The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Orpheus
Burn my Dread

Nature: Calm
So, how do you feel about your siblings? Personally I can get along rather well with my brother, but we get into a lot of fights... but enough about me let me know about you.

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
It's really hard to get along with your siblings when you're an only child.

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Orpheus
Burn my Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Ramirez View Post
It's really hard to get along with your siblings when you're an only child.
Your really, really, lucky... trust me...

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old January 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I know I don't get along with my sister at all because of a deep seated childhood resentment of her even being born, taking away parental attention from me and later being really annoying. As such I have treated her cruelly my entire life. Some guilt about how I treat my younger sister is brought forward when you make me reflect in threads such as these, but I doubt we'd get along anyway, we are alike and yet not compatible to be good siblings.

We don't fight so much physically anymore but I do give her some verbal abuse. Don't think she's all innocent victim though, the girl dishes it out as well as she takes it, which is remarkably well, she can be a total female dog when she wants to be. Perhaps having a borderline abusive brother stimulated her to succeed, because she's nicer, smarter and more emotionally stable than me. Or, more likely, I am a jealous bully who has always known that and has tried to put her down.

Sometimes we get along ok but god damn Japan and its creepy Onii-chaan big brother-little sister thing has creeped me out too much, I will always be mildly disliking and at loggerheads with mine, it's how siblings are supposed to be. I have more extreme and cruel animosity than most but hopefully when I move out I will never have to see my sister again and we can live separate lives.
Old January 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I have an 8 year old brother and I'm 22, turning 23 in April. That's quite the age gap but I'd say we get along pretty well.. he's gotten into video games in the last year or so so I enjoy playing games on the iPad with him. He can be annoying but then I remember I was far more of a pain than he was at his age, hah.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:00 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
My sister and I... well.

Honestly we do get along relatively well, we have some similar interests to talk about and all that and when we do spend time together it is usually quite enjoyable. The thing with us though is that we have a few really key differences in our personalities that can lead to some pretty intense arguments and we don't spend too much time together, perhaps because of that?

So yeah, we argue sometimes and we may not be the kind of siblings who are best friends with one other but she is my sister and I do enjoy her company sometimes. Oh, and if you mess with her I'll kill you.

(For the record, there's a little under two years between us but she has a developmental delay that makes her more like ten in some areas.)
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I love my older sister. She's 32 and lives in San Diego right now. We used to fight a lot when we were younger but we mellowed out when we both grew up. Now I'm fighting constantly with my 11-year-old sister, who is on the verge of becoming a teenager. Just 7 more years, Megan.

I never had a brother irl, and I wish I had one. I consider Sector to be my online brother, we pick on each other constantly. He's like the brother I never had. :3
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I like my online brother more than I do my real life siblings if that tells you anything haha. I find them extremely annoying at times and they are both younger than me so they naturally want to gang up and try to get things out of my by annoyance. Sometimes I just want to smack them but I resist!

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
I love my siblings..they annoy me sometimes but I can't imagine this life without them <3

Old January 14th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something...

I have two brothers, one of them is a twin and the other is two years older than me.

I get along with my twin pretty well. We have similar interests and we were actually a doubles team together in high school tennis. We do fight occasionally, but it's died down considerably since our younger years. We're two minutes apart and my twin is the older one.

My other brother, however, I can't stand. It's rare when we aren't fighting. He has to constantly push my buttons no matter where we are. We're also complete opposites. It's astounding just how different we are. Plus, instead of acting his age, he acts like he's four. I always say he's older physically, but nit mentally. Thankfully he went off to college a week ago. You know your brother annoys you badly when you stop having migraines the week he moves out.
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I get on my my brothers even though the live in other countries from me. As for my sister well I don't really get on with her anymore as she can be so selfish sometimes.
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Orpheus
Burn my Dread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
My other brother, however, I can't stand. It's rare when we aren't fighting. He has to constantly push my buttons no matter where we are. We're also complete opposites. It's astounding just how different we are. Plus, instead of acting his age, he acts like he's four. I always say he's older physically, but nit mentally. Thankfully he went off to college a week ago. You know your brother annoys you badly when you stop having migraines the week he moves out.
Well, he sounds an awful lot like my brother...

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old January 15th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Ardos
Community Supporter

I have an older brother that is 24. He's special needs. We get a long very well and he's great. Sure sometimes we fight, like all siblings do, but im happy to have him in my life.
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I have two younger brothers. The older I get the more mature I am and the more we get along. We obviously have our quarrels, but we're friends.
I didn't invite them to my 18th birthday just because I was angry at something he did. I regret that now, I wish he'd have come anyway.
Old January 15th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Poki
Et tu, Brute?

