The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Rothometapratis

Hey guys,
so I 've been searching the net lately for pokemon facts and I thought I 'd make a thread here about this.
So what is the most interesting fact you know about pokemon? The one that you find the most exciting or the one that gives you goosebumps? Let us know it.

Mine is that in the Japanese version of the anime, Misty had genuine romantic feelings for Ash. I always liked the possibility of light romance between the protagonists. This is edited out altogether in the English version though.

Here's a site about pokemon facts I found: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/50471630.html
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:49 AM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Every Spinda has a unique pattern of spots. In-game, there are exactly 4,294,967,296 possible outcomes (Not counting shiny).

That's a freakin' lot of combinations.

Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
Shadeh
KABOOM!

Nature: Jolly
There are many pokemon that started the world but could end it anytime. Dialga, palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Xerneus, Ylvetal, etc
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Doduo and Dodrio have the ability to fly, but they don't have wings. Personally, I find that to be pretty interesting. How do they execute it, exactly? Do they just spin their heads around like a helicopter until they're in the air? Even if they did that, wouldn't it actually hurt them? :p
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Rothometapratis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
Doduo and Dodrio have the ability to fly, but they don't have wings. Personally, I find that to be pretty interesting. How do they execute it, exactly? Do they just spin their heads around like a helicopter until they're in the air? Even if they did that, wouldn't it actually hurt them? :p
I have read that they can move their legs so fast that they can fly kind of. Although this doesn't sound plausible. I used to think that they can jump so high and travel so fast that they 're like flying, because I think Falkner's Dodrio in the anime jumped really high responding to the order ''fly'' from Falkner in the gym battle.
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:00 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
I'm partial to the helicopter method, myself. If only because it looks so darn amusing in comics, haha.

Going from a recent article I helped edit... well, for starters Marcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun. That's sure something.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
This feels like we can bring about some fun discussions from. So I will move it to Pokémon General's main index instead of Pokémon Voting Polls, if the original poster is okay with that.

Magcargo is hotter than the sun's surface? That's... Well, whoa.

And I really don't like that Dodrio and Doduo can learn FLY, haha. But the helicopter comics are hilarious.

@ Shadeh, true. I guess they are benevolent after all, since they aren't destroying the world? Even though Arceus gets angry once in a while... Apparently.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old January 24th, 2014, 04:27 AM
GhastlyGastly
Crazy Pokémon Lady

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeh View Post
There are many pokemon that started the world but could end it anytime. Dialga, palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Xerneus, Ylvetal, etc
To be fair, those are only legends. There isn't any proof that they created anything, haha Though I seem to be the only person who ever questions that stuff.

Oh, and as for the Doduo/Dodrio Fly conundrum, I'm partial to a lighter-than-air gas solution myself. It's too heavy to fly, so it collects gas in some organ in its body that allows it to fly; and maybe it has some tiny, ostrich-type wings that it steers with, somewhere concealed in all its fluff, haha
Old January 24th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Oh, and as for the Doduo/Dodrio Fly conundrum, I'm partial to a lighter-than-air gas solution myself. It's too heavy to fly, so it collects gas in some organ in its body that allows it to fly; and maybe it has some tiny, ostrich-type wings that it steers with, somewhere concealed in all its fluff, haha
Yeah, doesn't the animation in X/Y let it... sort of hover above the battlefield simply? So that speaks for your gas organ theory haha.

RPC ¤ PGen
¤ pair ¤

Old January 24th, 2014, 05:10 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Being lighter than air helps explain Wailord floating about at least. But well, that's because going by dex stats it actually is less dense than air...
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Bruce Banner
hi
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Banner
Doctor Who has been spotted in the Pokemon games. Jirachi is the only Pokemon introduced in Gen. 3 that starts with the letter 3. Every sprite for every key item starting in Gen. 3 that were gold/silver were but back into B/W 2. Eterna City D/P/Pt is very similar to Agate Village in Colloseum. There music is even similar.

In the Pokemon world, people would put Darumaka's poop in their clothes to stay warm. lmao
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:52 PM
Katrica
Shayan

Nature: Quirky
Abra sleeps a helluva lot and is conscious of the outside world while sleeping o_o

"Pokemon are only as strong as their trainer."~ Shayan.

Bashou and Buson = <3
Maxie and Archie = <3
And Tabitha <3

And Giovanni <3

Old February 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
Have a very merry Christmas!
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatfrommars View Post
Doctor Who has been spotted in the Pokemon games.
Yes, but can you explain that it is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER?

(Speaking of the topic subject, Clefairy was to be given to Ash? That is just odd.)

Last edited by TheFattestSnorlax; February 6th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old February 4th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by < Snorlax > View Post
(Speaking of the topic subject,, Clefairy was to be given to Ash? That is just odd.
Yeah, in fact they intended to make Clefairy the mascot of Pokemon in general but it didn't appeal well to males for some reason (too pink I guess) so they had to use something with a more gender-neutral appeal and hence they chose Pikachu.

Another one worth sharing, the reason Snubbull and Granbull became pure Fairy-types (and also being in the Fairy egg group) in 6th Gen could be due to the fact their species name probably references the Cù Sìth, which translates to "dog fairy". How very interesting.
Old February 9th, 2014, 04:59 AM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Quote:
Another one worth sharing, the reason Snubbull and Granbull became pure Fairy-types (and also being in the Fairy egg group) in 6th Gen could be due to the fact their species name probably references the Cù Sìth, which translates to "dog fairy". How very interesting.
On top of that, Ampharos gains the Dragon typing with its mega form because of its Japanese name Denryu - or as you can take it, 'electric dragon'.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old February 21st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Pixel LP

Region Kanto is based on real region Kanto.
Old February 21st, 2014, 03:13 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

That goes for all the main series regions, actually - the first four are all based on different parts of Japan, Unova is (loosely) based on New York, and Kalos has inspirations from France.

The region of Orre, setting for Pokémon Colosseum and XD: GoD is also said to be based on Arizona.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old March 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Spinda's pattern one and what are some pokemon based on (Lucario on Anubis etc.) and how some pokemon got their names and why did jynx change it's color from black to purple

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 15th, 2014, 05:34 AM
JayGokani

Magikarp has two very small fins like Nemo, is the same colour, and is orange. It's Pokenemo!
Old March 16th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
When it comes to interesting facts about Pokemon, I found that two facts I have found to be the most interesting have to do with the names of characters. First, gym leaders Giovanni and Juan, their names are the Italian and Spanish equivalents of the English name John respectively. As for the Pokemon themselves, when it comes to starting their names, the two most common used letters are S and M with 103 and 59 respectively
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links