Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game
Reload this Page Event Favorite Set Poll Week 1! - Best of The Beginning!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite set among these?
Base Set 4 57.14%
Jungle 2 28.57%
URL="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fossil_%28TCG%29"]Fossil[/URL] 2 28.57%
Base Set 2 0 0%
Rocket 2 28.57%
Gym Heroes 0 0%
URL="http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gym_Challenge_%28TCG%29"]Gym Challenge[/URL] 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2014 (09:36 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

Welcome to the favorite set poll! Inspired greatly by the favorite Pokemon poll series over in Pokemon Voting Polls, I've set out to determine what PokeCommunity's favorite English language set of all time is! This poll will span just over 2 months of voting, with 8 weeks for determining which of the 78 English sets will be the finalists in 8 weekly polls, and then a final 2 weeks for the final poll! You may vote for as many of your favorite sets as you like to ensure that at least one of your favorite sets makes it through to the final round!

First up are the first 7 sets from the "Classic" era of the TCG, the ones most people are familiar with!

Those sets are the Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, Base Set 2, Rocket, Gym Heroes, and Gym Challenge!

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old January 30th, 2014 (09:48 PM).

Mine would be Base or Rocket. Though to be fair i cant remember most of the sets.
Old January 30th, 2014 (10:10 PM).
ffet
ModeratorEO

Nature: Relaxed
One fun poll wraps up and another opens soon after :3

I voted for Base and Fossil because almost all of my favorite classics are from those two sets. 99% of my playing experience with those sets is from the Gameboy game haha but unfortunately the low resolution didn't do any justice to the artwork :\
Old January 31st, 2014 (02:01 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
I'm so dumb. I voted Jungle, which I was going to, but forgot to click Rocket as well. Anyway, those two are my favorite out of the original sets. I love Base Set, but looks at it, it's mainly a lot of Sugimori art which pales in comparison to the Jungle and Rocket art. Jungle Eevee was my first Pokemon card, so I guess that's a little biased of me to pick Jungle, but just LOOK at that card. Look at the colors! The scenery! The Eevee! It all really suits the set name. Jungle is perfect.

Rocket is also a favorite of mine. Gameplay wise, they're rather strange and just...not very useful, compared to other sets especially. But the artwork and the concept behind the set is enough to pull it up to the top alongside Jungle.

I personally love all these sets, except for Base Set 2. It kind of sucks to have a Base Set 2 Charizard as opposed to a Base Set Charizard, for example. :P I feel like BS2 is like a consolation prize set or something.

paired to klippy
Old January 31st, 2014 (09:57 PM).
Will you notice?
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Base set was definitely my most preferred one. Rocket coming in 2nd and Gym set coming in last. The artwork for the gym set was really nice but the attacks of those were just, ugh.... very horrible and every card in that set had better alternatives too.
Old February 1st, 2014 (01:13 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
The Fossil set, of course! There may not have been as many trainer cards as other sets but the Pokémon more than made up for it. These were actually the first cards I started collecting, but it felt so special having cards like Aerodactyl and Kabutops because they were always so unique and rare in-game. I can't honestly remember much about the others, but the fact that I remember Fossil at all after this long is a sign that it must've been special haha.
Old February 2nd, 2014 (12:44 AM).
とたけけ
ModeratorCSEO

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Quote originally posted by donavannj:
Inspired greatly by the favorite Pokemon poll series over in Pokemon Voting Polls...
Woohoo!

It was a tough choice for me, so I narrowed down my 3 votes to the Base Set, Jungle set and the Rocket set. These three were the ones that I collected the most when I was really invested into the TCG, and I'd say I've have at least 60% of the cards from each of these sets in my collection somewhere.

My favorite card that I own (a Japanese Butterfree) happens to be from the Jungle set as well, so extra points goes to that, even if the poll won't reflect it.

Old February 3rd, 2014 (08:26 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

3 more days left to vote, guys! Voting ends at 11:30 PM GMT -6 on the 6th!

I'll be withholding my votes until the end in case we need a tiebreaker. Though I suppose I could implement sudden-death runoffs to break ties before the final round.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old February 4th, 2014 (06:12 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

2 days left to vote, everyone!

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old February 8th, 2014 (11:28 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

Sorry about the delay with closing this and posting up round 2, but I got a little busy offline without warning.

My votes would not have changed anything this week (for the record, I would have voted for the Gym Sets because I like the whole ____'s Pokemon concept), so I have not put mine in.

This weeks winner is the Base Set!

Week 2's Round will be up shortly.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links