Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Introvert
Banned

Advertise here
When does flirting with someone become inappropriate?

Barring things that are blatant sexual harassment like tapping a stranger on the behind and stuff like that, in my opinion it can be a very vague and subjective line to cross in regards to what's considered flirting and what is considered inappropriate.

I think it differs from person to person, so what would and do you consider crossing the line when it comes to making advances and flirting with someone. Would you put up with certain things from a stranger you were attracted to than you would from a stranger whom you had no attraction to whatsoever?

THESE are the questions.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I'd put up a certain degree of it with a woman, provided I can do the same to her. I don't want it to be a one way road, since I can't function in a relationship like that unless there's a huge amount of mutual respect behind such advances.

As far as someone who's merely a crush, I'd take a little in good spirit, provided it's spaced out. Then again, it really depends on how much I love them. A girl my freshman year I would've taken anything from in pride; this year that's clearly not the case.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T TOUCH ME. Like ever. Seriously. I don't care if you're the prettiest girl in the world if you grab the front of my pants or something I'm going to squeal like a piggy and back away.

I don't like physical contact whatsoever, it doesn't matter if you're friend or stranger, sexy or not. The most I ever had that could even possibly be construed as flirting was having a girl stack leaves on my head. And then I used to touch her arm lightly to get her attention. HNNNNNNNG.

In my opinion if you think something is borderline uncomfortable maybe you should ask before you do it. Obviously some things are meant to be spontaneous and a suprise but hey, if the person says no they probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. Maybe you could add to the flirting by asking permission in a suggestive manner.

I only do handshakes.
Spoiler:
But if you ask nicely and I like you a lot maybe I'll let you pat my head
I have a no touch policy otherwise, being too close could make me feel uncomfortable or even violated. Being hit hard, even if it was in a friendly way or an accident can also make me extremely angry, I don't want to snap...

Some people are very open to physical contact as a means of flirting and others like me are terrified by it, there's no clear cut line as it all depends on the person, my advice is to ask if you're going to be even doing minor touching, be careful as just little things could be filed as sexual harassment.
Hi.

Last edited by Limerent; January 16th, 2014 at 05:37 AM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Hatsune Mika
FireRed Nuzlocke

Nature: Naughty
I have been told that I was a flirt but since I am not really flirted with by girls I guess I might be a bit more open about it, all though if there is touching of the spots then that's not really flirting in my opinion. Its touching for fun. . . . But if its a girl I like they usually don't touch and so I really don't have a big problem with it.
Nuzlockes paused due to remastering R/S/E
Omega Ruby!
Predicted team for Omega Ruby:
Blaziken, Mightyena, Swellow, Groudon, Gardevoir, and I still have to think.

I have walked down the path of Hoenn, now I believe it is time to see what has changed since my intervention of the peaceful region. I shall adventure to the end for love of all Pokémon!
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:47 AM
derozio
Shingeki no Bahamut is awesome
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Sexy, busty onee-chan can touch me down there and I won't mind. IF I get to repay the favor in full, that is! >D

In all seriousness, I don't really think touching is appropriate. Flirting while maintaining distance is okay. If you're both really into each other then its more like a couple thing. But just grabbing the dick or balls or butt of a random stranger is a no no.
Credit // Theme // Pair // I'm a violinist.Kaori
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Introvert
Banned

I've been groped under a table by a girl I was very attracted to but never had the nerve to ask out. I wasn't bothered by this at all in fact it's a fond memory of mine. Now if someone whom I had no interest in or if I thought they were unattractive were to grope me like she did, then I'm not sure how I would've reacted. I like to think I would have just stood up and left the area but who knows.

I think it depends on the dynamic you have with the person and how comfortable you were with what they did. Perhaps it's something you can't judge beyond a case-by-case and person-to-person basis. Either way I'm still interested in hearing your stories and opinions on the matter.
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I don't mind being touched by a girl when it comes to flirting, just as long as she doesn't play rough, which I can't take due to being a very sensitive guy.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
If you flirt with me to the point that turns me off, I will throw you in my car and leave you at the corner of LaBrucherie and Adams where there's nothing but a gas station. I did it once and I don't mind doing it again.

Verbal flirting, I don't mind. It's the physical touching that really makes me unconfortable.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Depends on how smooth you are in pulling it off.
If you look uncomfortable, I'll be uncomfortable.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Orpheus
Fml

Nature: Calm
If any girl were to touch me in any way, I would have no problem Breaking one of their bones. Any bone, I'm not picky. But yeah, I find physical contact under any context inappropriate. I don't care If It's a stranger or were best friends.

Pair, Theme, CSS by Sheep

Last edited by Orpheus; January 17th, 2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:42 PM
daigonite
[insert artsy user title here]
Community Supporter

Guys, please don't advertise yourself, I'm not interested. Also, the moment that you touch me you probably will be maimed in some way. Just... don't be a douche.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Poki
idgaf no jutsu

If someone just touches me like that, trying to be ''flirty'' and all... Let's just say that I'm not gonna pay their hospital bill.

Pffft, I won't even let my mates touch my hair.
Pairs: Alfieri, Dark Azelf, Nonon, and The Alchemyst

Old January 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
If it's someone I'm attracted to hell yes would I let them physically flirt with me.

If it's sme random stranger or someone I'm not attracted to; byeeeeeee!
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
I don't like surprises. If I don't see it coming then I don't want it no matter who it's from. I need to mentally prepare, dammit! I always end up feeling like I'm about to die...

