Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2014 (10:28 AM). Edited January 13th, 2014 by awolfsquared.
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I was born and raised Catholic and still am one today. I really can't see myself not believing in God with all the great things I see all around me and it's such a big part of my life I don't want to ditch. I usually go to church and pray when I can. Those things used to happen more often when I was apart of a religious youth group. I'd pray every night and go to Mass every Sunday and some times on weekdays as well. I usually did lots of activities and retreats with said youth group and really had a blast. I miss seeing the friends I made there as much as I used too. I do see them at church still, but the youth group hasn't had as much teens as it did when I went there. I still go to church every Sunday possible though sometimes I miss a week cause either I sleep in or I'm not feeling well enough. Or in the case of last week, the weather is way too bad for me to want to go anywhere. Like it was in the teens and there was like 6 inches to a foot of snow on the ground, there was no way I was going anywhere. But I pray as much as I can still, but usually only every few days or weeks.

Personally though, I can't stand some of the super conservative Catholics/Christians who think gay marriage is completely wrong and that gays are "evil". I'm not gonna rant really long about that, but that's one thing that Church believes in that I can't support. Love is love no matter what gender.
Old January 13th, 2014 (11:28 AM).
AdorbzFangirl
adorble sleeping duckie is adorable ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to AdorbzFangirl
I don't follow any religion. Why? Because I just don't believe in it. Though, I am a baptized Catholic. Anyway, I just don't really care for having a religion. I do believe in god, but I guess you could say I'm agnostic? O_o My parents never went to church. I did take bible study at this church when I lived in Maine. So, to some extent, I was raised as a catholic... but as I got older, my parents just stopped caring about it.

I'd just prefer not to have a religion. I guess because there's such a fight over who believes in what that I'd rather like to not have one. :/

pair | tumblr | claims | twitter
Old January 13th, 2014 (12:05 PM).
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
My family considers themselves Catholic, but I don't particularly categorize myself into the religion. For a long time now we just stopped being religious and I kind of question it a lot, whether there really is a higher power or not. So I think that'd make me agnostic, not really sure. I find myself leaning towards more of the Buddhist views for a long time now, and even though I don't exactly follow any specific religion, I do agree with and like Buddhism.
Old January 13th, 2014 (12:12 PM).
AuroraBeam
Audino~
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I don't follow any religion.
My family I guess all believe in God, but aren't hardcore Christian's or anything.

~*~*~*~*~

Old January 13th, 2014 (12:18 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
I was raised Baptist, but nowadays, I choose to not align myself with any religion because things are just so messy these days...not to say religion wasn't messy until now, of course haha. Basically, my beliefs are my own. I think there are many beautiful aspects to religion that people seem to forget, though. The bad crops up more than the good, especially when it comes to Christianity. I don't know what kind of church some Christians went to where they were taught all this hatred, but I was taught to love in my church. Where did things go wrong?

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old January 13th, 2014 (12:44 PM).
Honest
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Looks like I'm the first person to answer with Islam, interesting. Although that's the religion I was born into following. Do I really follow it? Well, I don't know. I wholly believe in God, and that Muhammad was his last prophet, yadda yadda. But I'm just terrible at being religious. I don't pray, I used to not exercise dietary restrictions till I became vegetarian, and even then drink alcohol, which is 100% against Islam. But I still consider myself Muslim. A pathetic one, at that.
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:19 PM). Edited January 13th, 2014 by Ephemeral Euphoria.
Ephemeral Euphoria
Death Follows Me

Nature: Quiet
Were you born into said religion, or did you join through choice?

I was forced into Christianity by my family when I was around 10 more or less.

Perhaps you've converted from one religion to another? If so, why?

Let's just say whenever I tried to talk to someone at my church about spiritual matters I ended up getting either the same answers as before or an answer that made basically no sense whatsoever. Basically it felt like all flash and no substance when it came to me trying to find a direction in life back then.

How dedicated to your religion are you?

I'm dedicated as long as I get answers that actually make sense. Give me an answer other than God is great please, thank you.

What beliefs do you particularly agree with? What are some you disagree with, if any?

