Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Monotype Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 28th, 2014 (01:34 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Nature: Adamant
ANNOUNCEMENT!

I have begun a poll to let you guys decide the fate of Mega Evolution in the Monotype Challenge! I will not be voting myself to keep it as neutral a decision as possible. Please refrain from debating the details in the thread itself, just vote your own decision. The poll will last 2 weeks, which should be plenty of time for all the regular participants to vote.

Old February 28th, 2014 (05:00 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
Update for my Normal Ultimate Mono Run!

Didn't progress too much storywise but my team is coming together. Spent too long in the Safari Zone trying to catch Tauros so I gave up and I'm sticking to the four I have now! Just beat Erika and now I'm gonna make my way south down to Koga!

Spoiler:

Old February 28th, 2014 (06:36 PM).
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
Forum User Name: blueredemption
Pokémon Type: flying
Challenge Type: single
Game(s): SoulSilver
Previous Progress: No

Maybe golbats won't be a problem this time

I will complete the National dex!
669/719
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 28th, 2014 (11:42 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Plans got cancelled so decided to grind out the end of Yellow. The Elite Four/Champion were actually quite challenging because I was kind of underleveled! But I did it! The time count is off because of the emulating by the way.

Ambrosia was the MVP of this run. With her coverage, bulk and just overall awesomeness she helped me beat the E4!

Now onto Crystal!
Old March 1st, 2014 (02:16 AM).

Ultimate Bug Monotype Challenge: Pokemon X Edition
2 Gyms for the Price of 1

Spoiler:

Went onwards to azure bay and beat trainers grabbed items and levelled a bit whirlipede evolved into scolipede
went on to coumarine city beat calem pretty easily Pinsir learned X Scissor and pretty much swept him (even dodged a fire spin and 2HKOd with brick break)
gym was easy with my bug peeps at my back

VS Ramos
easy easy eeeee zeeee.
thought that butterfree could take out jumpluff but then crit acrobatics OHKOd so i decided to bring in dwebble and Rock Slide nearly OHKOd, he healed up and another rock slide took him back down then he used leech seed for some reason and a bug bite finished him.
Weepinbell was next and X scissor did about half from pinsir then it used Gastro Acid for some reason so i finished with a second X scissor.
Finally Gogoat was easy as hell i hit it with brick break just in case he had another potion or something then he hit me with take down and i finished with x scissor.
Got the lucky egg from coumarine city
levelled scolipede and dwebble from the team flare grunts and admins in the power plant
dwebble evolved into Crustle
went back to Lumiose city
levelled pinsir in the gym

VS Clemont
this wasnt too hard honestly. aimed a rock slide from crustle at emolga but the thing was a damn coward and volt switched out to magneton which took a rock slide then i died to mirror shot (purposefully) so i could bring in pinsir freely and bring him to red with storm throw living a thunderbolt and forcing the potion then brick break took about half and a final storm throw finished him off. sent in butterfree as fodder to revive crustle and it lived a volt switch from emolga, then healed up pinsir as quick attack finished me. pinsir came in and a storm throw followed by an x scissor finished it off after i lived a thunderbolt. crustle took a volt switch from emolga and finally crushed it with rock slide

CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

Photon (Vivillion) Bug/Flying LV 32
Aromatherapy
Draning Kiss
Struggle Bug
Psybeam

Fluttershy (butterfree) LV 33 Bug/Flying
Psybeam
Sleep Powder
Silver Wind
Aerial Ace

Rocky(Crustle) LV 35 Bug/Rock
Rock Slide
Bug Bite
Nature Power
Strength

Paulie (Scolipede) LV 34 Bug/Poison
Poison Tail
Bug Bite
Screech
Iron Defense

Dikcpinch (Pinsir) LV 34 Bug
Brick Break
Return
X Scissor
Storm Throw

Old March 1st, 2014 (11:24 AM).

