The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:03 PM).
Anaximandro
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
I know you said you wouldn't explain the hex editing basics but can you post a link to some where i could learn hex editing, also how do you install JPAN's hack?
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:04 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro View Post
I know you said you wouldn't explain the hex editing basics but can you post a link to some where i could learn hex editing, also how do you install JPAN's hack?
Hex editing is as easy as typing numbers.. :D
And JPAN's hacked engine is as easy as applying the patch then using the tool to customize.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:11 PM).
Anaximandro
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
How do i know what numbers to type and where to type them, also i downloaded goldfinger but what hex editor would you recommend?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:12 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro View Post
How do i know what numbers to type and where to type them, also i downloaded goldfinger but what hex editor would you recommend?
Thanks
I'd recommend HxD. Plus it's free so..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:15 PM).
Anaximandro
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Sorry for being annoying but how do i patch the hack onto fire red?
oh, and thank you for all the help.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (02:38 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Hex editing is as easy as typing numbers.. :D
And JPAN's hacked engine is as easy as applying the patch then using the tool to customize.
gogo, the tool is for installing his engine on roms that have already been hacked and that you don't want to lose. It is either the patch or the tool. Using both can get weird.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (03:41 PM).
Anaximandro
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
so i only need to patch it?

You were doing the 649 patch right, how do i download it to try it out?
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (03:43 PM).
Merak's Avatar
Merak
Because reasons.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro View Post
Sorry for being annoying but how do i patch the hack onto fire red?
oh, and thank you for all the help.


To patch the hacked engine onto FireRed, download a patching tool like LunarIPS or SmartIPS, then use them to apply the patch to the rom. (the method of applying the patch using a program like that might vary, I'm not sure really.)
Or download JPAN's hack applier tool and use it to apply all the hacks (or whatever ones you want to apply) onto a rom.
I hope that helps.
__________________
"it is nearly 11 pm and we're discussing an alien eating the personification of humanity's evil desires
help"


Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
MY WRITING
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old Posted February 20th, 2014 (04:46 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro View Post
so i only need to patch it?

You were doing the 649 patch right, how do i download it to try it out?
You don't want to. The patch is beyond repair, but it's features are being broken up and put into different projects.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old Posted February 23rd, 2014 (03:35 AM). Edited February 23rd, 2014 by Kikispoke.
Kikispoke
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Good tutorial but how to you install the save_block_recycle hack to fire red?
I did hex work before and programming but i don't get it.
Im using Hex Workshop as a hex editor.
EDIT:
Ok i read the above posts but i cant find JPAN's hack applier tool and Lunar and smart IPS need a ips file to work!
EDIT AGAIN:
Ok i found JPAN's applier tool but when i apply the patches my maps are messed up!!
Is there An other way of doing this? And sorry that im kind of annoying right now.
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old Posted February 23rd, 2014 (10:44 AM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikispoke View Post
Good tutorial but how to you install the save_block_recycle hack to fire red?
I did hex work before and programming but i don't get it.
Im using Hex Workshop as a hex editor.
EDIT:
Ok i read the above posts but i cant find JPAN's hack applier tool and Lunar and smart IPS need a ips file to work!
EDIT AGAIN:
Ok i found JPAN's applier tool but when i apply the patches my maps are messed up!!
Is there An other way of doing this? And sorry that im kind of annoying right now.
JPAN has a save block hack and then a hacked engine. He has two hacks. You need the save block hack.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old Posted February 23rd, 2014 (12:38 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikispoke View Post
Good tutorial but how to you install the save_block_recycle hack to fire red?
I did hex work before and programming but i don't get it.
Im using Hex Workshop as a hex editor.
EDIT:
Ok i read the above posts but i cant find JPAN's hack applier tool and Lunar and smart IPS need a ips file to work!
EDIT AGAIN:
Ok i found JPAN's applier tool but when i apply the patches my maps are messed up!!
Is there An other way of doing this? And sorry that im kind of annoying right now.
http://www.romhackersonline.com/soci...e-block-patch/
A link is better for those who want to download it ;D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old Posted February 23rd, 2014 (04:23 PM).
GOLDstandard's Avatar
GOLDstandard
GoldStandard
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Jpan's save block hack for the expanded seen/caught flags doesn't break GBA flashcart compatibility right?

