The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Sheerow
The future is in the past. Onwards, Aoshima!

Nature: Adamant
So when Black 2 and White 2 came out, one of the prominent features that set them apart from the previous games was the new part of Unova that opened up, and the two gyms that came with it. But, once you reached the rest of Unova, there was only one new gym... and the rest were remodels! In the two years since BW, those gym leaders got busy, turning honey combs into cobwebs, rollercoasters into catwalks, and elevators into conveyor belts! But did they do a good enough job? What is your opinion on the new gyms, do you prefer them to the old ones? When considering this, think not only of the way it looked, but also of the gimmick that went with it. Do you think they could have done a better job with some? What's your favorite gym remodel, and your least favorite?

Previously Ravio
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Most favorite remodel is definitely Elesa's although I was kinda fond of the rollercoaster gym. xD The catwalk gym was astounding and it was perfect for her. Least favorite would be Skyla's. It was difficult to travel through the turbines because you have to go QUICKLY before they blow you back to the starting point. >_<

Many of the gyms in BW2 were remodeled well. Some were easier to navigate now, while others like the one I mentioned are just...hard to go. lol

CHASE ELLIOTT
enjoyillinois.com 300 winner | chicago, illinois | july 19, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Castform

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Other than Elesa's gym which was simply perfect(I loved the catwalk because it was so fitting for her haha) I honestly preferred the older designs to the new ones. This may partly be due to the fact that I just like the original games so much more anyways and I want something else to complain about. I guess Burgh's gym was pretty nice too now that I think about it :D
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:18 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Honestly the remodels are all 500% better than the previous layouts for the gyms. Like, the old ones don't even compare.

The remodelling of Burgh's Gym is probably my top favorite remodel. The little rainbow dust floating everywhere, the pool of pain on the top floor, the soft, serene music combined with the super pretty silver and white silk platforms and cocoons. It's just perfect and beautiful. <3

Clay's gym was frustrating, but I definitely love his, as well. The music for it is SO Ground-type fitting plus it's perfect for his underground lair.
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:36 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
Honestly the remodels are all 500% better than the previous layouts for the gyms. Like, the old ones don't even compare.

The remodelling of Burgh's Gym is probably my top favorite remodel. The little rainbow dust floating everywhere, the pool of pain on the top floor, the soft, serene music combined with the super pretty silver and white silk platforms and cocoons. It's just perfect and beautiful. <3
I definitely agree on your part there Dustin, I think Burgh's Gym got way better in B2/W2. The cocoon puzzle was kinda nice plus I loved the music. The old design with the honey wasn't really that awesome imo, I didn't like the idea of walking through honey walls.

Elesa's one comes close as well, the catwalk theme makes way more sense given she's a model and that music is just so awesome I tell you. I also loved the Dragon statues in Drayden's Gym, they looked slightly more better from the original one in B/W.

I guess this was why I enjoyed B2/W2 so much, the Gyms got way more cool-looking in this game.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old February 1st, 2014, 12:51 PM
Dragonite1v1

I personally enjoy harder gym patterns to get through, like the ice gym in second gen I think it was. So I guess what I'm getting at is I feel the harder they are to beat...the better, That's my two cents in on this conversation.
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Yeyinde
"The Brave One"

I simply adores Opelucid gym because I love the layout and ability to choose between OFFENSE or DEFENSE, ROTATION or TRIPLE BATTLE instead of just mix and match battles, and the dragon elevator are simply AMAZING than the first gym because BW doesn't look fierce and awesome as BW2
Old February 9th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Stargazer
Never apologize for being yourself!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
I loved Drayden's Gym in this one. Those dragon statues are just so cool, especially when you get up to Drayden and they butt heads. (How ironic considering it was my least favorite in BW.)

Even better is that all the Gyms have their own music, which no other main series game has done yet.
Old February 9th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Like most of you, my favorite would be Elesa's. Roller-coaster rides were definitely fun, but newer gym layout was simply astonishing. Along with that, I also liked Drayden's gym. It felt quite epic climbing up those big stairs on the dragon statue. Least favorite would probably have to be Clay's. d:
Old February 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Super Bling
Clair pretty thick, huh?

Hate all gyms

But Drayden's BW2 gym was definitely a throwback to Norman's in RSE.

4642-8312-8475 Baron Black 2
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
All in all, i think the remodels look and play better than the originals. Most of them feel like they have more work put into them, my favorite is probably the Castelia City Gym, which looks simply wonderful in BW2. One gym i liked less was Elsa´s: it did fit her well, it just felt more boring than the roller coaster

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old February 10th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Zumi
New Account: Ultraviolence
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I prefer the new gyms to the originals. Especially Burgh's. I feel like the remodels posed more of a challenge which I really really enjoyed. As well as them all getting their own music.

Old March 9th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Jaden3051

Most gyms are great models

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 11th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Sorry, you just missed the one month mark for no posting.

Closed due to dead thread revival.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links