Ultimate Fire Monotype Emerald Update:
-defeated Juan
-defeated Wally in Victory Road
-defeated Elite Four and Champion

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Blaziken
Lv. 58
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Impish
HP: 179
Attack: 167
Defense: 113
Sp. Attack: 127
Sp. Defense: 114
Speed: 117
Moves: Slash/Double Kick/Bulk Up/Blaze Kick

Camerupt
Lv. 55
Ability: Magma Armor
HP: 159
Attack: 141
Defense: 94
Sp. Attack: 117
Sp. Defense: 109
Speed: 76
Moves: Rock Slide/Fissure/Eruption/Earthquake

Magcargo
Lv. 55
Ability: Magma Armor
Nature: Docile
HP: 134
Attack: 68
Defense: 151
Sp. Attack: 105
Sp. Defense: 114
Speed: 58
Moves: Amnesia/Yawn/Flamethrower/Rock Slide

Torkoal
Lv. 55
Ability: White Smoke
Nature: Bashful
HP: 159
Attack: 118
Defense: 182
Sp. Attack: 122
Sp. Defense: 92
Speed: 48
Moves: Flamethrower/Body Slam/Curse/Amnesia

Ninetales
Lv. 55
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Sassy
HP: 169
Attack: 110
Defense: 104
Sp. Attack: 108
Sp. Defense: 152
Speed: 128
Moves: Quick Attack/Will-O-Wisp/Confuse Ray/Flamethrower
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old March 1st, 2014 (01:08 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Normal Crystal Progress Update!

Continuing as Norman I'm slowly making my way through his homeland of Johto! I've got my three team members already and he's gotten six badges so far! Jasmine was definitely the hardest because she was a much higher level than me! But thankfully I had two Revives to keep Winston the Ursaring alive! Just cleared out the old ninja hideout in Mahogany and gonna take on Pryce now!

Old March 2nd, 2014 (11:17 AM).

Pokemon X Bugmono update
Fairies oh god!

Spoiler:

Went on to the swampy route and fought some trainers, heard the Lamest ghost story evar no way i'm tipping you mr ghost your story was karp!
Battled Calem, once again pinsir was the star of the show wich crustle picking up the win on Delphox

Went on to the next city, bought a pretty skirt for my lovely lady
beat the trainers without much difficulty i remembered in the first battle that Poison>Fairy so Scolipede could go to town...

VS Valerie
or so i thought, mawile was a wake up call for that though i did hit a screech and switch to pinsir which eventually took it down after a hyper potion from each side and a switch after she got -2 DEF on me with crunch the thing did have iron defence but Storm Throw is a guaranteed crit so yay for that. Next i managed to screech mr mime as it set up reflect and crit with poison tail before it got any shenanigans with psychic going. lastly pinsir used brick break on sylveon to break the reflect then got revenge critted by dazzling gleam to kill it then i screeched with scolipede and hit poison tail for big damage before a crit swift took me down to 3 HP, i thought i can outspeed and finish with poison tail but the thing has quick attack and killed me. well crustle finished the job and lived a dazzling gleam quite easily to finish off with a rock slide.

CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

Photon (Vivillion) Bug/Flying LV 36
Aromatherapy
Draning Kiss
Bug Buzz
Psybeam

Fluttershy (butterfree) LV 35 Bug/Flying
Psybeam
Sleep Powder
Silver Wind
Aerial Ace

Rocky(Crustle) LV 35 Bug/Rock
Rock Slide
Bug Bite
Nature Power
Strength

Paulie (Scolipede) LV 37 Bug/Poison
Poison Tail
Bug Bite
Screech
Iron Defense

Dikcpinch (Pinsir) LV 36 Bug
Brick Break
Return
X Scissor
Storm Throw

Old March 2nd, 2014 (07:47 PM).
Arkansan Pokemon Master

Guess I'll give an update. First badge was no problem, I haven't made it to the second one yet. Shouldn't be too difficult with Wingull though, especially since I've spent the past few hours grinding. For the sake of convenience, assume everyone is level 19. (Because I'm still grinding at the moment, and 19 is the level I plan on stopping at)

Current team:
Spoiler:

Charles the Pidgeotto

•Tackle
•Sand Attack
•Gust
•Quick Attack

Stogie the Doduo
•Peck
•Pursuit
•Quick Attack
•Rage

Barry the Taillow
•Wing Attack
•Growl
•Focus Energy
•Quick Attack

Orville the Wingull
•Water Pulse
•Wing Attack
•Super Sawnic
•Mist

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old March 3rd, 2014 (03:22 PM).
Preschooler

Nature: Quirky
Aaah, after taking a quick hiatus, I returned to my poison monotype today! Time to finish this!

