Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page The dating game.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old January 7th, 2014 (04:25 PM).
Banned

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
Quote originally posted by Flushed:
I barely have a social life, let alone any dating life.
That's pretty much the best way to describe me without using the phrase "socially awkward" as said in the OP. The thing that doesn't help is that there's hardly anyone in my immediate vicinity. Salt on a wound, I might say.

Even if I did somehow meet someone, I'd be looking the other way, as I can't love anyone, not even myself. Thus, it's the hermit's life for me.
Old January 7th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I have an awesome boyfriend right now, but before we were officially together, we'd just hang out at his place and have wine n dine dates. We'd get whatever food tickled our fancy (usually pizza or Japanese, since he lives right by those kinds of places), head to Winn Dixie to pick out some wine for the night (and usually cookie dough...!), and we'd have a movie planned to watch, so yeah! Sometimes we cooked together, or we baked this awesome thing we call a s'moregasm. And there were lunch dates. ...What I'm trying to say is that we really like food and alcohol. lol

But anyway, he's actually the only guy I had dates with before actually making things official. Before that, it would just be me liking a guy and talking to them a lot and eventually they'd ask me out, then we'd date. But with my current boyfriend, we actually did a lot of hanging out and such before making things official, so yeah. I gotta say, I like that a lot more. I consider those dates, though I know some people wouldn't consider them as such, but oh well, you don't matter. :)

paired to klippy
Old January 7th, 2014 (05:39 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
I don't think it's time for me to go out with a girl yet; never had a real opportunity to make a first move nor am I ready to spend money and time on someone who I'll probably break up with eventually.
Old January 7th, 2014 (07:02 PM).
The Fire Fox
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saki
I used to date only people I met in person (before I spent much time on the internet). I had a couple serious relationships, a few shorter term "flings" with people, some people I spent time with once or twice, etc. I don't have any hard feelings about any of them but I definitely feel the most comfortable and happy with the person I am currently with. We actually met online through a game/forum I was working for and that he enjoyed playing competitively. I will say I had my opinions on forming long distance relationships based on meeting through the internet but after being in Skype calls almost 24/7 (and even sleeping with the call open frequently) it does foster a type of bond that is very unique and special. If you try really hard and make an effort you can get to know someone extremely well without the complications of physical things. The one thing I have discovered about myself through dating is that I can enjoy a lot of different people, and be content dating them but I really can only truly care for someone who is similar to me, and I was lucky enough to ever find someone who completes me like he does.

We're also lucky in the fact that we're not far enough apart to be unable to see one another. We've spent time together in person and are just the same in person as we are on skype 24/7. I feel pretty blessed to be able to connect with someone on such a level and I decided not to let the stigmatism of meeting online get in the way. Our family's are certainly accepting of it, and I know mine is extremely happy to see me legitimately happy with someone (as opposed to just content).

So, I can't agree that meeting someone online is illegitimate, in fact I would say a lot of people who date after meeting in person have less of a legitmate relationship than I do. I think no matter how far apart, or how a bond forms, if you make an effort and you want it badly enough then it's there and it's real.

Also! On a final note. For those of you who care for someone and who are afraid to admit it to them just go for it. You have nothing to lose, even if you're rejected and it stings for a day, a week, a month, a year, you will have closure and you will be able to move on . . . or chances are they may have the same feelings and you'll enjoy having a relationship with them in the future.

<3
Old January 7th, 2014 (07:23 PM).
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
I was the ugly girl in high school, so no guys ever gave me a second look. I'm still the ugly girl (and I'm fat too) in college, and guys won't even give me a second glance there either. I had to go online to find my ex and my current boyfriend. I dated my ex for a year but he got bored of me and began cheating. My current boyfriend of 5 months is very religious (but not in a "you should follow the Bible or I won't date you" kind of way) and kind. Hopefully he lasts.
Old January 8th, 2014 (06:01 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Didn't we have a thread about this not too long ago?

The dating life is still pretty non-existant, but considering how busy I'm going to be this semester it's probably a good thing. I'm still trying to figure out when I'll have time to do my homework.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old January 8th, 2014 (10:21 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
I only went on dates with people I was already in a relationship with, so I don't date the way that other people do to, you know, meet other people and see if anything's there between the two of you. So mine was just hanging out with my SO who I was already comfortable around enough to be myself, so nothing was awkward.

I've been single for about two years now and I'm thinking about doing the whole dating before a relationship thing.
Old January 8th, 2014 (04:07 PM).
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Controversial?:
There's someone I've got my eye on now, but I can't say anything because whatever positivity I say here I will jinx it and **** everything up
seriously **** this place for jinxing me. I just ****ed it up. I mean, like, I was starting to like her too much, so I had to, but still.. I feel really bad about it now, really off. ):
Old January 8th, 2014 (04:31 PM).
Alcoholic Renegade
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
my dating life has been collecting dust for almost 4 years now =/
shiny hatching value - 2978

Old January 8th, 2014 (05:18 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Controversial?:
seriously **** this place for jinxing me. I just ****ed it up. I mean, like, I was starting to like her too much, so I had to, but still.. I feel really bad about it now, really off. ):
What happened? Tell us the story, what'd you do?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 8th, 2014 (05:21 PM).
The Pikachu Master

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShiningStarlette
i never dated.

and I had stopped liking people
Old January 8th, 2014 (06:48 PM).
Swadloon Trainer
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Quote originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As Shining Raichu:
Yeah im curious too. Tell us

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 8th, 2014 (06:54 PM).
The Pikachu Master

But sir! I don't have any love story to tell!
Old January 8th, 2014 (07:03 PM).
My Strong Resolve
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
I don't really play the dating game.

