I need a new mawile?
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:46 AM).
DragonDude88

Hey there,

I am in the process of Breeding dragon pokemon and wondered what is the best nature for Dragon pokemon?
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:49 AM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by hazard7272:
Possible dumb question..... I have a level 100 mawile that I need to reconfigure the EVs for. If I use a reset bag and rebuild him EV wise, will it have any effect, or will I need a new mawile?
Yes, you can use the Reset Bag and retrain your Mawile, because the stats will be recalculated at the end of each battle, so the new EVs will be applied.
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:53 AM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by DragonDude88:
Hey there,

I am in the process of Breeding dragon pokemon and wondered what is the best nature for Dragon pokemon?
Depends on the Dragon Pokemon. What are you currently breeding/plan to breed?

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:56 AM).
DragonDude88

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Depends on the Dragon Pokemon. What are you currently breeding/plan to breed?
at the moment I am breeding:

Axew
Bagon
Tyrunt
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:05 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by DragonDude88:
at the moment I am breeding:

Axew
Bagon
Tyrunt
In that case:
-Axew: Adamant or Jolly
-Bagon: Hasty or Naive
-Tyrunt: Adamant or Jolly

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:08 PM).
1stOfSeptember
The Oncoming Storm

Nature: Modest
Hello everyone,

I'm new here so I hope that this is the right place to post my question. Just recently finished Pokemon X and luckily enough I received a Male Ralts with 5 perfect IVs with only Spd missing through a wonder trade. I ended up breeding that with the female Ralts that Diantha trades. It took me about three hours and 3 boxes to get my ideal Ralts but it was worth it.

A Modest Female Ralts with Synchronize and 6 perfect IVs.

Now, what do I do? Do I EV train this? Can I just Super Train this with my chosen stats? Do I just normally go through training and leveling and ignore EV training and super training?

How do each of them really affect the Ralts since I still don't fully understand the end result of EV training other than higher stats.

Please help, I really don't know where to go from here.
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:12 PM).
DracoLatch
http://www.pokecommunity.com/s

When is pokebank coming out? Has it already been released in countries other than America because I see people with extremly rare pokemon which I don't recall being able to get without pokebank.

FC: 2809-8370-7209
IGN:!
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:20 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by DracoLatch:
When is pokebank coming out? Has it already been released in countries other than America because I see people with extremly rare pokemon which I don't recall being able to get without pokebank.
The new release date for American/European Poke Bank hasn't been announced yet. It's best that you wait until the Pokemon Company and/or Nintendo announce it.

Old January 8th, 2014 (12:24 PM).
Fabe Franco
PKMN MC (wow that's corny...)

Nature: Relaxed
What you do naturally depends on your preferences. You will get your EV's regardless, but if you want to specialize your PKMN (which is recommended), EV-training in particular stats is essential.

What I usually do is to either get a lot of Pokemiles through wonder trading and thus use them through mileage club (you get twice as many rare candies there!). I spend them on rare candies and give them to the bred PKMN. After the level 90-gain, I usually start EV training.

But you can start whenever you want, really.

Franco

Who says PKMN and hip hop aint compatible huh?! I bet Lupe Fiasco
drags a 3ds with him wherever he goes! Plus, Kendrick is a good kid. I'm a good kid...
don't judge me!!! I'm cool!!
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:31 PM).
steve12345

Quote originally posted by Fabe Franco:
What you do naturally depends on your preferences. You will get your EV's regardless, but if you want to specialize your PKMN (which is recommended), EV-training in particular stats is essential.

What I usually do is to either get a lot of Pokemiles through wonder trading and thus use them through mileage club (you get twice as many rare candies there!). I spend them on rare candies and give them to the bred PKMN. After the level 90-gain, I usually start EV training.

But you can start whenever you want, really.

Franco
I thought you lost stat points or EVs or something when you used rare candies? I don't know, maybe I read something wrong. But I've always stuck to the 'Defeat as many trainers and the Elite Four over and over and over again until I have Level 100 Pokemon' Method, so I'm biased.

4270-1999-5786

Name
Ivaan
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:37 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by steve12345:
I thought you lost stat points or EVs or something when you used rare candies? I don't know, maybe I read something wrong. But I've always stuck to the 'Defeat as many trainers and the Elite Four over and over and over again until I have Level 100 Pokemon' Method, so I'm biased.
That's a myth.

What happens in the older games (prior to Gen V) is, once you reach level 100, you cannot gain any more EVs. Using rare candies to level up does not grant any EVs, so naturally Pokemon who gained experience "normally" would have better stats than those who were fed rare candies to level 100.

Now you don't have to worry about that as even if you're level 100, you can still EV train and in XY you can even keep track of your EVs in Super Training.

WHIRL ISLANDS' FINEST (PKMN SHOP)
MY TRADE REVIEW THREAD
XY/ORAS FRIEND CODE: 3969-4824-9126

Old January 8th, 2014 (12:38 PM).
Stlcardinal50

Send a message via AIM to Stlcardinal50 Send a message via Skype™ to Stlcardinal50
1st thing I normally do is figure out the Pokemon I want on Pokemon Showdown, so I get the exact desired result.

After getting the perfect Pokemon I Super Train the EVs to my desire before doing any battling because if you do battles it will start filling in your EVs automatically. Once you fully train @ level 1 then it is set for life.

Also, don't forget you can get moves for Pokemon after they evolve with Heartscales that they don't learn from leveling. Example: Charizard can learn Air Slash listed as a level 1 learned move. After that you just need to level him to 50 to be fully ready for competitive battles.
Visit My Trade Reviews

Perfect (6 IV) Collection:

Old January 8th, 2014 (12:39 PM).
Lavender Grace
<3

Is it compulsory to save every single time you make a Wonder Trade? Is there a way to turn this off? The constant saving gets a bit annoying.
Old January 8th, 2014 (12:42 PM).
Stlcardinal50

Send a message via AIM to Stlcardinal50 Send a message via Skype™ to Stlcardinal50
If they didn't make you save every time you did it people could trade then turn their game off/on and still have the traded Pokemon :O. So it is mandatory to keep things legit, no way to avoid that.
Visit My Trade Reviews

Perfect (6 IV) Collection:

Old January 8th, 2014 (01:03 PM). Edited January 8th, 2014 by Lavender Grace.
Lavender Grace
<3

Quote originally posted by Stlcardinal50:
If they didn't make you save every time you did it people could trade then turn their game off/on and still have the traded Pokemon :O. So it is mandatory to keep things legit, no way to avoid that.
Ah, of course. Makes sense ha. Thanks

EDIT: I think I may have posted this in the wrong thread, was supposed to be in Quick Q&A :o
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links