-After replacing Venusaur in my party for my Strength slave, I headed off to Route 22 so I could get through Victory Road.
-Battled Apple. Everything was going very smoothly until he sent out his Charizard, which, I saw with horror, was one level higher than my own Pokemon, and I lost Gengar to a critical Wing Attack from it.
-Made it past all the guards at the Pokemon League and started into Victory Road. While in Victory Road, I lost Golbat to an Exeggutor. Other than that, everything went fine.
-As soon as I made it to Indigo Plateau, I went straight back to Kindle Road to grind..
-Battled Crush Girl Sharon, Black Belt Hugh, and Black Belt Shea for what seemed like FOREVER. Eventually, though, I managed to get everyone to a high enough level to take on the Elite 4.
-I completely destroyed Lorelei with Gengar, as Thunderbolt was able to OHKO all of her water types except for Lapras. Lapras was taken down to the yellow from the attack, but was paralyzed as a side effect; it was unable to move during that turn, and was promptly hit with another Thunderbolt, knocking it out. As for Jynx, I switched in Golbat, who was able to take care of her easily with a Shadow Ball.
-I kept Gengar at the front of my party for Bruno, thinking he would lead with a fighting type; however, when he led with Onix, I switched in Tentacruel and took it down with ease. Of course, the stupid idiot sent out his other Onix immediately after, so Tentacruel didn't even need to leave the battlefield. After those were taken care of, I sent Gengar back out and took out his fighting types with ease, scoring OHKOs on Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee, and a 2HKO on Machamp.
-I continued using Gengar against Agatha, who honestly was a joke; I had absolutely no issues with her whatsoever.
-Lance was a bit more difficult. I kept Gengar in against his Gyarados and Aerodactyl; I took them down with ease. When he was about to send out Dragonite, I switched to Tentacruel, expecting to wipe them out using Ice Beam. However, Dragonite turned out to be more bulky than that, surviving the Ice Beam and using Safeguard, then healing the next turn. It took two more Ice Beams to knock him out. The first Dragonair was similar; the first Ice Beam didn't do it, and he managed to paralyze Tentacruel before getting knocked out from Ice Beam. The second Dragonair was killed in one hit, thankfully.
-I was expecting Apple to be ridiculously difficult after Lance, but he actually wasn't so bad. Everybody was taken down by either Gengar, Golbat, or Tentacruel. I had a bit of trouble against his Exeggutor; I thought I would be clever and try to use Poison Fang against it, but it barely did anything, and he nailed Golbat with Sleep Powder, forcing me to spend a turn healing. I got him the next turn using Shadow Ball, like I should have in the first place. Charizard also didn't faint from the first Hydro Pump I threw at him; it took another one to kill him.
-Became the Champion and secured my place in the Hall of Fame, completing my poison challenge!!!

Team and Final Thoughts

Spoiler:

Blossom / Female / Brave / Overgrow / Lv. 64
Return / Toxic / Leech Seed / Solarbeam

I'm going to be blunt; Venusaur sucked. She had no good moves in her level-up movepool, and she barely learned any TMs that weren't better suited to someone else. She was useful in the beginning of the game, but I honestly found myself wishing I had chosen a different grass type instead.

Mary / Female / Jolly / Poison Point / Lv. 64
Earthquake / Body Slam / Rock Tomb / Superpower

Nidoqueen was...pretty average, to be honest. She wasn't my hardest hitter, and sometimes I found myself wishing I didn't do an all-female team and picked Nidoking instead, but... She actually wasn't so bad after she was rocking Earthquake, so all was not lost in the end.