Oh, and congrats Doesn't! I'm very happy to see that the expanded pokedex will be a reality.
__________________
Pokemon is fun
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old Posted February 23rd, 2014 (04:24 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDstandard View Post
Jpan's save block hack for the expanded seen/caught flags doesn't break GBA flashcart compatibility right?

Oh, and congrats Doesn't! I'm very happy to see that the expanded pokedex will be a reality.
Yes, it has been tested on real hardware. :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old Posted February 25th, 2014 (02:23 AM).
LanceD
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Very nice tutorial. Might give it a try someday when I work up the courage! LOL

I'm surprised someone hasn't created a tool for this yet though, that does all this for us, as well as a tool fort adding extra Pokémon and types to the games so we don't have to go through and fiddle with all the hex code manually ourselves.

Would be nice to have a tool where we can just import an image for the new type, define a name, type weaknesses and strengths, and everything else a type needs, and then the tool to auto-find free space in the rom and add the newly made type(s) in.

Same for adding Pokémon and expanding the Pokédex.

Or would such tools be too difficult to make?

Don't pay any attention to me LOL I'm just dreaming aloud
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old Posted February 25th, 2014 (12:33 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceD View Post
Very nice tutorial. Might give it a try someday when I work up the courage! LOL

I'm surprised someone hasn't created a tool for this yet though, that does all this for us, as well as a tool fort adding extra Pokémon and types to the games so we don't have to go through and fiddle with all the hex code manually ourselves.

Would be nice to have a tool where we can just import an image for the new type, define a name, type weaknesses and strengths, and everything else a type needs, and then the tool to auto-find free space in the rom and add the newly made type(s) in.

Same for adding Pokémon and expanding the Pokédex.

Or would such tools be too difficult to make?

Don't pay any attention to me LOL I'm just dreaming aloud
Under our influence, Karatekid552's gen 3 hacking suite does this now. Also, adding a type is so easy, just import the image and edit the type effectiveness chart. But Eggs will use the type as of now so..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old Posted February 25th, 2014 (03:20 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojjtech View Post
Under our influence, Karatekid552's gen 3 hacking suite does this now. Also, adding a type is so easy, just import the image and edit the type effectiveness chart. But Eggs will use the type as of now so..
Under your influence??? Well, I guess so As soon as I saw this tut, I just had to start coding, lol.

I do like the idea of expanding types in my tool also. Only, if I am going to do it, I need a clean way to do it on RSE without breaking contests.
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old Posted February 26th, 2014 (03:40 AM). Edited February 26th, 2014 by LanceD.
LanceD
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
What a gem of a program that is

I like the fact that the program searches for free space, so one doesn't have to do so manually.
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old Posted February 26th, 2014 (03:52 AM).
Anaximandro
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Can i add fairy type after useing your III GEN tool to add more pokemon?
Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old Posted February 26th, 2014 (12:26 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaximandro View Post
Can i add fairy type after useing your III GEN tool to add more pokemon?
The tool itself can't add types yet, but if you add it by hand (not hard) then you can make Pokemon that use it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old Posted February 26th, 2014 (03:48 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
So, I think we should stop discussing my tool on this thread. This thread is for this tutorial, which my tool directly followed, so that was the only reason I brought it up. Now we should get back on topic. Okay guys?
__________________

Paired with Simba
Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old Posted February 27th, 2014 (09:59 AM).
LanceD
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Gender: Male
I'm not really looking to expand the total amount of Pokémon in the game in general, though, but rather to raise the number of entries in the Kanto Pokédex to something above 151.

Is there a tool that does this?
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old Posted February 27th, 2014 (02:25 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceD View Post
I'm not really looking to expand the total amount of Pokémon in the game in general, though, but rather to raise the number of entries in the Kanto Pokédex to something above 151.

Is there a tool that does this?
There's no tool, but it's a simple byte edit. I forget where, but if you search on the forums you'll find it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old Posted February 28th, 2014 (04:10 PM).
kearnseyboy6's Avatar
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Just curious... Anyone who has expanded these entries have a broken 'Trader ADvanced'? I would like to edit this trades but since the expansion, all my back ups have this tool broken.
__________________
HOLIDAYING CURRENTLY!!
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old Posted February 28th, 2014 (04:48 PM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearnseyboy6 View Post
Just curious... Anyone who has expanded these entries have a broken 'Trader ADvanced'? I would like to edit this trades but since the expansion, all my back ups have this tool broken.
I've never used it, but I think by what you said that the tool limits at chimecho.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.