Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2014 (12:52 AM).
theonirvana

51:47 hours now.and 382 pokemon registered
Old February 14th, 2014 (05:44 AM).
morrison

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by AshtheIVth:
checked my game, i am only at 195 hours, but as my earlier post said, for a 26 year old that works 40 hours, has a 3 year old, and plays X maybe 4 days outta the week for a couple hours at a time, not bad.
Kudos. I havent got much hours on this one yet only 40 or so but I also have a 1.25 year old daughter. lol

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old February 14th, 2014 (05:51 AM).
Introvert
Banned

If these games had a more traditional Battle Tower (one that didn't abuse cheap tactics like accuracy reducing items), then I'd probably be playing it every day. There just isn't enough post-game content to keep me coming back for more. Oh and I'm not into competitive battling or trading so don't even mention it.
Old February 14th, 2014 (08:36 AM).
Danny71294

I'd say very , i had the game 10 days and invested 125hours and caught 716 pokemon , all though i thought i might of sold my DS stored a few valuable into the bank , deleted save file and then changed my mind and cried now just trying to speedrun back up to get back to where i was , but the most fun i had was breeding starter's deposting on GTS and getting all the poke's i need loved the feeling of the message "your deposited pokemon was traded"

Always hunting them shinys!
Old February 14th, 2014 (10:51 AM).
Axeliira
<< p u l s e s >>

Nature: Brave
I've been playing non-stop since last Friday when I got my 3DS. I swear, it has produced a ton of procrastination for me, which gave me a long list of schoolwork for me to catch up. Sadly that list is still there and I'm still putting it off. But I don't feel ashamed of it at all. :P

So yes, I am addicted to the game...very badly. Already going to face my 6th gym soon.

Old February 15th, 2014 (08:25 AM). Edited February 15th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
As of 20 minutes ago, I have hit 900 hours !

Most of my time is spent doing a ton of battling and trading as you can see ;D!

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 19th, 2014 (08:33 PM). Edited February 20th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

At 954 hours, 718 Pokemon, 1,712 total Battles, over 2,300 trades!! I decided to restart my Pokemon X adventure so I can relive the Addiction all over again ;D!!

I placed all my Pokemon into the Bank, Traded with a friend to hold on to items I wanted to keep (this last one took ages D;!), and then I proceeded to wipe my save data :D!

Now I am currently at 2 hours and barely finished up with south Lumiose City (slow because of all the trades with a friend, bank transfers and whatnot I had to do) !

I am slightly regretting restarting as i realized that upon restarting, i lost the ability to use game sync, and am forced to send a request to remove my old pokemon-gl.com registration, then have to start all over, thus losing all my medals, logs, and pokemiles, etc. I had hoped it would still work but guess not D:!!!

but at least i get to enjoy the story again ^.^ and lol with an awesome party.. i seriously released my starters chespin and charmander.. instead i have a party of level 15 Virizion, Manaphy, Victini, Mewtwo, & Genesect, and with lv 50 Xerneas on standby until up to level 60 pokemon obey me and have talonflame on standby until i can use fly and as replacement for Victini
Spoiler:

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 20th, 2014 (07:17 AM).
Zekrom

Been working on completing the Kalos Dex, and I'm at 269 hours.

...Still have yet to beat the Super Singles in the Battle Maison. I wish that there were no banned Pokémon. Woulda swept that ♥♥♥♥ already with a team of Zekrom, Xerneas, and Arceus. Then again, if there were no banned pokes, the Maison would just cheat with Uber legendaries too. But I wanna win already...

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old February 21st, 2014 (08:07 AM).
Cameo
Superior heat protecter!

Nature: Modest
Last time I checked (don't even remember when) my played game time was over 600 hours already. Mainly because I've been doing some Wonder Trading just for fun and really focused on EV-training my Pokémon - even those not so good ones that people don't like. I actually have also like 100 hours of playtime on my Y and since I restarted it there's now about 50 hours already so I'd say I've been playing quite a lot. :D And I haven't even filled half of my National Pokédex yet. Basicly I don't mind spending time as I love the graphics and it's much more enjoyable to spend time EV-training than before. I don't know why but I love Kalos more than Unova and X/Y beats 5th Generation's games easily for me.
Old February 21st, 2014 (09:24 PM).
Kelaria

Nature: Gentle
I hit 999:59 hours sometime this evening! I was disappointed to find that the counter does not go any higher. I figured with it being such a new game, they could have figured out how to let the counter go as high as 9999.

Oh well... guess I won't know how many hours I truly have anymore! :/ I won't restart the game because I don't want to lose my progress and this X version is my main copy. I'm currently working on my second play-through of Y (my third play-through overall).

Crazy to think I've spent so much time playing this game! XD It's awesome though! <3 And most of that time is from shiny hunting while doing other things, so it's not like I spent 999 hours of my life exclusively playing Pokemon.... lol!! I really love this game though!! :D So happy that they finally went 3d! I hope they never go back!

My X & Y Shiny Pokemon:

Old February 21st, 2014 (10:21 PM).
Shrew
is a shrew

462 hours. Even though I got the game when it first came out, I didn't beat story mode until nearly 3 months, mostly because I was busy with school.

I'm pretty addicted to it... I carry my 3DS with me every where I go, and play it whenever I have free time. Either Maison or breeding.
Old February 23rd, 2014 (05:41 PM).
overdid
queen

Good news reading this thread.