Elissabat / Female / Serious / Inner Focus / Lv. 64
Poison Fang / Steel Wing / Aerial Ace / Shadow Ball

I honestly wasn't considering Golbat when I first came up with the idea to do a poison monotype; I was actually thinking of using Venomoth instead. Heh. But, in the end, I was glad I chose Golbat, because she turned out to be a very useful Pokemon when battling the Elite 4. The only thing that sucked was that she was really hindered by the game's utter refusal to let her evolve into Crobat. There was so much potential wasted there, because had she evolved into Crobat and learned Fly instead of Aerial Ace, she easily would have been one of my MVPs.

Viperine / Female / Lonely / Shed Skin / Lv. 64
Dig / Iron Tail / Rock Slide / Acid

I was really excited to use Arbok, as it was something I had never used on any team before. When I first got her, she sucked so badly, I thought for sure I had made a bad decision, and that she was going to be a dead weight on my team. Fortunately, I was quite wrong about that. Throughout my game, Arbok was one of my most useful Pokemon that I had. It's a shame that I didn't get to use her during the Elite 4 challenge; she's actually a really cool Pokemon, and I really enjoyed using her.

Scarah / Female / Bashful / Levitate / Lv. 66
Giga Drain / Destiny Bond / Thunderbolt / Psychic

Unsurprisingly, Gengar was easily the best Pokemon on my team. It's actually kind of unfair how superior she was to everyone else; I thought for sure that her lack of a STAB move would be a drawback for her, something that would make her level with everyone else, but no, even without STAB moves, she managed to destroy everything she saw, and excelled beyond the rest of my team.

Marina / Female / Brave / Liquid Ooze / Lv. 64
Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Surf / Thief

Tentacruel was probably my second best member, after Gengar. She wasn't really my hardest hitter, but her moveset and typing turned out to be really useful when everything was said and done. Tentacruel didn't really do anything spectacular, but she did everything that I expected her to, so in the end, I was pretty pleased.

Next up, a bug type adventure through Unova! I can't wait!
Old March 3rd, 2014 (03:22 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by Veevee.
Not just an Eevee

Nature: Brave
Forum User Name: Black Ninetales
Pokémon Type: Electric
Challenge Type: Single (For now)
Game(s): Sacred Gold
Previous Progress: No

I'm determined to actually beat a monotype for once...

Roleplays I'm in:
Noah Viktons in Trumpets
Vincent Havanikoe in Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors
Logan Rachelle (pending) in Awakening

Proud lover of Eevees
Old March 3rd, 2014 (04:59 PM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Beat the E4 on Crystal! Time to conquer Kanto and Red!

Honestly this run is kind of tough because none of them are hitting super hard. But I'm going to persevere in the end! Hopefully with a little help from some TMs available in Kanto.
Old March 3rd, 2014 (06:03 PM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by Mesmerella.
Preschooler

I'm a little over two hours into my bug type challenge, so time for an update!

-Picked Tepig from Professor Juniper; and, no, the reason was not so Cheren and Bianca wouldn't have a fire type, but rather, because I knew Pignite would do best against Lenora.
-Got through the first two gyms using just Tepig/Pignite. Well... Almost. There were some pesky twins outside of Striaton who refused to let me go past them until I had two Pokemon for a double battle, so I picked up Pansage and battled against them. I boxed Pansage immediately afterwards.
-Went to Pinwheel Forest and caught Sewaddle and Venipede; boxed Pignite.

Team

Spoiler:

Laurel / Male / Calm / Swarm / Lv. 14
Tackle / String Shot / Bug Bite

Duke / Male / Impish / Poison Point / Lv. 15
Poison Sting / Screech / Pursuit / Protect
Old March 4th, 2014 (07:11 PM). Edited March 4th, 2014 by thomas0comer.

Ultimate Water Challenge, SoulSilver part 3
Spoiler:

Challenged Goldenrod Gym, obtained Plain Badge. Whitney's Clefairy fell to a critical hit. Her Miltank was annoying, but Wendy (Slowpoke) Disabled its stomp long enough for everybody else to KO it.