I agree with honouring thy mother and father but I disagree with killing others as punishment for a sin to name an example.

I used to practice Christianity and Mormonism but nowadays I would consider myself an atheist that's delving into La-Veyan Satanism if anything.
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:25 PM).
Poki
Breathe in.

Nature: Naughty
I'm an atheist. I have never believed in God.
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:45 PM).
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
I'd been raised a Catholic my entire life, due to my mum's family being Filipino and strictly religious. However, I'd probabnly consider myself an agnostic; don't really think I've reached the age where I can finalise any one belief yet. My parents are okay with this, but I don't think we'll be telling the relatives over in the Philippines any time soon...
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:47 PM).
Dark Sneasel
I like being a drone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I'm an atheist, and have been since I was 11. I actually told my mom I was last year in September and she didn't react well. She stills try to convert me back to being Christian, which sucks, because it's everyday, and pretty annoying. I can't blame her though, she thinks she's doing the best for me, even though she knows I think it's pointless. But yeah, anyways, I don't think there is a god and don't like religion in general.

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old January 13th, 2014 (01:53 PM).
Talon
The Blade's Shadow

I belong to a semi-rare kind of religious people.
Agnostic. Heard of it?
We believe in what has been proven. Does God or some higher power exist? I don't know. Is it possible to change the actual physics of the universe? I don't know. Do you believe in God? If so, then prove to me that he does exist and I'll believe in him. If he does exist, I'll become Christian.

I was raised in a non-religious family, with my mom not associating herself with religion, and my dad calling himself a mix between atheist and agnostic. My grandparents, except for two (I have 6 grandparents, two of which are dead.) are all Christian. The two dead ones are the ones that were Jewish.

"Eventually, my blades will find their way into your heart."
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

Old January 13th, 2014 (02:31 PM).
New Eden
Ascension to heaven
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I grew up largely with my grandmother, who was very spiritually Christian, but was not religious over it (didn't seem to go to church at all, and didn't talk to me or anyone in my generation about biblical stories or sending us off for Sunday school or whatever.) My mom is an Agnostic Theist though (she believes in God but does not see the bible necessarily as proof,) and wanted no one in impose any beliefs on me. I believed in a god when I was younger, but from 10-12 I began becoming an atheist. Around 15 or so I became an agnostic until 18 where I now identify as a pantheist. I also have other beliefs in addition to this.

Old January 13th, 2014 (02:53 PM).
Nauje
A sofa in San Tropez...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I was raised a Buddhist but really I am an agnostic. I only believe in God however because of fear.
Old January 13th, 2014 (03:37 PM).
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Lonely
I'm not religious and I'll probably never be. The thing is that it doesn't make sense to me to believe in something that other people come up with (since religions were created by people to understand their surroundings better and not to serve any kind of proof).

That being said I tend to believe more in my own logic, which pretty much just says that at the beginning there were possibilities and that it might be possible that a god exists that could be one of those possibilities (and not "the" one). It's some kind of a mathematical thinking kinda like a set of possibilities that serve as generators which produce smaller generators, which produce smaller generators and so on (which all influence parallel and smaller generators in a way). Some kind of high end mathematics that no human (including me, of course) will ever be able to understand, because he will never have the information he needs.

It took actually years of thinking to find something that made sense for me...
Old January 13th, 2014 (04:32 PM).
Corvus of the Black Night
Wild Duck Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I am nondenominational spiritual and use philosophy and science as an explanation of things. God exists in my mind but is an energy endowed in the universe. His plan wasn't humanity but rather stars, because they are much larger, more common, more ubiquitous in the universe and produce great light. I think that's incredibly beautiful, that something so complex as earth is the biproduct of such a beautiful process.

but yeah that's just me
Old January 13th, 2014 (05:21 PM).
Tsutarja
Snivy used Attract~ ♥

Nature: Jolly
I consider myself Christian, but I'm not ultimately too sure, since I don't go to church at all. I am not atheist, that's for sure though.
Old January 13th, 2014 (05:37 PM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by Sodom.
Sodom
with a capital Y.
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I'm the most atheist of atheists. Super atheist. Turbo atheist. Nobody believes in Jesus less than I do.