There's nobody in the local area I'm interested in anyways, I tend to lead a private life, and I don't really interact with people much for fun. I'd rather sit at home and read a book.
Old January 8th, 2014 (07:08 PM).
The Pikachu Master

Quote originally posted by Melody:
I don't really play the dating game.

There's nobody in the local area I'm interested in anyways, I tend to lead a private life, and I don't really interact with people much for fun. I'd rather sit at home and read a book.
Totally agreed.

I am interested in nobody and dated with nobody so I can't play.
Old January 8th, 2014 (07:59 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Quote:
I've been single for about two years now and I'm thinking about doing the whole dating before a relationship thing.
I strongly recommend it. I got close to my boyfriend much more quickly than I did with any other guy I dated, and I don't remember being this happy with anyone I've dated before, especially this early on. We've only been together for two months, but we liked each other for...I wanna say two months before we got together, and we had a lot of little dates for one of those months. I think that's what really made a difference with my current relationship compared to my past ones. So yeah, definitely date before making things official. It's worth it, Nickle bby.

paired to klippy
Old January 8th, 2014 (08:27 PM).
give me the words
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I'm way too shy to get involved in the dating game.

I've been interested in only one girl (I'm kinda picky - not intentionally picky...if you get the gist?), but over time she turned out to be a bit of sour grape. I've never really been in an official relationship, my friends used to give me crap about it all the time lol; others at school would call me a gay (which tbh isn't even a bad thing :P) to even a ****** etc. :p

It's not that I'm not into other people, I just haven't come across anyone I'd really make the effort to go for, you know?
Old January 8th, 2014 (08:31 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by curiousnathan:
I'm way too shy to get involved in the dating game.

I've been interested in only one girl (I'm kinda picky - not intentionally picky...if you get the gist?), but over time she turned out to be a bit of sour grape. I've never really been in an official relationship, my friends used to give me crap about it all the time lol; others at school would call me a gay (which tbh isn't even a bad thing ) to even a ****** etc. :p

It's not that I'm not into other people, I just haven't come across anyone I'd really make the effort to go for, you know?
Have you ever considered having a relationship with a pillow? i have ( 9 TT^TT)9 *sadly shakes maracas*

lol jk im not there yet

What's sour grape mean? I'm super shy (and busy) when it comes to "dating" too. Would I ever approach fine honeys? not in this state noo

Yunno, we should make a foreveralone club. We cry about our boy/girl problems but also encourage each other to get out. Once a club member has a chance of escaping foreveralone we send them off on a fond farewell :')
Old January 8th, 2014 (08:50 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Quote:
Yunno, we should make a foreveralone club. We cry about our boy/girl problems but also encourage each other to get out. Once a club member has a chance of escaping foreveralone we send them off on a fond farewell :')
And have a raffle to go on a friend date with me so other girls/guys can look at how awesome we are and they'll be like GOTTA STEAL THAT and they'll think they're stealing you from me but really that was my secret plan to get you a bf/gf and we win the world. This is flawless plan.

paired to klippy
Old January 8th, 2014 (11:42 PM).

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I don't go on very many dates, I usually meet people when I go out and then it escalates from there. I'm not really into the whole dating thing, just keeping everything open and casual is more my style.
Old January 9th, 2014 (01:08 AM).
- - just another pokébreeder

Nature: Gentle
What dating life lol. Team forever alone~

I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 16 years old. I'm 20.
I've gone on more than a few dates since then but it never lasts more than 3 dates. It's like the older I get the less compatible I am with every guy that makes my acquaintanceothers. Things always go wrong. Whether I really like them or not.

Lately I've been really whatever about it though, I like not having to entertain someone else.

// Kanakinz.3625-9205-2604 //

Pokemon X
In-game Name: Kana
Safari: Oddish - Swadloon - Quilladin

Old January 9th, 2014 (04:20 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Nature: Brave
I have never dated anyone and it's for the better due to my reputation and I don't want to hurt them. I might like someone but I would never really ask them out because as soon as the next big party comes around the corner I end up having to explain some things ask who who is etc.. I've been asked out a few times but nah not worth it I'm to lazy to go anywhere but A) My room or B) the beach and they're all snowflakes.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old January 9th, 2014 (04:22 AM).
شكرا
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Quote originally posted by Everlark:
And have a raffle to go on a friend date with me so other girls/guys can look at how awesome we are and they'll be like GOTTA STEAL THAT and they'll think they're stealing you from me but really that was my secret plan to get you a bf/gf and we win the world. This is flawless plan.
Not gonna lie, this cracked me up :'D
Old January 9th, 2014 (04:55 AM).
Furude
ModeratorEO

Nature: Mild
I have, for most of my life thought I've been pretty terrible with women - and really for the most part I am. I'm not confident, I'm not attractive and I get really obsessive and borderline stalkery with people when I fall for them. But then it hit me the other day - somehow despite this I have had six girlfriends throughout my life... and right now there are two (maybe three) girls I know of that are interested in me.

I really have no idea how that happened. Like none.

As for having my eye on someone. Yes, I do.
It's even a mutual attraction - in fact we dated from The end of August to the middle of November last year. Then people stuck their noses in where they don't belong and we were basically blackmailed into breaking up. So, yeah we love each other and quite frankly if there's such a thing as "the one" she's it. We just can't actually date right now because of some terrible circumstances. We have some weird romantic friendship thing going on right now but it's not the same as what we want.

So yup, that's me.
Lucky/Unlucky dude.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old January 9th, 2014 (08:39 AM).
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by The Artist Formerly Known As Shining Raichu:
I started getting too attached and got really needy, and I could tell I was starting to get really clingy and she was way less into me than she was; so basically, we kinda stopped the day after we organised our first date. v.v

not very interesting, just ****ed.

Sponsored Links