Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page How Addicted Are You To X&Y?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old January 31st, 2014 (08:27 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
99 hours and got 345 pokemon in the dex so that says it all
Old January 31st, 2014 (09:04 AM).
Teh Trueblade

Nature: Quiet
I've lost a bit of interest since Pokemon Bank was delayed in the US which caused me to go from playing it almost everyday of the week to maybe only about twice a week. I also just crossed the 300 hour mark a few days ago and I started on release day.

Friend Safari Type:
Old February 1st, 2014 (01:04 PM).

I have been playing it a lot more than most pokemon games, other than Diamond which was my first. Breeding is really fun and so is training pokemon to use against friends and people online. I usually breed just for wonder trade though, but I've started breeding for specific natures and egg moves. Having trouble getting avalanche on Mudkip though. I'm also trying to complete the dex, which I've never been able to do before because event pokemon, lack of wifi and only had emerald so I couldn't get the other pokemon.
Yo ho ho ho!

Waifu sig made by Repliica~

Old February 1st, 2014 (03:44 PM).
Metagross Fan

Nature: Relaxed
I totaled for both X and Y for 712 hours, and 489 Pokemon registered on the Pokedex.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (02:31 AM).

i am in camp and i cant stop thinking about it
Old February 3rd, 2014 (11:58 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

I have 236 hours on my X right now. I can't say that it's very accurate though, as most of it is breeding and if I get bored, I'll just leave my game idle while I browse something online or go for a snack. I did spend a lot of time before beating the game too though, exploring and playing in Amie.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:04 PM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Now I have ~172 hours in my main copy of X and a complete National Dex. =) But i'm taking a break from the game now before I really start trying to get some shinies.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:11 PM).
❝Beauty & Beast Corps❞

I had over 600+ hours logged into Y by the end of December before I finally put it down and started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf again; in which I have 700+ hours logged. :x

the devil's child
Old February 3rd, 2014 (05:53 PM).
I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!

I would say for me working roughly 40 hours a week, and having a 3 year old son, X has been pretty freaking addicting, almost any free time i have goes to playing this game! My fiancee has gotten on me twice since i have bought X, and she is usually pretty lenient when i get a new game as she knows how i am, lol. I had the Elite Four beaten by 12/30/13 and purchased the game on 12/11, but like i said i work 5 1/2 days out of the week, and took Xmas week off to go visit family, so really it was more like a weeks worth of playing, wish i would have wrote down how many hours i did that in, it had to be a record!
Old February 3rd, 2014 (08:08 PM).

I love Pokemon X and Y so much but I don't think I'am addicted. I usually get into certain "kicks" sometimes playing X nonstop for a couple weeks and then getting hooked on older generations.

I would like to play it much more but highschool is getting in the way
Old February 3rd, 2014 (08:59 PM).
Gentleman Thug

Nature: Quirky
I've been putzing around routes 15/16 and Frost Cavern for the better part of the past week because I just can't get enough of that music.

X/Y has also turned me into quite the fashionista (yes, I do play as the girl- if I'm gonna be shoveling several dozen hours into a game, might as well do so with a character that's easy on the eyes).
Old February 4th, 2014 (11:10 PM).
Raven

Nature: Lonely
I now hit over 800 hours >.>

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 4th, 2014 (11:13 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
I now hit over 800 hours >.>

Kudos to you, now that's some major dedication. That's over a month's worth of play time my friend, congrats!

I was obsessed with Diamond back in the day and I don't even think I logged that many hours. I enjoy X and Y, but haven't played it as much as the other games after I beat it. I've logged about 30 hours on it as of right now.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Old February 5th, 2014 (09:31 AM).
Go Kick Rocks

I really love this game and am still having a blast. the last Pokemon game I played was Soul Silver only a few months ago. This game really brings me back!
Old February 6th, 2014 (04:46 PM). Edited February 6th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

geeze >.> with Pokemon bank's release and finally bringing over my battle Genesect to add to my team (replaced Xatu), I've been battling NON-STOP!!! and it's been EPIC Triple Battle victories/sweeps/rage quits one after another xD, Genesect's my personal suicide bomber *Explodes* or best of all, Genesect can double Xerneas' Geomancy to +4 stages in one turn (unlike xatu which required a setup turn) for epic thunderbolts that can even 1-hit kill Scizor or aegislash in defense mode xD and epic dazzling gleams that sweep the field clean..

my pokemon x now reads 822 hours

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 6th, 2014 (06:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
geeze >.> with Pokemon bank's release and finally bringing over my battle Genesect to add to my team (replaced Xatu), I've been battling NON-STOP!!! and it's been EPIC Triple Battle victories/sweeps/rage quits one after another xD, Genesect's my personal suicide bomber *Explodes* or best of all, Genesect can double Xerneas' Geomancy to +4 stages in one turn (unlike xatu which required a setup turn) for epic thunderbolts that can even 1-hit kill Scizor or aegislash in defense mode xD and epic dazzling gleams that sweep the field clean..

my pokemon x now reads 822 hours

Genesect gets Simple Beam and Dazzling Gleam?