I am not an addict!
Old February 25th, 2014 (12:05 AM).
Deivii

I was super addicted to the game until my friend took my 3DS then I had withdrawals. Now I bought another 3DS, too bad the SD Card slot was broken so I had to send it back and get a replacement. I have Pokemon X just sitting here for me to start a new game and have a load of fun ;(!

The bad part about the 3DS besides the SD Card slot, was that I bought it off of eBay and the guy still hasn't received it even though I sent it out last Monday D:.

FC: 4484-9110-5692
Old February 25th, 2014 (06:58 AM).
MrRaptorTurtle

Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
WOOT!!! make it 741 hours!!! ALL 718 POKEMON \o/
My addiction is complete xD!! Is this a cure? i dunno what to do now that I am done :O

Delete your game and start again...

3DS Friend Code: 2509-0812-5836

Steam ID: Mr_Raptor_Turtle

Xbox GT: MrRaptorTurtle

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRaptorTurtleGaming
Make Sure to LIKE & SUBSCRIBE!!
(More videos coming soon)

Old February 25th, 2014 (08:06 AM).
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Nature: Jolly
I'm addicted to battling if anything. I'm up all night till I knock out on weekends battling with people. XY got me into competitive battling.
Old February 25th, 2014 (08:24 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I really love the games and i can truly say i was pretty addicted as soon as they came out. Every day i would play for hours and hours, actually taking my time in exploring Kalos to the fullest. As soon as i beat the main story though my interest shrunk a lot, since im neither patient enough to complete the Pokedex nor into competitive battling. I wish the post-game was longer, but i can say it was a great and addicting adventure while it lasted (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 12th, 2014 (02:16 PM).
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'm around 90h in Pokemon X and 10h in Pokemon Y (acquired less than 20h ago lol). My boyfriend just got a 3DS and Y on the weekend and he's already beaten the game in about 20h. It makes me somewhat sad to know how short the storyline was, esp. with such a lack of post-game material.

In X, the story took around 15-20h for me, and the rest was between breeding Pokemon and around 30h mass-battling at the Battle Castle. I have so much monies now lol

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Old March 12th, 2014 (06:15 PM).
mac098

I got it when it first came out and I played it for five days (no idea on how many hours I put in), but then I stopped playing till about 4-5 days ago. Since then I've put on about 15-25 hours, not really sure how many exactly. But these hours have been mostly just trying to complete the pokedex. I just hate the GTS now that everyone wants a genesect for a simple pokemon. Now its getting really boring again, so I wouldn't say that I'm addicted at all.
Old March 13th, 2014 (06:24 AM). Edited March 13th, 2014 by BasedNate.
BasedNate
ImDaBes

Nature: Adamant
Not as much as the previous Pokemon games. Imo, XY has the worst post game of all time. There's not really much to do after you beat the Elite Four. You just catch three legendary Pokemon and they're extremely easy to find besides Zygarde. There's no post game story at all that makes you wanna continue playing besides Looker, but I find that pretty boring and wouldn't exactly call it a "story." All you do after beating The Elite Four is battle your rival any time, talk to Sycamore, Battle Maison, and Looker mission.

The post game pretty much wants you to grind & they made it easy as heck this gen. I'm guessing it's all about competitive battling now so I guess I'm not really much of a hardcore competitive player because I'd rather use Pokegen. I used to breed a lot though to get the perfect Pokemon, but eh... kinda tired of that now. If you're a competitive battler, you'll be addicted to this game due to it being the most competitive-friendly gen.

*Edit*
Forgot to mention that the Looker story itself isn't boring. My apologies for not explaining it correctly. The story was pretty intense & had lots of feels. I just hate that it took place in a huge city where you have to either call a taxi or bike it through instead of a new place or something. :l

Old March 13th, 2014 (08:42 AM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by BasedNate:
Not as much as the previous Pokemon games. Imo, XY has the worst post game of all time. There's not really much to do after you beat the Elite Four. You just catch three legendary Pokemon and they're extremely easy to find besides Zygarde. There's no post game story at all that makes you wanna continue playing besides Looker, but I find that pretty boring and wouldn't exactly call it a "story." All you do after beating The Elite Four is battle your rival any time, talk to Sycamore, Battle Maison, and Looker mission.
Red/Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire beat out X/Y in terms of most sparse post-game. There is absolutely nothing to do in those games after beating the E4 besides catch a couple of legendaries.

In other news, I recently passed the 300 hour mark on my Y.

Old March 13th, 2014 (10:05 AM).
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Red/Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire beat out X/Y in terms of most sparse post-game. There is absolutely nothing to do in those games after beating the E4 besides catch a couple of legendaries.
Are ya kidding? You had the whole contest scene in Ruby and Sapphire!

Old March 13th, 2014 (11:07 AM).
Atwilko

game time is 246:07 and 409 pokemon caught
Old March 13th, 2014 (01:10 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I think I have grown out of X&Y now. 228 hours on X and 450 hours on Y. I also have over 150 flawless shinies, but with Powersaves making everything accessible, I've lost motivation to continue.

Meanwhile I'll be waiting for the next major Pokemon game and play the **** out of it.

WHIRL ISLANDS' FINEST (PKMN SHOP)
MY TRADE REVIEW THREAD
XY/ORAS FRIEND CODE: 3969-4824-9126

Old March 13th, 2014 (02:12 PM).
mangamusicfan
The Lost one.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Really Love it!
Busy with the sory and training at the moment.
At the moment I have done the game I start Breeding!

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 13th, 2014 (02:54 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by Shimmer Mint:
Are ya kidding? You had the whole contest scene in Ruby and Sapphire!
Ah, right. I forgot about those. Though my statement still holds true with Red/Blue/Yellow.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links