Slaughtered an innocent Sudowoodo
Arrived in Eucreteak, met that Eusine dude whose name I always thought was an anagram of Suicune but only now do I see it isn't and where was I going with this
Defeated Rival (Burned Tower), Bayleef's magical leaf was a huge threat but Ridley (Croconaw) got it to low health with Ice Fang and Wendy finished it.
Challenged Eucreteak Gym, obtained Fog Badge. Ridley had Bite, it was laughably easy.

And...

Ultimate Water Challenge, Platinum part 3
Spoiler:

Defeated Rival (Pastoria City)
Challenged Pastoria Gym. Maury (Gastrodon) had Hidden power (grass) and Frank (Bibarel) had Grass Knot and Shock Wave, so it went really easily. Defeated Wake, Obtained Fen Badge.

Defeated Cyrus. He posed almost no difficulty whatsoever. Obtained Surf, at last, and went through and did all the surfy things. Added my Remoraid to the team, named Megumi.
Defeated Rival (Canalave), went easily enough
Sailed to Iron Island, obtained Strength, did some stuff with Riley and HOLY CRAP ENCOUNTERED A SHINY GOLBAT
A SHINY GOLBAT
if only I wasn't playing on an emulator
Challenged Canalave Gym, obtained Mine Badge

Fought some Galactic people again
Walked to Snowpoint City, uphill, both ways, in the snow
Challenged Snowpoint Gym. Obtained Icicle Badge.

Infiltrated the Galactic base, owned a bunch of grunts.
Fought Cyrus. Bering (Empoleon) set up Stealth Rocks on Sneasel, then Flash Cannoned it. Ice Beam handily took out Crobat and Honchkrow in a couple of hits.
Defeated Saturn.
Ascended Mount Coronet, owned some more galactic grunts
Fought Mars and Jupiter in a hilarious double battle in which Bering surfed all three other pokemon to death repeatedly
Saw a couple of gods
Fought Cyrus in the Distortion World. Led with Bering again, set up stealth rocks. Houndoom got a critical flamethrower which left Bering with a burn; Bering falls to burn damage right after Houndoom goes down. Frank Thunderbolts Gyarados and paralyzes it, then scores a lucky (but not needed) critical and KOs it. Frank proceeds to KO Honchkrow with another critical. Jessica (Floatzel) KOs Weavile with Brick Break. Crobat goes down to a few Psychics from Misty.
Giratina was a bit more difficult. Led with Megumi, hoping Aurora Beam would lower its attack a bit. No such luck. Megumi is KO'd by Ominous Wind. Frank hit it with Surf a few times before falling into red health. Withdrew Frank in favor of Bering. Ice Beam finishes it off.
Congrats everybody, we just killed Antimatter-Satan!

Arrived in Sunyshore City, met Flint.
Took a brief detour to go fight the lake pokemon for some easy XP
Challenged Sunyshore Gym. Maury earthquaked everything to death. Obtained Beacon Badge.

Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge
-LeafGreen 8/8- SoulSilver 7/16 -Emerald 8/8- -Platinum 8/8- Black X
Old March 4th, 2014 (07:21 PM).
Preschooler

I've been playing all day! Lots of stuff happened...