More on topic: Now that the Bank is out and I've transferred my Pokémon up, I'm going to play my Y so much more. Maybe I'll get that 50+ win streak in the Battle Maison finally....
Old February 6th, 2014 (06:24 PM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Genesect gets Simple Beam and Dazzling Gleam?
Genesect learns simple beam at level 62. and no, it doesnt have dazzling gleam, Xerneas does.

Genesect slightly outspeeds Xerneas, so in double/triple battle I have Genesect shoot Xerneas with simple beam while Xerneas does Geomancy. Simple beam changes Xerneas to simple ability which causes it's Geomancy to Dramatically Increase (+4 stages) it's Sp. Atk, Sp. Def. and Speed.

Basically turned it into a Special Tank Killing Machine capable of even outspeeding a team behind a tailwind, literally!

Old February 6th, 2014 (10:11 PM).
All about Battle Spot <3

I'm pretty addicted to playing Pokemon Y, ever since I got it, it's the only game that I've mostly played. Been getting Pokemon for battling for Battle Spot.

FC:1392-5697-1527

~Psychic Type Safari~
~Drozsee-Espurr-Xatu~

Old February 6th, 2014 (10:40 PM).
(◕‿◕✿)

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Adore
I'm not very addicted to be honest. I like it and all but school and other life stuff take precedence over Pokemon.
Old February 7th, 2014 (08:20 AM).
ShinyHunter Before it was Cool

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to TheShinyEevee
I have 696 hours on mine. Oh dear...
That is pretty incorrect though. I would put Pokémon in the daycare and then wheel around Lumiose Tower all night to get them to Level 100 and then EV train them. So that may be quite a few hours inaccurate.

3DS FC: 1032-1814-9041
уσυтυвє | ѕнιηу нυηтєя'ѕ ¢υв | тυмвя

Keep your head up...
Keep your heart strong.
Old February 8th, 2014 (01:58 PM).
The Harbinger of Solitude
Platinum Tier

Nature: Modest
I have currently 526:37 hours, since late November, I've became a breeding bot.
Old February 8th, 2014 (02:53 PM).

Nature: Gentle
I broke 900 hours yesterday... XD

I beat the game at around 100 hours. Most of the time I've spent after completing the post-game stuff has been shiny hunting and working on my 'dex (which I finally completed earlier this week). I've also done some breeding, trading, in-game battling (at the Lumiose City restaurants), and playing with my Pokemon (in Pokemon Amie). I keep meaning to spend more time in the Battle Maison, but I'm definitely addicted to shiny hunting!

I do tend to shiny hunt while doing other things (mostly while watching shows on YouTube or Netflix, but also while cooking or even reading or playing a computer game), so my time hasn't been 100% focused on the game.

I'm at nearly 915 hours in my X version game as of this posting.

I will say that I've had a lot of downtime this week due to snow days (I work at a school), so I think I probably went from 800 - 900 hours within the last week-and-a-half. What can I say? I really love this game! <3
My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old February 8th, 2014 (10:16 PM).

I'm a little past 200 hours in X (with considerably less in Y). While that's not nearly as much as some of you in this thread, I'm amazed by how quickly I've put time onto this file (particularly considering that I have very little free time in the first place). Admittedly, I think vacation gave me a chance to rack up the time a bit, and my pace will probably slow now that I'm into the semester again, but still, I've put a lot more time into this game than I've expected (and about twice as much as I put into White).

I can't remember what the time was when I beat the Elite Four for the first time, but I think it was in the 90-100 hour range. Since then, I've been working on my Pokedex (done with Kalos, but still have to finish the National Dex) and breeding a lot. My breeding efficiency has gone way up since I got a 6IV Ditto a couple of weeks ago, which has helped me maintain my interest in breeding.

I'm pretty sure I've played more X on my 3DS than I've played all of my other 3DS games combined. Also, since X and Y came out, I've hardly played any other games (on any system, with the exception of briefly starting a new Paper Mario file on my N64 at Christmas). Admittedly, I don't have a ton of time anyway, so with the number of hours I've put into X, I haven't had much time left over to do anything else.
Old February 13th, 2014 (04:45 PM).
I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!

checked my game, i am only at 195 hours, but as my earlier post said, for a 26 year old that works 40 hours, has a 3 year old, and plays X maybe 4 days outta the week for a couple hours at a time, not bad.
Old February 13th, 2014 (09:15 PM).
Crystal Tier

729:00 hours as of posting this. Almost every single hour has been spent breeding for a shiny Eevee and no luck yet. I may be a little addicted.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links