If it wasn't a surprise, then yes, I would let someone I'm attracted to physically flirt with me but it'd better be going somewhere.
*Insert witty and/or thought provoking quote here*
Old January 16th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Demon Wolf
American Wolf

Dont mind it if we were couple but if strangr BIG NO NO its perverted I can see if u dated a long time or no eachothr then fine othr then that diss her with food bill then drive off without her
PROUD MEMBER OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY DEGENERATES

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokamon View Post
Dont mind it if we were couple but if strangr BIG NO NO its perverted I can see if u dated a long time or no eachothr then fine othr then that diss her with food bill then drive off without her
I'm having a very hard time comprehending what you wrote. If I read right, though, you sound like you're saying you'd scrap a date. Er, you realize dating and flirting are two different things, right? Also, scumbag move to just ditch someone on a date.
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Dragon_Trainer_
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I Don't mind it if we're a couple but if it's a stranger, then it's a BIG NO NO! It's Perverted. I can see through it if we dated for a long time or if we know each other, then it's fine but other than that I'd ditch her with the food bill and then drive off without her.
I like proof reading people's messages Hope you didn't mind

Well I know almost everyone I interact with. I usually don't say anything if anyone touches me because frankly I'm quite tolerant. But still, if it goes overboard then I get verbal with it...... People usually call me a flirt too but it's only verbal flirting which I am accused of
Hello there! If you have a new hack you have made and you're not confident about it, come to me and I'll test it out for you! ROM hacking for the win!

By XVaporeon!

Do you think you have what it takes................?
Come join the Dragon Pokemon Club........

Old January 17th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

apparently i'm part of the minority here that loves physical contact aha. if i find a girl attractive and she was good at flirting i'd probably buy her an engagement ring and move to hawaii with her.
credittoDukey
one life, one chance

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:06 AM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Flirting is always awkward for me (and probably many other people too) but if it's just casual/talking only type of flirting it's fine by me. Especially if they're really attractive. :P But please don't touch my butt or crotch area cause that just makes me uncomfortable. I had a guy grope my crotch in public and I was very uncomfortable afterword and it literally made me feel awful the rest of the day. He wasn't flirting oddly enough though. For whatever reason he was trying to convince me to have sex with prostitutes and make money off it, which is the weirdest thing a stranger on the street has ever asked me. (Cause you know most people just ask for cigarettes or money.) If I was that uncomfortable in that situation, I'm sure I'd feel the same way in an actual situation when someone gropes me when flirting.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Orpheus
Fml

Quote:
Well obviously it's not a good Idea to physically flirt with a stranger.

Pair, Theme, CSS by Sheep

Old January 17th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Rhize
Topsy-Turvy

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhize
If you touch me at all there will be no responsibility at all for me at the injuries you may/may not sustain.

I think grabbing one's derriere is crude and a barbaric way of flirting. Physical flirting, in my opinion, stops at grabbing one's hand/arm. Anything past that, and the subjects must either be in a relationship or kicked very firmly in the shin.

I am one who has very little knowledge of flirting or romance in general. I tend to socialize with boys more, and my friends think I'm flirting but I just see it as friendly conversation. Apparently to talk to the opposite gender at all after the age of 12 they must either be a. a crush or b. gay. It's ridiculous. But, when it does come to those I like, I really don't show it. I am a more violent person so my way of "flirting" is usually punching them lightly or teasing them.

I'm really not a romantic girl. .-.

Credit to the beautiful Lipey~
Old January 17th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Demon Wolf
American Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I'm having a very hard time comprehending what you wrote. If I read right, though, you sound like you're saying you'd scrap a date. Er, you realize dating and flirting are two different things, right? Also, scumbag move to just ditch someone on a date.
Forgot proof read my self also I was trying to say was that if u r a strangr its not ok n I no difference smrrt 1 im not trying to b rude or anything but its hard to spell n think when thinking ahead especially when u r autistic also flirting happens on dates to me dont like
PROUD MEMBER OF THE POKEMON COMMUNITY DEGENERATES

FRIEND CODE: 5257-9448-0518

Pairs:~ Mistress of Mightyena~

Last edited by Demon Wolf; January 17th, 2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: ps
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Dragon_Trainer_
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Forgot proof read my self also I was trying to say was that if u r a strangr its not ok n I no difference smrrt 1 im not trying to b rude or anything but its hard to spell n think when thinking ahead especially when u r autistic also flirting happens on dates to me dont like
I forgot to proof read what I wrote myself. Also I was trying to say was that if you are a stranger, then it isn't OK and I know the difference[cause I am a] smart one. I'm not trying to be rude or anything but it's hard to think what you are typing and keep thinking ahead especially when you're so autistic. Also, people flirt with me on dates that I like/dislike (sorry couldn't figure out what you felt about it).
I hope you don't mid me doing that. I like helping others
Hello there! If you have a new hack you have made and you're not confident about it, come to me and I'll test it out for you! ROM hacking for the win!

By XVaporeon!

Do you think you have what it takes................?
Come join the Dragon Pokemon Club........

Old January 18th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Alright, if you just go up to someone and start touching their body parts. that's not even flirting. That's just plain harassment. Flirting is saying cute things to make them know that you like them.

However, if you are already in a relationship or talking and you are both openly touching someone, then obviously, it's okay to touch them.

Old January 18th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
For me flirting is a big part of daily conversation. I get somewhat anxious without it. I imagine it's sort of like how an introvert feels when they've been given way too much attention and need to have some time to them self for a while.
Guy or girl, stranger or acquaintance, I have no qualms. Being straight myself I've had very long drawn out flirt sessions with other straight guys before which some might find odd. But it's therapeutic for me. I also don't think it implies sexual intention either, it's kind of just fun and a real good way to find out about people.
That and if it leads somewhere, win!

About the limits thing, touching early on is wrong. I need to be romanced a little first. Also it needs to be tasteful; I don't know how many times I've locked up when someone gives me a generic "you're hot" compliment (or similar). I want to know why I'm hot and why you think that, I can't maintain a conversation with a thermometer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here