-After boxing Pignite, I headed back to the outside of Pinwheel Forest to grind; because, screw your stolen dragon bones, I have cute, fluffy, pink Pokemon to beat up on!
-Sewaddle evolved into Swadloon.
-Venipede evolved into Whirlipede.
-Got to Castelia City and challenged Burgh; I honestly had a lot of difficulty with him, as he kept healing his Whirlipede every time I had it close to fainting, and his Dwebble had Smack Down. His Leavanny was faster than my Whirlipede, and knocked it out with Struggle Bug; thankfully, I was able to defeat it with Swadloon.
-Battled both Bianca and Cheren on Route 4; I was surprised by just how difficult they were. I had a lot of trouble against Bianca's Servine and Cheren's Pansear particularly. I also managed to lose Swadloon against Cheren's Pidove, which was...embarrassing, to say the least. ._.
-Caught Dwebble.
-Made it to Nimbasa, then immediately went to Route 16 to train for Elesa.
-Swadloon evolved into Leavanny.
-Challenged Elesa's gym; however, by the time I got to her, my main Pokemon were paralyzed, and I had no Paralyz Heals left. To make a long story short; I lost. Badly. So, I bought as many Paralyz Heals and Hyper Potions as I could afford, and went to challenge Elesa again. I led with Dwebble, and was badly damaged by a Volt Switch from Emolga – I was able to OHKO the second Emolga with Rock Slide. She sent the first Emolga back in as I healed, and hit me again with Volt Switch to Zebstrika. I healed again, but it used Volt Switch, and I realized that there was absolutely no way Dwebble would ever be able to get a hit in, so I sacrificed it and sent out Whirlipede. I began hitting Elesa's Pokemon with Poison Tail whenever I can, healing as often as I needed to. Both her Emolga and Zebstrika were affected by Poison Point, so I literally just stalled her, healing nearly every turn, and on the turns I didn't heal, hit them with Poison Tail until they eventually fainted from the poison damage. But, in the end, I got the Bolt Badge.
-Whirlipede evolved into Scolipede.
-Caught Karrablast.
-Evolved Karrablast into Escavalier immediately because Karrablast is terrible.
-Trained everyone up to Clay's level, and battled everyone in Cold Storage.

Team

Spoiler:

Laurel / Male / Calm / Swarm / Lv. 32
Slash / Protect / Bug Bite / Razor Leaf

Duke / Male / Impish / Poison Point / Lv. 32
Poison Tail / Screech / Pursuit / Bug Bite

Petra / Female / Naughty / Sturdy / Lv. 33
Slash / Faint Attack / Rock Slide / Bug Bite

Joan / Female / Hardy / Shell Armor / Lv. 33
False Swipe / Bug Buzz / Fury Attack / Slash
Old March 5th, 2014 (09:01 AM).
The dead can't speak...that's why i'm always quiet

Nature: Calm
Can i do 2 single challenges at the same time?
Username: KillerCroCohen
Type: Water
Game: Leaf Green (Cartridge this time!)

As for my Sacred Gold Mono:
I still can't defeat Misty...i don't give up yet!!!!!!!
Old March 6th, 2014 (07:35 AM).

5th gen Ultimate mono-type (NO 3DS)
HunterLee2600
Poison
White, Heart gold, Leaf Green, Ruby, Pearl
Singles
Old March 6th, 2014 (01:18 PM).
I hate Smeargle.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lax
Ice Monotype - Platinum

Yay! Obedient Jynx! Finally got a badge that forces Jynx to obey me. Too bad it was all the way at Veilstone and I had to put up with a rebellious baby for the entire first half of the game. Unfortunately, I think Jynx will start rebelling again in about oh, three levels. Well, at least I still have Eevee. This monotype is approaching three months old. /sad

Current team:
Spoiler:
Eevee Lv. 42
Quick Attack|Return|Bite|Growl

Jynx Lv. 47
Body Slam|Nasty Plot|Psychic|Powder Snow

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 6th, 2014 (02:06 PM).

Well, I was thinking of posting a double update, but the sapphire update took to long. So, I'm just going to update my Poison Mono.

Log:
Spoiler:
-Obtained a soot sack at route 113
-Arrived in Fallarbor Town
-Met Lanette in Fallarbor Town's Pokemon Center
-Taught Sludge a lot of TM moves
-Caught a Seviper on Route 114 and named it Rival S
-Trained Rival S a bit
-Got a Lotad Doll from Lanette! Yay!
-Met Team Magma in Meteor Falls
-Made my way back to Mt. Chimney
-Defeated Archie at Mt. Chimney
-Returned the meteorite to Fallarbor Town
-Taught Tinywings Return
-Traveled to Lavaridge Town
-Challenged Lavaridge Gym and lost
-Trained my team a bit
-Challenged the Gym again... and lost. Torkoal + Overheat + Sunny Day + Attract + 2 Hyper Potions = Massive destruction
-Challenged the Gym again
-Defeated Flannery after a tough battle and obtained the Heat Badge
-Obtained the Go-Goggles from May
-Visited the Desert on Route 111
-Challenged Petalburg Gym... and lost
-Went to train my team for Norman
-Jam evolved into Tentacruel
-Challenged the Gym again and was successful
-Got the Balance badge
-Got Surf from Wally's parents
-Taught Jam Surf

