The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 6th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Ravio
And I am one of a kind.

Nature: Adamant
*No real spoilers in this post, but not for the rest of the thread!*

Sarah is streetwise hustler who's returning to her hometown to try and reclaim her life, and her daughter Kira. She's running from an abusive ex boyfriend, from who she stole a large amount of cocaine from. When at the train station, she sees a girl from behind who looks very distressed, and is pacing around. Sarah goes to get a better look as the girl puts her purse down and takes off her shoes. When the girl turns around, Sarah sees that they look identical... and then the mystery girl throws herself in front of a train.

Shocked at the event that just occurred, Sarah looks around wildly as people rush to the scene. She sees the purse the girl left, and takes it and runs. Sarah decides to impersonate this girl (known as Beth Childs) and see how much money she can get out of the ruse of being Beth, who seemingly had a perfect life by the looks of her house, clothes and boyfriend. But as she continues to live Beth's life, she becomes trapped in the tangled web Beth wove. Her scheme to get in and get out with 75 grand for her, Kira and her brother Felix isn't going as planned. And as she continues to be Beth, more and more lookalikes begin to show their faces. Who are they, and what relation do they have to Sarah, who grew up in foster care? And more importantly, who's killing them off?

--------

Now that that introduction to the show is done, let's discuss for those who HAVE seen the show! First and foremost, who was your favorite character that was introduced? And furthermore, what was your favorite dynamic or relationship between characters? What did you think overall of the show, and what did you think of that finale that left more questions than answers? (even though every episode does that!) What do you think will happen in the upcoming season? What would you like to see happen, or what would you like to see the series explore? Is there anything about the show that you would have changed - a character, an event or a subplot? Which character was your least favorite? Do you think Alison and Sarah made the right choices in the final episode? And also, wasn't Tatiana Maslany's acting amazing?

My life is someone else's experiment.
Old January 7th, 2014, 03:14 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
OMG I just decided to finish watching the rest of season one because I couldn't sleep and every episode that I watched left me completely speechless. I had to continue watching or else I would have been miserable from wondering what was going to happen next haha. I'll put my post in a spoiler because it likely will contain some and I would absolutely hate to ruin the show for those who haven't seen it!

Spoiler:
Don't trust anyone! That should totally be the motto of this show because you honestly cannot.

I guess I'll start off by how I started watching the show! I had actually never heard of it, there were no advertisements on TV(at least not on any station that I watch), and I really hadn't looked online for TV shows recently but a good friend referred it to me ;] I won't lie, I was very skeptical about watching this at first because the plot just didn't seem like it would be very compelling and I just didn't see it going anywhere. I was totally wrong about this. I was drawn in from the very beginning and I just couldn't turn it off. Every episode did a good job just as the OP says and leaves you questioning what is going to happen next. Nothing goes fully answered and I think that is what is so special about this show. There is ALWAYS a reason or 2 or 10 to keep watching. I am sure most people are completely confused after the first episode or two like I was but once it starts making sense it just gets better and better. This show has absolutely everything that one could ask for in a good drama. It has amazing character development, storyline, visuals, and pretty much anything else you would want!

I guess to answer the questions above I'll just list them out!:

1. First and foremost, who was your favorite character that was introduced?

Without a doubt this is the hardest question to answer because as I said above the show does an amazing job of developing each and every character that it is almost impossible to pick a favorite. The best I can do is narrow it down to 3 and those are: Sarah for obvious reasons. She is the main character who had her life completely turned upside down and is doing the best she can out of an extremely bad situation. She is just so amazing and there are just an infinite about of things to like about her. Felix is also one of my favorite characters but for a different reason. He is just incredibly likable because he always brings a sense of comedy to the situation. I think it provides a good balance to go along with the tense drama that surrounds the show. Last but not least, Alison also makes the list here. Idk what exactly it is about her that makes her such a great character. Maybe it's the fact that she lives the most normal life of the clones and then seems to be in the worst situation by the finale.

2. And furthermore, what was your favorite dynamic or relationship between characters?

Easy one here for me! It was definitely the bond that was felt between Sarah and Helena. From the minute that the two came in contact you could almost feel through the TV the obvious connection between the two(other than the fact that they are clones) that was later revealed to be that they were more than that. They were improbable twins and shared a connection unlike any of the other clones.

3. What did you think overall of the show, and what did you think of that finale that left more questions than answers?

As already stated, I think highly overall of the show. There are a few moments that still leave me guessing that probably should have been answered before next season but overall I would probably rate the show about 9/10. I just hope that next season is just as intriguing because as good as the show is, how far can they really go with it? Who knows, maybe they have a lot planned! As for the finale, I am left asking a ton of questions myself! The biggest one is where is Kira? What is going to happen with Alison's life now that she signed the contract? How will it affect her when she finally does discover she let her best friend die for nothing and that her husband is the true monitor? Will Cosima survive without proper medical care for her respiratory problem? Will she too sign the contract? Are there more clones and if so, how many? And lastly, is Helena truly dead? Something tells me probably not.

4. What do you think will happen in the upcoming season?

Hopefully just more answers to unanswered questions! Obviously the living clones are going to find out more and more about what is going on, Sarah will start the season on a mission to find her daughter and foster mother, and it seems as if Alison might be in the most trouble as we speak. I just cannot wait until April to find out!

5. Is there anything about the show that you would have changed - a character, an event or a subplot?

To be honest, no! I think the show did a good enough job to keep the audience entertained and I am sure that the upcoming seasons will take care of everything else.

6. Which character was your least favorite?

This one was really hard as well because even though not every character is good to say, most are still likable in a certain way(like Victor) I guess if I had to pick it would be Dr. Leekie just because of how he is tricking the clones into thinking they will have their lives back if they sign his agreement but when truthfully they just become property.

7. Do you think Alison and Sarah made the right choices in the final episode?

Alison did not at all imo. She was confused and made the wrong decision by letting her friend die because she wanted to get back at her, but she now has bigger problems on her hands. Her husband is still monitoring her and she just signed the agreement that likely took what life she had left away. We'll have to see next season just how big of an impact that is going to have.

8. And also, wasn't Tatiana Maslany's acting amazing?

Playing the role of one character is hard enough for even the best actors but she manages to successfully play the role of many and does an absolutely stunning job of doing so. By far one of the best acting jobs I have seen in a long time for a TV drama.

I think that basically sums up my thoughts on the show. Woo for posting at 5 am :D! I'll likely come back an edit this as there will likely be more things that I want to add and comment on. Now I just sit and patiently await the much anticipated season 2 premiere which seems like decades away at this point ):

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links