I haven't believed in God since I was old enough to know better.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 13th, 2014 (05:43 PM).
Mario Maurer

I follow the religion of Wicca. I joined by choice. When I was younger I didn't necessarily understand religion but my Dad was a Catholic. I went to church with him sometimes however I don't agree with most of their views now as an adult. I never was dedicated to being Catholic and never took it serious enough though.
Old January 13th, 2014 (09:30 PM). Edited January 15th, 2014 by curiousnathan.
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
I was born into large Lebanese family who all follow Christianity.

I've never been a very religious person, I rarely go to church, never pray and have little knowledge of the rules of Christianity. The reason mainly being is that I have a hard time really believing if God does exist. I'm more of an individual who lives by science and scientific proof; God hasn't be proven to exist nor to fail to exist.

Another issue I have with religion in general, is that I despise having to bow down to something. Every time I've gone to church and have had to prey (such as my cousin's holy communion), I honestly felt like a slave. I shouldn't be forced to live by a book that has no evidence to prove that its contents are fact. Until it's proven that it's not fictitious I'm not going to follow its expectations. I dislike the restriction that's placed on me, I'm in control of my life, not someone else. I also won't believe in a religion just because the rest of my family does; I certainly won't conform just to fit into the majority.

In regards to the religion I've been born into, I do believe in some of its basic concepts, such as accepting and loving everyone, but at times it contradicts itself in that it's against homosexuality; that's hardly accepting and loving everyone. I think there's contradictions is many religions don't get me wrong. I definitely disagree with some principles of other religions as well.

I've always questioned what created the universe, something I've been unable to find a comprehensible answer to. What created our universe? What created the thing that created our universe? What created the creator of the thing that created out universe? [etc.]

Where science doesn't explain things, I will believe in a God or another mysterious power, and vice-versa.

For me, until a religion and it's beliefs are proved to be fact, I won't follow it. I will respect others decisions to follow a religion; it's not my place to question them.
Old January 13th, 2014 (10:06 PM).
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Music is my religion. Life is my belief.

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old January 14th, 2014 (05:22 AM).
Apollo
誰か

I'm religiously confused, I guess. I honestly don't know where I lean on. I was raised a Roman Catholic, but now I'm not too sure if everything it teaches are true. Probably I could consider myself as an atheist, since I'm not too keen on the whole god concept, but idk tbh
Old January 14th, 2014 (01:17 PM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by Playful_Weasel.
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Don't want to sound mean - but I'll say what I believe in.... I given up completely on Religion (after learning the dark horrors of it - as much as I'm willing to share in public to not insult others).

Were you born into said religion, or did you join through choice?
I gave up on it, never will join any - I'm happy the way I am

Perhaps you've converted from one religion to another? If so, why?
Never convert to any - if anyone really wants to know
Spoiler:
at one point in my younger life - I believed in Satan, until I gave up in religion all together, around 2004 or so

How dedicated to your religion are you?
My family may be, I don't believe in it anymore

What beliefs do you particularly agree with? What are some you disagree with, if any?
Personally disagree with Religion all together - at least I'm respectful of others, so I keep all the details to myself unless someone asks me personally

♪ Metal Fan - Thrash Metal - Folk Metal - Power Metal ♪
Old January 14th, 2014 (01:34 PM).
Dakotah
Author

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakotah
Yeah, I'm an atheist and always have been. It's the same with my adopted parents. You can learn more about life by using your five sense than what's written in a book.

Dark-Type Safari

Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
Old January 14th, 2014 (01:39 PM).
JayD
I‘m not going to die. Because I’m the one who will protect you.
Community Supporter

I only believe in Arceus

I'm an Atheist, if people wanna believe in their religion, I seriously don't care, just don't come shoving it down my throat and saying that I will burn in hell for not believing in it.
Old January 14th, 2014 (04:52 PM).
DowntownDumpling

I'm an atheist. My immediate family is Christian, but only vaguely and I've never been forced into any ir/religious beliefs.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links