Current (And most likely final) Team:
Spoiler:
Jam (Tentacruel)
Lv: 30
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Mild
Held Item: None
Moves: Bubblebeam, Supersonic, Surf, Acid

Rose (Roselia)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Lax
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf, Grass Whistle

Dustfly (Dustox)
Ability: Shield Dust
Nature: Hardy
Moves: Gust, Psybeam, Moonlight, Harden

Tinywings (Crobat)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Steel Wing, Confuse Ray, Wing Attack, Return

Rival S (Seviper)
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Naive
Moves: Dig, Glare, Crunch, Poison Tail

Sludge (Grimer)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Naive
Moves: Shock Wave, Minimize, Rock Tomb, Sludge

My HM Slave, Treeko, is currently in the PC.

Badges: 5/8

Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Poison)
Ultimate Progress: LeafGreen 0/8, SoulSilver 0/16, Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 0/8, Black 2 2/8, Y 0/8

Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Ghost)
Ultimate Progress: Firered 0/8, SoulSilver 0/16, Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 8/8, White 2 0/8, Y 2/8

Singles
(Ghost) Black 0/8
(Poison) White 0/8
Old March 6th, 2014 (02:51 PM).
Behold, my internet "persona"!

Nature: Modest
Username: GucciMeme
Game: Red
Challenge: Single
Type: Fire

Greetings from /vp/!
MAL
Old March 6th, 2014 (07:45 PM). Edited March 6th, 2014 by mystletainn.
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Giving up on Crystal because I don't have the patience to grind up against weak Pokemon for Red in that game. So gonna do Soul Silver instead.

In the meantime I beat X as part of my run!

http://pkmnvideosya.tumblr.com/post/78814703483

Here's my team in all their low quality video glory!

Diggersby
Pidgeot
Heliolisk
Tauros
Wigglytuff

LOVED LOVED LOVED this team ;w;

http://www.twitch.tv/necrumwarrior PS Come watch Necrum's Nuzlocke stream
Old March 7th, 2014 (06:15 AM).
The dead can't speak...that's why i'm always quiet

For the Sacred gold challenge, i'm dropping it. I can't win Misty with 6 ♥♥♥♥ing Fire-types.

And don't add my 2nd sign up im dropping it too.
Old March 7th, 2014 (03:56 PM).

Ultimate Fire Monotype Platinum Update:
-chose Chimchar and defeated rival on Route 201
-defeated rival on Route 203
-Chimchar evolved into Monferno
-caught Ponyta on Route 207
-defeated Roark
-defeated Gardenia
-received Eevee from Bebe
-defeated Fantina

Team:
Spoiler:

Monferno
Lv. 27
Ability: Blaze
HP: 72
Attack: 48
Defense: 39
Sp. Attack: 54
Sp. Defense: 39
Speed: 55
Moves: Mach Punch/Leer/Flame Wheel/Taunt

Ponyta
Lv. 28
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Gentle
HP: 75
Attack: 59
Defense: 40
Sp. Attack: 44
Sp. Defense: 49
Speed: 67
Moves: Growl/Stomp/Flame Wheel/Ember

Eevee
Lv. 23
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Bashful
HP: 58
Attack: 30
Defense: 30
Sp. Attack: 28
Sp. Defense: 37
Speed: 32
Moves: Quick Attack/Helping Hand/Sand-Attack/Growl
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old March 8th, 2014 (09:49 AM).
Master of the Elements
Crystal Tier

Started my playthrough on Soul Silver! I was stuck with Noctowl until after Whitney so my boy got a little overleveled. And I decided to use Stantler again to redeem my run through from Crystal. Gonna catch a Meowth when I can. Not sure what else I'll use.
Old March 8th, 2014 (05:05 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Updated through Post #150. Voting for Mega Evolution in Monotype Challenges is coming to a close in just a few days so if you haven't cast your vote you should.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links