I'm giving away a little brother. Anyone interested?
Dark Azelf, Nonon & The Alchemyst

>
Bestie
Nathan <3

>
Battle Server
Known as Incesticide
"We're really quite nice and friendly, but everyone has a beastly side to them, don't they?"
-
Sid Vicious
Contact me:
> PM
>
I don't bite!

Sex PisTOLs
Old January 15th, 2014, 08:58 AM
lozzop
koalas are cool :3

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpark32 View Post
I'm giving away a little brother. Anyone interested?
I'll trade you my sister for him?
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Magikarp From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzop View Post
I'll trade you my sister for him?
Please place this in the Trade Thread, thank you.. (a)

I get along with my younger brother. He doesn't want to admit it but he learns a lot from me.
Sometimes we're best buddies, sometimes I feel like kicking his teeth in.

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old January 15th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
I have two sisters, one who's 13 and one who's 7. The younger one acts typical of her age, but she's adorable and whatnot. The older one is probably the person in my whole family who I'm closest with. I told her everything and everything about my life, minus religious stuff, cause I trust her. She's really the only one in my family that I can be emotionally honest with, as well.
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:26 PM
LightspeeD

My sister and I were raised in similar environments, but we never truly got along until I turned 12 because she would bully me. My family shed some light on this and told me that I broken my sister's nose when I was 4, although I don't think this justifies it. Our personalities are conflicting and almost polar opposites. We mainly agree to disagree on most things, but we can at least agree on some things. I don't particularly prefer to spend time with her because I find her interests boring, but to each her or his own.
Old January 15th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I have two sisters, one who's 13 and one who's 7. The younger one acts typical of her age, but she's adorable and whatnot. The older one is probably the person in my whole family who I'm closest with. I told her everything and everything about my life, minus religious stuff, cause I trust her. She's really the only one in my family that I can be emotionally honest with, as well.
A mature 13 year old that you can trust??!?!
I don't believe it!

Old January 15th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I guess I get along with my younger brother, but a lot of the time he just annoys me to no end. He's a lot younger than me and I guess a lot similar, but also very odd. He's very coddled because he's the youngest child I'm kind of close with my sister, but it's kind of awkward between us because we weren't really that close when we were little (it was probably entirely my fault). Whenever we would do anything sisterly my dad would always make a big deal out of it, so we ended up not really doing anything because my dad was really annoying. Idk really. Little kid things. o.e I guess I'm kinda close to her now, but I don't think I would really tell her everything about myself.

However, even if I'm not really that close to my siblings, I'm really grateful I have them, simply because I think being an only child would be awful, for me especially. I prefer being alone in my house and I'm sure my parents would always be bugging me to do things with them if I was the only one.

... by any chance is the title a reference to Lost? A line that's frequently said throughout the show is "See you in another life brother" and I was just reminded of it

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily
Old January 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Ramirez View Post
A mature 13 year old that you can trust??!?!
I don't believe it!
Oh, I don't know I'd go so far as to say mature. But I can definitely trust her. I told her all about my personal stuff long before I told my mom. Main reason is because I want my sister to trust me with anything, and not have to hide stuff.
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
Still new. I've got an older brother that I pretty much idolize and a younger sister who I really want to succeed but seems to be holding herself back. I also have a younger half brother that for undisclosed reasons I can no longer see and may never see again. I love them all and only wonder if there's not more I can do for them.
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM
LoudSilence
more like uncommon sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by O07_eleven View Post
I know I don't get along with my sister at all because of a deep seated childhood resentment of her even being born, taking away parental attention from me and later being really annoying. As such I have treated her cruelly my entire life. Some guilt about how I treat my younger sister is brought forward when you make me reflect in threads such as these, but I doubt we'd get along anyway, we are alike and yet not compatible to be good siblings.

We don't fight so much physically anymore but I do give her some verbal abuse. Don't think she's all innocent victim though, the girl dishes it out as well as she takes it, which is remarkably well, she can be a total female dog when she wants to be. Perhaps having a borderline abusive brother stimulated her to succeed, because she's nicer, smarter and more emotionally stable than me. Or, more likely, I am a jealous bully who has always known that and has tried to put her down.

Sometimes we get along ok but god damn Japan and its creepy Onii-chaan big brother-little sister thing has creeped me out too much, I will always be mildly disliking and at loggerheads with mine, it's how siblings are supposed to be. I have more extreme and cruel animosity than most but hopefully when I move out I will never have to see my sister again and we can live separate lives.
Well...damn. I feel sorry for her. Siblings aren't "supposed to be" anything at all, you know; your relationship with them is what you make it. It's never too late to change things, dude.

In my case I'm the eldest of 5 (!!) and I love all of them very much. I try my best to be there for them through the different phases of their lives since I did it first haha. We're really close-knit and I wish the best for them in their respective futures.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:58 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I have one younger sister, and for the most part we're best friends. Of course we fight and bicker like any bro and sis. :p
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links